PDA

View Full Version : Horse-collar tackles

LV Tim
11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Are horse-collar tackles being called?

Just a lurker with an officiating question . . .

I have seen several games this year, and several horse-collar tackles; but have not seen one being flagged. Has anyone seen a penalty for this yet?

:shrug:

4th and Long
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Are horse-collar tackles being called?

Just a lurker with an officiating question . . .

I have seen several games this year, and several horse-collar tackles; but have not seen one being flagged. Has anyone seen a penalty for this yet?

:shrug:
Although it's been outlawed, I have yet to see it called.

dtebbe
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Warfield came pretty close to one near the goal line sunday.

DT

Halfcan
11-10-2005, 10:05 PM
A lurker huh? Post again and we will horse collar you!

DaFace
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
I can't tell you what the game was, but I do know that I saw it called in at least one game this season. Sorry I can't be more specific.

morphius
11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
I can't tell you what the game was, but I do know that I saw it called in at least one game this season. Sorry I can't be more specific.
I think I have seen it called once as well, but it doesn't happen often.

ChiefsFanatic
11-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Although it's been outlawed, I have yet to see it called.

I have seen at leat three horse-collars directly in front of an official, only to be ignored.

tk13
11-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I wanna say I've seen one called, but like everybody else I can't remember exactly when I saw it. I have seen several go uncalled though.

Extra Point
11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
They called one in preseason. It's a BS call. Priest had a better chance taking that than the blast from Merriman.

rageeumr
11-11-2005, 07:39 AM
I have seen one called as well. The thing that I have noticed is all the "close-to-being-horse-collars" have one thing in common: the ballcarrier isn't pulled directly backward (not as bad of a situation for knees/ankles). Most of the borderline no-calls I have seen, the ballcarrier got pulled to the side as opposed to straight back.

kepp
11-11-2005, 08:10 AM
I've seen four or five horse-collar tackles, but no calls. A couple have been committed by the Chiefs, so I guess I'm glad for the no-calls.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2005, 08:13 AM
I don't think people understand the rule. A player can still be dragged down from the top....where it becomes illegal is when you grab shoulder pad....but get a handful of jersey and it's all good.

1moreTRich
11-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I saw one called against the Packers on the Monday night game vs Carolina

kepp
11-11-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't think people understand the rule. A player can still be dragged down from the top....where it becomes illegal is when you grab shoulder pad....but get a handful of jersey and it's all good.
That probably rules out a couple of the ones I thought I saw then. Is there a site that breaks down the different types and numbers of penalties that have been called in a given season? That would be cool to look at.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
That probably rules out a couple of the ones I thought I saw then. Is there a site that breaks down the different types and numbers of penalties that have been called in a given season? That would be cool to look at.

not ot my knowledge.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2005, 10:30 AM

That is what I have been seeing. They are just grabbing jersey this year.