PDA

View Full Version : T.O will not lose money in the end!!!

Logical
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Sure he stands to lose .8 m to 2.6 m worst case short term, but then he is a free agent. Though many teams will shy away from him someone out there will give him a nice hefty signing bonus that will far exceed that paltry sum.

No suprise to me, and I won't be suprised that he ends up smiling all the way to the bank.

nascher
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
i am not so sure if somebody gives him a hefty signing bonus !

Donger
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
That sounds like government accounting.

KCTitus
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
We'll see...I anticipate any team taking a chance on him will have several tiers of bonus money and other clauses that protects the clubs interest.

I figure one more shot for TO then he becomes another Jeff George.

jidar
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't think so. Nobody is going to pony up quite as much.

Goapics1
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I think the Chiefs should sign him.

jidar
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I think the Chiefs should sign him.

Chance of that: zero

Peterson has already said hell no.

Brock
11-08-2005, 01:44 PM
He already has lost money. The guy could have been the Michael Jordan of football. Instead, he's just another moron who left millions on the table.

Sully
11-08-2005, 01:50 PM
He won't lose money in the sense that contracts he hasn't signed yet are moneys he can't lose, yet. However, he will NEVER get that monster contract that he could have gotten had he just kept his mouth shut for 24 months of his life.

BIG_DADDY
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
He won't lose money in the sense that contracts he hasn't signed yet are moneys he can't lose, yet. However, he will NEVER get that monster contract that he could have gotten had he just kept his mouth shut for 24 months of his life.

Oh his mouth and attitude will lose him very real money in the end. Add up the endorsements he will never get because he is a bloody friggen asshole to the fact that he won't get a top dollar long term contract and there you go.

Sully
11-08-2005, 01:57 PM
That's what I'm saying.

Dunit35
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Nobody will give him a big contract, I guess they said he could get a contract like Ricky Williams where its encentive(sp?) based or something.

jspchief
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
He'll lose out on a $7 million roster bonus in March.

Sully
11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
He'll lose out on a $7 million roster bonus in March.

I don't think he's "losing" that, per se, since I really don't think he was going to get it anyway... whether he mouthed off or not.

Mr. Kotter
11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I disagree. There will only be a handful of teams willing to take a chance on him. If we are talking guaranteed money (including bonuses) he won't be making nearly what he thinks he's worth. Any contract he signs with the likes of Denver, Atlanta, Minnestota, etc would would include strict provisions allowing the team an out for future dumbassery on TO's part.

His agent may be able to structure a contract with incentives to make-up a chunk of it. However, the days of TO collecting huge up-front and guaranteed money is done. A-l Davis might be the one exception I can see.

Duck Dog
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Actually if you count the money he won't make endorsing products because he is the most unlikable sports figure EVER, he stands to lose quit a bit.

chefsos
11-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, all that and Nicollette Sheridan will keep her towel on henceforth.

This guy could have owned Philadelphia, and likely the league also after coming back to play in the Super Bowl, by displaying just a smidgen of tact.

keg in kc
11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
He's destroyed any chance he ever might have had at landing a blockbuster contract. This isn't some off-the-field issue where a quality player makes a mistake and a team takes a chance on his character and the possibility of redemption. Owens is a headcase who's proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that he doesn't understand the concept of the word 'team.' He's a selfish asshole glory-hound. Everyone in the NFL knows it. What a waste.

If he ends up anywhere, it'll be Oakland, where you'll have Randy Moss quarter-assing it on one side of the field, and Owens making an ass of himself on the other, just so he can get more camera time. It would be the most-over-hyped, underproductive (in terms of innate talent and raw potential) pair of starting receivers in NFL history.