PDA

View Full Version : We're underdogs to Buffalo?

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 09:24 AM
I just saw in the paper that we're two-point underdogs to Buffalo. Buffalo? Who do they even have at QB?

Buffalo's three wins this season have come against Houston at home (22-7), Miami at home (20-14), and the Jets at home (27-17).

They've lost at Tampa (3-19), to Atlanta at home (16-24), at Sanew Antoniorleans (7-19), at Oakland (17-38), and at New England (16-21).

It appears that their only wins have come against abysmally weak teams at home. They've lost to any team that's average or above average, and to at least one weak team.

I know that home field is important, but geez, who you're playing is more important.

nascher
11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Buffalo is always tough to beat @home 8-2 the last 10 games.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Is J.P. Losman still quarterbacking or was he injured?

I suppose home field advantage plus Willis McGahee plus a certain amount of disrespect for the Chiefs overall so-so defense and ify offense contributed to the line.

Donger
11-08-2005, 09:32 AM
The Chiefs haven't won in Buffalo since 1986.

Bleech.

RedDread
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't see this one being even close honestly. Our weakness due to injury is really masked by how terrible Buffalo's Pass O and Rush D is.

Last week's win is probably gonna help propel us through the next two weeks with no problems.

http://www.underconsideration.com/speakup/archives/KenJenningsPodium.jpg

I'll take easiest part of the schedule for $1000 alex

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 09:38 AM
2-point dogs = 1-point favorite - homefield advantage

Cormac
11-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Is J.P. Losman still quarterbacking or was he injured?

I suppose home field advantage plus Willis McGahee plus a certain amount of disrespect for the Chiefs overall so-so defense and ify offense contributed to the line.

Losman was benched for ineffectiveness. I think he was averaging about 85 passing yards/game.

Holcomb is starting now, and has really helped the team offensively. The WRs are getting more involved, particularly Moulds. Their D is weak though, and only worse since Takeo Spikes was knocked out for the year. Apparently their run D is very poor.

I think we should win, but it's hard to trust this team, especially on the road......and without Willie Roaf.

MOhillbilly
11-08-2005, 09:44 AM
they almost always spot points for homefield. W/ takeo out id wouldnt be suprised to see this line swing by fri.

jspchief
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
For the 1 millionth time, bettings spreads have nothing to do with who the experts think will win, and everything to do with what will produce even betting.

In other words, Vegas feels that there are more degenerate gamblers that will bet on Buffalo than KC, so they give points to KC in an effort to generate some action on that side.

MOhillbilly
11-08-2005, 09:48 AM
dont you have some mexicans to hire?

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Holcomb is starting now, and has really helped the team offensively. That's right I forgot that. Didn't he tear us up once when he was in Cleveland?

I think we should win, but it's hard to trust this team, especially on the road......and without Willie Roaf.
word.

jidar
11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
We match up well against Buffalo.
We will win this game.

MOhillbilly
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
We match up well against Buffalo.
We will win this game.

im not so confident yet. the test will be denver and NE and we could still get beat by buffalo and the texans.

chagrin
11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
We will not lose in Buffalo!

jspchief
11-08-2005, 10:01 AM
dont you have some mexicans to hire?Was that directed at me? If it was...No, I already have plenty of Mexicans working for me.

redhed
11-08-2005, 10:13 AM
This is the year of streaks that come to an end! The Chiefs finally won in Florida, and now they're gonna win in Buffalo.
Buffalo is not a good team. The Chiefs may not be a great team, but they're certainly much better than the Bills. I don't care if the Bills are coming off their bye week, the Chiefs will win easily.
30-10 Chiefs.

Rukdafaidas
11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
What I find interesting is the Bills have given up more 20 + yard running plays than anyone in the NFL. And they have what many would consider the best Safety tandem in Vincent and Milloy.

chefsos
11-08-2005, 10:19 AM
What I find interesting is the Bills have given up more 20 + yard running plays than anyone in the NFL. And they have what many would consider the best Safety tandem in Vincent and Milloy.
Given these two tidbits, I'm going to assume Vincent and Milloy have made plenty of tackles.

StcChief
11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
they almost always spot points for homefield. W/ takeo out id wouldnt be suprised to see this line swing by fri.

This should move to at least even by Sat.

Depending on Injury report.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I hope the line stays like this, I look at as a gift for those of us that got clobbered this last weekend.

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 11:05 AM
For the 1 millionth time, bettings spreads have nothing to do with who the experts think will win, and everything to do with what will produce even betting.

In other words, Vegas feels that there are more degenerate gamblers that will bet on Buffalo than KC, so they give points to KC in an effort to generate some action on that side.

I'm sorry, can you repeat that?

Boardin Bronco
11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Why are you guys bitching about the point spread?

Just take the points and run to the bank with them.

jidar
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't bet on sports. I ought to though, I'm winning in 2 more pickem leagues this season including our own CP yahoo pickem league. Won 2 and came in 3rd in another last year.

Calcountry
11-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I just saw in the paper that we're two-point underdogs to Buffalo. Buffalo? Who do they even have at QB?

Buffalo's three wins this season have come against Houston at home (22-7), Miami at home (20-14), and the Jets at home (27-17).

They've lost at Tampa (3-19), to Atlanta at home (16-24), at Sanew Antoniorleans (7-19), at Oakland (17-38), and at New England (16-21).

It appears that their only wins have come against abysmally weak teams at home. They've lost to any team that's average or above average, and to at least one weak team.

I know that home field is important, but geez, who you're playing is more important.Umm, they're at home, maybe that is the reason?