PDA

View Full Version : EDDIE GUERRERO 1967 - 2005

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Happened today in his hotel room. He was found dead in his bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth. He apprently had a heart attack.

The following is the statement from WWE.com:

Eddie Guerrero passes away
Oct. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and his two daughters.

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast with Chavo Guerrero this morning and then returned to his hotel room. When he did not come out at the expected time, Chavo and others knocked on his door and called his room to no answer. Security got his door open and Guerrero was found dead in the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth. It is believed that he had a heart attack while brushing his teeth.

WWE wrestlers and staff were very shaken up as they headed to the Target Center for the RAW/Smackdown taping tonight. As reported earlier, the plans for the taping have been changed to make it a Eddie Guerrero dedication show.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Thats sad. Its gotta be a combination of steriods, pressure to get your job done, and the constant everyday pounding he was taking.

KingPriest2
11-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I thought I might break the news. How sad this industry is. I use to watch quite a bit when I was younger but now it is nothing compared to what is was but Eddie is one guy that is entertaining.

Dunit35
11-13-2005, 08:56 PM
I dont watch it anymore, it got gay when you knew what was going to happen before it happened. But Batista is a bada**.

listopencil
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Man. That's messed up. I enjoyed his work. I got into it a lot when I was a kid and my kids get into it a lot now. I let them watch the first hour (the second is a bit too much for their ages) and they love it. They'll probably have something on it for this Friday.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I know Eddie had, had some problems with drug use in the past but had reportedly cleaned himself up. I really don't know if that contributed to this or not.

That's gotta be real hard on Chavo and his good friends like Benoit and Dean Malenko.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128811

CoMoChief
11-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Even though I've always thought he sucked as a wrestler and a character, that's still sad to here. I wonder after the autopsy (because theres probably gonna be steroids in his blood) if "congressional action" will come about over this and the rest of the WWE.

FWIW, ever since The Rock left, wrestling went down the pooper.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Even though I've always thought he sucked as a wrestler and a character, that's still sad to here. I wonder after the autopsy (because theres probably gonna be steroids in his blood) if "congressional action" will come about over this and the rest of the WWE.

1) How did he 'suck' as a wrestler? He's one of the few watchable guys left in the WWE.

2) Preliminary reports are saying he died from heart failure, possibly stemming from the abuse he put on his body years ago with drugs and alcohol. He had been sober for 4 years and if he was doing all that to stay healthy, why would he shoot himself up? Also, steroids doesn't give you much of an advantage in wrestling seeing as the outcome is predetermined.

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:17 PM
1) How did he 'suck' as a wrestler? He's one of the few watchable guys left in the WWE.

*was

Wow, guess it hasn't sunk in yet.

Mecca
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM

Everything you just said was so totally offbase. Eddie Guerrero was one of the few good wrestlers they had left. It was him, Angle and Benoit and nothing else.

Even if he was using roids which would have just been for appearance alone. The Government will do nothing about it at all because pro wrestling is not a sport. It's looked at the same way a movie or tv show would be. Roids aren't giving anyone any kind of "competitive advantage". So why would there be any sort of investigation?

BigRock
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Very sad story. I remember seeing a show about him on UPN about how he had cleaned up his life and got his family back and everything. And I saw an article today that said he had just passed his 4 year anniversary of being clean and sober.

Still, that kind of abuse can really take a toll on your body. Who knows how long he could have been running on a weak or damaged heart. It's a shame it ended this way.

KcMizzou
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
1) Also, steroids doesn't give you much of an advantage in wrestling seeing as the outcome is predetermined.I'd think it'd be more of a cosmetic, body building thing than anything else.

Not speculating about this guy personally.... I don't follow wrestling.

Cochise
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Wrestling is all about how you look. A lot of the old guys have admitted being on steroids.

Seems like a lot of people have those unseen heart defects though, could have just been that.

3 little girls and a wife behind. Sad.

Halfcan
11-13-2005, 09:22 PM
RIP Eddie

HolmeZz
11-13-2005, 09:26 PM
There are plenty of guys wrestling today that don't look physically fit. I don't think the emphasis on appearance is like it used to be.

Mr. Laz
11-14-2005, 10:55 AM
http://img186.exs.cx/img186/8983/image11141152tv39jj.jpg

redhed
11-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I wonder after the autopsy (because theres probably gonna be steroids in his blood) if "congressional action" will come about over this and the rest of the WWE.

Congressional action?
Do people bet on pro wrestling?
Nope and nope.

wolfpack0735
11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
i remember sitting in front of tv watching him, hogan, austin years ago with a little tiny dunit35. he used to jump up and down and go nuts over it. him and his brother used to do all the wrestling moves during and after the show. don't watch it anymore so I can't hardly remember him.

Fruit Ninja
11-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Rock kinda sucked as a wrestler. I didnt care for him. The NWO era best era in wrestling ever. Miss WcW.

Anyways, RIP Eddie. See ya on the others side.

VonneMarie
11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I know you guys are probably watching MNF, but, there was a really great opening on WWE Raw tonight honoring Eddie Guerrero and all through the show. :(

jiveturkey
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
The Undertaker Forced to Manage Eddie Guerrero's Funeral (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42767)

vailpass
11-21-2005, 03:29 PM
The Undertaker Forced to Manage Eddie Guerrero's Funeral (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42767)

ROFL That is hilarious. Count on The Onion to come through.

SCChief
11-21-2005, 03:50 PM

No need for Congressional action... Vinny Mac is making his own policy. I wonder how serious they will take this.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/1613464

Nightwish
11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
No need for Congressional action... Vinny Mac is making his own policy. I wonder how serious they will take this.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/1613464
The way Vince McMahon has blown up over the past couple years, I wouldn't be surprised that he's bitting hitting the steroids himself. He used to look pretty normal, now he looks like friggin' Frankenstein!

royr17
11-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Has it been known yet what the cause of death was ???

KcMizzou
11-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Has it been known yet what the cause of death was ???Enlarged heart, due to earlier steriod abuse... (That's what I heart on some sports talk show, anyway)

royr17
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Enlarged heart, due to earlier steriod abuse... (That's what I heart on some sports talk show, anyway)

Steroids can do that to you ??? Make you have a enlarged heart ???

Brock
11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
The only wrestlers who were allowed to live beyond their 50th birthday were Ric Flair and the Fabulous Moolah.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-pro-wrestling_x.htm

KcMizzou
11-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Steroids can do that to you ??? Make you have a enlarged heart ???I guess so...

In a March 2004 report, USA Today said that at least 65 wrestlers had died since 1997 - 25 from heart attacks or other coronary problems. Many had enlarged hearts. In five of the 25 deaths, medical examiners found that steroids might have played a role. Excessive steroid use can lead to an enlarged heart.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/obituaries/13171168.htm

Swanman
11-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Enlarged heart, due to earlier steriod abuse... (That's what I heart on some sports talk show, anyway)

With Eddie, I don't think it was steroids as much as his general drug and alcohol abuse. The autopsy showed worn and narrow blood vessels in his heart. Due to his current workout schedule and work schedule, his heart just got worked too hard and went into failure. The autopsy also showed the beginnings of heart disease.

KingPriest2
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
The only wrestlers who were allowed to live beyond their 50th birthday were Ric Flair and the Fabulous Moolah.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-pro-wrestling_x.htm

What?

Hogan, Piper, Orndorff, Savage. Rhodes, Steamboat, Slaughter, Arn Anderson, etc.

Brock
11-22-2005, 09:39 AM
What?

Hogan, Piper, Orndorff, Savage. Rhodes, Steamboat, Slaughter, Arn Anderson, etc.

:rolleyes:

royr17
11-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Hogan and Savage were personally my favorites ...