PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day thread. Post your patriotic "thank you" here.

John_Wayne
11-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Today is Veterans Day. We must never forget the sacrifice that many have made on our behalf. Please post your messages of thanks to all veterans.

Also, yesterday was the Marine Corps birthday. You can also wish the Marines a belated Happy Birthday. I'm dissappointed in myself for forgetting to post a USMC birthday thread yesterday. Personally, I put it on my calendar every year and I wish every Marine I can find happy birthday every Nov. 10th. They really appreciate it.

Lastly, this is NOT a political or partisian thread. Please discuss politics elsewhere. I suggest if someone dishonors this thread by being partisian or political, I say they get Neg. Rep. bombed or banned from the BB for a week or some sort of punishment. That's just my feeling about the matter. I take Veterans Day very seriously.

greg63
11-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks to all our vets. God Bless you all! Happy B-day Marine Corps! :)

ct
11-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Thank You US Veterans, past, present, and future! We love you and support you, and most of all, we appreciate your courage and sacrifice!!

StcChief
11-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Vets

Thank you for keeping America strong, safe and free.

ptlyon
11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Excellent idea GF!

Thank you Vets for giving us our freedom!

chagrin
11-11-2005, 07:56 AM
A heartfelt THANK YOU, to those who serve, and served. A thought for the many who have not been found and are still MIA/POW!!

I am not going to brag about my relatives awho fought, but include them in this thought. I get so emotional about the veterans, who never get the thanks they DESERVE for FIGHTING FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT DEFEND THEMSELVES, AND ALSO FIGHTING FOR THE U.S.A. AND FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM!

MOhillbilly
11-11-2005, 07:57 AM
The Military does something to men and women that only those who have served can put a finger on.

Thank you.

alpha_omega
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Thank you all for your service to our country.

God bless you and your families.

And...

God bless America!

Cochise
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM

acasas4
11-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Thank you vets for defending the USA and our freedom. God bless.

Dartgod
11-11-2005, 08:02 AM
THANK YOU!

DenverChief
11-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Thank you fellow veterans :)

Area 51
11-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks to all of our brothers and sisters that have provided for us what the rest of the world wants. FREEDOM!

If you see someone today that is obviously a veteran shake their hand and let them know that their sacrifice was worth it.

For all of you that have served the Nation as a whole owes you a debt of gratitude.

DJay23
11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Thank you to those who have sacrificed, big and small, to afford me the opportunity to sit here, in my heated apartment, at my Dell Computer, while I listen to my favorite CD, and drink bottled water that I bought with money I earned from my job that I got as a result of my college education. None of this was possible without what you gave.

Thank you to those of you still serving, to those of you with us who have served, and to those who have gone from us who did serve.

Chief Henry
11-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I've already called my wifes two great uncles that are WWII vetrans. I thanked them. Both seamed really surprised but were gracious.

One of them needs motorized scooter because
of his wound from WWII.

Both of these guys were POW'S. You should here
some of the stories...amazing.

Thank God for men like these two great gentleman.

Tonight I'm calling my oldest brother and thanking him. He's a vietnam vet.

THANK GOD for Vetrans and they're families.

This morning at 11:00 many towns across
america will have veterans day celebrations
on the 11 hour
of the 11th day
on the 11th month.

Thank you Veterans

journeyscarab
11-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Thank You .....

....For your commitment and sacrafice
....For making America safe for the rest of us
....For renewing my patriotic pride in America
....For the sacrafice made by your family and friends while you are away.

We will never forget every soul, every life, every dedicated member of our armed forces. Without you, we would live in a very different world.

Thank you, may God Bless you and keep you and your families safe. There are not enough words to convey our feelings for you.

Gaz
11-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Thank you.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks there should be a Veteran’s Day every week.

ROYC75
11-11-2005, 09:06 AM
For all you do, this THANKS is for you.

On a side note, Happy Anniversary to my wife of 22 years.

cadmonkey
11-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Without thinking about, I walked out the door today to go to work. I was thinking about my grandfather, he served in WWII and was part of the first strike, and didn't even realize that when I was getting dress I put his dog tags on.

Rest In Peace Papa.

Reaper16
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Thank you to all veterans; we cannot say enough about your service. Thank you to those who sacrificed themselves in war so that we may enjoy simple freedoms such as posting on an internet message board, and greater freedoms much more important and profound. Thank you to all serving right now; you have our support and gratitude for your valor.

NewChief
11-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I'll post about my father in law.

He's a Vietnam Vet that doesn't like to talk about his time over there too much. I know he got a Bronze Star and an Oak Leaf Cluster. The write ups for them were pretty incredible, especially for the initial BS. He ran through a fire fight to resupply everyone with ammo (with complete disregard to his own safety according to the writeup) then layed down suppressing fire to allow people to move on the enemy position.

He also got an Air Medal for, I believe, 20 air missions in a chopper over Nam.

Anyway, we buried Jim about 1.5 weeks ago at Jefferson Barracks Memorial Cemetary in St. Louis. He was proud to serve his country, and I'm proud to have married his daughter and fathered his grandson. He'll be missed.

To all the other veterans out there, living and passed on, many thanks for your service.

MOhillbilly
11-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Without thinking about, I walked out the door today to go to work. I was thinking about my grandfather, he served in WWII and was part of the first strike, and didn't even realize that when I was getting dress I put his dog tags on.

Rest In Peace Papa.
Thats cool you wear you GF tags.

when my aunts and uncles were parceling out my grandparents history after my grandma went into home hospice.
my aunt had put all the jewelery into a box to take home-

in that box were my Grandfathers USN bracelet his CB pins and his tags.

i made a display and put them w/ my dads ribbons and medals.

MOhillbilly
11-11-2005, 09:53 AM
He also got an Air Medal for, I believe, 20 air missions in a chopper over Nam.

30+ is what my dad told me.

chagrin
11-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Thats cool you wear you GF tags.

when my aunts and uncles were parceling out my grandparents history after my grandma went into home hospice.
my aunt had put all the jewelery into a box to take home-

in that box were my Grandfathers USN bracelet his CB pins and his tags.

i made a display and put them w/ my dads ribbons and medals.

beautiful.

Demonpenz
11-11-2005, 10:01 AM
thank you

Amnorix
11-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Indeed. Thank you, soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen for the sacrifices you make so the rest of us can live the American dream.

Calcountry
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Thank you Father and Uncle, for fighting in the "forgotten war". Thank you cousin, for over 20 years in the Army with tours in Kosovo and 2 tours in Iraq.

Thank you men and women of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and not in the least, the Marines. Thank you for being the foreign policy choice of last resort. Thank you for doing you job, so that I can grind it out at my job, and watch a little bit of football on Sundays. :thumb:

JamSec128
11-11-2005, 11:11 AM
THANK YOU to all US Vets.

Grandpa a Vet of WWII and a member of 2D Squad, 2d Platoon, G Company, 385th Infantry: 76th Division - AKA Patton's Bastards...

Had the honor of going to my Grandpa's troop reunion last year around the same time the WWII memorial in DC was opened, it was the first time I ever heard him talk about the war...And seeing my Grandpa standing in tears in front of the Missouri portion of the memorial is something I will never forget…

A member of his Company (Frank Priest) wrote a book telling few stories of their travels; the book is also called Patton’s Bastards. My Grandpa said that a few of these stories seem a little embellished but it was still great to read.

Adept Havelock
11-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks to all the <a href="http://ww2.pstripes.osd.mil/02/nov02/mauldin/">"Willie and Joes"</a> who have served our nation. They represent a large part of what is best in us, our nation.

Enjoy your freedom? Thank a veteran.

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks, KCJohnny and anyone else out there.

I've mentioned it before, but my father-in-law has two Silver Stars from flying a helicopter gunship in Nam. He very seldom talks about it, but when he does he's got some great stories. He was right in the thick of a lot of action.

ptlyon
11-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I've mentioned it before, but my father-in-law has two Silver Stars from flying a helicopter gunship in Nam. He very seldom talks about it, but when he does he's got some great stories. He was right in the thick of a lot of action.

And lucky to be alive.

SCTrojan
11-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks to all veterans. For my buddies that are currently serving in foreign lands, especially. May them return home safely. And soon.

MOhillbilly
11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
http://www.vietvet.org/tapsgal.htm

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 12:03 PM
And lucky to be alive.

Yep. He was literally out there attacking bunkers and stuff from a firebase. He told me one time about an attack where the Vietnamese (presumably Viet Cong - I didn't ask) attacked the firebase, and one of them managed to get into the ammo dump and apparently blew himself up to take out the entire ammo dump for the base. He said it was spectacular, but that he doesn't like fireworks shows any more.

MOhillbilly
11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Why is this on page 2?

Inspector
11-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks to all vets, including my dad and my son.

Jenson71
11-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks to all those who served, especially my grandpa, who is 82 years old and my hero.

Simplex3
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks to all vets, with a special thanks to my father for returning from Vietnam before meeting my mother and having me.

May none of you be forgotten or your sacrifice belittled...and nuthooks to anyone who tries.

sedated
11-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you, Lt. Dan, Forrest, and Bubba

stumppy
11-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I'd like to thank all of the veterans for there service and the sacrafices they have made.
Especially my dad, a veteran of WWII and the Korean War.
RIP

MOhillbilly
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM
i find it pathetic that only 40 posts are in a veterans day thread.

Mr. Kotter
11-14-2005, 01:52 PM

I agree. I missed it the first time through, as I was preoccupied over the long weekend. May those in harm's way return safely to their families soon.

Thanks, veterans and service members for all you've done and for all you do. May more Americans appreciate the sacrifice and selfless service you've given.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Then start spamming it.