PDA

View Full Version : Is this Rain Man?

chagrin
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Rain Man glues himself to toilet (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/11/toiletseat.suit.ap/index.html)

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A man who sued Home Depot claiming that a prank left him glued to a restroom toilet seat has passed a lie detector test, a newspaper reported.

The questions covered allegations that he made previous a similar claim in another town, according to a story in The Rocky Mountain News.

Bob Dougherty answered 20 questions in the polygraph test, including four related to a former Nederland town official's allegation that Dougherty made similar claims there, the newspaper story said.

Dougherty, 57, offered to take the test to dispel doubts about his story. The test, administered Wednesday, was paid for by television station KDVR.

Ron Trzepacz, former director of operations in Nederland, where Dougherty lives, said that Dougherty claimed in 2004 that he was glued to a toilet seat in the town's visitor center but pulled himself free.

Dougherty has denied that and has said he did not know Trzepacz.

Dougherty's lawsuit, filed October 28, claims that officials at the Home Depot in Louisville, Kentucky, called for an ambulance after he had been stuck for about 15 minutes.

Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, which separated from his skin, leaving abrasions, according to the suit.

The lawsuit also claims Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck.

The lawsuit claims he suffered pain, humiliation and financial losses and seeks $3 million in damages.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Actually, my rear end is sticky for another reason. It's kind of embarrassing.

FAX
11-11-2005, 12:42 PM
A man felt the need to retreat
To a toilet where he took a seat.
He said "What the ****!"
"I believe that I'm stuck!"
"Call the lawyers 'cause I can't excrete!"

FAX

chagrin
11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, FAX - I have heard so much about you. How's it going?

Simplex3
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
If this a**hat gets $3M for being stuck somewhere for 15 minutes I expect my check for about eleventy-billion dollars from the airlines the next day.

FAX
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Well, FAX - I have heard so much about you. How's it going?

Very well. Thank you for inquiring, Mr. chagrin. You are a poster of great repute yourself. My best to you and yours.

FAX THE POLITE

SNR
11-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome back, FAX. You always were my favorite poster

SNR THE DISHONEST

:p

chagrin
11-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Very well. Thank you for inquiring, Mr. chagrin. You are a poster of great repute yourself. My best to you and yours.

FAX THE POLITE

That's funny, I think at one point some thought I was you, or you were I, or whatever. Anyway, hope all is well

:thumb:

FAX
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Welcome back, FAX. You always were my favorite poster

SNR THE DISHONEST

:p

Thank you as well, Mr. SNR. However, I must say that I find it difficult to discern whether or not your comments are intended as a compliment. I, therefore, am paying the "DISHONEST" reference no heed whatsoever. This is due to the fact that, sadly, I am fresh out of heed.

FAX THE HEEDLESS

beavis
11-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Actually, my rear end is sticky for another reason. It's kind of embarrassing.
Uhhhh, gross. I guess you do live close to Denver Chief though, don't you?

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Uhhhh, gross. I guess you do live close to Denver Chief though, don't you?

Not that embarrassing.

HolmeZz
11-11-2005, 01:15 PM
The dude with the glued butt was on Kimmel the other night.

HOLMEZZ THE HOTTIE

unlurking
11-11-2005, 01:16 PM
They had this guy's lawyer on KHOW 630 the other day (Kaplas 'n Silverman) and apparently the cops took some pretty gruesome pictures of his ass, sans skin after the seat was removed.

Would I be disturbed in the head to be morbidly curious about seeing those pics?