PDA

View Full Version : How many more years til we win a playoff game?

Braincase
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm serious as a freakin' heart attack. I see us losing at least three more games this year, with a best possible finish of 9-7. After that, Priest will retire (after making whatever roster bonus' he can earn in March), Roaf, Shields, Green, Richardson, Browning, Vermeil all retiring. We will be rebuilding to get back to .500 ball, which will take at least three years.

I see us maybe getting competitive in 2009 at the earliest.

Dammit. Pisses me off.

Phobia
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah - pretty painful.

Guru
11-13-2005, 04:26 PM
More like how many years before we make the playoffs again. :-)

5for5SB
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
As I stated before, next year's Chiefs are this year's Packers.

KCChiefsFan88
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Not until Carl Peterson is no longer employed by this organization

Wilson
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd be happier to tank a season that this 9-7 or 8-8 crap at this point.

If thier gonna shit the bed at least do it right.

KChiefsQT
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Damnit Carl!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM

We know. We know.

Thanks Ken. Where would we be without you repeating yourself over and over again...

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Brilliant analogy.

If they're gonna shit the bed, make sure you need to change the bedding.

Of course, with Peterson in charge, they'll just lay in it.

Chieftain58
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I have been a Chiefs fan for a long long time and this season is turning into crap! Broncos are good and we suck!!!!!!!!!!again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf is going on!!!!!!!!!

acasas4
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Have patience. Remember, this is a 5 year plan.:deevee:

KCChiefsFan88
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM

Why it won't matter. The Chiefs could go 0-16, but as long as Peterson keeps making Hunt $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and keeps Arrowhead full Hunt won't make a change.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
You really can't tell. I really think we are one great offseason away from being a contender. Unfortunately we can't develop enough young talent to keep up or make the right moves we need to be a contender. For every Jared Allen or LJ there's a Junior Siavii, Eric Downing, Craphonso Thorpe, Eddie Freeman and others that we seem to completely whiff on. We do well enough to field a competitive team but don't do what's necessary to put us over the hump.

TNTEICHER
11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Since it's obviously not going to happen this year I believe it will be 3-4 years down the road. The next two years are lookin pretty lean in my book.

milkman
I have been a Chiefs fan for a long long time and this season is turning into crap! Broncos are good and we suck!!!!!!!!!!again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf is going on!!!!!!!!!

I think it's called the "Peterson Principle".

The team will reach only a certain level of competence while Carl is in charge.

acasas4
I have been a Chiefs fan for a long long time and this season is turning into crap! Broncos are good and we suck!!!!!!!!!!again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf is going on!!!!!!!!!No sh*t. Seeing the Chiefs lose like this is bad enough. Watching the donks win like they have has been sickening. I really hate those f#ckers.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Have patience. Remember, this is a 5 year plan.:deevee:

I regret that no one noticed that Carl Peterson is a dog.

In human years, it would appear that we still have another 19 years to wait.

Cochise
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Before we are contenders we're going to need help on the O-line at guard and both tackle positions, some more help at CB, and a threat in the passing game besides Gonzalez. Pass rushing DT too.

redhed
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Why it won't matter. The Chiefs could go 0-16, but as long as Peterson keeps making Hunt $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and keeps Arrowhead full Hunt won't make a change.

This team goes 0-fer, 1-fer, 2-fer, 3-fer, or even 4-fer, and Arrowhead won't be full. The Phillly game illustrated that.
Can you imagine a 3 or 4 win sason?

acasas4
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
I regret that no one noticed that Carl Peterson is a dog.

In human years, it would appear that we still have another 19 years to wait.I don't appreciate you insulting dogs like that.

MGRS13
11-13-2005, 05:16 PM
I read your other thread about this and I know it's just something you heard on the radio(of course you thought of it first because you are such a great football mind) but you are wrong. The Packers are coming off a division championship, they thought they could still make another run. The Chiefs next year will know they are in a rebuilding mode. They will have no thoughts of making the playoffs. So where the Pack is afraid to bring in a new young QB (Aaron Rodgers) the chiefs won't be. Green will probably start but if we have a new young guy he will get more and more playing time as the season goes on. Most positions will be handled like this with vets giving way to younger players. The biggest differance though between the pack and chiefs is our currently young D will be better and better as the year goes on. So as you can see you are wrong we will not be next years pack....

CanadaKC
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Maybe we can trade up for Leinart? Give up two number ones for him?

5for5SB
11-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Wrong Military Grid Reference System. Go and look at Green Bay's defense. Grady Jackson 9 years, Al Harris 8 years. The rest are 6 years or less, with 3 or four being in 1st or 2nd year. Green Bay's defense is younger than the Chiefs.

NaptownChief
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Thinks can change very quick from good to bad and bad to good in this league so it is impossible to say with any certainty. However, on the surface the odds are it will be a while. The Oline will have two and maybe three big holes after Roaf and Shields are gone this off-season. CB is a major need as we clearly have nothing after Surtain. DT is still a big need and a DE to replace Hicks is needed. We have a very solid #2 WR in Kennison and absolutely zilch after him. Green is getting old and it is starting to show in his arm and our OLine will get him killed by the end of this season.

Throw in the fact that we are certain to have a new coaching regime come in this off-season or next so that will likely add another year or two of growing pains to the mess that is already in place. My guess would be two more seasons of struggle after this one and playoff success in the 3rd would be the soonest it would happen and that is if, and only if, they actually make a good hire with the new coaching staff. Reality could be really ugly for a long time if they make a bad choice for the next coach. Come to think of it that should make all Chief fans feel right at home.

the Talking Can
11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
how many more years on CP's contract?

vachief58
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
What can you do, before this year oline was our strength and now it is a weakness. Maybe we get lucky sometime.

JBucc
11-13-2005, 06:16 PM
We may not reach the playoffs for a while, everything seems to be timed horribly for us. When we had a great offense we had a horrible D. Now that the defense is getting good, our offense sucks, and by the time our offense is up to a high level again some of our defensive guys we brought in might be gone. This organization with this management can never have offense and defense at the same time it's always all out on one side and the other gets ignored. Replacing these guys on the line will be hard and we still have no pass rush. Then again who knows maybe Carl will have a heart attack and someone who knows what they're doing will take over.

Mr. Laz
11-13-2005, 06:16 PM
10 or 11 years ................... tops!!!

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
There will be no rebuilding. We will go 7-9 or 6-8 next year and the next few years. We will have a average defense and Trent, Tony G and LJ. We won't lose 12 games with those guys.

When do I think we will win a playoff game? 2009? maybe longer.

Going to be a lonely stretch for us "Real" fans.

Count Zarth
11-13-2005, 06:27 PM
We'll win the Super Bowl.

Some day.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEN IIIIIIII'M AWFUUUUUUULLY LOOOOOOOOOOW

I WILL FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL A GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

JUST THINKING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF YOUUUUUU!

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/vermeil_hall.jpg

And the way you look.

Tonight.

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/fantasy/01/08/back.page/p1_holmes_ap.jpg

StcChief
11-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Now needs fore build at on the
Offense
LT/RT think about LG/RG/QB for future.....
WR
Defense DT

Baby Lee
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
How many more years til we win a playoff game?
Within 2 years, 730 days, of the last time Carl and DV set foot on Arrowhead property, guaranteed.

siberian khatru
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
The fact that Carl will be doing the rebuilding, and the fact that he hasn't produced a Super Bowl team in 17 seasons, douses much hope I have of seeing postseason success any time soon.

It was noted on here last week how for at least the past 25 years, every Super Bowl champion was coached by a guy who won it all within his first 5 years with the team. I guess Carl could finally find the right coach and we could be looking at a SB within the next 5 years, but I genuinely think Carl's part of the problem.

MGRS13
11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Wrong Military Grid Reference System. Go and look at Green Bay's defense. Grady Jackson 9 years, Al Harris 8 years. The rest are 6 years or less, with 3 or four being in 1st or 2nd year. Green Bay's defense is younger than the Chiefs.
I never said the Pack's D wasnt young I said it wasn't good...christ don't you have a shanahan or Moss doll to jerk off or something? Read the post next time or better yet wait for a radio personality to tell you what you think.

5for5SB
11-13-2005, 07:06 PM
I never said the Pack's D wasnt young I said it wasn't good...christ don't you have a shanahan or Moss doll to jerk off or something? Read the post next time or better yet wait for a radio personality to tell you what you think.

You are a retard. Last time I checked, the Chiefs defense still sucked. Don't think for one second that the Chiefs have a good defense now.

MGRS13
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
You are a retard. Last time I checked, the Chiefs defense still sucked. Don't think for one second that the Chiefs have a good defense now.
It's young and getting better. Boy your ******ing stupid! Your argument is about as dumb as you are!

listopencil
11-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Aw c'mon. You still have seven games left to play. Seven. The season is far from over. You still get Denver at home (a game the Broncos will have a tough time trying to win) and you are currently two games back without the tiebreaker. Beat the Broncos in KC and you are one game back. Not that big of a deal. I'm taking nothing for granted with seven games left. Like I said, the season is far from over.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-13-2005, 08:39 PM
It really doesn't matter when our next playoff game will be, what matters is what rabbit carl can pull out of his hat to make us think were gonna be good and sell out the stadium again. It's almost like Lamar is twisting our arms until we beg for Jack Steadman back.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I think it's called the "Peterson Principle".

The team will reach only a certain level of competence while Carl is in charge.

That's f*cking beautiful. And so true.

Fruit Ninja
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
It may be a long time if theChiefs just fall apart. There is that tax vote for the renovations. If that doesnt pass, there is that spot in L.A. Its all about the money first. I just hope for the sake of KC fans that this tax law will pass, if not. I dont know how the hell the KC area will be without football.

5for5SB
11-13-2005, 08:48 PM
It's young and getting better. Boy your ******ing stupid! Your argument is about as dumb as you are!

"Young and getting better"

Wow, you have sold me, I am now on the Chiefs bandwagon. Maybe you should start writing for Sports Illustrated or any other major publication. Your analysis if awesome.

kcfanXIII
11-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Damnit Carl!!!!!!!!! :cuss:
"well you see, its a five year plan."

kcfanXIII
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Aw c'mon. You still have seven games left to play. Seven. The season is far from over. You still get Denver at home (a game the Broncos will have a tough time trying to win) and you are currently two games back without the tiebreaker. Beat the Broncos in KC and you are one game back. Not that big of a deal. I'm taking nothing for granted with seven games left. Like I said, the season is far from over.
holy crap, a bronco fan with a shred of football sense. with seven games left, we are not playing like a playoff team. that is the real issue.

listopencil
11-13-2005, 09:02 PM
with seven games left, we are not playing like a playoff team. that is the real issue.

Yep. That is the issue. KC has problems to work out, but they have the time to do it.

dirk digler
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM

Good post and good try listo but KC is all but finished. Our remaining schedule is tough excluding next weeks against Houston.

CanadaKC
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Put away all the homerism for a second and be completely realistic...which many of the planeteers are doing BTW. Anyways...
in the playoffs...we would not stand a hope in hell of beating Indy for sure this year...probably not Denver, Pittsburgh, San Diego...possibly Cincinnati. So we make the playoffs...what's more frustrating...being there and losing (again) or hovering around the 500 mark and not making it? Kind of a tossup...but that's been our reality for so long now...and I don't see that changing this year. In that case...

Next season comes along...and we have a slew of retirements...many players and coaches knowing this was our last stand as far as making a push to "the show" before the dismantling has to begin. The positive I see out of this is that we have two franchise players to build around...
the Johnsons. One on D and one on O...now let's get busy with draft picks a la New England...get staff who know what college talent is and really look at a QBOTF. No NFL franchise can make it to the Superbowl without one...and sad to say...Green is NOT it...close..but ...no. Sure there have been the Dilfers and Delhommes...but they're more rare ( cause their D were so good) than the Bradys, Mcnabbs, soon to be Mannings...you get my point.

I see this season as the twilight of what many of us have known the Chiefs to be for so many years now...and simply put...I'm happy about it.
Rebuiding is inevitable with every team...our time has come. Let's see what the brass can do to turn this all around. I'm ready.

MGRS13
11-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Your analysis if awesome.
At least it's mine and not some jackass from the radio, you brainless bitch!

chiefqueen
11-13-2005, 09:44 PM
We make the playoffs again in 2011, our next playoff win w/b in 2013.

This is predicated on Clarke Hunt hiring a FB man, and not a friend of his who his a CPA as our next GM.

chiefqueen
11-13-2005, 09:51 PM
how many more years on CP's contract?

That's no longer the issue with CP, as he is now 65+ himself. IMO he could be retiring with DV. I do not see him overseeing a 4-5 yr rebuilding project in his late 60s/early 70s.

BigRedChief
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
That's no longer the issue with CP, as he is now 65+ himself. IMO he could be retiring with DV. I do not see him overseeing a 4-5 yr rebuilding project in his late 60s/early 70s.

and what do you base this opinion on?

He just signed a new contract for $5 million a year (supposely). He has stated that he is staying no matter whether DV leaves or not.

Ebolapox
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
f*ck... that's all I can say... f*ck

:(

-EB-

Mr. Kotter
11-13-2005, 10:18 PM
With the young guys we have, and aggressive FA moves.....we could be back in contention by 2008.

With Carl Peterson in charge, it won't happen--between his inconsistency in FA, and his horendus drafts. So it will be after Carl is gone. Say 2009 or 2010 probably then. :shake: