PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green f*cking sucks

Pages : [1] 2

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm so sick of this f*cker choking in road games, I can't even stand it.

Although, I will admit that he was joined by Black, Welbourn, and Warfield as the guys who cost us this game.

Once we replace these @ssholes, we might have a chance to win.

I'm so f*cking pissed right now, I can't even stand it.

Our offense has been overhyped for four years now. Have we ever won a road game against a decent team? Now that we finally have a semblance of a defense, our offense is reverting to form.

I hate this f*cking team, and that's not just the alcohol talking.

SNR
11-13-2005, 03:29 PM
We won in Baltimore two years ago, but that was more a defense + Dante Hall win than anything

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
We won in Baltimore two years ago, but that was more a defense + Dante Hall win than anything

Yeah, I don't know who was playing QB that day, but did it matter who handed off to Priest? Trent sure as hell didn't do anything that day.

penchief
11-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Although, I will admit that he was joined by Black, Welbourn, and Warfield as the guys who cost us this game.

Our offense has been overhyped for four years now. Have we ever won a road game against a decent team? Now that we finally have a semblance of a defense, our offense is reverting to form.

I had a dream last night that Trent Green had a horrible game. The only thing was that I dreamt that he underthrew everybody, not the he threw interceptions. So I woke up thinking that we still had a chance to win.

Rausch
11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Green does not suck.

Green had a horrible game. Yes, he played bad. No excuses, horrible performance.

That does not negate 2+ years of great play...

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Green does not suck.

Green had a horrible game. Yes, he played bad. No excuses, horrible performance.

Yeah, just like the first half of the Chargers game. Once it was garbage time, the @sshole put up his f*cking numbers.

Sure-Oz
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
What a ****in stupid thread, he had a shitty game but that line didnt do shit for him or his WR's. Trent has been a solid QB for this team, blame those ****in tackles for making him watch his back every second, 6 sacks like 15 knockdowns, what a joke!

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:37 PM
He also played like sh*t the Rayders game. Only for a gift tripping call did we get lucky enough to win that game.

Hey Trent, f*ck off.

Time for a QB who's not a freakin statue back there.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2005, 03:37 PM
We won in Baltimore two years ago, but that was more a defense + Dante Hall win than anythingWe won there last year, too. Trent had a pretty good game. Green completed 21 of 31 passes for 123 yards with a touchdown for a 99.3 rating. He stunk it up today, tho...

plbrdude
11-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Green does not suck.

in some minds it would. though i have noticed that having someone in your face on most pass attempts leads to bad throws. that usually holds true even down to the high school level.

shaneo69
What a ****in stupid thread, he had a shitty game but that line didnt do shit for him or his WR's. Trent has been a solid QB for this team, blame those ****in tackles for making him watch his back every second, 6 sacks like 15 knockdowns, what a joke!

Yet somehow the line was good enough for LJ to get 150 yards.

ArrowheadHawk
how bout on the last play of the game he should throw the ****ing ball even if it would be a horrible pass its better than a ****ing sack thats 4 games now i remember ending with a trent green sack get rid of the ****er

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 03:40 PM
IM still waiting for Green to win a big game......

KcMizzou
Green does not suck.

That does not negate 2+ years of great play...Amen. Lets not break out the pitchforks and torches.

stevieray
stupid azz thread. This game is on the Oline.

Stinger
:spock:

I am really at a loss for words on this thread :shake:

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I also want to point out that had Trent played halfway worth a damn in the first half, the defense wouldn't have been able to pin their ears back in the 2nd half and come after him.

BigVE
Im sure the fact that our TOP NOTCH WR's have dropped the most balls in the league has NOTHING to do with how bad he sucks either huh. WHO would you prefer...? Collins???? Nah.

DonJaun
Now i will say Trent had a terrible day. Its not like him to do that. But what can you do when you have NO BLOCKING!

stevieray
deberg, go away.

1adam1238
What about the pitiful play calling?

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
stupid azz thread. This game is on the Oline.

Losman wasn't getting protection yet still managed to make plays.

Mecca
Trent Green needs a perfect pocket to be a good QB, this team isn't capable of giving him that anymore.

DonJaun
What about the pitiful play calling?
I agree! Al and Dick need to get on a buss back to ST. Louis

stevieray
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM

lame. he threw for 137 yards.

Sure-Oz
The tackles killed green all day, he had no time period, the guards and center most likely got lj those yards UP THE MIDDLE....trent played like absolute shit but he does not in any means suck, you wanna see a shitty QB put collins in for a few plays.

TrickyNicky
Look, you lose as a team in this game. When a team starts pointing fingers at a few players about a loss, thats when it's time to mail it in. Sorry, but the entire team could've performed better. A LOT better.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:45 PM
We won there last year, too. Trent had a pretty good game. Green completed 21 of 31 passes for 123 yards with a touchdown for a 99.3 rating. He stunk it up today, tho...

21 completions for 123 yards? Not even 6 yards per completion. Wow, great game.

Sure-Oz
I want to see what Losman can do with our WR's he has alot of recieving threats on that team. We have a bunch of losers besides gonzalez.

Bwana
Not overall, but he did today. The line once again also played a big part in the loss.

Chieftain58
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Obviously you know nothing about football putting the blame on Green, It's about protection!

JBucc
He doesn't "suck" he just needs time and he isn't getting it anymore. His best days are done.

Mecca
Losman made 2 big plays that won the game for the Bills. No matter what his stats are, his ability to move and make a play won them the game.

Skip Towne
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes, but LJ is Superman. Really, he is.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
lame. he threw for 137 yards.

Yet, he made plays.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Yet, he made plays.

Evans made plays.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know who was playing QB that day, but did it matter who handed off to Priest? Trent sure as hell didn't do anything that day.

This comment right here shows that you are not a true fan.

If you were you would know who started and also how many times we have played Baltimore

We won 27=24 last year in Balt

Trent Green went 21 for 31 for 223 yards to help Kansas City (1-3) to its first win since Dec. 28. After going 13-3 a year ago, the Chiefs were off to their worst start since 1980.
Also 5 rushes for 17 yards

2 years ago

Kansas City responded with a 71-yard march that blended the talent of Holmes and quarterback Trent Green with some well-timed trickery. After a reverse by receiver Johnnie Morton gained 36 yards, the Chiefs moved to the 1 before Green faked a handoff to Holmes and hit a wide-open Tony Gonzalez for a 10-3 lead.

CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Green 17/28 159 1 0
\

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Obviously you know nothing about football putting the blame on Green, It's about protection!

Keep making excuses. Even if you think I'm a dumb@ss, read Mecca's posts on this thread. He's making a lot better points than I am.

BigVE
11-13-2005, 03:53 PM

If you were you would know who started and also how many times we have played Baltimore

We won 27=24 last year in Balt

Trent Green went 21 for 31 for 223 yards to help Kansas City (1-3) to its first win since Dec. 28. After going 13-3 a year ago, the Chiefs were off to their worst start since 1980.
Also 5 rushes for 17 yards

2 years ago

Kansas City responded with a 71-yard march that blended the talent of Holmes and quarterback Trent Green with some well-timed trickery. After a reverse by receiver Johnnie Morton gained 36 yards, the Chiefs moved to the 1 before Green faked a handoff to Holmes and hit a wide-open Tony Gonzalez for a 10-3 lead.

CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Green 17/28 159 1 0
\

LOL, Im sure as a "true fan" you just pulled all that info off the top of your head. ;)

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 03:54 PM
shaneo69 = Complete f'ing tool.

Ive seen some advertisements of one's own stupidity before, but this one here takes the cake.

Heh. Trying to keep from laughing as I type this.

Hey Shaneo, You cant play QB with just 3 o-linemen. It doesnt work. I dont give a rat's ass if you put Brett Favre back there, with Jordan Black and John Welbourn at tackle, your QB is gonna get killed.

Perhaps if you hadnt been sucking back on grampa's old cough medicine all game, your brain wouldnt be soaking in a pool of alcohol, and you could actually see what was going on in the game.

There wasnt a whole lot that Trent Green could do. 30 passing plays he was either sacked, knocked down, or hurried. Take into account the several dropped passes by the receivers and yeah, your stats are gonna be bad.

I cannot fathom how anyone, with any sort of shred of football intelligence could put this game all on Trent Green, and be angry that he couldnt get a lot done with no tackles and stonehanded receivers.

Whatever dude. You might consider cutting back on the booze though, I think that the brain cells just arent moving along anymore.

Heh. Thanks for the laugh though. This thread should go to the hall of classics.

If the Chiefs lost Trent Green for the season today, they wouldnt win another game all year. I have no doubt about that.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
LOL, Im sure as a "true fan" you just pulled all that info off the top of your head. ;)

WTF?

Just showing shaneo the truth.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM

I've had season tickets since 1989. You?

Ask Carl who the true fan is.

And which game(s) were you posting Trent's stats from anyway?

Mecca
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
No matter how bad that line is. Trent Green is responsible for some of it. Getting the ball knocked out of your hand. Hanging onto the ball to long, if we know the line is bad obviously he does too. The Int's weren't even close to the WR's they were just horrible throws.

I know everyone loves Trent Green but he deserves blame, it's not just the line.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Losman made 2 big plays that won the game for the Bills. No matter what his stats are, his ability to move and make a play won them the game.

Exactly......His "Stats" may not reflect that he outplayed Green, but he did. Green is ok, but he never has or he never will be a "franchise" type QB who will carry a team on his back.

Otter
11-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Yep, Trent Green and Priest Holmes. Nothing but baggage, get rid of them.

This place is unreal.

shaneo69
shaneo69 = Complete f'ing tool.

I cannot fathom how anyone, with any sort of shred of football intelligence could put this game all on Trent Green, and be angry that he couldnt get a lot done with no tackles and stonehanded receivers.

If the Chiefs lost Trent Green for the season today, they wouldnt win another game all year. I have no doubt about that.

Hey tool boy, if you would've read my thread starter, you would've seen I also put blame on Black, Welbourn and Warfield, jackass. Read much?

And yeah, I know our QB backups suck. Just because Trent will win 6 games for us this year doesn't mean he's good.

KingPriest2

And which game(s) were you posting Trent's stats from anyway?

How do you consider yourself a true fan if you don't know who the QB was? YOu should know that Trent has started over 70 straight games.

Both Baltimore games.

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
No matter how bad that line is. Trent Green is responsible for some of it. Getting the ball knocked out of your hand. Hanging onto the ball to long, if we know the line is bad obviously he does too. The Int's weren't even close to the WR's they were just horrible throws.

I know everyone loves Trent Green but he deserves blame, it's not just the line.

on the INT on the pass to Dante, you can't put that one squarely on Green, we don't know if he threw to the wrong route, or Dante ran the wrong route.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM

This place is unreal.

Apparently you don't understand what happens when you hang onto expensive 30+ year old players to long. Look at our team this year, the Raiders a few years ago. It's the nature of the NFL when guy's get old you walk away from them.

It's not saying we don't like them or appreciate them as players but you can't keep players forever if you plan to compete year in and year out.

dirk digler

I agree but Trent doesn't suck. He usually has one of these types of games once a season, today was the day.

Also you can put alot of the blame besides on the O-Line on Al Saunders. His play calling sucked today and he didn't call 1 screen today and he only called 1 maybe 2 quick throws. He sits up there and sees Trent get killed but doesn't try to help him out with the play calls.

shaneo69
How do you consider yourself a true fan if you don't know who the QB was? YOu should know that Trent has started over 70 straight games.

Both Baltimore games.

Both Baltimore games? Can you provide the dates of those games, true fan? Because prior to last year, the last game against Balt was in 1998 before Trent got here.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I agree but Trent doesn't suck. He usually has one of these types of games once a season, today was the day.

Also you can put alot of the blame besides on the O-Line on Al Saunders. His play calling sucked today and he didn't call 1 screen today and he only called 1 maybe 2 quick throws. He sits up there and sees Trent get killed but doesn't try to help him out with the play calls.

I agree with you it's alot of things. I was just saying that to some of the people who are acting like none of it is Trent Greens fault at all.

Otter
11-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Apparently you don't understand what happens when you hang onto expensive 30+ year old players to long. Look at our team this year, the Raiders a few years ago. It's the nature of the NFL when guy's get old you walk away from them.

It's not saying we don't like them or appreciate them as players but you can't keep players forever if you plan to compete year in and year out.

It's ****!NG MANAGMENT that makes these calls you moron. Not Trent Green or Priest Holmes.

Your yelling at the Sheets Cashier for the prices of gas being too high.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Both Baltimore games? Can you provide the dates of those games, true fan? Because prior to last year, the last game against Balt was in 1998 before Trent got here.

You don't rem both games? Both games were the 4th game of the season and last years was MNF.

First game 9/28/03
second game 10/04/04

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 04:06 PM
It's ****!NG MANAGMENT that makes these calls you moron. Not Trent Green or Priest Holmes.

Yeah, and I'm sure you'll be the one ripping management when they cut Priest loose next year, won't ya?

headsnap

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/chiefsstuff/ratbirds03_800.jpg

Mecca

You're the one who made the comment about "this place being unreal" as far as Holmes and Green. I was just point out to you why some of us are ready to walk away from a 35 year old QB and a 32 year old injury prone RB. So where exactly is your management comment coming from? I don't see how that has much of anything to do with what you or I said.

KCFalcon59
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM

We played Baltimore the last 2 years.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 04:09 PM
You don't rem both games? Both games were the 4th game of the season and last years was MNF.

First game 9/28/03
second game 10/04/04

You're right. Kudos. My bad. I'm an idiot.

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM

I bet you would like new uniforms too. Maybe a swoosh behind the Arrowhead, spikes images on the jerseys, and rockets painted on the cleats!!!!!

THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!!!

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
I bet you would like new uniforms too. Maybe a swoosh behind the Arrowhead, spikes images on the jerseys, and rockets painted on the cleats!!!!!

THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!!!

Where is that coming from?

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
You're the one who made the comment about "this place being unreal" as far as Holmes and Green. I was just point out to you why some of us are ready to walk away from a 35 year old QB and a 32 year old injury prone RB. So where exactly is your management comment coming from? I don't see how that has much of anything to do with what you or I said.

Walk away to what?

another player that is relegated irrelevant when they don't carry the team?

This is what will destroy sports. Acting like players aren't people, just stats.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:13 PM

THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!!!

What the hell is that suppose to mean? It's proven in the salary cap era of football if you hang onto to expensive old players to long it will bite you in the ass. Is it really that hard to comprehend that?

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Where is that coming from?

the fickle nature of Mecca...

Miles
11-13-2005, 04:14 PM
He had a terrible game today but part of that was the horrible pass blocking. Green doesn't exactly have solid WRs to throw to either.

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm an idiot.

Yeah, we know.

And yes, I read your thread starter. And even though you acknowledge that Black and Welbourn hung Green out to dry, you STILL place all the blame on him.

Therefore, you = complete f'ing tool.

I said I could not fathom how anyone with a shred of football intelligence could be angry at Trent Green, given the performance of his offensive line.

Youve basicly said Trent Green sucks, and that he's a choker, laying all of the blame on him despite being sacked 6 times, hurried 14 times, and knocked down 10 times. Yeah, any QB should excel under those circumstances. :rolleyes:

So yeah, youre an idiot.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I think some people are overly sentimental......sports is a business. You're telling me you care about these guys feelings and we hurt their feelings? I think their 10 million dollar signing bonuses will help them get over it. I'd rather be a cap savy franchise that wins games than a team that is nice to old players and loses.

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
What the hell is that suppose to mean? It's proven in the salary cap era of football if you hang onto to expensive old players to long it will bite you in the ass. Is it really that hard to comprehend that?

there is plenty of room under that bus for T. Richardson and Shields too.

And not to mention the fact that Gonzo is only one fumble/bad game away from being in the same situation...

throw them all under the BUS!!!!!:cuss:

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
He had a terrible game today but part of that was the horrible pass blocking. Green doesn't exactly have solid WRs to throw to either.

Never has. NOT from day ONE. , yet, has thrown for 4000 yards, and is in top ten all time completion, in JUST five years in KC. Same with Priest, number one in almost all categories, since 2001, with incomplete seasons.

Yup, they sure are holding this team down.

We've been spolied by FOUR years of the Oline not missing a game, to not ONE pratice together, including TC. Lost both starting tackles.

It all begins in the trenches, blaming the playmakers is stupid. Trent Green has been hit more than any QB in the league.

shaneo69
Yeah, we know.

And yes, I read your thread starter. And even though you acknowledge that Black and Welbourn hung Green out to dry, you STILL place all the blame on him.

Therefore, you = complete f'ing tool.

I said I could not fathom how anyone with a shred of football intelligence could be angry at Trent Green, given the performance of his offensive line.

Youve basicly said Trent Green sucks, and that he's a choker, laying all of the blame on him despite being sacked 6 times, hurried 14 times, and knocked down 10 times. Yeah, any QB should excel under those circumstances. :rolleyes:

So yeah, youre an idiot.

You act like we have the worst O-line in the league. The O-line didn't throw the picks. Trent threw the picks. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't throw it right to the other team. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't take another sack. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't fumble it away when we're deep in the opponents territory.

You're an idiot. And a tool.

Mecca
there is plenty of room under that bus for T. Richardson and Shields too.

And not to mention the fact that Gonzo is only one fumble/bad game away from being in the same situation...

throw them all under the BUS!!!!!:cuss:

Gonzalez is 29 and still productive.......Shields and Richardson are probably gone after this year......atleast they should be.

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Walk away to what?

another player that is relegated irrelevant when they don't carry the team?

This is what will destroy sports. Acting like players aren't people, just stats.

Probably some ass with a personality like T.O. or Randy Moss who makes plays on the field when they feel like it, and cause all sorts of crap off the field, and are complete dicks that clash with some members of the team.

Some people really dont care that Trent Green and Priest Holmes are character guys, and leaders on and off the field.

The minute something hints that they might not be able to put up enough yards in a game, its time to get rid of them for someone else.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Never has. NOT from day ONE. , yet, has thrown for 4000 yards, and is in top ten all time completion, in JUST five years in KC. Same with Priest, number one in almost all categories, since 2001, with incomplete seasons.

Yup, they sure are holding this team down.

We've been spolied by FOUR years of the Oline not missing a game, to not ONE pratice together, including TC. Lost both starting tackles.

It all begins in the trenches, blaming the playmakers is stupid. Trent Green has been hit more than any QB in the league.

B.S. Trent has a HOF TE to throw to. Don't blame it on his lack of weapons.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Some people really dont care that Trent Green and Priest Holmes are character guys, and leaders on and off the field.

Hey, that's great. Where has it got us? Five years with no playoff wins. But I'm really proud of them.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM

This is so weak, I'm not going to argue it.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey, that's great. Where has it got us? Five years with no playoff wins. But I'm really proud of them.

I agree with you 100% on this. I don't care if they are character guys. Aw that's nice and sweet and all but I wanna win games. I don't want to have a team full of nice guys that don't win. The players are not our friends and buddies so I really don't care about anything other than how they play.

Miles
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Other than Gonzo and who would be a solid #2 WR in kennison he has nothing. When your targets are that limited its not exactly hard for a decent defense to take your only good targets away.

Wallcrawler
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
You act like we have the worst O-line in the league.

We do have the worst tackles in the league in Welbourn and Black, and eh WAKE UP. In regard to protecting the passer, WE DO have the worst line in the league, or damn close to it. Green has been knocked down more than any QB in the league, 57 more times than the next closest qb on the list.

Yeah boy, SOLID protection. :rolleyes:

The fact that they werent all sacks is a testament to Trent's ability to get rid of the ball. Considering there were only 3 interceptions prior to this game through 8 games, Id say he's doing a helluva job with such shitty protection.

The O-line didn't throw the picks.

Nope, but they didnt give him time to throw perfect passes either.

Trent threw the picks. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't throw it right to the other team. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't take another sack. Hey Trent, throw it away, don't fumble it away when we're deep in the opponents territory.

Yeah, he made some bad throws, Id have happy feet too if I was getting ripped that often every time I dropped back to pass. Still, he only had 3 picks coming into this game. 3 ints in 8 games. This was a bad game helped along by poor pass protection. Youre making Green out to be the worst QB in the league.

And, Green usually holds onto the ball quite well when there isnt a wave of defenders crushing the pocket and swarming him half a second after he gets the ball. FYI.

You're an idiot. And a tool.

Heh.

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I agree with you 100% on this. I don't care if they are character guys. Aw that's nice and sweet and all but I wanna win games. I don't want to have a team full of nice guys that don't win. The players are not our friends and buddies so I really don't care about anything other than how they play.

the ONLY thing you get from being a fan of this team is W's and L's?

that's pathetic!!!

stevieray

lame. Get off the character mantra, becuase they've both produced. You don't have any loyalty to them so don't be pretensious and think they should reciprocate.

shaneo69
Other than Gonzo and who would be a solid #2 WR in kennison he has nothing. When your targets are that limited its not exactly hard for a decent defense to take your only good targets away.

When you have a running game clicking like we do, a QB can't blame lack of production on lack of weapons, IMO.

bobbything
11-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Heh. Pass blocking and run blocking are two completely different things.

Protection was problem #1. Did you notice how good Green looked with a few seconds of protection? After the first quarter I watched Jordan Black quite a bit and I must say that he's terrible. He's slow and can't maintain blocks. Larry Johnson had a nice day running but his pass blocking is awful. It all starts up front. And because our receivers are mediocre that means 3 step drops are out of the question, and our line isn't good enough to provide protection beyond a 5 step drop.

Green made some poor decisions, I assume. However, because I don't know what the routes and patterns are supposed to be, I can't say that those interceptions were all his fault. What I could see for myself was that pass protection was awful.

Green organized a nice drive down 7-3 until Tony Gonzalez was called for holding, Black and Welbourn had two false starts, and then Black was beaten so bad that Green HAD to go down. All of the sudden, it's 3rd and 30.

But, I suppose you forgot about that. Protection was the #1 problem. Not Trent Green.

Jim Jones
11-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Guys like Trent Green have given so much to this organization, yes it's time to move on but theres a way to do it..let him go out with class, not this 6th grade "Trent Green ****ing sucks, screw him, lets throw him out of town" classless bullshit. Let him go out with some dignity.

For all your armchair GM's out there who's a better option right now? He knows this offense as well as anyone and isn't exactly surrounded by a whole lot of talent out there to work with. He at least deserves to be able to finish out the season without a bunch of ****ing armchair QB asshats calling for his head after one game.

Otter
11-13-2005, 04:31 PM

Just venting, sorry about the moron comment, that was uneccessary.

There's been one steady in the past 17 years and it's Peterson, he obviously can't get the job done but still remains. I swear the military is going to have to come him and take him out like they did with Saddam.

I like Priest and Trent and they seem to be victims of bad management and I don't like to see them get ripped because of it.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Gonzalez is 29 and still productive.......Shields and Richardson are probably gone after this year......atleast they should be.

Shields will retire but T-Rich is STILL the best FB in the NFL by far.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Heh. Pass blocking and run blocking are two completely different things.

Protection was problem #1. Did you notice how good Green looked with a few seconds of protection? After the first quarter I watched Jordan Black quite a bit and I must say that he's terrible. He's slow and can't maintain blocks. Larry Johnson had a nice day running but his pass blocking is awful. It all starts up front. And because our receivers are mediocre that means 3 step drops are out of the question, and our line isn't good enough to provide protection beyond a 5 step drop.

Green made some poor decisions, I assume. However, because I don't know what the routes and patterns are supposed to be, I can't say that those interceptions were all his fault. What I could see for myself was that pass protection was awful.

Green organized a nice drive down 7-3 until Tony Gonzalez was called for holding, Black and Welbourn had two false starts, and then Black was beaten so bad that Green HAD to go down. All of the sudden, it's 3rd and 30.

But, I suppose you forgot about that. Protection was the #1 problem. Not Trent Green.

Larry johnson gave up two sacks, just like the coaches claimed, poor pass blocking.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
lame. Get off the character mantra, becuase they've both produced. You don't have any loyalty to them so don't be pretensious and think they should reciprocate.

I have 0 loyalty to any individual players. You cheer for the team not the name on the back of the jersey. I care about winning games and the best interest of the future of the team. Not if Trent and Priest are playing here forever eating up cap dollars when they're old and can be replaced by younger cheaper players.

I think getting attached to players in the salary cap era of football is a bad idea. Especially older players on the downside of their careers.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM

ROFL

We have the worst WR's in the NFL yet he has alot of weapons. The only playmakers on this O is LJ and maybe TonyG.

headsnap
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM

YOU ****ING IDIOT, OF COURSE IT WAS NECESSARY!!!!!!! :cuss:

:)

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM

There's been one steady in the past 17 years and it's Peterson, he obviously can't get the job done but still remains. I swear the military is going to have to come him and take him out like they did with Saddam.

I like Priest and Trent and they seem to be victims of bad management and I don't like to see them get ripped because of it.

I'm not personally ripping them, I respect and appreciate what they've done for our team. It's been a fun offense for 4 years. They're good guys and good players but now it's time to start rebuilding the team.

I'm not personally attacking them if that's what you were thinking. I was just thinking about what I thought would be the best interest of the future of the team.

Jim Jones
11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
If you truely have no loyalty to any players that's sad. I guess when DT died you just said "Oh well, who cares, let's move on" ??

Yeah it's about the team, but the team isn't shit without good players in those jerseys. Priest and Green have been nothing but productive during their careers here and don't deserve a bunch of armchair jerkoffs calling for their head after one bad season.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I have 0 loyalty to any individual players. You cheer for the team not the name on the back of the jersey. I care about winning games and the best interest of the future of the team. Not if Trent and Priest are playing here forever eating up cap dollars when they're old and can be replaced by younger cheaper players.

I think getting attached to players in the salary cap era of football is a bad idea. Especially older players on the downside of their careers.

you ignore the play of the depleted Oline to make your case. sounds like you are looking for individual scapegoats in a team sport. Just like the media tells you to.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Larry johnson gave up two sacks, just like the coaches claimed, poor pass blocking.

Larry Johnson gave up ONE sack.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm not personally ripping them, I respect and appreciate what they've done for our team. It's been a fun offense for 4 years. They're good guys and good players but now it's time to start rebuilding the team.

I'm not personally attacking them if that's what you were thinking. I was just thinking about what I thought would be the best interest of the future of the team.

This is just nonsense. You don't rebuild nine gams into a season.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Larry Johnson gave up ONE sack.

I'll have to rewatch, regardless, his pass blocking is a liability.

Miles
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM

You act like there were many younger and as effective QBs available this offseason.

As for Holmes, with the production he had prior to his injury last season its pretty difficult to advocate that we sould have just dumped him. There are reasons to critisize management but not dumping Green and Holmes is not one of them.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
you ignore the play of the depleted Oline to make your case. sounds like you are looking for individual scapegoats in a team sport. Just like the media tells you to.

I'll point out that those guys are bad and need to be replaced too if you want me too. This was a thread about Trent Green so that was why I was discussing Trent, and Priest was brought up into the arguement.

I'll be dead serious I think most of the team needs to be replaced over the next 3 years of a massive rebuilding project.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
You act like there were many younger and as effective QBs available this offseason.

As for Holmes, with the production he had prior to his injury last season its pretty difficult to advocate that we sould have just dumped him. There are reasons to critisize management but not dumping Green and Holmes is not one of them.

I'm talking about after this year........not right now and I don't think they should have been cut before this year either. This was our 1 last year, now it's time to start moving on.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Johnson's biggest problem today was that he was often in a "fielder's choice" situation. Buffalo brought 2 LB's and our OL wasn't picking one of them up...our line was BEYOND horrible today.

No, Johnson's pass blocking wasn't as good as Priest's. But even Priest would have struggled with the pressure that the Bills were bringing...

Otter
11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
This is so weak, I'm not going to argue it.

Thank you FDE, I was about to get beligerant again.

bobbything
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah, and Chris Horn had a crucial dropped pass in the red zone too on 3rd down.

It's all Trent Green's fault!! Hear you me!! It's all Trent Green's fault!!!

ROYC75
11-13-2005, 04:50 PM

It wasn't as much Green's fault as it was the OL and RB's blocking.

Green was hammered all day by the defense.

JOhn
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
WOW, it's amazing how quick we turn on our team, and specific players when we have a bad game.

In all honesty it's very hard for us as fans to criticize specific players for breakdowns when really don't know who is to blame.

I watched the same game as everyone else, and the only thing I can say for sure is our O-line protection sucked, and LJ is NOT ready to be "the Man". Yea he's a great runner, but he really needs to learn to block. He got burned at least 3 times by really crappy blocking.

As for Trent, He IS NOT the only blame for all 4 turnovers. On the one under trows ball, it looked very much like the receiver ran the wrong pattern. And the other INT's could very well be the same thing.

I'm upset with my team, no doubt, but I'm not ready to trow any specific player to the curb without knowing what really happened. It's easy to blame a specific player from what we see on the TV, but that is the lazy way to evaluate a game. Thank god our coach's don't let the fan's run this team or we really would be in a world of trouble.

I'll leave the coaching to the coach's and stick to being a fan.;)

But I know mindless rambling and placing blame makes a lot of people feel better, so carry on. :thumb:

stevieray
11-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I'll point out that those guys are bad and need to be replaced too if you want me too. This was a thread about Trent Green so that was why I was discussing Trent, and Priest was brought up into the arguement.

I'll be dead serious I think most of the team needs to be replaced over the next 3 years of a massive rebuilding project.

What you are hoping for doesn't happen in three years.

Convienant for you to claim it nine games in.

tommykat
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
WOW, it's amazing how quick we turn on our team, and specific players when we have a bad game.

In all honesty it's very hard for us as fans to criticize specific players for breakdowns when really don't know who is to blame.

I watched the same game as everyone else, and the only thing I can say for sure is our O-line protection sucked, and LJ is NOT ready to be "the Man". Yea he's a great runner, but he really needs to learn to block. He got burned at least 3 times by really crappy blocking.

As for Trent, He IS NOT the only blame for all 4 turnovers. On the one under trows ball, it looked very much like the receiver ran the wrong pattern. And the other INT's could very well be the same thing.

I'm upset with my team, no doubt, but I'm not ready to trow any specific player to the curb without knowing what really happened. It's easy to blame a specific player from what we see on the TV, but that is the lazy way to evaluate a game. Thank god our coach's don't let the fan's run this team or we really would be in a world of trouble.

I'll leave the coaching to the coach's and stick to being a fan.;)

But I know mindless rambling and placing blame makes a lot of people feel better, so carry on. :thumb:

Well written, and true. :D and you think that big smile is on my face? :shake: But I still love my team!

Otter
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Why is Killian in NFLE and not on the sidelines learning the game? So Collins and Huard could back him up?

Collins is as old as Green and when is the last time he threw a pass in an NFL game? Who is Huard compared to Killain?

It doesn't make sense.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm not gonna read 7 pages of posts to see if this has been mentioned. But I get pissed to see Trent bashing start again when he has increasingly no confidence in his blockers. We have no tackles and our stud RB sucks at pass blocking. Here's also where Priest's worth to this team is underlined. It's not Trent's fault. He has more than proven himself with talent, guts leadership and class. All you Trent bashers go look for anopther tree to pee on.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
What you are hoping for doesn't happen in three years.

Convienant for you to claim it nine games in.

I think most of us knew that this team was going to have to be rebuilt after this season. The majority of the team needs to be rebuilt there's some guys we have to build around but not many.

Waters, Gonzalez, Johnson on offense, Allen, Johnson possibly Mitchell on defense. After that it start's dropping off about what pieces we really have to build the future around. There may be some young players that step up when given a chance to play more a Keyaron Fox possible there are some other names.

I'm just saying after this year most of the guys who are over 30 should start being let go. There are some exceptions to the rule but not many.

If Trent wants to play a few more years I personally have no problem with him coming back since we have no other QB around. But in that time we need to draft one to get ready to take over. If Richardson wants to come back he's still productive so as long as he's not overly expensive I have no issue there either.

So I hope you try to see what I'm saying with this. After this year guys who are getting older who are declining making alot of money or flat out unproductive need to be let go.

Jim Jones
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes but it's not as easy as just saying "Ok we suck , now lets cut everyone and start over". Doing that is hard ,you have to have a plan? Do you have one, or are you just one of those "oh shit the sky is falling, let's cut everyone" guys?

Uatu
This thread is f*cking stupid.

The guy is getting beat up more than any other QB in the NFL right now. The pass protection is the worst I have ever seen in my life as a Chiefs fan. There is exactly one guy who can get open lately and Gonzo is getting mugged on just about every down.

Did you even watch the game...? :hmmm:

Miles
Why is Killian in NFLE and not on the sidelines learning the game? So Collins and Huard could back him up?

Collins is as old as Green and when is the last time he threw a pass in an NFL game? Who is Huard compared to Killain?

It doesn't make sense.

No shit. Having two old backups doesnt exacly make much sense.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes but it's not as easy as just saying "Ok we suck , now lets cut everyone and start over". Doing that is hard ,you have to have a plan? Do you have one, or are you just one of those "oh shit the sky is falling, let's cut everyone" guys?

Well I think after this year it's time for the Chiefs to bite the bullet and take the cap hits and start over. I doubt Carl will commit to being 4-12 for 2 years but I think that's probably the best thing for the team to get rid of some of these bad contracts we have. But also to do that you have to have good drafts and I'm not sure this team can do that.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I think most of us knew that this team was going to have to be rebuilt after this season. The majority of the team needs to be rebuilt there's some guys we have to build around but not many.

Waters, Gonzalez, Johnson on offense, Allen, Johnson possibly Mitchell on defense. After that it start's dropping off about what pieces we really have to build the future around. There may be some young players that step up when given a chance to play more a Keyaron Fox possible there are some other names.

I'm just saying after this year most of the guys who are over 30 should start being let go. There are some exceptions to the rule but not many.

If Trent wants to play a few more years I personally have no problem with him coming back since we have no other QB around. But in that time we need to draft one to get ready to take over. If Richardson wants to come back he's still productive so as long as he's not overly expensive I have no issue there either.

So I hope you try to see what I'm saying with this. After this year guys who are getting older who are declining making alot of money or flat out unproductive need to be let go.

We do have some players to build around, especially on defense:

Starters - Waters, Welbourn, Johnson, Gonzales
And I think there's merit in keeping Parker and Wilson

Starters - Allen, Mitchell, Johnson
And I think there's merit in keeping Sims, Wilkerson, Hall, Bell

The way I see it, our biggest needs next season are OT, WR, and CB...

Cochise
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM

I hear the Rams are recruiting. 4321

Fishpicker
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I cant blame Trent for the imploding pocket. aside from Gonzales noone was getting open. a terrible game all around but Trent didnt cost us the game.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
We do have some players to build around, especially on defense:

Starters - Waters, Welbourn, Johnson, Gonzales
And I think there's merit in keeping Parker and Wilson

Starters - Allen, Mitchell, Johnson
And I think there's merit in keeping Sims, Wilkerson, Hall, Bell

The way I see it, our biggest needs next season are OT, WR, and CB...

I'm not sure what kinda money Carlos Hall is going to want he's a free agent after this season. If Kendrell Bell is going to be used like he's being used now he needs to be cut. The way his contract is structured we save a ton of money cutting him after this year. Right now he's basically a waste because he's being misused, if he's going to always be used the way he's being used now he's a waste of money. I place Bells lack of production on the coaches more than him.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I hear the Rams are recruiting. 4321

Sorry jack@ss, I guess I don't have as rosy of an outlook as you.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure what kinda money Carlos Hall is going to want he's a free agent after this season. If Kendrell Bell is going to be used like he's being used now he needs to be cut. The way his contract is structured we save a ton of money cutting him after this year. Right now he's basically a waste because he's being misused, if he's going to always be used the way he's being used now he's a waste of money. I place Bells lack of production on the coaches more than him.

Look at it this way:

Neither Bell nor Hall are going to command big contracts next year - they look like shit playing for this staff.

I have faith that Gunther will be gone after this season, along with the rest of the coaches. I just hope the new coach will use Bell correctly.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Look at it this way:

Neither Bell nor Hall are going to command big contracts next year - they look like shit playing for this staff.

I have faith that Gunther will be gone after this season, along with the rest of the coaches. I just hope the new coach will use Bell correctly.

Well Bell's contract get's bigger pretty quickly. It's just a matter of if you think he's worth that. I think he has a 4 or 5 million dollar roster bonus following this season. I'm just not sure it's worth keeping Bell's contract at this point unless whoever the new staff is, is convinced he can be a playmaker in their defense.

Hall can probably be resigned cheaply based on what he's doing this year but he is a Rosenhaus guy.......

stevieray
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Well Bell's contract get's bigger pretty quickly. It's just a matter of if you think he's worth that. I think he has a 4 or 5 million dollar roster bonus following this season. I'm just not sure it's worth keeping Bell's contract at this point unless whoever the new staff is, is convinced he can be a playmaker in their defense.

Hall can probably be resigned cheaply based on what he's doing this year but he is a Rosenhaus guy.......

quick, start a draft thread.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
quick, start a draft thread.

I'm sorry that you have no desire to look forward to the future.....the NFL draft is one of my favorite days of the year.

KChiefsQT
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
With our strong offensive line (the past) GREEN = great numbers
With our present offensive line GREEN= not great numbers

With our offensive line withering away so is our Qbs talent. When you have all the time in the world to get the ball off...like he's had the leisure of being apart of in the past, how could his numbers be anything less than fantastic. The guy had a couple great years because of the talent that was in front of him. Not saying Green is talentless at all.... but so much of that came from the big guys up front.

Cochise
11-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Sorry jack@ss, I guess I don't have as rosy of an outlook as you.

Since you hate the Chiefs, I got you an early X-Mas present

:hmmm:

NewChief
11-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm an idiot.

First intelligent thing you've said the whole thread.

Bowser
11-13-2005, 06:01 PM

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Guys like Trent Green have given so much to this organization
As true as the first time it was said, and every time thereafter, Trent Green has never won an important game.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry that you have no desire to look forward to the future.....the NFL draft is one of my favorite days of the year.

You don't know what my desire is. I love draft day. Especially in week nine.

Chiefaholic
11-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Amazing... I find it amazing how all the armchair QB come out of the closet after a bad performance. If you guys had your wish on every person you wanted to run out of town, we'de short Green, Hall, Gonzo, Priest, Johnson, most (if not all) the defense, Vermeil, Peterson, lamar... The list goes on and on...

Now, let be point out something to you that was a problem in Trent's first season. This is a TIMING offense. Trent doesn't throw to the WR, he throws to a spot on the field where the WR's supposed to be at. If the OL doesn't do their job, how is this offense supposed to work? We lose half the damn playbook because Trent cant drop back 5-7 steps to throw. Sure Trent is partially to blame. But, don't even attempt to put this loss on him when the O-Line (Black in particular) couldn't stop a freakin four man rush.

Now, go ahead and negative rep me because you can't handle the truth. Thank God you people aren't my boss at work.

FringeNC
11-13-2005, 06:20 PM
As true as the first time it was said, and every time thereafter, Trent Green has never won an important game.

Ummm...what more could Green have done in the playoff game against Indy? He can't throw it and catch it, or play D. Trent Green played about as well as a QB can play in his only big game as a Chief.

I'll take a pitcher with a low ERA over one that has a good W-L record any day. One is a good predictor of future success; one is not.

TinyEvel
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Just gotta voice my protest.
Don't leave Trent holding the hot potato in this.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
You don't know what my desire is. I love draft day. Especially in week nine.

Dude, you know I love you. I absolutely admire your dedication.

But do you HONESTLY believe that this season will end up in any way other than the team sitting on the couch watching the playoffs?

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:23 PM
If you guys had your wish on every person you wanted to run out of town, we'de short Green, Hall, Gonzo, Priest, Johnson, most (if not all) the defense, Vermeil, Peterson, lamar... The list goes on and on...
Never in my life said a bad thing about Gonzo or Priest, unless you count me lamenting how they were destined to waste their careers here. Never had a bad thing to say about Hall, but I wish he'd stay a returner and stop gassing himself as an undersized mediocre receiver. The rest, I'm completely fine with leaving today.

penchief
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Just gotta voice my protest.
Don't leave Trent holding the hot potato in this.

Not blaming him soley but when you break it down........

LJ had a great game.

The defese stepped up big time.

After that, what's left?

The Offensive line, the quarterback, and the special teams........

All of which played poorly.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Ummm...what more could Green have done in the playoff game against Indy? He can't throw it and catch it, or play D. Trent Green played about as well as a QB can play in his only big game as a Chief.

I'll take a pitcher with a low ERA over one that has a good W-L record any day. One is a good predictor of future success; one is not.
So . . . he . . . Haaaassss ???? . . . won an important game????

No?

Ok, didn't think so.

NewChief
11-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Amazing... I find it amazing how all the armchair QB come out of the closet after a bad performance. If you guys had your wish on every person you wanted to run out of town, we'de short Green, Hall, Gonzo, Priest, Johnson, most (if not all) the defense, Vermeil, Peterson, lamar... The list goes on and on...

Now, let be point out something to you that was a problem in Trent's first season. This is a TIMING offense. Trent doesn't throw to the WR, he throws to a spot on the field where the WR's supposed to be at. If the OL doesn't do their job, how is this offense supposed to work? We lose half the damn playbook because Trent cant drop back 5-7 steps to throw. Sure Trent is partially to blame. But, don't even attempt to put this loss on him when the O-Line (Black in particular) couldn't stop a freakin four man rush.

Now, go ahead and negative rep me because you can't handle the truth. Thank God you people aren't my boss at work.

Actually, go ahead and lay this game on him. I'm perfectly fine saying that Trent had a horrible game and had a huge part in this loss. That being said, going over the top and claiming that he flat out sucks is stupid.

Rausch
11-13-2005, 06:28 PM

No?

Ok, didn't think so.

Nope.

Him and Payed-a-ton Manning are in the same camp...

NewChief
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Nope.

Yeah, well. He sucks, too.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Well Manning has won some playoff games atleast......

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Nope.

Same camp?
Not even the same f*cking ballpark.
Manning hasn't won an AFC championship game, but he was won MANY important games. Games to secure homefield when it was on the line. Games to secure a Division championship when it was on the line. Playoff games. plenty of important games.

tk13
11-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Same camp?
Manning hasn't won an AFC championship game, but he was won MANY important games. Games to secure homefield when it was on the line. Games to secure a Division championship when it was on the line. Playoff games. plenty of important games.
And Trent hasn't won games that secured division championships and homefield?...

funk monkey
11-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I know what u mean..we cant play on road games, and it always took green until second quarter to get started, except for today, he just had an off game.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
And Trent hasn't won games that secured division championships and homefield?...
That was cemented by one, ONE, 1, (1), I, and only one, 9-0 start, before the important games came up. From then on we were 3-4 against some crappy teams.

tk13
11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
That was cemented by one, ONE, 1, (1), I, and only one, 9-0 start, before the important games came up. From then on we were 3-4 against some crappy teams.
Well, I'm not exactly sure how playing well enough to start 9-0 is not "important". I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. There are only 16 games, they are all "important".

the Talking Can
11-13-2005, 07:20 PM

No?

Ok, didn't think so.

this isn't tennis...football is a team sport....

we had the best offense in the league for 3 years and the organiztion wasted it on shitty defensive players and shitty coaches

taking it all out on Trent, who has been a ****ing warrior for us, is shitty...but not surprising..you deserve a 1000 years of Grbac...

ChiefsLV
11-13-2005, 07:22 PM
It takes a mighty shitty season to get a Manning. Are you guys prepared for that? Even then it's no sure thing. QB is the hardest position to get a good player at. Lotsa variables in developing a QB.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:24 PM
It takes a mighty shitty season to get a Manning. Are you guys prepared for that? Even then it's no sure thing. QB is the hardest position to get a good player at. Lotsa variables in developing a QB.

I won't lie about this, I think part of the reason the Chiefs haven't gotten a marquee player in the draft. Is because they have just enough players in the bad years to go 6-10 instead of 3-13. Personally for the future of the team I can take that if it means being better in the future.

But I know alot of other people can't take it and aren't that patient.

JBucc
11-13-2005, 07:25 PM
I won't lie about this, I think part of the reason the Chiefs haven't gotten a marquee player in the draft. Is because they have just enough players in the bad years to go 6-10 instead of 3-13. Personally for the future of the team I can take that if it means being better in the future.

But I know alot of other people can't take it and aren't that patient.I wouldn't have minded going 0-16 this year if we could get that guy in your sig.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
taking it all out on Trent
Trent is the subject at hand.
I hate the rest of the team just as much.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Not blaming him soley but when you break it down........

LJ had a great game.
LJ had a great game gaining yardage. He absolutely sucked pass blocking and protecting Green. You and I musta watched different games today.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't have minded going 0-16 this year if we could get that guy in your sig.

I'd have loved that seeing my favorite college teams QB come to the Chiefs. I'll get to watch him go to the Saints or some team like that instead......sometimes things aren't fair.

penchief
11-13-2005, 07:58 PM
LJ had a great game gaining yardage. He absolutely sucked pass blocking and protecting Green. You and I musta watched different games today.

LJ did have a great game. As far as pass blocking goes I can agree with your assessment. But you should also be able to admit that none of LJ's assignments laid a hand on Green. While I will admit that he did not block them efficiently and completely, at the same time he did not allow them to get to Green. Am I correct in that assessment?

luv
11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Last week, he did awesome and got praised by many. This week, he sucked, and now everyone hates him. Lets forget about the QB we had before him, and how much better Trent is. It may be time for him to retire, but I wouldn't say, overall, that he sucks.

ChiefsLV
11-13-2005, 08:08 PM
LJ did have a great game. As far as pass blocking goes I can agree with your assessment. But you should also be able to admit that none of LJ's assignments laid a hand on Green. While I will admit that he did not block them efficiently and completely, at the same time he did not allow them to get to Green. Am I correct in that assessment?

No, I recall a sack directly from a guy that LJ was blocking who was able to blow past him and get to Green. It came in from the right side (think it was a blitzing LB). There were others that, even though the defender wasnt able to get a hand on Green, he was hurried to throw because LJ didn't block his man effectively enough. Had Trent held on any longer, he would have been sacked. These things should improve with more playing time though. And whether LJ picks up the blitz or not, we still have the issue with the rest of the o-line allowing to much pressure when the other team doesn't blitz. They just beat us one on one.

Frankie
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
No you aren't. If you taped the game, watch it. In at least two occasions his man blew by him and got to Green. I bet there were more if I could spot two of them.

Brock
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
What a bunch of stupid cocksuckers.

shaneo69
11-13-2005, 08:39 PM
What a bunch of stupid one who sucks the peniss.

Coherent much?

Brock
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Coherent much?

I'm just glad to hear you finally admit you hate the team.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm just glad to hear you finally admit you hate the team.
Was that somehow unclear?

I've said for some time now, I look on the Chiefs as a child who is a heroin addict.
You'll always love them, but at some point, all the stealing TVs and chugging cock for fix money gets a little embarassing. Not to mention the body odor.
Then every once and a while they get straight for a day or two and you can see your little boy or girl buried in there, but you know, you know in your gut, the suck is sure to return.
For some time I've loved them without liking them much. Now I'm ready to write them off and move on to more edifying pursuits..

Brock
11-13-2005, 08:53 PM
For some time I've loved them without liking them much. Now I'm ready to write them off and move on to more edifying pursuits..

You'll be missed. I hear Rams jerseys are on sale at your local Kohl's.

KcMizzou
11-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Now I'm ready to write them off and move on to more edifying pursuits..I thought you did that nearly a year ago.

Black Jack Savage
11-13-2005, 08:56 PM

I've said for some time now, I look on the Chiefs as a child who is a heroin addict.
You'll always love them, but at some point, all the stealing TVs and chugging cock for fix money gets a little embarassing. Not to mention the body odor.
Then every once and a while they get straight for a day or two and you can see your little boy or girl buried in there, but you know, you know in your gut, the suck is sure to return.

I'm ashamed to be from the same college as this guy. I sat next to a dude like this last week, he bitched and pissed and moaned the whole f*cking game, and then left with 2 goddamned minutes left after the Raiders went ahead. What a dumb cocksucker that guy was.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM

I think it is quite clear that you are fair weather fan.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM
You'll be missed. I hear Rams jerseys are on sale at your local Kohl's.
What does that even mean?
I mean, not that would become a Rams fan. But to become one at this point wouldn't exactly be bandwaggoning. The Rams suck, too. Have for a while.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Shaneo he was knocked down 57 times not 57 more then the next person

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I think it is quite clear that you are fair weather fan.
Oh just go f*ck yourself, Mr. Joined in 2003 [when was that? of when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. That's right.] Mr. 4k posts. I haven't missed a minute of Chiefs games, preseason or otherwise, since I was 16, more than half my life. I had to fight, physically fight, Bears fans to watch Chiefs games in the common areas up at school. Skipped church, ready for the disapproving glances when I returned. Made a lot of people I crossed paths with say "nice guy, but that Chief's fans stuff is just a little over the top. Watched as St. Louis jumped on the bandwagon all around me and never back down in defense of the team, until the last couple of years. Now when people say "Chiefs suck" all I can do is shrug 'yep, what can I say? I have no standards.' Empircally they are correct. Denying it just makes ME look like MORE of an idiot.
Maybe if you were a better fan, you'd have the persective to see the decline into Bengalery that has occured.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Same camp?

Didn't we win a division title and home field in 2003?

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh just go f*ck yourself. I haven't missed a minute of Chiefs games, preseason or otherwise, since I was 16, more than half my life. I had to fight, physically fight, Bears fans to watch Chiefs games in the common areas up at school. Watched as St. Louis jumped on the bandwagon all around me and never back down in defense of the team, until the last couple of years. Now when people say "Chiefs suck" all I can do is shrug 'yep, what can I say? I have no standards.' Empircally they are correct. Denying it just makes ME look like MORE of an idiot.

When you write "Now I'm ready to write them off and move on to more edifying pursuits.." that is a fair weather fan.

I may hate how the team plays,the decisions the FO makes but I will never stop being a Chiefs fan. NEVER. But you seem to just want to give up after a frustrating loss/season.

Whatever I have no respect for quitters anyway.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh just go f*ck yourself, Mr. Joined in 2003 [when was that? of when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. That's right.] Mr. 4k posts.
Maybe if you were a better fan, you'd have the persective to see the decline into Bengalery that has occured.

Wow I didn't realize post count means that I am not a true Chiefs fan like you. I have been a Chiefs fan since I was a teenager asswipe and I didn't know this board existed until 2003. I worked at Arrowhead for 5 years 1990-1995 and I attended every home game and watched some magical games and some disappointing losses so DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION MY LOYALTY TO THIS TEAM.

So does that mean you have only been a Chiefs fan since 2000?

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:13 PM
When you write "Now I'm ready to write them off and move on to more edifying pursuits.." that is a fair weather fan.

I may hate how the team plays,the decisions the FO makes but I will never stop being a Chiefs fan. NEVER. But you seem to just want to give up after a frustrating loss/season.

Whatever I have no respect for quitters anyway.
How many TVs would you let your crackhead daughter steal from you? Would it make you feel better to know that every TV she steals is 2 or 3 cocks she won't have to suck?
I'll be back for WHATEVER comes, the instant The Crybaby and The Mormon Whisperer are gone for good. All forgiven, fresh start.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow I didn't realize post count means that I am not a true Chiefs fan like you. I have been a Chiefs fan since I was a teenager asswipe and I didn't know this board existed until 2003.
Don't like your fandom questioned? Well goll-eee.
Think about that next time.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:15 PM
How many TVs would you let your crackhead daughter steal from you? Would it make you feel better to know that every TV she steals is 2 or 3 cocks she won't have to suck?
I'll be back for WHATEVER comes, the instant The Crybaby and The Mormon Whisperer are gone for good. All forgiven, fresh start.

We ain't talking about a crack baby we are talking about a damn PRO football team. Big difference.

Are you going to stop loving your child just because they fail? Man you would be a shitty parent.

Baby Lee
DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION MY LOYALTY TO THIS TEAM.
Words to live by, . . . Mr. Nice Friendly Man.

Woodrow Call
Oh just go f*ck yourself, Mr. Joined in 2003 [when was that? of when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. That's right.] Mr. 4k posts.

Saying he is not a real fan based on post count and member date is pretty much the lamest thing have ever read on chiefsplanet. I dont give a shit if you have been here since 2000 and have 20,000 posts that is retarded.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't like your fandom questioned? Well goll-eee.
Think about that next time.

Fair enough my apologies if I offended you.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Saying he is not a real fan based on post count and member date is pretty much the lamest thing have ever read on chiefsplanet. I dont give a shit if you have been here since 2000 and have 20,000 posts that is retarded.
Pay attention.

Logical
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
This thread is just sad, and Shaneo should avoid posting and drinking.

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Fair enough my apologies if I offended you.
And my prior f*ckface remark was . . . all . . in . . jest?

I hope I made my point, and apologize as well for my temper.

You think I LIKE hating these guys?

Coach
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM

I'm with you.

Yes, there'll be times that I will go on a swearing rampage because our shit-for-brains front office can't figure out who the f**k to bring in, or not even bother bringing anyone in. (see 2004 off-season)

There'll be times that I will give out big swear words because of our don't-know-how-to-call-a-proper-f**king play/decide who the hell to play coaching staff, or make any adjustments. (see current season) I would go on like "You f**king know what? I'd be f**king glad to be the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs for minimum wage. Hey Carl! Give me a f**king call!"

I remember the Chiefs being 6-10 in 2001. I still was at my same spot every Chiefs game, on my recliner, with the remote in my hand, and a beer in my left hand, rooting for them, regardless of their W/L record. Same thing in 2004. A losing record, yet, I still am at my usual spot. And I will always be on my recliner, on the computer, with the remote on my right hand, and my beer on the left, rooting for the Chiefs, as usual in the future.

Nothing will break my love to the Kansas City Chiefs. Period.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:22 PM
And my prior f*ckface remark was . . . all . . in . . jest?

I hope I made my point, and apologize as well for my temper.

You think I LIKE hating these guys?

Cool.

Probably not and I am not happy either but I don't hate them. I am disappointed but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to you. The losses hurt less and the wins don't get me excited as much either.

I can't wait DV and this staff is gone so we can start clean.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm with you.

Yes, there'll be times that I will go on a swearing rampage because our shit-for-brains front office can't figure out who the f**k to bring in, or not even bother bringing anyone in. (see 2004 off-season)

There'll be times that I will give out big swear words because of our don't-know-how-to-call-a-proper-f**king play/decide who the hell to play coaching staff, or make any adjustments. (see current season) I would go on like "You f**king know what? I'd be f**king glad to be the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs for minimum wage. Hey Carl! Give me a f**king call!"

I remember the Chiefs being 6-10 in 2001. I still was at my same spot every Chiefs game, on my recliner, with the remote in my hand, and a beer in my left hand, rooting for them, regardless of their W/L record. Same thing in 2004. A losing record, yet, I still am at my usual spot. And I will always be on my recliner, on the computer, with the remote on my right hand, and my beer on the left, rooting for the Chiefs, as usual in the future.

Great post Coach and I am with you brother. :thumb:

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Cool.

Probably not and I am not happy either but I don't hate them. I am disappointed but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to you. The losses hurt less and the wins don't get me excited as much either.

I can't wait DV and this staff is gone so we can start clean.
Sounds like you've ALREADY written them off more than I have managed to.

A little perspective, too, from my end. A really good friend needed some help today, and while I eventually went over and helped him out, I went though this whole. I have to see the game, . . . yes it actually is on TV . . . yeah I could tape it, but then it wouldn't be in HD . . . well yeah, I have HD TiVO on the computer, but it only has a 19" screen.
Then I'm skulking over to help him out 4 hours later with my patented "I'm an asshole loser obsessed with a shitty team" look on my face, and I guess it just burned me up a little.
This after spending all day yesterday working our church's Annual Turkey dinner, and explaning to congregant after congregant "here's the deal, you'll see me again in January. . . JAAANN-U-ARY."

Der Flöprer
11-13-2005, 09:33 PM

This is far and away the most moronic football related post I've seen on this board. EVER!!! I'm not even going to spell out why. It should be f*cking obvious. 1 bad game, and this. ROFL

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds like you've ALREADY written them off more than I have managed to.

A little perspective, too, from my end. A really good friend needed some help today, and while I eventually went over and helped him out, I went though this whole. I have to see the game, . . . yes it actually is on TV . . . yeah I could tape it, but then it wouldn't be in HD . . . well yeah, I have HD TiVO on the computer, but it only has a 19" screen.
Then I'm skulking over to help him out 4 hours later with my patented "I'm an asshole loser obsessed with a shitty team" look on my face, and I guess it just burned me up a little.

Not really I just have learned to ride the waves if you know what I mean. After the heartbreakers in 95,97 and then 2003 I just decided it wasn't healthy for me to get so emotional except when we play the Broncos or in the playoffs.

I think everyone is just pissed off in general and disappointed and I apologize again for my attitude towards you.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Shane,
Hang in there. Maybe Carl will die tomorrow.

stevieray
11-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Not really I just have learned to ride the waves if you know what I mean. After the heartbreakers in 95,97 and then 2003 I just decided it wasn't healthy for me to get so emotional except when we play the Broncos or in the playoffs.

I think everyone is just pissed off in general and disappointed and I apologize again for my attitude towards you.

stop apologizing, BL isn't going anywhere.

jidar
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM
The line might have put on the worst performance of an o-line by any team this week. Green had NO time for anything. I don't know how you can put this shit on green.

Tuckdaddy
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM

2003 we played them. Hall took one to the house.

Raiderhader
11-13-2005, 10:33 PM

This place is unreal.

No shit. I take losses hard and everything, but gawdamn.

Raiderhader
11-13-2005, 10:34 PM
You're right. Kudos. My bad. I'm an idiot.

At least you admit it.

Raiderhader
11-13-2005, 10:37 PM

You cannot seriously be serious with this post, can you?

Seriously, are you serious about this? Because I seriously cannot see how you could seriously be serious with this comment.

Raiderhader
11-13-2005, 10:38 PM

The OLine was brought up before, and way more often than Priest.

Raiderhader
11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
I thought you did that nearly a year ago.

Here's the deal, that kid addicted to herion analogy that BL used can be aptly applied to him as well.

Every once in a while he sobers up and swears he's going to live a clean life, but he just can't fight that addiction off for very long, and he goes right back to sucking that c#ck.*

*Sorry Johnny, it was just teed up too high for me.

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Sorry dudes but I can't bash Trent. A "Farve" like fastball he has never had. Thats not his game. His game is not making mistakes and accurate throws. Providing leadership in the locker room and on the field.

I still have fresh memories of Elvis to remember how lucky we are. Besides Montana Trent is the best QB we have ever had since Lenny the cool.

Johnson&Johnson
11-14-2005, 01:46 AM
I blame thee entire CBS NFL Today crew for picking KC to win the game and especially Shannon SH*t Sharpie for picking us too! Dammit all three of you ass**** sucked and jinx my team. 3 because I met Boomer E once and he's real cool guy and very down-to-earth person (this was back in the days too when he was good).

Johnson&Johnson
11-14-2005, 01:50 AM
BLAME AL SAUNDERS

I want AL's head chopped!!!!!!

he gets outcoached on games lieks these over and over.

DAMMIT!!! all we needed was 2 TD. I don't care what Losman did with those two lucky TD! For all I know, Lee Evans was non-existance for 8 weeks and then Jp comes in and toss two freaking bombs to Evans. Sh*t. I still like having Warfield in there. But damn...our offense is so pathetic, we own the time of possession and Lj was running the ball so well. But AS gets all cutesy again when we get into the redzone. why can't we just pound the rock when nobody on the o-line seems to know 'pass protection" !!!!!! :banghead:

Saggysack
11-14-2005, 03:05 AM

That's taking it a little bit to the extremes, isn't it? I mean, with all due respect. The Chiefs are in reality, only a football team that plays a game we enjoy watching. Would you watch the Kansas City Chiefs if they played lacrosse?

Didn't think so.

CHIEF4EVER
11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Holy cow. How quickly the wheat seperates from the chaff when adversity strikes. Well, it is now easy to see who the fans are and who the bandwagon riding no football knowledge having turncoats are.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.

Green had a bad game on Sunday. It was pretty much his fault.

Yes, the protection was bad. However, on two of his interceptions he had plenty of time to throw the ball. He stepped up in the pocket and rifled the ball right to Buffalo defenders. That's inexcusable.

Given Green's history, this is probably his "bad game" for the year.

jspchief
11-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Sucks < Green < Great

He doesn't suck. He's not great either.

When things are firing on all cylinders, he's great. When things are going average, he's decent. When the going gets tough, he's usually pretty bad.

Green will never be a guy who I want to put the game on his shoulders. He might be capable of carrying the team on occasion, but I know better than to expect it of him. I've accepted that he is largely a product of the system and the players around him.

What I do know is he is better than most QBs in this league, and the list of guys I want over him is short.

I do put the loss squarely on him. Not the O-line, LJ's blocking, or Warfield. Had he not thrown 3 INTs and fumbled once, I would put it on the O-line. But pressure is not an excuse to turn the ball over 4 times.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Sucks < Green < Great

He doesn't suck. He's not great either.

When things are firing on all cylinders, he's great. When things are going average, he's decent. When the going gets tough, he's usually pretty bad.

Green will never be a guy who I want to put the game on his shoulders. He might be capable of carrying the team on occasion, but I know better than to expect it of him. I've accepted that he is largely a product of the system and the players around him.

What I do know is he is better than most QBs in this league, and the list of guys I want over him is short.

I do put the loss squarely on him. Not the O-line, LJ's blocking, or Warfield. Had he not thrown 3 INTs and fumbled once, I would put it on the O-line. But pressure is not an excuse to turn the ball over 4 times.

I consider this post 100% accurate, I don't think it could be put much better.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 08:48 AM

Yup. As I said, he typically has one awful game a year. Let's hope he's gotten it out of his system.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM

And which game(s) were you posting Trent's stats from anyway?That did it, you just earned a rep bomb bitch. Go ahead and get the fug off the bandwaggon asshole.

Garcia Bronco
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I just don't understand how people get off saying stuff like this. Green doesn't suck.....it's hard to throw a good ball when you can't setup in the pocket. The guy for all his faults is a team guy....can manage a game....and throw a pretty good ball. The problem for KC is in the trenches...both d-line and now the o-line. LJ as you guys realized yesterday...is not the blocker that Holmes is..nor has the vision. But after all Trent has done at KC...it takes some nerve to call him out like this.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I just don't understand how people get off saying stuff like this. Green doesn't suck.....it's hard to throw a good ball when you can't setup in the pocket. The guy for all his faults is a team guy....can manage a game....and throw a pretty good ball. The problem for KC is in the trenches...both d-line and now the o-line. LJ as you guys realized yesterday...is not the blocker that Holmes is..nor has the vision. But after all Trent has done at KC...it takes some nerve to call him out like this.

Well when a guy has 4 turnovers and this was his 3rd straight game with a fumble. People just get frustrated, I know I do. This season wasn't suppose to be this way, we're just all very frustrated with alot of things.

HemiEd
11-14-2005, 11:24 AM

I agree with this completely, nice post!

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Every QB has a bad game from time to time. Trent Green is the least of our worries. This thread is a giant over-reaction to someone who isn't at the core of the problem.

Demonpenz
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
i guess you guy's rather still have grbac

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-14-2005, 11:32 AM
i guess you guy's rather still have grbac
Bono please.

angel
11-14-2005, 11:32 AM
nicely put

Mecca
11-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Dave Krieg and Trent have all taken the Chiefs to the playoffs the same amount of times.

Greens better than those guys and we did it a diferent way with him. But that still put's some things into perspective.

Garcia Bronco
11-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Well when a guy has 4 turnovers and this was his 3rd straight game with a fumble. People just get frustrated, I know I do. This season wasn't suppose to be this way, we're just all very frustrated with alot of things.

I'm with ya...Jake Plummer is my QB...and he's been a good Bronco QB...I don't even hold his AZ daze against him anymore. The truth is...because of inconsistent line play...Green has more to worry about in the passing game....the makes from some bad throws on it's own. but obviously he's better than how he's been playing...and losing a parent is a difficult thing to come to grips with...that might be playing a factor into the recent troubles of focus.....plus he's got to be worried about his leg too. These mental problems have all come at a bad time.

MOhillbilly
11-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Trent is a warrior,he put this team on his shoulders long ago and ran w/ it.
for those who say trent isnt anygood need to realise how bad it could be.I for one want him in KC as long as possible its not his fault the coaches and front office have bungled things.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Even the all time great players had bad games.

I understand frustration, but this thread is ridamndiculous.

Chief Henry
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Trent is a warrior,he put this team on his shoulders long ago and ran w/ it.
for those who say trent isnt anygood need to realise how bad it could be.I for one want him in KC as long as possible its not his fault the coaches and front office have bungled things.

REP

Demonpenz
non of those guys would dive for the first downs they would slide or get out of bounds like pussies. Yesterday not only did green get knocked in his ass most the game he even tried to make a tackle and got blown up. Remember that block against buffalo? The guy is a leader, always classy in the media, never flips off the fans, and we people still get mad at him.

NewChief
Even the all time great players had bad games.

I understand frustration, but this thread is ridamndiculous.

Agreed. I think the majority of the Planet agrees as well. I was actually surprised to wake up this morning and see shane69's rep still in the green, in all honesty.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Agreed. I think the majority of the Planet agrees as well. I was actually surprised to wake up this morning and see shane69's rep still in the green, in all honesty.

Now that you mention it, it is kind of surprising. I didn't waste my time with sending any neg rep his way, and I don't think I will. It's much more fun just to mock the idiot. But alot of people seem to think rep is a great way to get the point across, so it is surprising.

KCTitus
11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Blood in the water...panic in the streets...dogs and cats sleeping together.

This is when the Planet is at its best.

shaneo69
11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.

Green had a bad game on Sunday. It was pretty much his fault.

Yes, the protection was bad. However, on two of his interceptions he had plenty of time to throw the ball. He stepped up in the pocket and rifled the ball right to Buffalo defenders. That's inexcusable.

Given Green's history, this is probably his "bad game" for the year.

That's all well and good, but his one "bad" game of the year just got us knocked out of the playoffs.

He didn't play well in the Bronco game. His pick6 against the Eagles turned the momentum in that game. He was 7-12 for 35 yards in the first half of the Charger game when SD took a 21-3 lead. And then yesterday, his "bad" game of the year.

Yes Trent has been a good guy in the community, he doesn't miss a game, and he has put up good numbers when he's had an all-star O-line in front of him, but for the chunk of dough he forced us to pay him after the 2002 season, he should be doing more. All he's done is lead us to a mediocre draft position every year while taking up a large amount of our salary cap.

I will also agree that he's been our best starting QB besides Dawson and Montana, but is beating out Cotton Davidson, Mike Livingston, Steve Fuller, Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac that high of an honor?

MOhillbilly
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
That's all well and good, but his one "bad" game of the year just got us knocked out of the playoffs.

He didn't play well in the Bronco game. His pick6 against the Eagles turned the momentum in that game. He was 7-12 for 35 yards in the first half of the Charger game when SD took a 21-3 lead. And then yesterday, his "bad" game of the year.

Yes Trent has been a good guy in the community, he doesn't miss a game, and he has put up good numbers when he's had an all-star O-line in front of him, but for the chunk of dough he forced us to pay him after the 2002 season, he should be doing more. All he's done is lead us to a mediocre draft position every year while taking up a large amount of our salary cap.

I will also agree that he's been our best starting QB besides Dawson and Montana, but is beating out Cotton Davidson, Mike Livingston, Steve Fuller, Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac that high of an honor?

it takes a TEAM effort.

L.T. 21
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
As some know, I lurk your forum all the time. One thing I can assure you..

TRENT GREEN DOES NOT SUCK!

As much as I hate other teams within the division (none more than the raiders, followed by donkeys), one player I do respect is Trent Green! The guy has been nothing but class in the NFL.

To be honest with all of you: Priest doesnt scare me, neither does Gonzales---you guessed it--Trent is the one Im most scared of.

angel
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
As some know, I lurk your forum all the time. One thing I can assure you..

TRENT GREEN DOES NOT SUCK!

As much as I hate other teams within the division (none more than the raiders, followed by donkeys), one player I do respect is Trent Green! The guy has been nothing but class in the NFL.

To be honest with all of you: Priest doesnt scare me, neither does Gonzales---you guessed it--Trent is the one Im most scared of.
I second that

L.T. 21
11-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Theres a big difference between RUN BLCKING in which your team is far by the best in the AFC, vs. Pass protection.

L.T. 21
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING--THE SKY IS FALLING!

Coach
11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
That's taking it a little bit to the extremes, isn't it? I mean, with all due respect. The Chiefs are in reality, only a football team that plays a game we enjoy watching. Would you watch the Kansas City Chiefs if they played lacrosse?

Didn't think so.

Well, considering that I am a fan, there isn't nothing wrong with taking it a little bit to the extremes. I'm aware of that they are just a football team that plays a game we all enjoy watching. I was referring to the Chiefs as a football team. There are things in life that are far more important than the Chiefs/football, don't get me wrong. I was trying to interpret that there are no other teams I would be in the bandwagon, except for the Chiefs.

I was just saying that watching them play, regardless of what their record is, keeps my mind off of world events/home events. I guess I consider it my 3-4 hours of vacation time away from the bills, work, etc.

cmh6476
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Would you rather have Trent Green or Alex Smith?

Guru
09-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Ok. This was a pointless thread bump.

theelusiveeightrop
09-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Would you rather have Trent Green or Alex Smith?

Alex Green?

cmh6476
09-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Ok. This was a pointless thread bump.

yeah I was trying to find some reactions to the news when we first signed Trent Green, but it only goes back 10 years :(

Baconeater
09-01-2014, 04:24 PM
A+ thread, would bump again.

cmh6476
09-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Is there an "Alex Smith fucking sucks" thread?

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
How does Trent Green suck? I love his play-by-play.

cmh6476
09-01-2014, 04:26 PM
IM still waiting for Green to win a big game......

I'm still waiting for a quality DeBerg thread PBJ PBJ PBJ

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Proof that even the best retread quarterbacks are never quite good enough.

WakkaWakka
Wow, really diggin aren't we?

theelusiveeightrop
I'm still waiting for a quality DeBerg thread PBJ PBJ PBJ

Wow

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Proof that even the best retread quarterbacks are never quite good enough.
We're looking at you Trent Dilfer!
http://www.youthclassic.org/banquet_images/dilfer03.jpg

cmh6476
09-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Wow

meh, I got nothing against the guy but I just follow everyone else, so I'm just piling on

gblowfish
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Do we have to dig up rants from 2005?

We've got plenty of rants going now, that are from this decade.

Carry on.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Proof that the usual suspects are not talented or knowledgeable enough to evaluate an NFL QB...

They need to go back to beating each other off over PFF stats...

KCChiefsFan88
09-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Trent Green = Alex Smith.

They are basically the same QB.

Alex Smith is more mobile, but the theme is the same with both… they need talent around them to succeed.

Knowing that… Dick Vermeil/Carl Peterson surrounded Trent Green with the best offensive line in football, best TE in football, one of the most versatile RB's in football, the best FB in football, and made attempts (although mostly failed attempts) to upgrade the WR position with the likes of Johnnie Morton, Eddie Kennison, etc.

Flash-forward a decade later and Andy Reid/John Dorsey have surrounded their QB of choice, Alex Smith with the worst offensive line in football, the worst group of WR's in football, and question marks at TE. To make matters worse they made ZERO attempt to upgrade the offensive line or WR positions during the offseason.

The ultimate insult for a Chiefs GM is to be outperformed by one Carl Peterson… and that is exactly what describes John Dorsey this past offseason.

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Trent Green = Alex Smith.

They are basically the same QB.

Don't insult Trent.

http://i.imgur.com/BO0k2mv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bkcqVYl.jpg

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 04:49 PM
QB rating is a better statistic to compare than passing yards.

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM

No it's not.

QB rating is a lie.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM

Not when cherry picking the PFF tree it isn't....

Agendas Bufkin, They must stick with the agenda...

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
So many yards, but only 17 TDs? Wut?

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
So many yards, but only 17 TDs? Wut?

That was Trent's last gasp.

Also the year LJ and Priest combined for 28 TD

Hootie 2.0
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I would say that, without a doubt in my mind, Alex Smith is as talented as Trent Green. I'd be willing to bet that in 5 years I'll consider Smith to be the best Chiefs QB of my lifetime (currently it is Trent Green).

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:02 PM
That was Trent's last gasp.

Also the year LJ and Priest combined for 28 TD

What were Trent Greens' numbers his first year in the new system in Kansas City compared to Alex's first season here?

296/523, 56.6% Comp, 3783 yards, 17 TDs, 24 INTs, 6-10 record

Yeeaaaa . . .

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I would say that, without a doubt in my mind, Alex Smith is as talented as Trent Green. I'd be willing to bet that in 5 years I'll consider Smith to be the best Chiefs QB of my lifetime (currently it is Trent Green).

Physical talent, I'd agree.

If only he played like him.

Trent:

http://i.imgur.com/AVVahfy.jpg

Alex:

http://i.imgur.com/QoMlzn6.jpg

With Alex as our QB we are not going to attack on offense. Almost never. We are going to take what the defense gives us, and sometimes even less.