PDA

View Full Version : What was up with the run defense yesterday?

Count Zarth
11-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I was a little disappointed in the run D against the Raiders. They didn't rip off any huge gaping runs, but they consistently gained 5 yards a pop.

I was very concerned to see the Raiders run us over for the 2-point conversion.

I did hear we were playing alot of nickel yesterday. Was this part of the reason? I couldn't quite tell what sort of scheme Gunther was running.

Tackling sucked early on.

trndobrd
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
That Randy Moss only had one reception was perhaps not merely coincidence... :shrug:

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Tackling sure did suck at first, missed tackle after missed tackle. They only rushed for like 101 yards didnt they? Thats only 7 more yards than normal.

StcChief
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Raiders had only 6 pts at half time. Stopped them when it counted.

TrickyNicky
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Raiders had only 6 pts at half time. Stopped them when it counted.
Exactly. The reason why we give them 5 yards a pop is so we can hold them to FG's. If our offense actually shows up for the first quarter and scores TD's, then they will be forced to play catchup, throw on nearly every down football. In theory this will help us by making them one dimensional. Unfortunately our pass-d has been giving up the points.

Count Zarth
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
What's interesting is that the Raiders scored 9 points in the first half but 6 of it was on the special teams (kickoff return) and the offense (fumble).