PDA

View Full Version : Next up Buffalo

greg63
11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
My apologies, I'm certain this is a repost, but I missed it so here it is agian. I can't view this as anything but a "W" for us, but then again I pretty much an optimistic Chiefs homer.

What say you Planet??? How do you see this one going down? …Poll forth coming, for anyone interested.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4827/kcbuffalomatchup7mz.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/stats

MOhillbilly
11-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Buffalo owns KC.
KC will be lucky to make a second down.

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Goddamn MO, you've lost it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I feel pretty strongly that the team that scores more points will win.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Goddamn MO, you've lost it.

I think it is somebody else, I wonder what they did with the real one. :spock:

greg63
11-08-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm going with the Chiefs in a "Blowout" for all the reasons I stated before. :D

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 04:23 PM
The poll is flawed.

Everybody knows Gaz will run out on the field and steal the ball from Kelly Holcomb.

sedated
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Buffalo owns KC.
KC will be lucky to make a second down.

What was the score of that MNF game in 2003?

38-5?

greg63
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
The poll is flawed.

Everybody knows Gaz will run out on the field and steal the ball from Kelly Holcomb.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Curse my inept polling abilities!

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 04:29 PM

38-5?

Correct, but Jerome Woods was in his prime then.

StcChief
11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Break the curse in Buffalo.

greg63
11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Correct, but Jerome Woods was in his prime then.

Yup!

Logical
11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Squeaker but still a W

Logical
11-08-2005, 09:16 PM

38-5?It was a Sunday night game, but I believe you got the score right.

greg63
11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Squeaker but still a W

Well, that is the way they match up on paper - one way or the other.

Skip Towne
11-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Five points!! Hahahahahahaha I wonder how many times a team has scored 5 points in the NFL?

greg63
11-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Five points!! Hahahahahahaha I wonder how many times a team has scored 5 points in the NFL?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I wouldn't even no where to begin looking for a stat like that.

KChiefsQT
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
please not another close one. Let's blow these bills outta the water. I'm too young to be having chestpains over a damn game.

Bowser
11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
please not another close one. Let's blow these bills outta the water. I'm too young to be having chestpains over a damn game.

Try BEING at a game like that. Ay caramba!

milkman
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Defensive/Offensive Matchup.

I guess this means Al will come out passing the ball.

milkman
11-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Don't worry, qt, I'll come up there and massage those pains away! :)

KChiefsQT
Try BEING at a game like that. Ay caramba!
I believe it... you shouldve seen me at the oakland game earlier this year. I was stressssed.

Bowser

They won't be expecting it.

greg63
11-08-2005, 10:19 PM

Yea, I'm gonna have my heart medication handy just in case.

greg63
11-08-2005, 10:21 PM

ROFL ...More than likely.

Phobia
11-08-2005, 10:23 PM

Wasn't there a 5-3 game 2 years ago? Something like that....

Eleazar
11-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Maybe Buffalo's so good against the pass partially because they are so bad against the run?

I mean, you don't need to throw the ball when you can get 5 yards per carry and pile up 150yd per game on the average like they are giving up.

After checking, they are the lowest team in the league in pass attempts against. They are middle of the league in opponent completion percentage and opponent yards per attempt.

Maybe we can move through the air a bit against them after all.

greg63
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Maybe Buffalo's so good against the pass partially because they are so bad against the run?

I mean, you don't need to throw the ball when you can get 5 yards per carry and pile up 150yd per game on the average like they are giving up.

After checking, they are the lowest team in the league in pass attempts against. They are middle of the league in opponent completion percentage and opponent yards per attempt.

Maybe we can move through the air a bit against them after all.

:hmmm: Interesting concept and it will be interesting to see. :D

greg63
11-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Wasn't there a 5-3 game 2 years ago? Something like that....

Now that ya mention it, I think I remember something like that also.

KCWolfman
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Defensive/Offensive Matchup.

Looks like we will be running quite a bit on Sunday.

greg63
11-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Looks like we will be running quite a bit on Sunday.
True, I think that would be the order of the day. Although I think it may be possible to use the run to set up the pass once we get their LB's and DB's defending the run.

KCWolfman
11-08-2005, 11:48 PM
True, I think that would be the order of the day - starting out at least. Although I think it may be possible to use the run to set up the pass once we get their LB's and DB's defending the run.
Trent has really come along with the Play Action Pass.

As much as I dreaded our offense at the time, DeBerg was the master of the PAP.

greg63
11-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Trent has really come along with the Play Action Pass.

As much as I dreaded our offense at the time, DeBerg was the master of the PAP.

For sure, I can remember watching DeBerg torch many a defense with it.

philfree
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
I have no prediction and IMO we better prepare 100% and then play our ass off or we won't win. I think we'll win like I do every week but I don't see going into Buffalo as anything but a dog fight. Out of all the teams I've watched this year I haven't really watched the Bills so....We better play it like the biggest game of the year.

PhilFree:arrow:

greg63
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I have no prediction and IMO we better prepare 100% and then play our ass off or we won't win. I think we'll win like I do every week but I don't see going into Buffalo as anything but a dog fight. Out of all the teams I've watched this year I haven't really watched the Bills so....We better play it like the biggest game of the year.

I think this is true for all our games.

philfree
11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I think this is true for all our games.

Prexactly my point....excisley! There are no gimmies in the NFL....Period...

Hammock Parties
11-09-2005, 12:30 AM
This is stacking up like the Miami game, IMO.

Holcomb is better than Frerotte, though. They do have some problems on the O-line, so it'd be nice to see more pressure on the QB this week.

KCWolfman
11-09-2005, 12:35 AM
There are no gimmies in the NFL....Period...

There are, but normally they are suspended for four games and then released at the end of the season...

Gimme gimme gimme more.

greg63
11-09-2005, 12:38 AM
There are, but normally they are suspended for four games and then released at the end of the season...

Gimme gimme gimme more.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

greg63
11-09-2005, 12:39 AM

Holcomb is better than Frerotte, though. They do have some problems on the O-line, so it'd be nice to see more pressure on the QB this week.

Exactly!

philfree
11-09-2005, 12:49 AM

Nice avatar....You and squirrel nuts could be disturbing though :)

Seriously though a big game by our pass rushers would be welcome. We need to score some points, stop the run and then tee off on Holcomb. I just hope that we don't have the 'Post Raiders Victory Let Down'. From here on out every game is huge...as if they weren't before. On the road if we lose the turnover battle it will be hard to win. This is a tuff game for us IMO. Very tuff!

philfree
11-09-2005, 12:50 AM

Gimme gimme gimme more.

ROFL

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2005, 05:14 AM
I think this team will be fired up still from Sundays game against the raiders. I hope it carries over and they smash the bills in the mouth from the opening kickoff. I really think Vermiel going for the win will fire this team up, give them a little more faith knowing that the coaching staff really truly trusts them in cruchtime, and maybe just light a fire under everyone's asses and get this team going like they should have been from the start of the year.

greg63
11-09-2005, 05:45 AM
I think this team will be fired up still from Sundays game against the raiders. I hope it carries over and they smash the bills in the mouth from the opening kickoff. I really think Vermiel going for the win will fire this team up, give them a little more faith knowing that the coaching staff really truly trusts them in cruchtime, and maybe just light a fire under everyone's asses and get this team going like they should have been from the start of the year.

Works for me Slim. :D

Extra Point
11-09-2005, 07:23 AM
The second offensive drive will reflect the sense of urgency in the coaching staff. The time is RFN!!!

jspchief
11-09-2005, 07:44 AM

Maybe we can move through the air a bit against them after all.This is another "chicken or egg" question. It's possible that their pass defense ranking is skewed because teams don't have to pass on them.

The same could be said about our run D.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter. If our coaches are smart, they won't care if the Bills pass D is as good as their ranking. We have a good running game, and they have a bad running defense. Those are the things we know. Use that knowledge to cram the ball down their throats.

I'm less interested in exposing a myth, and more interested in doing what we know will work.

greg63
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
This is another "chicken or egg" question. It's possible that their pass defense ranking is skewed because teams don't have to pass on them.

The same could be said about our run D.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter. If our coaches are smart, they won't care if the Bills pass D is as good as their ranking. We have a good running game, and they have a bad running defense. Those are the things we know. Use that knowledge to cram the ball down their throats.

I'm less interested in exposing a myth, and more interested in doing what we know will work.

Good post!