PDA

View Full Version : Was the Chris Horn drop the tell?

Extra Point
11-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Did that dropped pass mark the beginning of the end yesterday?

Fire Me Boy!
11-14-2005, 06:56 AM
I think the "tell" was that Kris Wilson didn't have a single catch!

Wait....

Scratch that. Nevermind.

Chief Henry
11-14-2005, 07:08 AM
That drop was huge. But what we didn't see on that play on TV was, according to the TV announcers one of the Bills players hit him and it knocked Horn off his balance.

That play cold have been a tell tale sign of the rest of the game. But our play calling stunk.

Al Saunders could see we were running the ball
with success and he wants to force feed the QB into passing when our Offensive line was struggling to protect Trent...Al Saunders is puzzling me with his in game decision making.

jidar
11-14-2005, 07:12 AM
That drop was huge. But what we didn't see on that play on TV was, according to the TV announcers one of the Bills players hit him and it knocked Horn off his balance.

That play cold have been a tell tale sign of the rest of the game. But our play calling stunk.

Al Saunders could see we were running the ball
with success and he wants to force feed the QB into passing when our Offensive line was struggling to protect Trent...Al Saunders is puzzling me with his in game decision making.

That's ****ing horseshit. The majority of the passes called were called in obvious passing situations. You can't get on the OC for calling a pass at 3rd and 8.
Of course you have to mix it up a few times to keep defenses honest, but we were by no means pass happy yesterday.

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 07:23 AM
That's ****ing horseshit. The majority of the passes called were called in obvious passing situations. You can't get on the OC for calling a pass at 3rd and 8.
Of course you have to mix it up a few times to keep defenses honest, but we were by no means pass happy yesterday.

The problem I have with AS is that he sits up there and sees Trent getting killed yet he doesn't make play calls to protect and help Trent at all. We should have used alot of quick passes and screens yesterday and we saw neither except in the 1st quarter when we ran 1 screen to Eddie and tried one to TonyG after that nada.

Extra Point
11-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Not to straddle the fence, but I see that you guys are all right. We tried to ride the Larry Johnson horse too much, too soon. In the second series on the first drive, we didn't pass on first down. We ran so many consecutive times that LJ couldn't catch his breath.

The second tell for me was Trent Green smiling when coming off the field after the first drive. Where was the sense of urgency? They left it at Arrowhead last Sunday.

That first Horn drop floored me. It's like every receiver was hearing footsteps, and was afraid they'd get pounded. Except Tony G.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 07:57 AM

You CAN get on the OC for emptying the backfield on 3rd or 4th down when you only need 2 or 3 yards. It's not about being pass happy, it's about calling good, sound plays given down and distance...

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:03 AM

You can jump all over him for still not realizing leaving Jordan Black in a single blocking situation is a really bad idea. For calling 7 step drop pass plays when everyone knows the Chiefs tackles can't block that long.

kregger
11-14-2005, 08:19 AM
I had some hope for Horn but did you see the complaining for a flag after that play? JC, the pass hit him in the hands!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:25 AM
I had some hope for Horn but did you see the complaining for a flag after that play? JC, the pass hit him in the hands!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Chris Horn thinking he's going to get a flag on Nate Clements after dropping a wide open pass is really amusing to me. Officials don't flag pro bowl corners when they cover no name WR's unless they just abuse the guy and have no choice.

KCFalcon59
11-14-2005, 08:28 AM
You CAN get on the OC for emptying the backfield on 3rd or 4th down when you only need 2 or 3 yards. It's not about being pass happy, it's about calling good, sound plays given down and distance...

Exactly. Late in the first quarter we moved the ball to the 14 yrd line. It was 3rd and 5 and he called a run between the left guard and tackle. Loss of 3. Utterly stupid call there considering not 3 plays earlier we were stuffed on basically the same play.

Extra Point
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Exactly. Late in the first quarter we moved the ball to the 14 yrd line. It was 3rd and 5 and he called a run between the left guard and tackle. Loss of 3. Utterly stupid call there considering not 3 plays earlier we were stuffed on basically the same play.

"Misdirection" play....

kregger
11-14-2005, 08:48 AM
"Misdirection" play....

There ya go. If we are willing to let Green killed in the pocket, why not the nekkid bootleg? :shrug:

Extra Point
11-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Al Saunders favorite words during the game:

"They wouldn't expect that."

Same comment by Hunt before cleaning house?

Chief Henry
11-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Our offensive line could not block my Grandma yesterday. Trent was getting rushed on every pass play (it sure seamed like it).

Pefect example of poor play calling and decision making was mid way through the 4th qtr. We're somewhere around the Bills 30. Its 3rd down and 4. To me its four down territory but we incomplete a pass
and try a field goal, its missed AGAIN. Instead of passing on 3rd and
four we could have rushed it twice to get the first down....imo

I beleave our (ingame) coaching decisions have been very poor
during the intire 5 year run of the DV era.

Ari Chi3fs
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
i wish Al had taken a job elsewhere... JMO