PDA

View Full Version : LOL Chargers fans saying Raiders got robbed

KingPriest2
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Billyball
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2002
Rep: Power: 8

Re: Well, the Chiefs are done

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anybody else as ticked off about the Chiefs/Raiders game as I am? If KC gets time put back on the clock at the end of the game, why was it that the Raiders didn't get time put back on after KC got their final TD. After they crossed the goal line there were still 4 seconds left and the clock kept running and running and running.

I'm not a Raiders fan, believe me I was glad to see them lose, but fair is fair. I umpire high scholl and college baseball and when I was younger I refereed hockey. As an official you don't want to be part of the outcome of the game. But that crew on Sunday took 4 seconds off the clock and gave KC the "homer" call of homer calls.

Also they are saying the Chiefs are done for the year.

Cochise
11-08-2005, 01:06 PM
That's pretty much completely inaccurate.

Seek
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I was sick yesterday so all I did was watch Metro sports replay the Chiefs highlights all morning. There was actually 10 seconds left on the clock when we started calling for a time out.

Lzen
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Actually, I noticed that the clock ran longer than it should have. I thought the Raiders would've gotten a second or two for a kick return. I also noticed that a Chiefs WR(Kennison?) caught a pass and was pushed out of bounds about 2-3 seconds before the 2 minute warning. I wondered why the clock went ahead and ticked down to the 2 minute warning. Isn't the clock supposed to stop when a player goes out of bounds inside of 5 minutes remaining?

Dunit35
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Ok lets say there should have been 2 seconds on the clock, all we are gonna do is kick it 15-20 yards and let it bounce to some retard blocker of theirs and kill him. game over.

Seek
11-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Actually, I noticed that the clock ran longer than it should have. I thought the Raiders would've gotten a second or two for a kick return. I also noticed that a Chiefs WR(Kennison?) caught a pass and was pushed out of bounds about 2-3 seconds before the 2 minute warning. I wondered why the clock went ahead and ticked down to the 2 minute warning. Isn't the clock supposed to stop when a player goes out of bounds inside of 5 minutes remaining?

Cause they ruled that he was pushed out of bounds. I don't know the exact rule, but he has to go out of bounds in a forward motion on is own intention. Being hit out of bounds keeps the clock running.

jynni
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Really? 'Cause the clock stops all the time when players get pushed out of bounds - or at least I thought it did.

And really - I love that those peckerwoods so easily forget the bullsh*t call on Allen and subsequent go ahead touchdown.

morphius
11-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Cause they ruled that he was pushed out of bounds. I don't know the exact rule, but he has to go out of bounds in a forward motion on is own intention. Being hit out of bounds keeps the clock running.
I believe it is if the players forward momentum stops in bounds then goes out the clock keeps going. So if you get pushed out going backwards the clock keeps ticking.

How could their be 4 second left on the clock when he dove, has a play in the NFL ever taken 1 second? Plus it wasn't like they were showing the actual play clock on TV, just the TV stations representation of it.

Frosty
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM

That has to be one of the most randomly called rules in the book.

Area 51
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Really? 'Cause the clock stops all the time when players get pushed out of bounds - or at least I thought it did.

And really - I love that those peckerwoods so easily forget the bullsh*t call on Allen and subsequent go ahead touchdown.

Only if the player's forward momentum has been stopped, in this case it was not.

redhed
11-08-2005, 01:40 PM
I also noticed that a Chiefs WR(Kennison?) caught a pass and was pushed out of bounds about 2-3 seconds before the 2 minute warning. I wondered why the clock went ahead and ticked down to the 2 minute warning. Isn't the clock supposed to stop when a player goes out of bounds inside of 5 minutes remaining?

It's inside of 2mins, not 5.

Calcountry
11-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I was sick yesterday so all I did was watch Metro sports replay the Chiefs highlights all morning. There was actually 10 seconds left on the clock when we started calling for a time out.The ref said, "Put 5 seconds back on the clock", I thought that meant 4+5=9 seconds. Enough time to run a pass, then kick a FG, F it. The refs made the right call, so did Dick, we won and shoved that thing up all of the collective wisdom of the NFL's ass.

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
No matter if the player is pushed or not, going out of bounds stops the clock.

What the refs ruled was that Kennison's forward motion was stopped IN BOUNDS...

StcChief
11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Charger fans sweating already? 8 games to go?

morphius
11-08-2005, 01:49 PM
8. With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee�s signal.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/timing

It appears 5 minutes in the last quarter of the game...

redhed
11-08-2005, 01:51 PM
The ref said, "Put 5 seconds back on the clock", I thought that meant 4+5=9 seconds. Enough time to run a pass, then kick a FG, F it. The refs made the right call, so did Dick, we won and shoved that thing up all of the collective wisdom of the NFL's ass.

The ref said "Put 5 seconds on the clock." The clock went from 4 to 5 seconds. I guess he shoulda said, "Would the clock operator please set the clock to 5 seconds." The refs used to be very clear in what they wanted. Kinda like the "completed pass" or "pass incomplete" thingy.
That crew was an unfunny joke.

Dartgod
11-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Which was total horse shit. In the end, it did not matter, but I was livid during the game when this happened.

King_Chief_Fan
11-08-2005, 01:52 PM
so what if they got cheated.....what are they going to do about it?

Sully
11-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Kennison was running completely perpendicular to the sideline to get out of bounds. All an Oakland player would have to do to establish his loss of forward motion would be to touch him. I was pissed at Kennison for at the very least not taking an angle on the sideline, so that the clock would stop. I think it was 2-3 years ago that they really started implementing this rule, and I see it called all the time.

redhed
11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
8. With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee�s signal.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/timing

It appears 5 minutes in the last quarter of the game...

Yup, 5 mins in the 2nd.
We're talking about EK's catch in the first half?

morphius
11-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Yup, 5 mins in the 2nd.
We're talking about EK's catch in the first half?
Thats true, i was thinking the last drive, but we didn't get the ball until after the 2 minute warning, so obviously I wasn't thinking.

Morphius
going to stand in the corner

redhed
11-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Thats true, i was thinking the last drive, but we didn't get the ball until after the 2 minute warning, so obviously I wasn't thinking.

Morphius
going to stand in the corner

Well, EK also had a sideline grab on the final drive. Opposite side of the field (from the first half one), I think.

papasmurf
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
That is why it is called "a home field advantage."

beer bacon
11-08-2005, 02:30 PM
That is why it is called "a home field advantage."
I wonder how much Carl had to pay to get that roughing the passer call against Allen.

penchief
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I was sick yesterday so all I did was watch Metro sports replay the Chiefs highlights all morning. There was actually 10 seconds left on the clock when we started calling for a time out.

I too, thought I saw 9 seconds on the clock when we started signaling for a timeout.

By the way, the Jets game ended early and I was fortunate enough to see the end of our game.

mike_b_284
11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
If the refs did f*ck up in our favor that was the only break we got from them.

Bastards

The first two holding calls were bullsh*t and the "roughing the passer," I am sure there were more than that.

OldTownChief
11-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm really starting to dis-like a lot of these SD fans coming out of the woodwork like roaches. Shouldn't be long until they scurry away. LJ in Arrowhead = ROACHPROOF.

stevieray
11-08-2005, 05:50 PM
they added one second.

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
so what if they got cheated.....what are they going to do about it?

Maybe they should sue the league.

irishjayhawk
11-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Maybe they should sue the league.
Naw, just have Randy fake moon the NFL (logo or commish or something) and Joe Buck freak out.

Calcountry
11-08-2005, 07:40 PM
The ref said "Put 5 seconds on the clock." The clock went from 4 to 5 seconds. I guess he shoulda said, "Would the clock operator please set the clock to 5 seconds." The refs used to be very clear in what they wanted. Kinda like the "completed pass" or "pass incomplete" thingy.
That crew was an unfunny joke.To be fair to the clock operator, it is not their decision on when to start or stop the clock. It is up to the official time keeper to stop the clock.

redhed
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
To be fair to the clock operator, it is not their decision on when to start or stop the clock. It is up to the official time keeper to stop the clock.

I've heard some kvetching about how the faiders should've had a coupla secs for a K/O return after the final TD. "The clock kept running after they scored", I've heard. What you've said here follows as to what I've heard about the clock: The clock operator doesn't stop it until the ref makes the signal for a TD.

OldTownChief
11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Hell, lets just bring em all back up here to Arrowhead, put 3 seconds on the clock, tee it up, squib it, and knock the piss outa some poor bastard un-lucky enough to pick it up.

Cochise
11-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I too, thought I saw 9 seconds on the clock when we started signaling for a timeout.

By the way, the Jets game ended early and I was fortunate enough to see the end of our game.

I think I remember hearing on the loudspeaker that they put the clock back to 5 seconds before the final play.

And I don't think that the clock stops until the refs signal so that could account for the remaining seconds.

If anyone had a video clip from their tivo we could clear this up :D

KCWolfman
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
No matter if the player is pushed or not, going out of bounds stops the clock.

I thought that only applied under two minutes.

philfree
11-09-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm sure it's already been posted but the double penalty on Allen gave the Raiders a second chance and that was about as bogus as it gets so.....Hell Allen was being choked on that play so it was like a triple whammy :) We ain't even close to even on the being screwed scale in 2005 so...........Uhhh.....The Chiefs are 5-3 and that's a fact.

PhilFree:arrow:

arrowhead20
11-09-2005, 02:35 AM
not to mention the fact that 3/4 of the faiders team was in the tunnel after the TD anyways, kerry collins had to play saftey on our PAT. friggin' sushi eatin charger fans!!!!!!!!

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2005, 05:09 AM
I thought that only applied under two minutes.

Either way his forward progess was stopped inbounds so no matter what the rule is the play was ruled over before he went out of bounds.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-09-2005, 07:30 AM
so Tynes kicking an extra point would not have run any time off the clock. If there was any time left on the clock to begin with

---

play by play

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051106_OAK@KC

Seek
11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
not to mention the fact that 3/4 of the faiders team was in the tunnel after the TD anyways, kerry collins had to play saftey on our PAT. friggin' sushi eatin charger fans!!!!!!!!

Plus they only had 10 guys on the field.

Lzen
11-09-2005, 08:43 AM
That has to be one of the most randomly called rules in the book.

Yes. I need to go back and look at that play. I thought the rule had to do with forward progress, but I didn't think our WR's forward progress had been stopped.

Lzen
11-09-2005, 08:45 AM

It used to be that way. I thought they made it 5 not too many years ago. Or maybe it's college football that I'm thinking of.

Say, does anyone know where to find the rules on that? Perhaps NFL.com, but their site is not user friendly when it comes to trying to find stuff like that.

Edit: Nevermind. Thanks morphius for posting the rules. :thumb:

Lzen
11-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I've heard some kvetching about how the faiders should've had a coupla secs for a K/O return after the final TD. "The clock kept running after they scored", I've heard. What you've said here follows as to what I've heard about the clock: The clock operator doesn't stop it until the ref makes the signal for a TD.

Another good point.