PDA

View Full Version : Poll On KC.Com

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 12:55 PM
There is a poll on KC.com asking who the greatest running back in Chiefs history is. Only 65% picked Priest.

How is this even a question?

I mean seriously, this is insulting to Priest Holmes. The only other running back even in his class was Marcus Allen, and everyone would agree that his best days were as a Raider. Allen as a Chief was never 1/2 the back that Priest is/was. Christian Okoye, for all his running power, was nothing on the goal line compared to the Priest. None of these men, even Kimble Anders, could catch the ball out of the backfield like Priest. Some were probably just as good at picking up the blitz, especially Marcus, but give me a f*ckin' break--Priest is the greatest offensive skill player we've ever had--bar none, better than Len Dawson.

If any of you actually voted for someone else and weren't joking go watch game tape from the 2002 season. Despite what Fatlock would have you believe, those were the greatest 14 games I ever saw any running back ever f*cking play. He single-handedly obliterated Bill Belichick's vaunted defense, and when we needed that one yard to tie the game, Priest was there jumping and spinning off a tackler into the endzone.

I've never seen a better player put on a Kansas City uniform, and that includes Derrick Thomas, may he rest in peace.

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I agree. No one player has had as much of an impact on the team as Priest Holmes. Where's this poll again?

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Never heard of Mike Garrett, Curtis McClinton, Joe Delaney have you? We have had some stud RB's through the years.

SPchief
11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Never heard of Mike Garrett, Curtis McClinton, Joe Delaney have you? We have had some stud RB's through the years.

:shake:

Stinger
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Where is the Mike Cloud or Omar Easy option :cuss:

:D ROFL ROFL

Brock
11-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Yeah - But the fact is, none of them re-wrote the record book like Priest did.

royr17
11-10-2005, 01:19 PM
:shake:

What are you noddin your head about Joe Delaney for ??????

royr17
11-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I still think Marcus Allen is one of the greatest RB's to play for the Chiefs but Priest comes a close second to Marcus .....

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 01:21 PM
As much as I liked him, how did Joe D. make this list. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time to be considered the "greatest in Chiefs history".

siberian khatru
11-10-2005, 01:44 PM
WTF put Greg Hill on that list? Jeebus ...

Area 51
11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I'd have to consider Ed Podolak.

He was a workhorse for the Chiefs and worthy of consideration.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 01:47 PM
As much as I liked him, how did Joe D. make this list. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time to be considered the "greatest in Chiefs history".

I'm not sure how they could even include him, he didn't play long enough to prove that he would be the player everyone now thinks he could have been. Personally I think that he may have rivaled any running back in the league. He was good, but it was just a short time.

My guess is that someone that knows about the group, or is a member of the group, in KC wrote the poll.

ct
11-10-2005, 01:54 PM

Sometimes the label 'greatest' transcends the football field, even if it's unintentional.

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Sometimes the label 'greatest' transcends the football field, even if it's unintentional.

Point taken. In the end, he did make the ultimate sacrifice.

TinyEvel
11-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Why isn't Larry Johnson on the list?
(flame retardant suit on and zipped up)

tiny-E

Thig Lyfe
11-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Priest is the greatest, no doubt.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Point taken. In the end, he did make the ultimate sacrifice.

Granted, but that does not give any stats to his RB position.

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Granted, but that does not give any stats to his RB position.

Agreed...but apparently it was enough to get him on the list. No way he wins the poll, but some people will vote for him based on this.

Rain Man
11-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Priest should be getting about 98 percent of this vote, and that's only because 2 percent of people misread the question.

Mr. Kotter
11-10-2005, 02:19 PM

You haven't been through puberty yet, have you. :shake:

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Rain Man]Priest should be getting about 98 percent of this vote, and that's only because 2 percent of people misread the question.[/QUOTE

Especially since Priest has more than just single game and single season records. He is all over the Chiefs career record book.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Priest was a lot of fun to watch and he holds a lot of records but we won Zero playoff games with him. We went to 2 SB's with Mike Garrett. The two were almost identical in running style. I think Priest was better but Garrett got better results. A lot of posters on this board hate Marty for not winning in the playoffs. Maybe they should hate Priest too.

Rain Man
11-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I must admit that Garrett was an eye opener in the little bit of film I've seen of him. However, for the reasons that dsgreene mentioned, I still have to take Priest as a hands-down favorite. If Priest's defense included three Hall of Famers, plus the likes of Emmitt Smith, Johnny Robinson, and Jim Lynch, I think Priest would be sporting some pretty big rings, too.

HemiEd
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
You haven't been through puberty yet, have you. :shake:

He was questioning the thread starter, not stating that he had not heard of those great backs.

Brock
11-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Priest was a lot of fun to watch and he holds a lot of records but we won Zero playoff games with him. We went to 2 SB's with Mike Garrett. The two were almost identical in running style. I think Priest was better but Garrett got better results. A lot of posters on this board hate Marty for not winning in the playoffs. Maybe they should hate Priest too.

If Walter Payton never played in a playoff game, he's still arguably the best ever. It makes no difference. RB's are usually judged by different criteria than coaches.

PastorMikH
11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Give it up for Kimble people!

Granted, his prime only lasted 2 games.

Say, what about Donnel Bennet or Bam Morris?

siberian khatru
11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I must admit that Garrett was an eye opener in the little bit of film I've seen of him. However, for the reasons that dsgreene mentioned, I still have to take Priest as a hands-down favorite. If Priest's defense included three Hall of Famers, plus the likes of Emmitt Smith , Johnny Robinson, and Jim Lynch, I think Priest would be sporting some pretty big rings, too.

Ha, after pulling your Jerry/Joey Porter crap the other day, you choke on this! HYPOCRITE! LOOSER!

dsgreene285
11-10-2005, 03:05 PM

There's no including Bam Bam, unless you are going to include Ethan Horrible and his brother Horrible Williams.

Mr. Kotter
11-10-2005, 03:08 PM
He was questioning the thread starter, not stating that he had not heard of those great backs.

Eh, got it. I missed the question mark. heh. :redface:

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I must admit that Garrett was an eye opener in the little bit of film I've seen of him. However, for the reasons that dsgreene mentioned, I still have to take Priest as a hands-down favorite. If Priest's defense included three Hall of Famers, plus the likes of Emmitt Smith, Johnny Robinson, and Jim Lynch, I think Priest would be sporting some pretty big rings, too.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Mike Cloud did us as much good in the playoffs as Priest did.

joesomebody
11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Priest was a lot of fun to watch and he holds a lot of records but we won Zero playoff games with him. We went to 2 SB's with Mike Garrett. The two were almost identical in running style. I think Priest was better but Garrett got better results. A lot of posters on this board hate Marty for not winning in the playoffs. Maybe they should hate Priest too.You are absolutely right, because 176 yards and 2 touchdowns is no where near putting the team on your shoulders and giving it your all.

Area 51
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM

You are believing the stories that claim he will retire?

Not me, I think he will be back strong next year and retire on his own terms.

Rain Man
11-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Ha, after pulling your Jerry/Joey Porter crap the other day, you choke on this! HYPOCRITE! LOOSER!

So much for claiming that I have prodigiously researched posts.

KCWolfman
11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I'd have to consider Ed Podolak.

He was a workhorse for the Chiefs and worthy of consideration.
And all around player.

Podolak would get my vote as well.

BTW - He had some records of his own during his time.

KCWolfman
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM

With Harvey "Turf Toe" Williams

Rain Man
11-10-2005, 04:03 PM
We need to include all of our past top picks. Ethan Horton, Harvey Williams, Paul Palmer, Jeff Kinney, Woody Green...Man, if my window wasn't sealed shut I'd be out on the ledge right now.

KCWolfman
11-10-2005, 04:04 PM
We need to include all of our past top picks. Ethan Horton, Harvey Williams, Paul Palmer, Jeff Kinney, Woody Green...Man, if my window wasn't sealed shut I'd be out on the ledge right now.

I think Brian Shay should be included as honorable mention.

CoMoChief
11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Ah come on people...........Donnell Bennett was CLEARLY the best RB of all time in Chiefs history.

KCWolfman
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Ah come on people...........Donnell Bennett was CLEARLY the best RB of all time in Chiefs history.
One thing you can say about Donnell, he was always sure his shoes were tied. He never looked at anything but his laces when he ran.

Phobia
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM

He was a great RB, off field sacrifice aside. He rewrote Chiefs records books with one of the most dismal offensive lines in the history of the team. I'm biased, but Delaney was special.

That having been said I would vote for Holmes but Delaney belongs on that list at least as much as half the other guys.

plbrdude
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
did i miss the herman heard choice?

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 07:12 PM
One thing you can say about Donnell, he was always sure his shoes were tied. He never looked at anything but his laces when he ran.
Bennett averaged 3.7 ypc. Podolak, 3.8.

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey atleast Bam was in a superbowl. But I would go with Priest hands down.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Sadly, I have been through puberty as I am 23 years old. Mike Garrett was long before my time, but for God's sake look at the record books--how can you not say that Priest Holmes is the best running back we've ever had?

Marcus Allen?? Give me a break. Marcus was never a threat to rush for a 100 yards WHILE IN A CHIEFS UNIFORM, let alone have 300 yards from scrimmage in a game, like Priest did against Seattle. If you put Priest in our backfield in 95-97 he gets us to a Super Bowl, I guaran-damn-tee it.

No sane human being could ever blame Priest for our playoff failure in 2003. I was at that game, I saw our goddamned defense fold like a $2 whore time and time again. Yes Priest's fumble was crushing, but without him we aren't even close in that game. Anyone else remember the third and long that he converted on a draw? He doesn't make that run we're down three possessions in the second quarter and the rout is on.

I challenge anyone on this board to give me one example of a game where Marcus Allen put us on his back and single-handedly carried us up and down the field the way that Priest did. As for Mike Garrett, in the words of John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"

Cochise
11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Keep doubting James Saxon :cuss:

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Sadly, I have been through puberty as I am 23 years old. Mike Garrett was long before my time, but for God's sake look at the record books--how can you not say that Priest Holmes is the best running back we've ever had?

Marcus Allen?? Give me a break. Marcus was never a threat to rush for a 100 yards WHILE IN A CHIEFS UNIFORM, let alone have 300 yards from scrimmage in a game, like Priest did against Seattle. If you put Priest in our backfield in 95-97 he gets us to a Super Bowl, I guaran-damn-tee it.
If my aunt would have had balls she would have been my uncle.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Granted I am somewhat new to this board, but I must say that I am kind of disappointed by the lack of intelligent debate. My opinion is held in low esteem because of my lack of posts and/or age. If you wish to argue with me over the validity of the statistics that Priest put up, then that is fine, but don't talk out of your ass. You end up sounding like a Denver fan.

Phobia
11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Granted I am somewhat new to this board, but I must say that I am kind of disappointed by the lack of intelligent debate. My opinion is held in low esteem because of my lack of posts and/or age. If you wish to argue with me over the validity of the statistics that Priest put up, then that is fine, but don't talk out of your ass. You end up sounding like a Denver fan.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of intelligent debate as well. In fact, I think I'm going to leave this board right now. Farewell jackasses.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
You are Guar on teeing shit that never happened. Talk about talking out your ass.

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM

No sane human being could ever blame Priest for our playoff failure in 2003. I was at that game, I saw our goddamned defense fold like a $2 whore time and time again. Yes Priest's fumble was crushing, but without him we aren't even close in that game. Anyone else remember the third and long that he converted on a draw? He doesn't make that run we're down three possessions in the second quarter and the rout is on.

I challenge anyone on this board to give me one example of a game where Marcus Allen put us on his back and single-handedly carried us up and down the field the way that Priest did. As for Mike Garrett, in the words of John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"

I believe the overwhelming census of this board believe Priest is the best back in Chiefs history. But you also have to look at it from different accomplishments. Priest is the greatest runningback in Chiefs history stat wise but never made it to the big dance. That is not to take anything away from him, but you would seriously have to consider the runningback in our two superbowls. Thats not saying that Priest couldn't do the same if given defensive talent to compliment him but we may never know.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 07:55 PM
I know that our O-line in 95-97 was not as good as it was when Priest was running wild, but can you honestly tell me that there is any way that we don't score more than 7 points with Priest in the backfield over Marcus Allen??? When have we ever scored less than 10 points with a healthy Priest Holmes in the lineup? Furthermore, do you really think that we are held to only 10 points in '97 against Denver with Priest in the backfield?? I'd like to hear why.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
I think Priest is the best we've had but am getting tired of watching everybody suck his dick. In the final analysis, we are no better off playoff wise having Priest than if we had Mike Cloud. And we had a higher winning %age in the '90's with lesser RB's. Priest was fun to watch but that's about it.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Don't forget that Priest has a ring of his own, and for all of his greatness, we all know that his ring was won by a great defense. What makes you think that Mike Garrett's contributions are so much more worthy than Priest's simply because he won a ring while with the Chiefs? Garrett was surrounded by an All-World Defense with multiple HOF'ers and several other elite defensive players. He never carried his team the way that Priest carried ours, and now that Priest is down and never got us to the game (solely the fault of a completely inept defense and not his own) everyone just wants to sweep his accomplishments under the rug like they don't mean anything. If football is the ultimate TEAM sport than you cannot denounce a person's performance because he couldn't single-handedly lead them to the promised land. The sheer fact that our offense was so great with Priest and often abysmal (see the last two games of '02) without him should prove how transcendent of a player he really was.

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Don't forget that Priest has a ring of his own, and for all of his greatness, we all know that his ring was won by a great defense. What makes you think that Mike Garrett's contributions are so much more worthy than Priest's simply because he won a ring while with the Chiefs? Garrett was surrounded by an All-World Defense with multiple HOF'ers and several other elite defensive players. He never carried his team the way that Priest carried ours, and now that Priest is down and never got us to the game (solely the fault of a completely inept defense and not his own) everyone just wants to sweep his accomplishments under the rug like they don't mean anything. If football is the ultimate TEAM sport than you cannot denounce a person's performance because he couldn't single-handedly lead them to the promised land. The sheer fact that our offense was so great with Priest and often abysmal (see the last two games of '02) without him should prove how transcendent of a player he really was.

I think you are getting the folks over at kcchiefs.com mixed up with the people here. I haven't seen anyone here sweep Priest's accomplishments under the rug, I believe most here would agree with you that Priest is the greatest Chiefs RB in franchise history.

Mosbonian
11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Black Jack:

While I would be one to agree that Priest Holmes would be one of the greatest backs in Chief's history, at least know a little more about what you debate before dismissing someone.

If you really want to place your vote behind someone who "single-handedly" carried a team on his back for an IMPORTANT GAME, you should study what Ed Podolak did during the infamous Miami-KC Christmas Day game for the AFC Championship.....that star-studded team still wouldn't have been close had it not been for Podolak's heroics......and he did more than just play as the RB...he ran back punts and KO's.....

I am all for considering Priest as one of the best, but quite frankly, to dismiss Garrett or Podolak, shows a complete lack of knowledge of the Chief's and their storied history.

mmaddog

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey, n00b, it's fun having a 23 year old explain all this to me. I'm 60 and have followed the Chiefs since 1963. I saw both of our Super Bowl games. Remember the 50 GO Reverse? Frank Pitts I think it was ran that play.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I think Priest is the best we've had but am getting tired of watching everybody suck his dick. In the final analysis, we are no better off playoff wise having Priest than if we had Mike Cloud. And we had a higher winning %age in the '90's with lesser RB's. Priest was fun to watch but that's about it.

This is preposterous. Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, James Hasty, Dale Carter, Dan Saleamua, Joe Phillips. These were the defensive cornerstones we had in the 90's. You are going to get to the playoffs with players of this caliber even if you are at running back. You put Priest Holmes in there, then you know what you have? defense and a running game, the two categories that 90+% of people believe you need in order to win a Super Bowl.

Priest's defense was studded with such future HOFers as f*ckin Lew Bush, Ray Crockett, Quinton Caver, Vonnie Holliday, Shaunard Harts, Jerome Woods, William Bartee, god my head wants to explode just thinking about these pieces of dog sh*t.

You put Mike Cloud in that backfield and we have 4 years of 4-12.

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Black Jack:

While I would be one to agree that Priest Holmes would be one of the greatest backs in Chief's history, at least know a little more about what you debate before dismissing someone.

If you really want to place your vote behind someone who "single-handedly" carried a team on his back for an IMPORTANT GAME, you should study what Ed Podolak did during the infamous Miami-KC Christmas Day game for the AFC Championship.....that star-studded team still wouldn't have been close had it not been for Podolak's heroics......and he did more than just play as the RB...he ran back punts and KO's.....

I am all for considering Priest as one of the best, but quite frankly, to dismiss Garrett or Podolak, shows a complete lack of knowledge of the Chief's and their storied history.

mmaddog

Exactly, you said it better then me. :thumb:

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I didn't say anything about Podolak, and I am well aware of his all purpose yardage record that he earned during the longest game ever played.

Regarding my status as a noob, I refer to my prior statement about the lack of intelligent debate and the dismissal of my points solely because of my age and lack of posts. If you wish to discuss the merits of Priest versus other past Chiefs backs, please do so with more evidence than just "we went to two Super Bowls with him on the roster". That doesn't and shouldn't suffice. We didn't GO to two Super Bowls only because of Mike Garrett. Was he a part of it? Yes? But was he the reason we won the Super Bowl? No.

Your point about Podolak is a good one, and taken under advisement. I only wish that there would be more such debate on this board other than sixty year olds using lingo of those 40 years their junior in order to seem either hip or superior.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:20 PM
This is preposterous. Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, James Hasty, Dale Carter, Dan Saleamua, Joe Phillips. These were the defensive cornerstones we had in the 90's. You are going to get to the playoffs with players of this caliber even if you are at running back. You put Priest Holmes in there, then you know what you have? defense and a running game, the two categories that 90+% of people believe you need in order to win a Super Bowl.

Priest's defense was studded with such future HOFers as f*ckin Lew Bush, Ray Crockett, Quinton Caver, Vonnie Holliday, Shaunard Harts, Jerome Woods, William Bartee, god my head wants to explode just thinking about these pieces of dog sh*t.

You put Mike Cloud in that backfield and we have 4 years of 4-12.
Hahahahahaha I have the n00b all worked up. Keep 'splainin' it to me n00b!! Hahahahaha

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Hahahahahaha I have the n00b all worked up. Keep 'splainin' it to me n00b!! Hahahahaha
Wow Skip, this kid laid the hammer to ya.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Wow Skip, this kid laid the hammer to ya.
Yeah, boy. Hilarious.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I will admit I am fired up, but your rampant stupidity has a way of doing that to me. In the words of the Governor of California, "You must be veddy proud of yourself".

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I will admit I am fired up, but your rampant stupidity has a way of doing that to me. In the words of the Governor of California, "You must be veddy proud of yourself".
I must admit I find it humorous. Hook, line and sinker. Here's some rep to make you feel better.

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Someone get the popcorn quick, Skip and the new guy FIGHT!!!!

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
By the way "Skip". Great rebuttal to my points about Priest and his value to our team in this decade. If you want to play the old man card, then I guess that's ok. Enjoy your Prune juice, enemas, and Centrum Silver.

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:31 PM
By the way "Skip". Great rebuttal to my points about Priest and his value to our team in this decade. If you want to play the old man card, then I guess that's ok. Enjoy your Prune juice, enemas, and Centrum Silver.
Here's a quiz for you: Do the numbers 78, 51 and 63 mean anything to you, genious?

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Bobby Bell, the number of times you must urinate daily, Willie Lanier :) g-e-n-i-u-s :)

Cochise
11-10-2005, 08:38 PM

That doesn't really have anything to do with Priest. It has everything to do with the defense in the Holmes/Chiefs era. Shouldn't take away from him.

dtebbe
11-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Bobby Bell, the number of times you must urinate daily, Willie Lanier :) g-e-n-i-u-s :)

..... sound of plane crashing in background....

puff of dust at the bottom of canyon....

roadrunner wins again!

DT

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 08:41 PM
That doesn't really have anything to do with Priest. It has everything to do with the defense in the Holmes/Chiefs era. Shouldn't take away from him.

In the words of Simon Phoenix, "Exactamundo".

Mosbonian
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
I didn't say anything about Podolak, and I am well aware of his all purpose yardage record that he earned during the longest game ever played.

Regarding my status as a noob, I refer to my prior statement about the lack of intelligent debate and the dismissal of my points solely because of my age and lack of posts. If you wish to discuss the merits of Priest versus other past Chiefs backs, please do so with more evidence than just "we went to two Super Bowls with him on the roster". That doesn't and shouldn't suffice. We didn't GO to two Super Bowls only because of Mike Garrett. Was he a part of it? Yes? But was he the reason we won the Super Bowl? No.

Your point about Podolak is a good one, and taken under advisement. I only wish that there would be more such debate on this board other than sixty year olds using lingo of those 40 years their junior in order to seem either hip or superior.

While you seem to have read and know about Ed Podolak and know of his exploits, I have been lucky enough to have seen Garrett, Podolak, Wendell Hayes, Curtis McClinton, and several other good RB's that the Chief's have had play for them. And Priest was not the first "Holmes" to play well for the Chief's...Robert Holmes was a pretty good RB himself, although not as good as Priest.

One could have a good discussion on the merits of all of the above RB's and their true value to the team in their respective era's. Let's suffice to agree that picking the best RB of all time from the Chief's history is going to generate a lot of differences in opinions.

mmaddog

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
OK, n00b, I'm done with you now. You've been fun.

Mosbonian
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Here's a quiz for you: Do the numbers 78, 51 and 63 mean anything to you, genious?

Bobby Bell, Jim Lynch and Willie "HoneyBear" Lanier...the best LB trio to ever don a Chief's uniform....

mmaddog

Cochise
11-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Gah! Get away noob before Skip starts throwing his corn cushions at me too!

( ;) )

chiefs4me
11-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh goody......I love these polls..

Skip Towne
11-10-2005, 09:00 PM
While you seem to have read and know about Ed Podolak and know of his exploits, I have been lucky enough to have seen Garrett, Podolak, Wendell Hayes, Curtis McClinton, and several other good RB's that the Chief's have had play for them. And Priest was not the first "Holmes" to play well for the Chief's...Robert Holmes was a pretty good RB himself, although not as good as Priest.

One could have a good discussion on the merits of all of the above RB's and their true value to the team in their respective era's. Let's suffice to agree that picking the best RB of all time from the Chief's history is going to generate a lot of differences in opinions.

mmaddog
Bobby "Tank" Holmes wasn't as good as Priest. And, he had to share carries with Wendell Hayes.

Mosbonian
11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Bobby "Tank" Holmes wasn't as good as Priest. And, he had to share carries with Wendell Hayes.

Correct....he was doing then, what Priest was doing this season with LJ...

I still believe that Garrett, Podolak, and Holmes (Priest) all deserve accolades for being the best backs of their era....

mmaddog

Extra Point
11-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Black Jack:

mmaddog

That's a fact, Jack!!!

Johnson&Johnson
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
hmmm... Why isn't LJ on that list?

Does the 2005 season count?

If not, Priest has to be the one. I am not old enough to see a lot of the other great RB's in earlier years (Delaney, Podolak and Garrett)

But if they include the 2005 season , I have to include LJ to the list and put him near the top if not the best of the RBs I've seen. If Trent stays healthy and we make the playoffs, LJ will be the difference maker in getting our first playoff WIN in 9 years.

KCWolfman
11-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Bennett averaged 3.7 ypc. Podolak, 3.8.
What was Bennet's total yrds per game record?