PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Playoffs

CosmicPal
11-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Jacksonville's win over Baltimore today will certainly knock out us out of any contention for a playoff spot. Unless Denver loses today and all of the rest of their road games, we might, just might, have a chance.

Another season of high expectations shot all to hell. Nothing ever changes with this team...

B2chiefsfan
11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
It doesn't matter if the Chiefs make the playoffs, the Colts are winning it all this year. :shake:

carlos3652
11-13-2005, 03:02 PM
It so sad that the 1-7 Packers still have a shot of making the playoffs but the chiefs with a 5-4 record need to win out to even have a chance... ROFL

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I agree with cosmic. We won't get a wildcard spot this year with our schedule in comparison to the creampuff schedules of the other contending teams (and the fact that we aren't playing well).

Our only hope is that the Raiders beat the Broncos today, and that we can move on and win the division.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I know whats gonna happen....same thing as last year. Will will lose 3 or 4 more games, then the last 3 or 4 weeks of December, once the real pressure is off, we will begin to win 2 or 3 games in a row. Trent will continue to rack up the garbage time stats and in the off-season Carl Peterson and DV will declare that this team isnt that far off from being great.

CosmicPal
11-13-2005, 03:05 PM
We won't get a wildcard spot this year with our schedule in comparison to the creampuff schedules of the other contending teams (and the fact that we aren't playing well).

Sure would be nice if we could get a creampuff schedule like Jacksonville or Pittsburgh or Indy or gawd help us- any one of those NFC teams and their schedules.

CupidStunt
11-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Jacksonville isn't even a factor so long as we're 3rd in the division with 2 better teams ahead of us.

CosmicPal
11-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Jacksonville isn't even a factor so long as we're 3rd in the division with 2 better teams ahead of us.

If we want any chance at the last wild card spot, we'd have to have a better schedule than Jacksonville.

The ONLY way we can even get into the playoffs now is to win the division.

RINGLEADER
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
If we want any chance at the last wild card spot, we'd have to have a better schedule than Jacksonville.

The ONLY way we can even get into the playoffs now is to win the division.

I agree.

Cincy and/or Pittsburgh are going to win that division and end up with probably 11-12 wins. Jacksonville is going to have to really collapse against a bunch of below-.500 teams to not end up with 11 wins themselves.

To get in the Chiefs have to beat the Broncos, Patriots, Chargers and Bengals at home AND win two out of three against the Texans, Giants and Cowboys. After today I have little faith that they'll do either.

mnchief79
11-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Think the gap between expectations and the real talent on the field is wishful thinking for the playoffs. We're not close to that caliber right now and it's hard to admit it. Problem is I see no real desire from the org to make a drastic step to correct it....guess we'll see when draft time comes and FA opens up.

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Doesn't matter. I'm not interested in seeing a playoff game where we get out azz spanked on national TV again like in Denver or folding and playing soft like the Philly game.

Yeah King Carl is prone to saying that anything can happen once you make it to the tournament. And that is true to a point. But for that to be true you have to have some weapons. Not have any major holes. And thats just not us right now.

I've seen too many one and out playoff years. Not interested in another.I'd rather take my lumps. spend two years at 4-12 and 5-11 get some draft picks. Hope king Carl doesn't blow them. Spend the next 3 years after that with a realistic chance at getting that trophy.

chiefsfan987
11-13-2005, 06:45 PM
TD BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!! oooops, wrong thread.

the Talking Can
11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm optimistic, we might be 8-8....after Philly I figured 7-9

StcChief
11-13-2005, 06:57 PM
We are not that good, playoffs out of the question, baring major turn around and AFC opponent callapse.

8-8 seems very real. Save your pain and anguish and start planning a new rebuilding scheme now.

digi2fish
11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
...time to rebuild...
:shake:

chiefsfan1963
11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
If Chiefs win their next 3 games then we still have a chance. After that perhaps they will have made the necessary adjustments to win their next 3 out of 4 games getting them to 11-5 and making the playoffs.

This is what I'm hanging on right.

Even if the above does not come to past and we end up 10-6, I don't think the season was a total disaster no matter if we make the playoffs or not.

Right now it's tough being a Chief fan. I feel everyone's pain. It's almost 36 years since our last and only Super Bowl win.

chiefqueen
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
If Chiefs win their next 3 games then we still have a chance. After that perhaps they will have made the necessary adjustments to win their next 3 out of 4 games getting them to 11-5 and making the playoffs.

This is what I'm hanging on right.

Even if the above does not come to past and we end up 10-6, I don't think the season was a total disaster no matter if we make the playoffs or not.

Right now it's tough being a Chief fan. I feel everyone's pain. It's almost 36 years since our last and only Super Bowl win.

IMO it will be at least 41 years b/f a Super Bowl. Us making the playoffs this year was a one-shot deal. Next offseason will see the Chiefs undergo an overhaul in the front office, coaching staff, and on the field. Except for LJ & Waters, our entire offense will need to be rebuilt.

On defense, while our LB's are young Eric Hicks, Browning, Warfield, and Surtain will be beginning to "get up there"

IMO if we miss the playoffs this year the playoffs w/b out of the question at least until 2010.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Bye DV.