PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day Thoughts

dollar1
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
An employee thanked me today. I'm a Veteran and it was a nice thought.

She then told me about a bumper sticker she'd seen, "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a soldier". ROFL

It got me thinking, how many veteran's do we have on this board. I know the topic has come up before, but I wanted to add another twist courtesy of KC Johnny.

Not only if you've served, but as well as if in combat (like it REALLY matters :) ).

Again, thanks to the rest of you for serving your country.

BTW, my wife is German, it makes for interesting conversation whislt discussing politics/nationalism.

Cpt, U.S. Army, Armor, 1983-1992, 3 AD, Germany, Desert Storm.

~Back Under My Rock~

Dunit35
11-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Im not a veteran, but I had to tell him why Veteran's Day was today. I made him feel like a complete idiot. But im also a History major and he us a kinesology major.

TrickyNicky
11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll just say thanks to everyone who has, or is serving for the country. It is often a thankless job for all but 363 days out of the year, and you deserve more than that.

dollar1
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Not really a big deal here either. What I did was for me. Great experience, lots of different things to do as a young person. It had its' good parts and bad.

I'd do it all over again.

The one thing, though, I can reflect on what my forefathers had to bear...X 100. Those guys had BAWEOS.

~Back Under Rock~

Extra Point
11-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks to all the vets that made us free!

Phobia
11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I earned my pie the hard way. Yesterday was my 230th birthday and today Veterans Day. I keep checking the mail but I didn't get anything. Thanks for nothing bastards.

Demonpenz
11-11-2005, 06:12 PM
usually I would spout some bullshit sarcasim, but I have the upmost respect for the armed forces

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Three semesters of ROTC here. 1981 through 1982. Then I realized that I could be more valuable to the war effort as a civilian.

Demonpenz
11-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I always had the feeling i would go through all that training all that hard work then in a fire fight we would be coming out and i would be the first one to get shot in the head.

Rain Man
11-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I always had the feeling i would go through all that training all that hard work then in a fire fight we would be coming out and i would be the first one to get shot in the head.

And then fifty years later your unit would get together for a reunion, and when they looked at the photos, they'd say, "Who was that guy?" and just label you as "Unidentified." That would stink.