PDA

View Full Version : Benny Sapp

Munson
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Was any one else impressed with this guy? He almost picked that ball off near the end. He needs a hell of a lot more playing time. Give him all of snaps that the worthless Eric Warfield would normally get. It would be impossible for Sapp to do anywhere near as bad as E Dub.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2005, 09:50 PM
NO

cdcox
11-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes, I like Sapp.

No, I don't want him taking playing time from Warfield.

Deberg_1990
Tell us how you really feel about Warfield please...

Warfield had 11 tackles today..thats a hell of alot for a DB.......

Count Zarth
Sapp's perfect for the nickel role. He should force McNugget into retirement.

Baconeater
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
I like Warfield, he played for NU back before we started blowing chunks.

Cochise
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
The main thing he brings us is blitzing from the nickel or dime spot.

He looked good jumping that route today but he is what he is.

brent102fire
11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Sapp...what about Washington? I also think he had a hell of a game. Props to him too :toast:

doomy3
11-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Tell us how you really feel about Warfield please...

Warfield had 11 tackles today..thats a hell of alot for a DB.......

While I don't necessarily agree that Sapp should start over him, the 11 tackles that Warfield had is not something to brag about if you are a DB. That usually means, as it did today, that people are catching passes in front of you, and you are having to tackle them. How many tackles did Washington have? Probably not very many, because he did a much better job of defending the receivers BEFORE they made the catches.

Like I said though, I don't think Sapp should play corner over Warfield right now, simply because he is too valuable as a nickel, especially when he blitzes. He is the best blitzing corner that we have.

digi2fish
11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Benny is a hell of blitzer.
:thumb:

elvomito
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
sapp went for the interception and totally missed it. the receiver really should have made that catch.
sapp is still learning and will soon be very good.

Coach
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
CB #1 = Surtain
CB #2 = Washington
CB #3 = Warfield
NB = Sapp

I would take Sapp as my #4 CB over McPasson anytime, anyday.

InChiefsHell
11-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Dingdingding!

Give that man a rep ciiigaaahh!

My thoughts excactly. He's young, and I thing he'll be a bigger contributer that 'ol Dex. I'd like to see Bennie get more playing time...

Scalper
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Warfield would be good if he knew how to tackle

cdcox
11-06-2005, 10:34 PM
While I don't necessarily agree that Sapp should start over him, the 11 tackles that Warfield had is not something to brag about if you are a DB. That usually means, as it did today, that people are catching passes in front of you, and you are having to tackle them.

I'm pretty sure that Gun wanted Warfield to do exactly that. Most of the game Warfield was giving a big cushion, which means people are going to catch the ball in front of you. But that's a coaching decision. Warfield also made some of those tackles in run support.

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Warfield would be good if he knew how to tackle

He had 11 tackles today.

Miles
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
I thought he looked pretty good today. Had a rough bit towards the end when he missed the pick and gave up the TD to moss but was otherwise pretty solid.

OzarksChiefsFan
11-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Put your glasses on people! Most of Warfields tackles were in run support! Him being on the field covered up many mistakes made by the DL especially on screens. When was the last time Surtain had 11 tackles? Warfield was a big part of the win and anyone who has ever played the game or coached it knows it.

greg63
11-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Sapp played very well, but I don't know if setting Warfield on the bench would be a good idea.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-07-2005, 04:06 AM
I don't get the blitzing Sapp love. I just see him bouncing off the QB like a bug, more often than not

ExtremeChief
11-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Sapp did ok, but in crunch time when you get a chance to end the game, you have to catch the ball.

Washington played unbelievably well. Especially on a day when the front four wasn't getting any pressure on Collins. Thank God Collins sucks.

Chieftain58
11-07-2005, 05:09 AM
I love Warfield he had a heck of a game! Washington did pretty good but alot of the times if Kerry Collins just threw the ball to a better location for Moss to catch they would have been completed!The height difference was very apparent!

Fire Me Boy!
11-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Benny the Blitzer... reminds me of a song.

Hey folks, here's a story 'bout Benny the blizter...

Rausch
11-07-2005, 06:50 AM

Exactly.

I'm starting to really like the idea of Surtain, Warfield, Sapp, with Washington filling in for injuries.

I never want to see Bartee or Dexter on the field again...

Gaz
11-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Amazingly, the decimated Chiefs secondary played a very good game. I was really concerned that the loss of Surtain would mean a career day for Moss & Porter. Washington played far better than the ChiefsPlanet nattering nabobs of negativity predicted. Kudos all around.

I also like Sapp at the nickel position.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pleasantly surprised.

Rausch
11-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Amazingly, the decimated Chiefs secondary played a very good game. I was really concerned that the loss of Surtain would mean a career day for Moss & Porter. Washington played far better than the ChiefsPlanet nattering nabobs of negativity predicted. Kudos all around.

I also like Sapp at the nickel position.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pleasantly surprised.

I watched Washinton play absolutely pathetic for the Steelers for years.

Whatever effect Gun had on him it worked. He's playing better than he has in years.

In the past Washington would be 4 or 5 yards behind the WR, completely beaten. He was stride for stride with Moss most of the game (as good as anyone can hope to cover moss) and while he wasn't always in position to make a play he wasn't beaten.

Very good day for the secondary...

Lonewolf Ed
11-07-2005, 07:14 AM
While I don't necessarily agree that Sapp should start over him, the 11 tackles that Warfield had is not something to brag about if you are a DB. That usually means, as it did today, that people are catching passes in front of you, and you are having to tackle them. How many tackles did Washington have? Probably not very many, because he did a much better job of defending the receivers BEFORE they made the catches.

Like I said though, I don't think Sapp should play corner over Warfield right now, simply because he is too valuable as a nickel, especially when he blitzes. He is the best blitzing corner that we have.

Warfield made many of his 11 tackles in the first quarter when it seemed like the first Chief to hit a Raider did not make the tackle and Warfield finished the job. So, I'd have to give him some propers for what he did Sunday.

jcl-kcfan2
11-07-2005, 07:23 AM
CB #1 = Surtain
CB #2 = Washington
CB #3 = Warfield
NB = Sapp

I would take Sapp as my #4 CB over McPasson anytime, anyday.

Washington #2 ??!?!??

Pass some this way...

Fish
11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Keep in mind Warfield is still recovering from a hip pointer too. If you've ever experienced a hip pointer, you know how incredibly painful it can be. I think Warfield did well. Washington deserves some credit for the way he came in and played. I never thought he had that in him. I think he played better in this game than he has all year.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Eric Warfield is vastly under-appreciated by most people in my opinion. No, he's not a great shutdown corner but he's solid and sometimes even spectacular. Yes, he gets burnt from time to time. What CB doesn't these days with the rules that way they are? Ty Law got juked out of his jock strap yesterday. It happens.

Oh, Benny Sapp... yea I like the way he's improving too. Maybe he'll be the next Kawika Mitchell.

Cochise
11-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Surtain
Warfield
Washington
McCleon
Sapp

jspchief
11-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Gun had Warfield lining up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage all day. It allowed Porter to be open on intermediate routes because the zone we played had no answer for that first 15 yards.

IMO Warfield has always been better in man coverage than in zone. We don't have very many DBs that work well in space.

And I agree Warfield is a crappy tackler. I'm tired of him not wrapping up.

ChiefsOne
11-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Warfield and Washington were both solid today. No way in hell can anyone on our roster replace Warfield. Sapp is good, but not as good as Warfield....yet.

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Was any one else impressed with this guy? He almost picked that ball off near the end. He needs a hell of a lot more playing time. Give him all of snaps that the worthless Eric Warfield would normally get. It would be impossible for Sapp to do anywhere near as bad as E Dub.I would have been more impressed with him, had he CAUGHT that INT. It was his.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
no he's not

Hoover
11-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Benny made a nice play on the ball but he was gambling if you ask me. If he doesn't get a hand on that ball its a TD. I like him, in his Nickel and Dime role.

Coach
11-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Washington #2 ??!?!??

Pass some this way...

Heh. I type that because I thought that Warfield's hip injury would make him at least questionable for the Bills game.

However, basing between Washington and Warfield aganist the Raiders, Washington won this one, despite giving up the final TD. Warfield, who I am not faulting for that 10 yards off the line of scrimmage (DAMN IT! QUIT THAT SHIT) and letting Porter getting open for the most part. What Warfield is having problems is trying to tackle. I'm tired of him not even trying to wrap up. He was lucky at that one time where I think Gabriel almost broke it, but Warfield made a shoestring tackle.

InChiefsHell
11-07-2005, 05:35 PM

...he was a low down hoooochie kitzter...
:)

Count Zarth
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Benny made a nice play on the ball but he was gambling if you ask me. If he doesn't get a hand on that ball its a TD. I like him, in his Nickel and Dime role.

I want Benny to continue to do that. If he had picked that bitch off, the game was over. It would have been glorious.

siberian khatru
11-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Benny was the bouncer at the Palais de Danse
He'd slash your granny's face up given half a chance.
He'd sell you back the pieces, all for lss than half a quid
He thought he was the meanest-
Until he met with Savage Sid.

Now Sidney was a greaser with some nasty roots
He poured a pint of Guinness over Benny's boots
Benny looked at Sidney:
Sidney stared right back in his eye.
Sidney chose a switchblade
and Benny got a cold meat pie.
Oh! what a terrible sight,
Much to the people's delight.
One hell of a fight.

Sidney grabbed a hatchet, buried it .... in Benny's head.
The people gasped as he bled:
The end of a Ted?

Well, they dragged him from the wreckage of the Palais in bits.
They tried to stick together all the bits that would fit.
But some of him was missing
and "part of him" arrived too late,
So now he works for Jesus
As the bouncer at St. Peter's Gate.