PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's Power Rankings

redfan
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9031055

1 Indianapolis Colts 1
Put those doubts to rest. This team is in class by itself. Now it's time for those perfect 1972 Miami Dolphins to start sweating a bit.

2 Atlanta Falcons 2
If Mike Vick throws the ball the way he did against Miami, the Falcons have legit Super Bowl hopes. That's a big if.

3 Pittsburgh Steelers 3
So they can win without Big Ben. Want to bet they don't want to find out how many more they can without him?

4 New York Giants 4
They won on the road for the first time against San Francisco, which is important for this young team as it moves to the second half.

5 Denver Broncos 5
The Broncos come off the bye with a two-game lead in the division. That means 5-3 in the second half will likely give them the division title.

6 Seattle Seahawks 6
The Seahawks continue to show how explosive they are on offense, and the defense is playing well, too. If they beat the Rams this week, the division is theirs.

7 Cincinnati Bengals 7
Carson Palmer and this young team head to the bye week with one of the best records in the league. They're for real.

8 Carolina Panthers 10
They've won five straight games and appear to be in a groove. They dominated the Bucs on Sunday. At some point, the running game has to be better.

9 Dallas Cowboys 8
Coming off the bye week they have a huge Monday night game against the Eagles on the road. You know the Eagles will be looking to get even for the blowout in Dallas.

10 Jacksonville Jaguars 11
They still play down to the level of their competition, but at least they found a way against Houston. The offense still needs to get it cranked up some if they're going to make a big playoff push.

11 San Diego Chargers 15
They couldn't afford to lose another game this early, so holding off the Jets was huge. At 5-4, they're right in the thick of things.

12 Washington Redskins 14
Joe Gibbs has his team in the NFC East race. The defense won the game against the Eagles, but the offense is what will get the Redskins to their goals.

13 Philadelphia Eagles 12
Now that T.O. is a no go, it's time for the Eagles to crank it up in the second half. There is still talent here to win the division. It won't be easy, though.

14 Chicago Bears 16
They have a firm grasp on the NFC North and appear to be growing more confident each week. The injury to Thomas Jones will hurt.

15 Kansas City Chiefs 17
Give the Chiefs tons of credit for driving to the winning score against the Raiders, even if I still don't agree with Dick Vermeil's decision.

16 New England Patriots 13
It's hard to believe the Pats are this low. Lose at Miami this week, and down they go even more.

17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9
You can't move the football if the offensive line stinks. That's a fact. And their line stinks.

18 Oakland Raiders 18
That was a tough one to lose at Kansas City. They're teetering with having their season being over. Who picked them for the Super Bowl?

19 St. Louis Rams 19
Coming out of the bye, they have a huge game at Seattle. If they lose, the division is all but over.

20 Miami Dolphins 20
They played the Falcons tough, and now get a chance to get to the top of the division with a victory over the Patriots. It is time to get more out of the passing game. But can they?

21 Buffalo Bills 22
Coming off the bye, they still are in the thick of the AFC East race. But do they have enough in the passing game to win it?

22 Minnesota Vikings 30
The Vikings played their best game against the Lions and you know what that means: They're still in the NFC North race.

23 Baltimore Ravens 23
Has this been a disappointing year or what? Some thought this would be a Super Bowl team. Now they might draft in the top 10.

24 Detroit Lions 21
Is the end for Steve Mariucci coming? Who cares if there is talent is on this team. The quarterback makes it void.

25 Arizona Cardinals 24
The Cardinals quest for the playoffs is about done. They need to work on their running game for next season. It hasn't been around at all this season.

26 Cleveland Browns 31
Moving on up. The Browns are one of those teams that the good teams won't want to play later in the year. The defense is really playing better.

27 New York Jets 25
Brooks Bollinger is in at quarterback, which might be a good thing. The defense, which was supposed to be a strength, isn't very good now.

28 New Orleans Saints 26
Bad things keep happening to the Saints. At 2-7, their season from hell is getting worse by the day.

29 Tennessee Titans 27
Is this the end for Steve McNair? He's playing through a lot of pain and this team is a ways away.

30 San Francisco 49ers 28
Cody Pickett is better at rodeo than playing quarterback right now. But he is young. The defense played OK against the Giants.

31 Houston Texans 29
They did play better at Jacksonville, but that matters little when it comes to wins and losses. At least they're making some progress.

32 Green Bay Packers 32
Don't you get the feeling the Packers will stay at the bottom for a while? They just have had too many injury losses.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
How could this douche not agree with Vermeil's decision? Even if we had been stuffed, it was the right decision. Please don't post this idiot's crap.

HemiEd
11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Denver has a two game lead? WTF did I miss?

redfan
11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay, so call me a homer, but the Skins at #12? They didn't look that great when the Chiefs played 'em. Iggles at 13 is also a reach.
And the Faiders don't move after losing? Puh-leeez.

DJJasonp
11-08-2005, 04:45 PM
yeah, plus he said they have a 2 game lead in the division....idiot....it's one game...if DEN had already swept us....then it would be a 2 game lead.

What a moron.

redbrian
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
How could this douche not agree with Vermeil's decision? Even if we had been stuffed, it was the right decision. Please don't post this idiot's crap.

I still do not understand how anyone could not agree.

The play had well over a 50% chance of winning the game.

A coin flip would have held at best a 50% chance.

redfan
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, it makes for interesting discussion. And WGAF if this hack doesn't agree with DV's call?

tk13
11-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Well technically Denver has a 2 game lead over us because they currently hold the tiebreaker since they beat us. However, all we have to do is beat them to neutralize that.

sedated
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Well technically Denver has a 2 game lead over us

Prisco can technically go f*ck himself.

He's an idiot for so many reasons.

Would we be higher in his rankings had we NOT gone for the TD and lost?

redfan
11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Awright, this guy is a confirmed moron. This, from his weekly grades:

Chiefs (B-): Dick Vermeil got away with a dumb call at the end of the game. You never put it on one play. Kick the field goal. But at least they got it in. He's lucky. So are the Chiefs.

Now I am sorry I posted his power ranking drivel.

Molitoth
11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
5 Denver Broncos 5
The Broncos come off the bye with a two-game lead in the division. That means 5-3 in the second half will likely give them the division title.

11 San Diego Chargers 15
They couldn't afford to lose another game this early, so holding off the Jets was huge. At 5-4, they're right in the thick of things.

So the Broncos are almost a sure division winner, but the Chargers are right in the thick of things, and ahead of the Chiefs who are 4 ranks below? I am Jack's stinky nutsack.

FloridaMan88
11-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Well, I'll give Pissco this much credit... he doesn't hide his hatred of the Chiefs.

redfan
11-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I am Jack's stinky nutsack.

ROFL rep.

rageeumr
11-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Now let's all just remember who Prisco's preseason super bowl pick was. That says about all you need to say.

JBucc
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Now let's all just remember who Prisco's preseason super bowl pick was. That says about all you need to say.I don't remember.

rageeumr
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
This quote, in response to the question "Which non-winning team will make the biggest second half playoff push" (Asked before last weekend's game of course)

I picked them to win the Super Bowl, so I'm sticking with the Oakland Raiders. At 3-4, the Raiders play a key road game this week at Kansas City. If they can get that one, they'll be at .500 at the midway point. Considering they started with two of their first three games at New England and at Philadelphia, they'll take it. The Raiders seem to be jelling on offense. Kerry Collins is playing well and LaMont Jordan has become more of a factor the past couple of weeks in the running game. And Randy Moss still hasn't been entirely unleashed. On defense, they're pressuring the quarterback more, which had to happen. The loss of Charles Woodson for the year will be felt as the season moves along, but if they can pressure the quarterback the way they have lately, it won't be as bad as it could be. The Raiders still have two games left against division-leading Denver, so they can make a race of it in the second half. Don't count this team out. Of course, since they were my Super Bowl pick, I won't until they're eliminated.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't remember.

It was the Faiders.

MichaelH
11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
The faiders are eliminated and I've never cared what nutsack Prisco has to say. He's like Whitlock, says whatever to sell papers.