PDA

View Full Version : Stripped down image browser

ENDelt260
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Back in like 97 I discovered ACDSee. Nice simple enough program. Double click an image, it opens up, you can page down through the other images in the dir, switch from a window view to a full screen view... slideshow... or have an explorer-like view to browse through other dirs w/ a preview.

Over the years they kept adding shit to it, and of course, eventually made it all bloated and ****ed up. Then they released ACDSee Classic, which I used to use. But, now they don't seem to wanna distribute that anymore. I'm tired of being a fan of a product the company doesn't care about anymore. Any free, stable image viewers/browser with the capabilities I described and not much more out there?

Boozer
11-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Back in like 97 I discovered ACDSee. Nice simple enough program. Double click an image, it opens up, you can page down through the other images in the dir, switch from a window view to a full screen view... slideshow... or have an explorer-like view to browse through other dirs w/ a preview.

Over the years they kept adding shit to it, and of course, eventually made it all bloated and ****ed up. Then they released ACDSee Classic, which I used to use. But, now they don't seem to wanna distribute that anymore. I'm tired of being a fan of a product the company doesn't care about anymore. Any free, stable image viewers/browser with the capabilities I described and not much more out there?

What's wrong with continuing to use the old software? It's not like you enjoy the updates.

ENDelt260
11-11-2005, 08:46 AM
What's wrong with continuing to use the old software? It's not like you enjoy the updates.
I don't have it.

bgguitarman
11-11-2005, 09:01 AM
You can dl the older versions here:

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acdsee

morphius
11-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I switched to irfanview many years ago and would recommend it to anyone.

Demonpenz
11-12-2005, 02:38 PM
i use irfanvew

SLAG
11-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Preview With Windows XP works the Same way