PDA

View Full Version : Our Worst Decision

WestCoastReggie
11-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Signing Kendrell Bell. He does absolutely nothing.

Dunit35
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I actually saw him make a tackle yesterday, I think.

WestCoastReggie
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
<object width="410" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://si-filmroom.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="c=Draft+Order&p=86604&s=1518239&o=siEmbed"></param><embed src="http://si-filmroom.gotuit.com/player/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="340" FlashVars="c=Draft+Order&p=86604&s=1518239&o=siEmbed"></embed></object>

WestCoastReggie
11-07-2005, 11:58 PM
I actually saw him make a tackle yesterday, I think.

I really thought he would be an impact, big-hit player. All I see is him getting his ass shoved to the ground, every play.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM
He might be saving himself until we really need him? :D

Cochise
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I don't know what our alternative is.

WestCoastReggie
11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
He might be saving himself until we really need him? :D

Hopefully. How much are we paying him?

WestCoastReggie
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
I don't know what our alternative is.

Boomer, Scanlon?

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Hopefully. How much are we paying him?

It is a lot more than he is earning right now but I do not remember the number.

WestCoastReggie
11-08-2005, 12:08 AM

Here's my plan:

1.Move Brian Waters to DT
2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

ferrarispider95
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
What is CHEF BOB serving it up at 12:10, dont you got to work tommorrow

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

:doh!: So is Brian going to play "both ways?"

WestCoastReggie
11-08-2005, 12:12 AM
:doh!: So is Brian going to play "both ways?"

He is probably our best linemen right now, and is young. I think he can. He is just that talented.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 12:17 AM
He is probably our best linemen right now, and is young. I think he can. He is just that talented.

I wonder if he would be willing to go back to a leather helmet? He would probably get his picture on Madden's trailer.

Rausch
11-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

Dunit35
11-08-2005, 01:04 AM

I thought his contract was well backloaded because of his injury past?

Coach
11-08-2005, 01:13 AM
I thought his contract was well backloaded because of his injury past?

That's what I believe as well. I'm not saying this exactly, but was it like cheap 2 years, and after that, the Chiefs FO decides what to do.

:shrug:

Miles
11-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

el borracho
11-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Bell is not even close to our worst decision. I think I would list the loss of Ryan Lilja as worse than the acquisition of Bell.

Phobia
11-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Bell is not even close to our worst decision. I think I would list the loss of Ryan Lilja as worse than the acquisition of Bell.

I was just going to post that. Horrible mistake.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Bell was on Chris Meyers and Bryan Cox radio show this afternoon. It was a pretty good interview. Cox was saying shit about DJ and our defense being cowards and Bell told him whatever. Also Bell said that is has been diffuclt for him adjusting to a new position. Its a different mentality than MLB. Said Kawika is learning and improving a bunch and said DJ will be a star.

alanm
11-08-2005, 02:20 AM
WTF, Cutdown day comes, you gotta waive some guys. Indy just swooped him up in the 24hrs before KC could put on the PS. WTF can you do? :shrug:

|Zach|
11-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Awesome thread.

Saggysack
11-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Awesome thread.

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Yup. I posted this in another thread. :shake:

Mecca
11-08-2005, 05:17 AM
WTF, Cutdown day comes, you gotta waive some guys. Indy just swooped him up in the 24hrs before KC could put on the PS. WTF can you do? :shrug:

You could cut a scrub like Brett Williams...........

Wile_E_Coyote
11-08-2005, 06:38 AM
King Carl said Bell & DJ will be getting after the QB in the second half the season

RedandGold
11-08-2005, 06:59 AM
You could cut a scrub like Brett Williams...........

Hey now! We'll have none of that "logic" stuff around here!!!

:D

penguinz
11-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell
Great idea. Let's move our best O-line player to the defense.
:rolleyes:

StcChief
11-08-2005, 07:12 AM
So Carl is saving DJ and Bell for 2nd half???
Could we get Gun to agree to that????

How about playing in the games we could have won.

Iggles, SandyEggo

Area 51
11-08-2005, 07:14 AM
I think that there is a very large misconception here. I'm sure those that are making decisions in the Chiefs front office and on the field have forgotten more about football than all fans on all bb's combined.

Face it boys and girls, we are all hacks here and not as fully informed as we might think.

Ari Chi3fs
11-08-2005, 07:14 AM
i was on the Plaxico Burress Bandwagon... I would have rather have had him instead of Bell at this point, Bell is a turd as far as I can tell, and we sure need a WR.

Phobia
11-08-2005, 07:44 AM
I think that there is a very large misconception here. I'm sure those that are making decisions in the Chiefs front office and on the field have forgotten more about football than all fans on all bb's combined.

Face it boys and girls, we are all hacks here and not as fully informed as we might think.

Bite your tongue. I've been running this site for 5 years and talking NFL football online for several years before that. I'm just waiting on a phone call from an NFL team begging to send me a paycheck.

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Bite your tongue. I've been running this site for 5 years and talking NFL football online for several years before that. I'm just waiting on a phone call from an NFL team begging to send me a paycheck.
ROFL

Im sure that's in the works right after KK gets the call from the FBI regarding the drug ring that will 'shake the foundations of the NFL'

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Bell is playing out of position, much as I feared he would be.

Hopefully Gunther will pull his head out.

tburg
11-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Not keeping Ryan Lilja ranks right up there also, considering how old our OL is looking....

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Not keeping Ryan Lilja ranks right up there also, considering how old our OL is looking....

Who?

ChiTown
11-08-2005, 08:41 AM

I think the more irritating portion of that is the fact that they tried to just slip him onto the practice squad. He sure would have been nice to have with Shields pending retirement....................

ChiefsFan4Life
11-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I wish we still had Fujita for depth.

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Nothing tops Carl drafting Blackledge...clearly the worst decision ever.

ChiTown
11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Who?

Lilja was signed as an undrafted OG FA last year. He played very well during preseason, and the Chiefs tried to slip him on the practice squad thinking no one would pick him up. He was signed by the Colts before the season and he's been their starter for the last 15 games at OG

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Lilja was signed as an undrafted OG FA last year. He played very well during preseason, and the Chiefs tried to slip him on the practice squad thinking no one would pick him up. He was signed by the Colts before the season and he's been their starter for the last 15 games at OG

Of course...a prime study of The Lexicon at work.

The problem here is KC signed to stud UDFA's last year in Scanlon and Lilja and of course had to pick one or the other and true to form, pissed the wrong one away.

ChiTown
11-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Of course...a prime study of The Lexicon at work.

The problem here is KC signed to stud UDFA's last year in Scanlon and Lilja and of course had to pick one or the other and true to form, pissed the wrong one away.

:thumb:

The Bad Guy
11-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I would say our worst decision was approving your registration.

Bwana
11-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

:spock: :bong:

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Signing Kendrell Bell. He does absolutely nothing.
I ran into a Steeler fan friend of mine recently and all he could say was "how is 99 working out for you?" and laugh. I felt the urge to punch him.

Lzen
11-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Here's my plan:

2.Move Jared Allen to LB
3.Cut Bell

Area 51
11-08-2005, 10:31 AM

Don't hold your breath and don't quit your day job.

Area 51
11-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Nothing tops Carl drafting Blackledge...clearly the worst decision ever.

There is a timing problem with your complaint about Blackledge.

Drafted in '83. Carl showed up in '88.

(http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/80s/)Marv Levy was released as the club’s head coach on January 4th. Dallas Cowboys QBs coach John Mackovic was named the fifth head coach in team history on February 2nd. The 39-year-old Mackovic became the youngest individual ever to hold that post for the club. The Chiefs held the seventh overall pick in the quarterback-laden ‘83 NFL Draft and selected QB Todd Blackledge (Penn State). The five other signal-callers selected in the first round that year included John Elway (1st – Baltimore), Jim Kelly (Buffalo – 14th), Tony Eason (New England – 15th), Ken O’Brien (N.Y. Jets – 24th) and Dan Marino (Miami – 27th). LB Bobby Bell became the first Chiefs player to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on July 30th, providing some solace to the franchise which was still mourning the death of RB Joe Delaney.

With Kenney and Blackledge both on the roster, QB Steve Fuller was traded to the L.A. Rams on August 19th. Kenney earned a Pro Bowl berth after racking up a franchise-record 4,348 yards through the air, while WR Carlos Carson hauled in 80 passes for 1,351 yards. Despite the team’s high-flying passing game, Mackovic had trouble finding a suitable replacement for Delaney on the ground. The highest scoring contest in franchise history took place as the Chiefs and Seahawks combined for 99 points in a wild, 51-48 OT loss at Seattle (11/27). A meager crowd of 11,377 attended the club’s season-ending 48-17 win vs. Denver (12/18), the smallest attendance figure ever for a Chiefs game at Arrowhead as the club finished the year at 6-10.

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM

(http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/80s/)Marv Levy was released as the club’s head coach on January 4th. Dallas Cowboys QBs coach John Mackovic was named the fifth head coach in team history on February 2nd. The 39-year-old Mackovic became the youngest individual ever to hold that post for the club. The Chiefs held the seventh overall pick in the quarterback-laden ‘83 NFL Draft and selected QB Todd Blackledge (Penn State). The five other signal-callers selected in the first round that year included John Elway (1st – Baltimore), Jim Kelly (Buffalo – 14th), Tony Eason (New England – 15th), Ken O’Brien (N.Y. Jets – 24th) and Dan Marino (Miami – 27th). LB Bobby Bell became the first Chiefs player to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on July 30th, providing some solace to the franchise which was still mourning the death of RB Joe Delaney.

With Kenney and Blackledge both on the roster, QB Steve Fuller was traded to the L.A. Rams on August 19th. Kenney earned a Pro Bowl berth after racking up a franchise-record 4,348 yards through the air, while WR Carlos Carson hauled in 80 passes for 1,351 yards. Despite the team’s high-flying passing game, Mackovic had trouble finding a suitable replacement for Delaney on the ground. The highest scoring contest in franchise history took place as the Chiefs and Seahawks combined for 99 points in a wild, 51-48 OT loss at Seattle (11/27). A meager crowd of 11,377 attended the club’s season-ending 48-17 win vs. Denver (12/18), the smallest attendance figure ever for a Chiefs game at Arrowhead as the club finished the year at 6-10.

ROFL

We need an "I'm with stupid" smilie...

siberian khatru
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM

http://www.debevans.com/Fish__Hook.jpg

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
ROFL

We need an "I'm with stupid" smilie...

Many of us n00bs have bit on that one.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM

The biggest BS position EVAH!!

if this is true, then nobody should ever question anything that they aren't hired to do.

That includes all political,religious etc ... so basically unless your a politician or a priest you need to STFU and follow along like a good little boy and do whatever a professional tells you to do.

Brilliant!!! :thumb:

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 10:41 AM
the biggest mistake we made imo is hiring Gunther Cunningham as head coach while passing on Andy Reid,Brian Billick and a half a dozen other viable head coaching candidates.

Warrior5
11-08-2005, 10:48 AM
King Carl said Bell & DJ will be getting after the QB in the second half the season

I've said this before, but instead of blitzing Kawika up the gut, Gun should blitz Bell from the weakside (inside Allen) and leave the faster Kawika in coverage...he's already proved he can hang with receivers, while Bell has proved the opposite.

That would better utilize Bell's strengths.

ChiTown
11-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I've said this before, but instead of blitzing Kawika up the gut, Gun should blitz Bell from the weakside (inside Allen) and leave the faster Kawika in coverage...he's already proved he can hang with receivers, while Bell has proved the opposite.

That would better utilize Bell's strengths.

Yes!

:clap:

Chiefnj
11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Bell has been used to blitz, he just hasn't been effective. He might be the slowest starting LB.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
the biggest mistake we made imo is hiring Gunther Cunningham as head coach while passing on Andy Reid,Brian Billick and a half a dozen other viable head coaching candidates.

Agreed, IIRC the players wanted Gunther. The same mistake was made quite a few years earlier when they wanted Frank Ganz.

Area 51
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
The biggest BS position EVAH!!

if this is true, then nobody should ever question anything that they aren't hired to do.

Brilliant!!!

List your qualifications to make recommendations to the Chiefs, or any NFL team regarding personnel transactions. Questioning a move is one thing, but outright claiming that a team is wrong is just stupid.

Yessir, I am Brilliant. To bad some of the rest here can't see that their opinion is just that, an opinion.

The rest of your post is somewhat biased, like maybe you feel superior to the world? Not happening laz, or is it jaz?

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
On the Bell subject, seriously..... how can a guy spend so much time right in the middle of the field and do so little? I don't remember ever hearing his named called. I'msure it has been but damn.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
List your qualifications to make recommendations to the Chiefs, or any NFL team regarding personnel transactions. Questioning a move is one thing, but outright claiming that a team is wrong is just stupid.

Yessir, I am Brilliant. To bad some of the rest here can't see that their opinion is just that, an opinion.

The rest of your post is somewhat biased, like maybe you feel superior to the world? Not happening laz, or is it jaz?
so then by your own logic (if you can even claim it's logic) everyone needs to comment on their chosen profession and then keep your mouth shut about EVERYTHING ELSE.

you hear that Mr. Floor Sweeper ... if it's not about a broom, then shut your hole.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:20 AM
On the Bell subject, seriously..... how can a guy spend so much time right in the middle of the field and do so little? I don't remember ever hearing his named called. I'msure it has been but damn.
Part of the problem imo is that we have Bell back in pass coverage a ton.

i can't even count how many times i've seen him in coverage against a wide receiver. It happens virtually every game ... i saw him one on one with terrell owen more than once.

Bell is a LB/DE ... he needs to be using his power to attack the line of scrimmage and rush the passer.

We've turned him into a strong safety

Area 51
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
so then by your own logic (if you can even claim it's logic) everyone needs to comment on their chosen profession and then keep your mouth shut about EVERYTHING ELSE.

you hear that Mr. Floor Sweeper ... if it's not about a broom, then shut your hole.

What you have failed to realize is that regardless of how hard you try to change something you have absolutely no control over it still will not change. What do you gain from slamming the team you "support"?

What is your chosen profession? Bitching about things you have no control over? Watch out, winter is coming!

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM

i can't even count how many times i've seen him in coverage against a wide receiver. It happens virtually every game ... i saw him one on one with terrell owen more than once.

Bell is a LB/DE ... he needs to be using his power to attack the line of scrimmage and rush the passer.

Is there any logic to why they are doing this, if so I do not understand it. I am trying to find something, anything that would support them doing this.

Chiefnj
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
In the 4th quarter of the Raider game KC started using a little more 3-4 and were moving Bell up the the LOS ala the Falcon. However, he really didn't ever seem to make a big push. Either it was his assignment to contain or he is highly ineffective.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Is there any logic to why they are doing this, if so I do not understand it. I am trying to find something, anything that would support them doing this.
they are dropping into a 2 deep zone pass coverage 80% of time.

that kind of zone coverage pulls the linebackers back into pass coverage and only uses the front 4 lineman for a pass rush.

i can only "assume" they are doing it because they don't think our cornerbacks and safeties are capable of covering on their own.

hopefully getting healthy and finally getting Warfield and Surtain on the field at the same time will allow us to play different coverages.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
What you have failed to realize is that regardless of how hard you try to change something you have absolutely no control over it still will not change. What do you gain from slamming the team you "support"?

What is your chosen profession? Bitching about things you have no control over? Watch out, winter is coming!
having no control over the government doesn't stop you from your incessant bitching about EVERYTHING liberal.

heck, even your own conservative party mates know your a freakin nut job.

you say "slamming" ... i say "discussing"

Area 51
11-08-2005, 11:36 AM
having no control over the government doesn't stop you from your incessant bitching about EVERYTHING liberal.

you say "slamming" ... i say "discussing"

Venting is something a little different.

I don't see much of a discussion from you.

There aren't any members here that are affiliated with the same party I'm with. I hate everyone.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Venting is something a little different.

I don't see much of a discussion from you.

There aren't any members here that are affiliated with the same party I'm with. I hate everyone.
so you venting about liberals is ok ... but chiefs fans venting about their team isn't?

nice :thumb:

discussion ... all you have to do is check this very thread. i'm discussing the chiefs with pretty much everyone but you.

i imagine you do hate everyone since you seem to think that only your opinions count.

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM

Yep. I mentioned it very early in the thread...

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep. I mentioned it very early in the thread...
sorry missed it

gunther needs to look at that imo ... it seems like other teams are using tightends and RB's to run off our corners and safeties deep, so that their wide receivers can get mismatches on the shorter crossing routes against our linebackers.

Lzen
11-08-2005, 11:56 AM

Not a good comparison. I'm certain that running a football team is much, much, much, much, much more complicated than sweeping floors for a living. So, Area 51 does make some good points. I mean, there are a lot of things going on the we, as fans, have no clue about.

That being said, this is a message board. The whole purpose of a message board is to share thoughts and opinions. It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM

you say "slamming" ... i say "discussing"WTF?! This isn't DC...
:spock:

Mr. Laz
11-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I mean, there are a lot of things going on the we, as fans, have no clue about
of course, but that doesn't make fan opinions null and void

it's not rocket science

lots of people have played organized football on this board and have valid opinions about the game.

Area 51
11-08-2005, 12:06 PM
so you venting about liberals is ok ... but chiefs fans venting about their team isn't?

nice :thumb:

discussion ... all you have to do is check this very thread. i'm discussing the chiefs with pretty much everyone but you.

i imagine you do hate everyone since you seem to think that only your opinions count.

Hey Leonard, It's my cake. I can do with it as I please!

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 12:10 PM

No there isnt! Im a fan of the team and therefore can have an opinion about Carl. You act as if my opinion is invalid just because Carl wasnt GM at the time. That's nonsense!

We're discussing Chiefs football here and Im entitled to voice my complaint, if you dont like it the RWNJ's will take over the EARTH! /Laz

Logical
11-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Nothing tops Carl drafting Blackledge...clearly the worst decision ever.This joke never gets old.:p

Logical
11-08-2005, 12:27 PM

We've turned him into a strong safetyTypical of the brilliance of Gunther, he will figure out what he did wrong in the offseason and then fix it next year. This is why I did not really want Gun he is IMO terrible at mid season/game adjustment. This is what I believe led to his every other year defenses of the 90s

Logical
11-08-2005, 12:30 PM

What is your chosen profession? Bitching about things you have no control over? Watch out, winter is coming!In all honesty this is a stupid post. The purpose of the BB is for people to express their opinion both negative and positive. No one has to be an expert. Criticize his opinion if you like (that is also what the BB is for) but don't criticize him for expressing his opinion.

MOhillbilly
11-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I ran into a Steeler fan friend of mine recently and all he could say was "how is 99 working out for you?" and laugh. I felt the urge to punch him.

calmdown. seen a thing on the TV where a radio DJ killed his X-wife.

he didnt have a fro.

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
In all honesty this is a stupid post. The purpose of the BB is for people to express their opinion both negative and positive. No one has to be an expert. Criticize his opinion if you like (that is also what the BB is for) but don't criticize him for expressing his opinion.

Exactly.

Besides, there's really no reason to attack Laz' character. His logic is shaky and punching holes in his arguments is like taking candy from a baby...

:p

Area 51
11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
In all honesty this is a stupid post. The purpose of the BB is for people to express their opinion both negative and positive. No one has to be an expert. Criticize his opinion if you like (that is also what the BB is for) but don't criticize him for expressing his opinion.

Your opinion of the matter sucks.

Warrior5
11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Dear Hannity & Colmes,

Please take this to D.C.

Sincerely,
Participants of the "Our Worst Decision" Thread.