PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen rules

Douche Baggins
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
7 sacks, 6 forced fumbles this year.

He's going to be a cornerstone on the D-line for a long, long time.

Once we complement him with another pass rusher, our D is going to great.

JimNasium
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Kind of ironic that our D is showing some promise as our O is showing some cracks.

Bowser
11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Kind of ironic that our D is showing some promise as our O is showing some cracks.

Irony is an understatement. Cruel joke is more like it.

acasas4
11-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Defense looked pretty good today. Can't put this one on them that's for sure.

nomad
11-13-2005, 04:53 PM
He can't do it alone...

Shame that Chiefs fans are down to praising individual players instead of the team.

This is where the train is headin'... sadly.

wolfpack0735
11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
i thought carlos hall held his own pretty good today also. hopefully he can keep it up. maybe hall and allen could work great together at ends.

Bowser
11-13-2005, 04:57 PM
He can't do it alone...

Shame that Chiefs fans are down to praising individual players instead of the team.

This is where the train is headin'... sadly.

It's been there since about 2002, I'm afraid.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 04:58 PM
We have a good compliment to him. His name's Carlos Hall.

SNR
11-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Three words:

Rich.

Scanlon.

Bitch.

milkman
11-13-2005, 05:10 PM
The defense really has some building blocks.

Allen, Kawika Mitchell, who looks better and better with every game, DJ, and Hall, who is still relatively young.

If Sims came back and stepped up his game, as it looked like he was ready to do before he got hurt, this defense really now has a solid foundation.

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:16 PM
The defense really has some building blocks.

Allen, Kawika Mitchell, who looks better and better with every game, DJ, and Hall, who is still relatively young.

If Sims came back and stepped up his game, as it looked like he was ready to do before he got hurt, this defense really now has a solid foundation.

They have a serious need in the backfield, where they have zero youth at CB and a lack of talent at safety.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 05:19 PM

Hall is pretty darn productive when he's on the field. I want to see more of him.

Otter
11-13-2005, 05:19 PM

milkman
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
They have a serious need in the backfield, where they have zero youth at CB and a lack of talent at safety.

I know.

But it has always been my contention that the foundation of a good, or great defense, is the front seven.

Phobia
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM

Not unless 98 gets his bell run, unfortunately.

Ari Chi3fs
11-13-2005, 05:26 PM
ironically, the knock out of Kelly Holcomb actually did us in, as JP Losman was just itching for redemption for his complete suckaciousness earlier in the year.

What a shitty deal...

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I know.

But it has always been my contention that the foundation of a good, or great defense, is the front seven.

A great defense can get by with decent CB's. As long as they have a headhunter in the middle of the field at one of the safety spots.

Our biggest problem at CB isn't talent, it's age. We don't have any young players that can come in. We have Washington, Warfield, McCleon, and Surtain...

milkman
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
ironically, the knock out of Kelly Holcomb actually did us in, as JP Losman was just itching for redemption for his complete suckaciousness earlier in the year.

What a shitty deal...

This is another issue I have always had with Gun.

He has a game plan in place, it's actually working, the starting QB gets hurt and knocked out of the game, and he completely changes his tactics, which allows the B/U to light us up, or in this particular case, make a couple of big plays that win the game for them.

Gun is, as far as I'm concerned, the most overrated defensive mind in the NFL.

digi2fish
11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Defensive end Jared Allen put the loss on the defense.

"We should have won the game 3-0," Allen said. "For two plays they were better than us. And that was the deciding factor."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051113_KC@BUF

it's the most encourage words this week.
I like Jared's attitude.

Chiefnj
11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
A great defense can get by with decent CB's. As long as they have a headhunter in the middle of the field at one of the safety spots.

Our biggest problem at CB isn't talent, it's age. We don't have any young players that can come in. We have Washington, Warfield, McCleon, and Surtain...

Why is age a problem at CB? Warfield and Surtain the two starters are both 29. Sapp is young and has been playing nickle and dime.

Rain Man
11-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I feel okay about the CB position. We need Hall to replace Hicks on D, and we need a DT who can rush up the middle. On O, we need a big-play WR and a RT. That's about it, other than starting to groom some replacements for the older players.

Oh, and a new GM.

B_Ambuehl
11-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Allen gets a lot of trash.....sacks when someone else created the primary pressure and blown assignments from the opposing offensive line.....I'll give him 4 sacks he's outright earned this year on his own where he faced a guy head up and beat him for a sack. I'd rather see guys like Browning and Hall finish their layups instead of having Allen's agent call up in the offseason and demand a 5 million per year contract based on stats....because the reality is Allen is a long notch below a top flight defensive end. He does make some hustle plays but isn't able to get *consistent* pressure when it counts and doesn't draw double teams.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Allen gets a lot of trash.....sacks when someone else created the primary pressure and blown assignments from the opposing offensive line.....I'll give him 4 sacks he's outright earned this year on his own where he faced a guy head up and beat him for a sack. I'd rather see guys like Browning and Hall finish their layups instead of having Allen's agent call up in the offseason and demand a 5 million per year contract based on stats....because the reality is Allen is a long notch below a top flight defensive end. He does make some hustle plays but isn't able to get *consistent* pressure when it counts and doesn't draw double teams.

:bong:

Now STFU and STFD.

Douche Baggins
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Whatever. 7 sacks and 6 forced fumbles in 9 games is the best stat line a KC defender has had in YEARS.

milkman
11-13-2005, 07:30 PM

Jared Allen is a playmaker.

Whether or not he is the first guy there doen't matter as much as the fact that he actually makes the play, while those other guys miss their layups.

Douche Baggins
11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Speaking of which, if Kendrell Bell could tackle a QB, he'd have 3 or 4 sacks by now instead of 0.5.

B_Ambuehl
11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Don't forget Hicks had a 12+ sack season at one point too and don't forget the number of complaints on this board on a weekly basis about the lack of pressure by the front 4. I don't want to imply that Allen isn't doing a heckuva job either in my mind or statwise because he is. He's been a welcome surprise since his rookie year. But stats can sometimes be deceiving. The reality is, despite Allens 7 sacks, more often then not, there is little to no pressure from the front 4 in the majority of games this season.

Now, take guys like Peppers, Seymour and Freeney....statwise Allen is probably ahead of all of them at this point, yet as far as disrupting the offense on a down by down basis and week to week basis it's a different story. The problem with that is when it comes to the $$$ stats are what matters. Allen is vastly underpaid right now at 600 K per year (if that) and if his agent has any sense should be barking for a new contract at the end of the season. Do you think he should be paid like Peppers, Seymour and Freeney?? Because his stats say that he should. I personally don't think he's in that class but that's just my opinion and we'll see. I hope that makes sense.

ENDelt260
11-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I saw Jared Allen make a blocker look absolutely foolish today.

That's all I remember from the game. I've blocked everything else out. I'm focusing on that happy memory.

Fruit Ninja
11-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I will remember that hit Wesley put on that wide out. t hat shit was viscious.

Demonpenz
11-13-2005, 08:34 PM
allen reminds me of grant winstrom. You keep hitting guys no matter where they are on the field turnovers are going to happen

Munson
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM

This is the biggest bunch of bullsh$t I've read in a while. Jared Allen getting "trash sacks?" And then you go on to say that he doesn't get "consistent" pressure? He is the ONLY one on the d-line who gets consistent pressure on the qb. He's got 6 or 7 sacks this year. On top of that, he's got 6 forced fumbles!!! Those are numbers you would expect out of a first round draft pick, not a fourth rounder. So instead of bitching about Allen, you should take a look at Eric Hicks. That bum hasn't done anything in years.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
I will remember that hit Wesley put on that wide out. t hat shit was viscious.

That hit and DJ's hit on that tight end.