PDA

View Full Version : OL fix

Rukdafaidas
11-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I've been saying this since week one when Roaf got hurt. Why not slide Shields to LT, put Welbourn at RG and Sampson at RT? I think they would be much more effective than the crappy line they have now.
In years past, when our LT got hurt, they would slide Shields to LT and he always played pretty well. I know Shields isn't the same player now, but you can't tell me he wouldn't be 1,000 times more effective than Black, even with bum knees.
Welbourn is a guard, not a tackle. Sampson should be ready to take his diaper off and be the Chiefs starting right tackle, like he was supposed to be when the season started.

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Will Shields isn't the same player any longer. I doubt that would be a good idea at this point in time. Even if he was the same player, this coaching staff is far to stubborn to do that. They're to stubborn to adjust the passing game to help Jordan Black when they know he can't block. What's that tell you?

Lzen
11-14-2005, 08:42 AM
I agree with you. I've been wondering that same thing. Makes perfect sense to me.

tomahawk kid
11-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Will Shields isn't the same player any longer. I doubt that would be a good idea at this point in time. Even if he was the same player, this coaching staff is far to stubborn to do that. They're to stubborn to adjust the passing game to help Jordan Black when they know he can't block. What's that tell you?

Boy, is that "stubborn" comment an understatement.

Black gets beaten again and again and again...and yet it almost seems the coaches refuse to give him blocking help. I know the kid's switched postions 2-3 times, but come on....he's in way over his head.

The bottom line is that this coaching staff and DV have got to go. The Vermiel Era was an interesting experiment, but I think we've all seen the idea run it's course.

It continually amazes me that we have one of the largest and highest paid coaching staff's in football, and yet we continually look under-prepared and outclassed on the football field. It baffles the imagination.

Throw in decisions like giving the entire team the whole bye week off, and I think the decision to toss Vermiel basically makes itself. I'm not saying ANYONE will be better with the talent we have, I'm just saying I'm willing to take that chance.

jspchief
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Will Shields can barely play guard anymore. What makes you think he'd be more effectve at the more demanding position of tackle?

Mecca
11-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Will Shields can barely play guard anymore. What makes you think he'd be more effectve at the more demanding position of tackle?

Well, I think you could play better than Jordan Black so even the old broken down Shields is better than him.