PDA

View Full Version : At last, a politician I can wholeheartedly support.

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I hate the people who vandalize property with graffitti. I'd rather they be killed on the spot, but this is a good first step.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9927522/

Vegas mayor: Do graffiti, lose your thumb
Cut them off on television, politician says, and bring back whippings
NBC VIDEO

• Taggers need 'thumbing,' says mayor
Nov. 4: Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman is proposing to cut off the thumbs of graffiti taggers. MSNBC’s Alex Witt reports.
MSNBC

Updated: 5:36 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2005
RENO, Nev. - The mayor of Las Vegas has suggested that people who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television.

“In the old days in France, they had beheadings of people who commit heinous crimes,” Mayor Oscar Goodman said Wednesday on the TV show “Nevada Newsmakers.”

Goodman said the city has a beautiful highway landscaping project and “these punks come along and deface it.”

“I’m saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb,” the mayor said. “That may be the right thing to do.”

Goodman also suggested whippings should be brought back for children who get into trouble.

Another panelist on the show, state university system regent Howard Rosenberg, said cutting off the thumbs of taggers won’t solve the problem and Goodman should “use his head for something other than a hat rack.”

ferrarispider95
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I can guarantee it would fix the problem fast
We wouldn't have half the crimes if we instituited some of what the chinese do to criminals

ferrarispider95
11-08-2005, 03:53 PM
However it would suck to be wrongly convicted and end up losing your thumb

JBucc
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
My kind of mayor

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
The next step would be to require a thumbprint as proof of identification for getting your driver's license.

trndobrd
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I would recommend spankings for cheerleaders caught having lesbian sex in public restrooms.

Bowser
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I would recommend spankings for cheerleaders caught having lesbian sex in public restrooms.

trndonthemods 2008!

jiveturkey
11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
I can guarantee it would fix the problem fast
We wouldn't have half the crimes if we instituited some of what the chinese do to criminals
I don't want to be like the Chinese.

Can we start with breaking thumbs and see how that works?

Rain Man
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM

I think there should be some part of the punishment that involves thumbs, though. What could it be....what could it be?

HolmeZz
11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
What happens to second time offenders?