PDA

View Full Version : Leathal Weapon or Die Hard?

John_Wayne
11-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Simple question.

Discuss.

SPchief
11-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Easy, Lethal weapon

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Discuss- does that mean we talk amongst ourselves or have a good old fashioned debate. Lethal Weapon 3-because it has Jet Li.

4th and Long
11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
What? No poll? :spock:

I'll take all the Lethal Weapon flicks for $1000 Alex.

tyton75
11-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Man, that is TOUGH... I think I would have to take Die Hard for the whole series.. though I think Lethal Weapon was better than the first Die Hard.. ehh.. equal...

THis is HARD!!!!

Redcoats58
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Lethal Weapon here. Mel Gibson and Danny Glover > Bruce Willis.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Braveheart Vs. Hudson Hawk?

Discuss!

plbrdude
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
lethal weapon humor and action

Talisman
11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Always liked the original Die Hard. 2nd & 3rd weren't as good, but neither were the Lethal Weapons. Both are great, but I'd give Die Hard the edge. I've seen that movie probably 15 times or more. Great flick.

John_Wayne
11-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I knew this would be a close one. I wish I had posted a poll.

Taco John
11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Lethal Weapon had boobs.

Die Hard, not so much.

4th and Long
11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Riggs: We both know why I was transferred. Everyone thinks I'm suicidal, in which case, I'm ****ed and nobody wants to work with me; or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case, I'm ****ed and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm ****ed.
Murtaugh: Guess what?
Riggs: What?
Murtaugh: I don't want to work with you!
Riggs: Hey, don't.
Murtaugh: Ain't got no choice! Looks like we both are ****ed!
Riggs: Teriffic.
Murtaugh: God hates me. That's what it is.
Riggs: Hate him back. It works for me.

Murtaugh: Why didn't they plant the bomb in Trish's stove?
Riggs: Yeah. Think of all the needless suffering that could've ended there!

Leo Getz: They **** YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They **** YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got ****ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets ****ed? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a ****! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

Pieter Vorstedt: I was going to offer you a drink, Riggs, but I hear you're on the wagon these days.
Riggs: Yeah, that stuff'll kill you quick. Listen, you know so much about me; who the hell are you?
Pieter Vorstedt: Vorstedt: I'm the guy that changes the course of your life, man. 4 years ago, Riggs, when you were a narc off Long Beach, you were getting too close to us so we put a contract out on you. I handled it myself; drove your car right off the ****ing road, remember? Now, of course, you weren't driving. You can't imagine the face. I pulled back this moppet of blood-soaked hair to see this woman's face... your wife, right? She didn't die straightaway... took a bit of time.

Riggs: Police! Open up!
Leo Getz: How do I know it's the police?
Riggs: After I shoot you through the door, you can examine the bullet. Open up!

Leo Getz: They **** YOU at the hospital, OK? They **** YOU at the hospital! First they drug you, then they **** YOU! And then along comes the insurance company and ****S YOU some more!

Riggs: You have the right to remain unconscious. Anything you say ... ain't gonna be much.

Murtaugh: What the hell?! Who's this joker?
Riggs: I don't know, spokesman for the NRA, maybe.
Murtaugh: What do we do?
Riggs: Run him over.
Murtaugh: What if he turns around and shoots us with that assault rifle?!
Riggs: Well he hasn't yet. Have you thought about that?! Don't be a don't-be, be a do-be. C'mon Rodge, be POSITIVE.
Murtaugh: WELL LET'S RUN HIM OVER!
Riggs: Good, I'm glad you see things my way.
Murtaugh: I hope he doesn't turn around!
Riggs: He won't turn around. We'll creep up on him. WILL him not to turn.
Murtaugh: Will him?!
Riggs: Yeah, power of positive thinking! C'mon WILL him not to turn. DON'T TURN AROUND, DON'T TURN AROUND. C'mon I need you man!
Murtaugh: DON'T TURN AROUND!
Riggs: That's it! DON'T TURN AROUND! DON'T TURN AROUND! We're better than him!
Murtaugh: DON'T TURN AROUND!
Riggs: YEAH! DON'T TURN AROUND! DON'T TURN AROUND!! ... He's turning.

Leo Getz: Hey maybe we'll work together some day. I'm da bomb. They'll tell ya.
Butters: Yeah, we're gonna be working alright, as soon as I open a cereal shop, ya ****in' leprechaun!
Leo Getz: Hey, I didn't call you anything ya ****face! Don't start that now!

Butters: You have the right to remain silent, so shut the **** up! You have the right to get an attorney. If you can't afford one, we'll get you the dumbest goddamn lawyer we've got. If you get Johnnie Cochrane, I'll kill ya!

Leo Getz: They **** you with cell phones! That's what it is! They're ****in' you with the cell phone! They love it when you get cut off! Y'know why, huh? You know why? 'Cause when you call back---which they know you're gonna do!---they charge you for that ****in' first minute again at that high rate!

Donger
11-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Phew. That's a toughie.

But, I'll side with Die Hard.

Donger
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Lethal Weapon had boobs.

Die Hard, not so much.

It's frightening that I remember this but...

LW had two boob shots: one of the gal on the ledge (about 2 seconds) and then another shot of the same gal in the videotape.

DH only had the gal getting it on with her co-worker for about .5 seconds of screentime.

Damn homosexual Germans.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Man thats a tough one.........We are just talking the originals right??? I love Shane Blacks script for the 1st Weapon film.........I still think Die Hard is one of the finest pure action films of all time and probably the most influential of the past 20 years or so...........

Die Hard by an inch.....

Lethal Weapon 2 deserves some consideration as well...One of the best action film sequels of all time.

RNR
11-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Both were good, I lean towards Leathal Weapon. The first two were really good, Riggs is crazy in a very cool way.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2005, 08:49 PM
The first two were really good, Riggs is crazy in a very cool way.

Yea, I didnt care for Leathal Weapon 3. But 4 wasnt bad....althought i didnt care much for how they softened Rigg's character as the films went along.....He was much cooler and wacko in the 1st two films.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Warriors are #1.,

Nzoner
11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Yippiee-ki-yay motherf*cker

thebrad84
11-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Both were really good flicks. I can watch either one on network tv time and time again and not get bored with them. It takes a special kind of movie to be able to watch it on network television where they butcher it up and take out all the controversial parts....Anyways, I'd have to give Die Hard the edge, and you know why? Two words: Carl Winslow. The only character that actor ever played was a cop, and man was he perfect for it. Also, Walker Texas Ranger's sidekick is in Die Hard as well. If those two things don't give it the edge over Leathal Weapon, I sure don't know what does. :)

Adept Havelock
11-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I thought both movies were great, but I'll give the nod to Die Hard.

Can't watch it's sequel without seeing Fred in the ATC, and thinking to myself "The Chair Recognizes the Senator from Die Hard II".

Frazod
11-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Die Hard hands down. Probably the best action movie of all time.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Best action movie of all time goes to
Enter the Dragon.

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Bruce Willis would get his ass kicked by Bruce Lee.

Frazod
Best action movie of all time goes to
Enter the Dragon.

Not if you don't give a shit about kung fu movies.

Frazod
Bruce Willis would get his ass kicked by Bruce Lee.

Bruce Willis would shoot Bruce Lee.

ENDelt260
11-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Bruce Willis would shoot Bruce Lee.
Someone beat him to it.

No, wait... that was Brandon. Nevermind.

Frazod
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Someone beat him to it.

No, wait... that was Brandon. Nevermind.

That was just dangling there - somebody had to take the shot. :D

Extra Point
11-10-2005, 10:12 PM
"Diplomatic immunity!"
BANG!
"It's just been revoked."

John_Wayne
11-10-2005, 10:18 PM
For the record, they are both great, but I prefer Leathal Weapon. Mel Gibson's character was one tough S.O.B. His character has an edge over Bruce Willis' character.

Archie F. Swin
11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Alan Rickman own3d Die Hard(I)

HO....HO......HO

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Brandon Lee was headed for great things-he could of been the next Van Damme.

Seriously, nobody can touch Jet Li- he is a true bad ass.

I think in a real, fight Bruce Lee would beat Jet Li. Only because Bruce had an awsome ground game.

Black Jack Savage
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
This is a wonderful question--

Personally, I'd have to go with Die Hard--but I have a life-sized standup of Bruce Willis in my office. I must say that Die Hard is the most influential action film of at least the last quarter century. Every action film since Die Hard has incorporated elements of John McTiernan's masterpiece. There is no way that I can discuss this rationally, so I'm just gonna say "Die Hard" and move on.

Taco John
11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Oh, this is still going?

People. Lethal Weapon has boobs!

Talisman
11-10-2005, 11:31 PM
It's frightening that I remember this but...

LW had two boob shots: one of the gal on the ledge (about 2 seconds) and then another shot of the same gal in the videotape.

DH only had the gal getting it on with her co-worker for about .5 seconds of screentime.

Damn homosexual Germans.
There's also the scene where Bruce Willis is heading through the inner workings of the building and puts his hand over a pin-up girl showing some boobies. Lethal Weapon still has more, but Die Hard was not boobless.

KCChiefsMan
11-10-2005, 11:38 PM
both are great, but if we are just talking the first one for both, I'm going with Lethal Weapon by a hair

Saggysack
11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Die Hard.

gcbroncos
11-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Discuss- does that mean we talk amongst ourselves or have a good old fashioned debate. Lethal Weapon 3-because it has Jet Li.

Lethal Weapon 4 had Jet Li......but part 3 was good too...

Great thread here....I gotta go with the Lethal Weapon series over the Die Hard series....but barely....I just finished watching Die Hard 3 and I will never get tired of watching that flick....

If I have to pick just one movie I'd go with Lethal Weapon 4....

mcan
11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Die Hard...

Lethal Weapon is kinda dumb... It's movie candy...
Die Hard is a big fat steak. It's probably the best action movie ever. It would be perfect if just a few things would have been changed:

Die Hard has too many "one-dimensional" characters. Ellis, Thornburg, Lt. Robinson, and the FBI guys all pretty much suck. Lethal Weapon has the same problems though with nearly all of the characters, including to a large extent the main characters. It's a buddy cop flick. Glover just plays straight man to Gibson's dark hero. It's pretty generic. And come on, GARY BUSEY!? Is this the best we can do. Well, I guess when the cast credits include more characters with names like "Beat Cop", "Blonde on bike", and "Girl in Shower #3" than characters with names, you expect the movie to be a little Hollywood. For a popcorn flick, "Lethal Weapon" is a good time, but it's certainly not a good FILM. I would argue that "Die Hard" works as both.

gcbroncos
11-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Die Hard...

Lethal Weapon is kinda dumb... It's movie candy...
Die Hard is a big fat steak. It's probably the best action movie ever. It would be perfect if just a few things would have been changed:

Die Hard has too many "one-dimensional" characters. Ellis, Thornburg, Lt. Robinson, and the FBI guys all pretty much suck. Lethal Weapon has the same problems though with nearly all of the characters, including to a large extent the main characters. It's a buddy cop flick. Glover just plays straight man to Gibson's dark hero. It's pretty generic. And come on, GARY BUSEY!? Is this the best we can do. Well, I guess when the cast credits include more characters with names like "Beat Cop", "Blonde on bike", and "Girl in Shower #3" than characters with names, you expect the movie to be a little Hollywood. For a popcorn flick, "Lethal Weapon" is a good time, but it's certainly not a good FILM. I would argue that "Die Hard" works as both.

What separates Lethal Weapon from Die Hard is Lethal Weapon makes me laugh.....and it has as much action as Die Hard as well...gotta go with Lethal Weapon...although Die Hard 3 was pretty funny...let's be honest though...we all know Die Hard 3 was trying to copy Lethal Weapon movies with adding Sam Jackson for the black guy white guy chemistry & comedic bantor.

Miles
11-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever made. Leathal Weapon was some good shit but no Die Hard.

luv
11-11-2005, 01:13 AM
If you're going for humor - Lethal Weapon.
If you're going for action - Die Hard.

I like comedy, but if I'm in the mood for action, I'd go with Die Hard. It has subtle humor, too. Well, maybe more sarcastic than subtle.

mcan
11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
What separates Lethal Weapon from Die Hard is Lethal Weapon makes me laugh.....and it has as much action as Die Hard as well...gotta go with Lethal Weapon...although Die Hard 3 was pretty funny...let's be honest though...we all know Die Hard 3 was trying to copy Lethal Weapon movies with adding Sam Jackson for the black guy white guy chemistry & comedic bantor.

You're exactly right about Die Hard 3. It's kinda fun to watch, but it's not a very good film. It's exactly like the Lethal Weapon movies in that regard. In fact, there are so many "buddy" flicks that it's impossible to count them all...

greg63
11-11-2005, 01:23 AM
My money is on "Lethal Weapon"

DaWolf
11-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Die Hard.

Braincase
11-11-2005, 05:19 AM
Lethal Weapon

ExtremeChief
11-11-2005, 05:36 AM
Die Hard

nice poll Guntherfan

OmahaChief
11-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Die Hard and it is not even close. Bruce Willis rocks! I consider LW a action flick but not in the same style of DH. Die Hard is a classic while LW is just a movie.

Amnorix
11-11-2005, 05:56 AM
As others have said, toughie...

I'll take the first Die Hard over the first Lethal Weapon, in the smallest of all victories.

But I'd take the Lethal Weapon series over the Die Hard series, and I don't think that one is nearly as close.

siberian khatru
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
As others have said, toughie...

I'll take the first Die Hard over the first Lethal Weapon, in the smallest of all victories.

But I'd take the Lethal Weapon series over the Die Hard series, and I don't think that one is nearly as close.

I'm with you on the first two statements, but on the third ... I hated LW4 so much that I'm gonna give the DH series the nod.

AZORChiefFan
11-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I have to go with Die Hard. Mainly because my dad picked me up at my moms house and took me to see it on a school night. I usually went over to his house every other weekend.

Gaz
11-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Die Hard.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not even see the grounds for debate.

cdcox
11-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Die Hard.

I don't really even consider that the Die Hard sequals exist. I saw them once, and that was enough. As a series LW worked better. But Die Hard by itself was better than the whole LW series.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2005, 07:06 AM

that was the 4th one...:harumph:

Deberg_1990
11-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Die Hard.

I don't really even consider that the Die Hard sequals exist. I saw them once, and that was enough. As a series LW worked better. But Die Hard by itself was better than the whole LW series.

Somewhat agree.....Die Hard is better if you are just comparing the first two films straight up. However the Lethal Weapon series as a whole is better. Lethal Weapon 2 is a fantastic film in its own right and probaby every bit as good as the first film. One of the best sequels ever made. Its got great action, bad ass villians and advances the character arcs extremely well.

SCTrojan
11-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Lethal Weapon 1 wins in a squeaker over Die Hard 1

Leathal Weapon as a series in a landslide over Die Hard series

SCChief
11-11-2005, 07:26 AM
I must admit I like both series. But the Lethal Weapon series is more intriguing as far as character development. The characters actually age together. The Die Hard movies are great as stand-alone flicks, but the Lethal Weapon flicks actually complement each other.