PDA

View Full Version : Please help. I think I'm about to slide into another universe.

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Strange things have been happening around me recently, and can be explained only by some wormhole about to open up.

1. I went to a charity dinner last night. I'm sitting at the table, and the waiter was handing out coffees. He set one down near me, for the person next to me, and turned around to get another coffee. I looked at the coffee mug sitting on the table and, I kid you not, it disintegrated. No one touching it, no one banging it, it was just sitting there, and it collapsed, breaking into a dozen pieces and sending coffee all over the table. The only possible explanation is that someone from another universe broke it somehow.

2. At the same charity dinner, nearly everyone at my table was female and attractive. That simply does not occur in the normal universe.

3. At the same charity dinner, they had a live band. Not only did I like them, but the band did not have their amps turned up way too loud. Tell me that that's EVER happened in this universe.

4. I dropped an M&M a few minutes ago, and it disappeared. I know I dropped it, but it never hit the ground, and I can't find it anywhere. I even emptied my pants pockets, wondering if it could have fallen in them somehow. It didn't fall down my shirt, and I'm barefoot and have no cuffs on my pants. The M&M had to have fallen into another universe, where it's now being eaten by some strange creature.

I'm thinking that there's a wormhole forming near me, and I'm about to fall through. If it happens, I'll try to send signals to you somehow. Perhaps I'll make a waiter spill coffee on one of you.

FAX
11-12-2005, 01:25 PM
One can only hope that in this amazing, caffeine free, alternate universe of good music and dirty M&Ms, the Chiefs are leading the division.

FAX THE UNIVERSAL OPTIMIST

Calcountry
11-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Strange things have been happening around me recently, and can be explained only by some wormhole about to open up.

1. I went to a charity dinner last night. I'm sitting at the table, and the waiter was handing out coffees. He set one down near me, for the person next to me, and turned around to get another coffee. I looked at the coffee mug sitting on the table and, I kid you not, it disintegrated. No one touching it, no one banging it, it was just sitting there, and it collapsed, breaking into a dozen pieces and sending coffee all over the table. The only possible explanation is that someone from another universe broke it somehow.

2. At the same charity dinner, nearly everyone at my table was female and attractive. That simply does not occur in the normal universe.

3. At the same charity dinner, they had a live band. Not only did I like them, but the band did not have their amps turned up way too loud. Tell me that that's EVER happened in this universe.

4. I dropped an M&M a few minutes ago, and it disappeared. I know I dropped it, but it never hit the ground, and I can't find it anywhere. I even emptied my pants pockets, wondering if it could have fallen in them somehow. It didn't fall down my shirt, and I'm barefoot and have no cuffs on my pants. The M&M had to have fallen into another universe, where it's now being eaten by some strange creature.

I'm thinking that there's a wormhole forming near me, and I'm about to fall through. If it happens, I'll try to send signals to you somehow. Perhaps I'll make a waiter spill coffee on one of you.:spock:

Count Alex's Losses
11-12-2005, 01:35 PM
This is like that episode of Star Trek where the aliens in another dimension would kidnap Riker at night. Creepy.

4th and Long
11-12-2005, 01:37 PM
This is like that episode of Star Trek where the aliens in another dimension would kidnap Riker at night. Creepy.
I believe there were removal of limbs involved in said episode.

You're not missing any arms or legs are you Kevin?

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Not yet. I'm missing M&Ms, not Limb&Limbs.

Zebedee DuBois
11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I would be very worried if I were you.

It is a well known fact that nearly all aliens are after Uranus.

luv
11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
I would be very worried if I were you.

It is a well known fact that nearly all aliens are after Uranus.
ROFL

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Did anyone else just read a joke from the 1950s on this thread, or am I the only one who can see it?

Otter
11-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Sounds more like someone at the dinner party slipped you some acid.

It's almost over, try to enjoy it.

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:49 PM
The other weird thing is that I'm suddenly reading posts by FAX again. I'm thinking that maybe he's from the other side.

Zebedee DuBois
11-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Sounds more like someone at the dinner party slipped you some acid.

It's almost over, try to enjoy it.

Aliens use the date rape drug?

Frazod
11-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Quick - look out the window - is your car still gaypricot?

:fire:

tk13
11-12-2005, 01:50 PM
This is the part where Penn & Teller appear holding a coffee cup win an M&M in it.

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:51 PM
If someone at that table last night had slipped me a date rape drug, I would've taken it.

Otter
11-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Aliens use the date rape drug?

Haha, acid would make a very poor date rape drug.

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Quick - look out the window - is your car still gaypricot?

:fire:

Uh-oh. It's now lezzberry.

Frazod
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Uh-oh. It's now lezzberry.

:eek:

ROFL

Rain Man
11-12-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm going to Taco Bell to get some lunch now. If I get there and they're serving ham dinners or they're steaming clams, I'm going to seriously freak out.

Sully
11-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Do the Snozberries still taste like Snozzberries?

mikey23545
11-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I tire of this game with the one known as Rain Man....

4th and Long
11-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I tire of this game with the one known as Rain Man....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar81_3.gif
:eek:

OldTownChief
11-12-2005, 02:52 PM

I'm thinking that there's a wormhole forming near me, and I'm about to fall through. If it happens, I'll try to send signals to you somehow. Perhaps I'll make a waiter spill coffee on one of you.

There's a simple explanation for all this.

1. The assassin missed you.
2. You were with your Co-workers. We've seen them.
3. The charity dinner was at the local VFW.
4. Chances are that one of the regulars at the VFW brought their seeing eye dog.

ENDelt260
11-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Haha, acid would make a very poor date rape drug.
That all depends on what sort of freaky shit you're into, I suppose.

Cntrygal
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM

I'd save ya - but I was told I looked too happy in this picture to be taken seriously. :shrug:

Rain Man
11-14-2005, 04:01 PM
As an update, it appears that the M&M survived its wormhole experience. I found it today on the floor. Apparently, it went through the wormhole and then came out fifteen feet to the southeast of where I last saw it. There appear to be no changes to it's cellular structure unless perhaps it wasn't blue before. I don't recall.

The scary part, though, is that if the same thing happens to me, the area 15 feet southeast of my office is outside my window, five floors up. My worries aren't yet over.

If they find me blue and in a heap in the alley, you'll know what happened.

greg63
11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
ROFLHe just needs to beam aboard the Enterprise and be wisped away then all will be well, or get out of the hologram room.

BigRedChief
11-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Are you calling out the M&M?