PDA

View Full Version : I noticed very few people talk about Lional Dalton.

RedThat
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
The guy has 8 tackles this year, and 0 sacks. Thats it! Only 8 tackles. That has got to be the lowest in the league for starting DTs. And never gets any pressure or pushes the pocket. He gets pancaked easily at the LOS. Everybody talks about how our D-line is weak, and how Hicks has to go. Too be honest, Dalton, imo, is our worst Defensive lineman. Hes gotta go first before anybody on this team. Of course, this is just my opinion, and some may disagree with me. Anyway, Dalton is a free agent this year, and I hope we dont attempt to resign him.

Count Zarth
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Dalton's our fatty-fatty boombatty. He's there to take up space.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Hes alright..but i wouldnt resign him either......This D line will have to be completely rebuilt in the offseason if we want this D to take the next step up to an elite level.

TrickyNicky
11-07-2005, 07:08 PM
He played decent last year in the latter part. This season he is invisible.

nomad
11-07-2005, 07:41 PM
See Ryan Sims circa 2004...

Must be the scheme eh?

HolmeZz
11-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't think he'll be here next year.

the Talking Can
11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
he gets no pressure..but he never gets blown off the line, same as browning...that's a big reason our run D is better...

I'd rather have a DT that could penetrate also...but at least Dalton is tough against the run..he's cheap, we should keep him..

dtebbe
11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
IMHO, if you wanna know the location of a good buffet, ask Lionel Dalton. He could body double for Warren Sapp in the feature film "Black and Sweaty"

DT

DaKCMan AP
11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
#8 Rush D

that is where Dalton makes his contribution

Skip Towne
11-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes but does he start fights at IHOP?

Hoover
11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I find it kinda funny that people bitch about the lack of stats defensive tackels get. There job is to plug the hole and allow our LBs to make the play. Now I think we are doing well this year in stopping the run, what more do you people want?

Taco John
11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Outrageous! Are people really expecting a few tackles out of a Tackle?

KcMizzou
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
what more do you people want?Eleven Rich Scanlons.

Hoover
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Eleven Rich Scanlons.
I know, we can dream.

Count Zarth
11-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Outrageous! Are people really expecting a few tackles out of a Tackle?

Funny that you say that, because Gerard Warren has 9 tackles.

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Dalton is just a huge body that plugs up the hole, kinda like um..Chester did back in the day.

Ebolapox
11-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Funny that you say that, because Gerard Warren has 9 tackles.

Gochiefs>Taco John

-EB-

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I guarantee you the defensive coaches for the KC Chiefs would laugh if they saw this thread. At this time, losing Dalton would be worse then losing anyone else off this defensive football team.

Frankie
11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
He played decent last year in the latter part. This season he is invisible.

Could it be all the attention of the bad guys' O-line went to Sims last year? So Sims looked like he had a bad year and Dalton was free to have a good one. Now, no Sims and Dalton's play drops. :hmmm:

jidar
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Dalton is doing what he's supposed to. He's holding his gap and allowing the LBs to come up and make the tackles. When a OL tries to push him to the left or right, he doesn't move, that's what we're looking for.

TrickyNicky
11-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Could it be all the attention of the bad guys' O-line went to Sims last year? So Sims looked like he had a bad year and Dalton was free to have a good one. Now, no Sims and Dalton's play drops. :hmmm:
Well, in at least four games last year he had pretty good explosiveness through the line. He did a good job of getting a jump on the snap and moving the guard or center into the backfield. I don't know whats wrong with him. Maybe limiting his playtime will help him out.

NaptownChief
11-08-2005, 03:50 PM
#8 Rush D

that is where Dalton makes his contribution

Don't get too caught up in the total rushing yards allowed. The Chiefs are tied for 18th in the league in average yards per carry allowed at 4.1. We are comfortably in the bottom half of the league against the run only reason total rushing yards allowed ranks well is because we are so easy to pass on that most teams don't bother to run the ball on us much.

wolfpack0735
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
everyone passes on us thats why our run "d" is good. but i`d keep o`le jellyroll. they usually double team him and we dont have alot of back up`s.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Dalton has played well, If DT's get tackles that is just gravy.

Calcountry
11-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Gochiefs>Taco John

-EB-have to agree with that

Shox
11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't get too caught up in the total rushing yards allowed. The Chiefs are tied for 18th in the league in average yards per carry allowed at 4.1. We are comfortably in the bottom half of the league against the run only reason total rushing yards allowed ranks well is because we are so easy to pass on that most teams don't bother to run the ball on us much.

You don't attend many games do you.

The Chiefs D has been very, very good against the run D. Get out of the stat sheet and just watch what is happening on the field.

Munson
11-08-2005, 10:38 PM
The guy has 8 tackles this year, and 0 sacks. Thats it! Only 8 tackles. That has got to be the lowest in the league for starting DTs. And never gets any pressure or pushes the pocket. He gets pancaked easily at the LOS. Everybody talks about how our D-line is weak, and how Hicks has to go. Too be honest, Dalton, imo, is our worst Defensive lineman. Hes gotta go first before anybody on this team. Of course, this is just my opinion, and some may disagree with me. Anyway, Dalton is a free agent this year, and I hope we dont attempt to resign him.

This sounds like you're describing Ryan Sims instead of Dalton. I think Dalton is doing about as good as can be expected.

philfree
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Dalton is doing what he's supposed to. At this point our yards per game is pretty good and our yards per carry are still slightly slanted by the Denver game where we got killed as much by the reverse and bootleg by Plumber as we were by the RBs. This Chiefs D has been pretty good against the run so far this year IMO. The MLB has been a big part of that.....

PhilFree:arrow:

brent102fire
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Who gives a rats ass about stats? What are stats and what do they prove? If stats meant anything, then certain teams would not upset or beat teams with lower stats...The Rush D is vastly improved this year. No 100+ rusher and very few big runs against the D, unlike last year and years before. Dalton is a starter on the D line so give him some credit. Teams throw the ball more against the Chiefs this year because they cannot run. I think there are still improvements to be made, but give these guys some credit :cuss:

Count Zarth
11-09-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm still concerned about the run D after that Oakland game. Apart from Hicks stuffing Crockett on 3rd and 1, they ran on us at will.

HolmeZz
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM

We had one bad game against Denver where they ran for 200(with like 70 yards coming on reverses) and we're STILL top 10. The run D's been very good.

kregger
11-09-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm still concerned about the run D after that Oakland game. Apart from Hicks stuffing Crockett on 3rd and 1, they ran on us at will.
But the key is...no long runs...

Count Zarth
11-09-2005, 12:51 AM
But the key is...no long runs...

Yeah, that is refreshing.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm still concerned about the run D after that Oakland game. Apart from Hicks stuffing Crockett on 3rd and 1, they ran on us at will.Eh, Jordan had 93. I'll take that every time if we only give up 175 in passing...

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Who gives a rats ass about stats? What are stats and what do they prove? If stats meant anything, then certain teams would not upset or beat teams with lower stats...The Rush D is vastly improved this year. No 100+ rusher and very few big runs against the D, unlike last year and years before. Dalton is a starter on the D line so give him some credit. Teams throw the ball more against the Chiefs this year because they cannot run. I think there are still improvements to be made, but give these guys some credit :cuss:

I agree with you. Teams don't run as much against us because we're a lot tougher against the run this year. Not near as many big running plays as the last few years with the exception of the donks game this year. Another reason teams don't run against us is because the pass defense is not very good. Why the hell should you run the ball against a tough run defense when you can pass against a swiss cheese pass defense?

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2005, 04:04 AM

Running at will, do you mean 4 yards at a time, with quite a few stops for loss or no gain, sprinkled with a few 10 yard runs? I'll take that anyday over what we've had the last few years.

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Eh, Jordan had 93. I'll take that every time if we only give up 175 in passing...

It seemed like they had more than 175 yards while I was watching the game. Other than the 4th quarter when they gave up the two touchdowns I was pretty impressed with the defense. I don't remembe any big plays that they had, it seemed like they nickle and dimed us to death. I'll have to watch the tape of it tonight though. They did what they needed to do, play well enough for us to win. If we could just get them to play like that every game and the offense to step up a little bit, things would be gravy.