PDA

View Full Version : King Carl smashes hand through glass after win

BigRedChief
11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Did you guys see this in Poz's column? I still think King Carl needs to go because of his drafting in the 1st and 2nd rounds and his "arrogance" to all below him but I never questioned his passion or that he doesn't care about winning.

Chiefs president/CEO/general manager/disco king Carl Peterson stands up against the glass in his box at Arrowhead Stadium. He watches with some blend of excitement and panic. Numbers swirl in the air.
Ball on the Oakland 1.
Chiefs down 3.
Clock reads 0:05.
Time for one play.
A crowd of 79,033 goes mad.

The Chiefs beat the Raiders. The season is alive again.

And up in his box, Carl Peterson smashes his hands against the window. The glass shatters and falls on him while the crowd flips out. The Chiefs rush the field; the place is madness. While the Chiefs kick the cherry-on-top extra point, Peterson washes the glass out of his hair and face. He rushes downstairs to hug everybody.

“How about the guts of the head coach?” he asks

Katipan
11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
that would have been awesome if it had been his head

edit: Oh sure, edit the title :p

gblowfish
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Usually he just holds the palm of his hand over a bic lighter saying "Devils don't burn.....devils don't burn...."
Makes for an interesting contract negotiating ploy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
He was thinking "shit, now LJ is gonna want more money."

chiefqueen
11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
I hear that PAT was worth a little more than a cherry to those who had $$$ on the game.

BigRedChief
11-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I hear that PAT was worth a little more than a cherry to those who had $$$ on the game.

oh yeah covered the spread. but it is the rule so you can't ignore it or say the officials were paid off.

Calcountry
11-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I hear that PAT was worth a little more than a cherry to those who had $$$ on the game.The line on the gaming thread was 4 1/2 so it didn't matter.

chief52
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
The line on the gaming thread was 4 1/2 so it didn't matter.

Not necessarliy. Depends on when and where you placed your bet.

greg63
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
that would have been awesome if it had been his head

edit: Oh sure, edit the title :p
ROFLROFLROFL
Yea, that too would have been a first.

chagrin
11-07-2005, 11:20 AM
He was thinking "shit, now LJ is gonna want more money."

If anybody wants more money, it should be Shields for opening that hole for LJ

KCTitus
11-07-2005, 11:21 AM
If anybody wants more money, it should be Shields for opening that hole for LJ

Shields is gone after this year...he signed his last contract after he was franchised back in 2000.

Hoover
11-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Who were the officials at the game? They just sucked it up for both teams.

BigRedChief
11-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Shields is gone after this year...he signed his last contract after he was franchised back in 2000.

Yep, Shields, Richardson, Priest and DV are all gone next year. Probably add Roaf and Kennison to that list also.

chiefqueen
11-07-2005, 11:56 AM

I just went by what Greenberg tried to say w/o a voice on "Mike & Mike" this morning.

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Yep, Shields, Richardson, Priest and DV are all gone next year. Probably add Roaf and Kennison to that list also.

I doubt EK is gonna retire after this season and Rich probably wont either, but he probably will sometime after next season.

BigRedChief
11-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I doubt EK is gonna retire after this season and Rich probably wont either, but he probably will sometime after next season.

Kennison is a family man whos ready to spend time with his family. DV is his mentor. He won't start over with a new coach.

Tony Rich has almost all but ruled out next year.

Swanman
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM

I got 4, so that extra point meant I got my money back.

CupidStunt
11-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Kennison is a family man whos ready to spend time with his family. DV is his mentor. He won't start over with a new coach.

Willing to bet Kennison is still here. He's still productive and as good as he's ever been.

Tony Rich has almost all but ruled out next year.

Where did you get this from?

Stinger
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Who were the officials at the game? They just sucked it up for both teams.

Larry Nemers (sp?) a local Springfield, MO resident. His crew this year has to be the worst. In fact the offical that blew the coin toss a couple of years back is on this crew. :shake:

HemiEd
11-07-2005, 12:28 PM

3 1/2 here, but we needed a 2 point coversion for the over.