PDA

View Full Version : Priest has not talked to Vermeil yet?

brent102fire
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Does anyone else find this interesting? Cross and Harlan said they spoke with Vermeil on Saturday Night. DV told them he had spoke with Priest's Dad, but not Priest. They said DV told them that he called Priest, but did not get to talk with him. Does anyone else find this strange? :hmmm: :hmmm:

jspchief
11-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes, it's strange.

Vermeil is either lying about it to dodge questions, or there is something f*cked up going on.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Vermeil is obviously racist.

Dinny Blues
11-14-2005, 10:38 AM

He's starting a NASCAR team?

Dinny

Chief Roundup
11-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Does anyone else find this interesting? Cross and Harlan said they spoke with Vermeil on Saturday Night. DV told them he had spoke with Priest's Dad, but not Priest. They said DV told them that he called Priest, but did not get to talk with him. Does anyone else find this strange? :hmmm: :hmmm:

Just read between the lines a little and you will see that Priest would have preferred to be reevaluated after 30 days before being put on IR. The Chiefs were jumping on the opportunity to get LJ in the game full time.

Priest Holmes is pissed because he didn't get to wait like say, Ryan Sims has had the opportunity to wait, to see if he could come back and play this season. He was put on the shelf without a chance. I would be pissed too, if I were looking at it from his shoes. But looking at it from the shoes of the Chiefs team, I would rather have LJ in there right now. Those are the breaks of the business side of things. Priests feelings are hurt. And rightly so.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Very odd, almost not believable...

I do believe it though, and it is more evidence that something strange is going on in the Chiefs' front office and/or Priest is not the guy we thought he was.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Just read between the lines a little and you will see that Priest would have preferred to be reevaluated after 30 days before being put on IR. The Chiefs were jumping on the opportunity to get LJ in the game full time.

Priest Holmes is pissed because he didn't get to wait like say, Ryan Sims has had the opportunity to wait, to see if he could come back and play this season. He was put on the shelf without a chance. I would be pissed too, if I were looking at it from his shoes. But looking at it from the shoes of the Chiefs team, I would rather have LJ in there right now. Those are the breaks of the business side of things. Priests feelings are hurt. And rightly so.

..perhaps...but what does that have to do with Vermeil not talking to him?

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Now wait just one gosh darned minute... All I have been hearing since LJ was drafted was that DV an AS hated him and didn't want to use him. Infact, I heard that is why Priest was starting, and going to continue to start this season, regardless of how well LJ performed.

Color me confused.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
..perhaps...but what does that have to do with Vermeil not talking to him?

I believe what he is saying is that it might be the other way around; Priest may not be talking to Vermeil.

ck_IN
11-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I think Chief Roundup may have it right.

I think Priest feels like he's given this team his all and they're trying to toss him overboard for LJ. Considering all the slack Sims and Bell (among others) have gotten versus what they've produced versus what he's produced I can see his point of view.

I'm wondering if this is the last we see of Holmes in a Chief uniform.

BigRedChief
11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I believe what he is saying is that it might be the other way around; Priest may not be talking to Vermeil.

Also rumors that he hated the 3 hour full contact practices and thought it wore down his body. But thats a rumor only.

Remember he didn't talk to DV about his hip either.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Now wait just one gosh darned minute... All I have been hearing since LJ was drafted was that DV an AS hated him and didn't want to use him. Infact, I heard that is why Priest was starting, and going to continue to start this season, regardless of how well LJ performed.

Color me confused.
It's not what we said before, it's what we say now that counts.

BigRedChief
11-14-2005, 10:54 AM

Priest will never play another down in a Chiefs uniform.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 10:56 AM
It's not what we said before, it's what we say now that counts.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

ck_IN
11-14-2005, 10:57 AM
BRC, do you think that he's done as a Chief by his own choice, because of the injury or because DV/AS/CP/ect. are done with him?

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I think Chief Roundup may have it right.

I think Priest feels like he's given this team his all and they're trying to toss him overboard for LJ. Considering all the slack Sims and Bell (among others) have gotten versus what they've produced versus what he's produced I can see his point of view.

but that is exactly opposite of the Whitlock hypothesis that Priest really wanted to retire....Not saying I know what is going on -- just that it seems very weird.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
but that is exactly opposite of the Whitlock hypothesis that Priest really wanted to retire....Not saying I know what is going on -- just that it seems very weird.

You actually put stock in what The Blob says?

ck_IN
11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
<i>but that is exactly opposite of the Whitlock hypothesis that Priest really wanted to retire....Not saying I know what is going on -- just that it seems very weird.</i>

I thought that was a Joe Po article. Did I miss something from Whitlock?

I have no answers either but if everyone was on good terms and retirement was of his own choosing then why would Holmes stonewall DV?

Something doesn't sound right.

plbrdude
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
if you still get paid when you're on ir, why retire? i'd wait till the season was done anyway and still pick up the check.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
You actually put stock in what The Blob says?

Not really. I just have a hard time excusing Priest from failing to talk to Vermeil. That's classless, if it's true. It just seems that everyone is always trying to spin events so that Priest looks like the saint, and everyone else be damned. It may be true; it may not be, but Priest's refusal to talk to Vermeil makes me come down pretty solidly on one side.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, it's strange.

Vermeil is either lying about it to dodge questions, or there is something f*cked up going on.Based on what we saw on the field on Sunday, I am thinking something big is going down in house, and it stanks. The offense looked like it quit.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I still don't understand the whole "Priest wants to get paid" hypothesis. The guy was active through week 6...he's gonna get his paycheck regardless of what happens.

It'll be interesting how this shakes out, because it would appear Holmes is mad at Vermeil and Vermeil is mad at Peterson. What do Holmes and Peterson have going on behind the scenes?

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I have a theory: King Carl goes to DV after the Holmes injury and tells him you have to keep him from retiring otherwise he loses the bonus. THis pisses of Priest, and quite frankly, the rest of the team is now calling BS on the Dick's happy family theory that he has been selling them from day one. They see him on the way out the door.... the rest is just to thick bs to post, ill stop now. :D

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I have a theory: King Carl goes to DV after the Holmes injury and tells him you have to keep him from retiring otherwise he loses the bonus. THis pisses of Priest, and quite frankly, the rest of the team is now calling BS on the Dick's happy family theory that he has been selling them from day one. They see him on the way out the door.... the rest is just to thick bs to post, ill stop now. :D

Can you say that again? That makes no sense...

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I still don't understand the whole "Priest wants to get paid" hypothesis. The guy was active through week 6...he's gonna get his paycheck regardless of what happens.

It'll be interesting how this shakes out, because it would appear Holmes is mad at Vermeil and Vermeil is mad at Peterson. What do Holmes and Peterson have going on behind the scenes?

Yep this whole situation is starting to stink. We need some inside info on what is going on between DV and the Front Office.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
it would appear Holmes is mad at Vermeil and Vermeil is mad at Peterson. What do Holmes and Peterson have going on behind the scenes?

That's what it seems to me, is that DV is in the middle between Priest and CP. Still doesn't excuse Priest from not talking to DV, though. DV and Priest were behind a record-setting offense for three years that'll put Priest into the HOF and made him tons of money, yet Priest doesn't have the courtesy to keep him informed of his health status? Mindboggling. Also, it seems like DV doesn't have a lot authority around Arrowhead if something like that can even go down. How in the hell can the head coach be out of the loop?

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
That's what it seems to me, is that DV is in the middle between Priest and CP. Still doesn't excuse Priest from not talking to DV, though. DV and Priest were behind a record-setting offense for three years that'll put Priest into the HOF and made him tons of money, yet Priest doesn't have the courtesy to keep him informed of his health status? Mindboggling. Also, it seems like DV doesn't have a lot authority around Arrowhead if something like that can even go down. How in the hell can the head coach be out of the loop?

Actually I think Priest and CP have talked several times but DV is out of the loop which has caused a huge problem with DV, as it should.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Not really. I just have a hard time excusing Priest from failing to talk to Vermeil. That's classless, if it's true. It just seems that everyone is always trying to spin events so that Priest looks like the saint, and everyone else be damned. It may be true; it may not be, but Priest's refusal to talk to Vermeil makes me come down pretty solidly on one side.

I'm not ready to come down on any side. If Vermeil was out of the loop as has been reported, then what would Priest have against him? There is just too much we don't know for me to call either of them classless at this point. I'll with hold judgement until we learn a little more about what has actually taken place. Because right now, the whole situation is about as clear as mud.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM

Maybe DV had TOO MUCH authority around Arrowhead and what we're seeing now is a not-so-secret mutiny?

:hmmm:

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Maybe DV had TOO MUCH authority around Arrowhead and what we're seeing now is a not-so-secret mutiny?

What is with DV and mutiny's?

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Actually I think Priest and CP have talked several times but DV is out of the loop which has caused a huge problem with DV, as it should.

If that's the case, like raiderhader said -- why would Priest be refusing to speak with Vermeil. It would seem to me that if Priest and CP had worked something out behind Vermeil's back, that Vermeil would be the one refusing to take calls from Holmes.

Unless Holmes did indeed tell Carl that he won't be back unless Vermeil is gone...

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Can you say that again? That makes no sense...Shit runs down hill. Carl goes to Dick, "dick go give holmes the dick, you retire, no pay." Holmes gets pissed. The team gets pissed at Dick, because Dick is supposed to CARE about his players, because he has been hugging and crying with them for 5 years, and if Dick will Jump when Carl calls and throw THE Priest under the buss, after ALL HE HAS done for this team, for a measly few mill and a roster spot, then well FUG YOU Dick, you are as fake as the next coach, and all this family crap is a bunch of Crock. or something like that. Remember, it is just a wild ass theory that I concocted.

Does that explain it better? Perhaps we can get some "insider" to validate or invalidate it? :D

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:48 AM
What is with DV and mutiny's?

Starting to look a lot like it did in St. Louis, ain't it?

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Unless Holmes did indeed tell Carl that he won't be back unless Vermeil is gone...

That is what I am thinking.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:50 AM

I dunno. Essentially, Peterson took control of the D away from DV. Maybe it was for the better, but still, it's unusual. My guess is that DV has less authority than most head coaches. The LJ draft pick being anouther example.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Shit runs down hill. Carl goes to Dick, "dick go give holmes the dick, you retire, no pay." Holmes gets pissed. The team gets pissed at Dick, because Dick is supposed to CARE about his players, because he has been hugging and crying with them for 5 years, and if Dick will Jump when Carl calls and throw THE Priest under the buss, after ALL HE HAS done for this team, for a measly few mill and a roster spot, then well FUG YOU Dick, you are as fake as the next coach, and all this family crap is a bunch of Crock. or something like that. Remember, it is just a wild ass theory that I concocted.

Does that explain it better? Perhaps we can get some "insider" to validate or invalidate it? :D

ROFL

Read your first post again. It made it sound like Peterson was telling Vermeil to talk Holmes OUT of retiring, rather than INTO retiring...

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Yep. I never hear of any other coach where the players have a mutiny. The thing is if the FO doesn't back the head coach then this will happen.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I dunno. Essentially, Peterson took control of the D away from DV. Maybe it was for the better, but still, it's unusual. My guess is that DV has less authority than most head coaches. The LJ draft pick being anouther example.

I've heard many people close to the team say that Vermeil has COMPLETE control over what goes on on the field. Heard Petro say it again at lunch today.

It was Vermeil that told Gunther that all of the defensive coaches had to be kept. We did hire Pagac to coach LB's, but only because the guy we had hated Gun so much he quit. Pagac was Vermeil's choice to fill the spot.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM

:hmmm:Exhibit A was on display in Buffalo. That did not remotely resemble the Chiefs O. Totally out of character to have that many sacks and turnovers, even with Black.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:53 AM

Possibly. Maybe the threat of mutiny because of the long practices is true.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
ROFL

Read your first post again. It made it sound like Peterson was telling Vermeil to talk Holmes OUT of retiring, rather than INTO retiring...My bad, sometimes I am limited by time when posting here at work, and I try to get to the submit button too fast, and don't edit my posts. sorry. At least it Cheered you up a little. Fug em, if they want to quit, thats cool with me.

I feel sorry for all of you season ticket holders though.

It ain't on the D, it aint' on the O. Hey, the special teams played pretty good yesterday.

Its on the fuggin coaches. They have lost the fuggin team.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Yep. I never hear of any other coach where the players have a mutiny. The thing is if the FO doesn't back the head coach then this will happen.

John Mackovic.

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Its almost time for the fans to mutiny.

Barret
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Could someone remind me of the Mutiny that Vermiel went through with the Lambs?? It was noted earlier that this might be happening again.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Basically the players were sick of Vermeil's attitude and his practices.

The front office was sick of his incessant support of Tony Banks.

They basically went behind his back and got Marshall Faulk...

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM

They basically went behind his back and got Marshall Faulk...It sure was good that that Titan guy got tackled on the one.

BigRedChief
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
My bad, sometimes I am limited by time when posting here at work, and I try to get to the submit button too fast, and don't edit my posts. sorry. At least it Cheered you up a little. Fug em, if they want to quit, thats cool with me.

I feel sorry for all of you season ticket holders though.

It ain't on the D, it aint' on the O. Hey, the special teams played pretty good yesterday.

Its on the fuggin coaches. They have lost the fuggin team.

Hey I made it to the lower bowl this year. Maybe next year I can make it in between the 20's and a aisle seat. :thumb:

xOXO
BRC
Looking on the bright side

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey I made it to the lower bowl this year. Maybe next year I can make it in between the 20's and a aisle seat. :thumb:

xOXO
BRC
Looking on the bright sideJust don't buy as many concessions then? :D Until they start winning that is.

Naw, have a good time, just try to remember it ain't personal, its just business.

KCTitus
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM

They basically went behind his back and got Marshall Faulk...

And drafting Lawrence Phillips...

tk13
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Uhhh, yeah, except for that whole Super Bowl thing...

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
From another thread:

"Someone called into the Redzone(nfl sirius radio) on friday afternoon and asked Pat kirwin about the rumor that Herm edwards was taking the chiefs job next year.

He said herm was not going to be taking the job that the jets dont want to let him go,then he stopped in the middle and said he wanted to address something he heard about the player turning on Vermiel.

He said he was in the locker room last week before the Raiders game and asked several players about DV retiring,they ALL and he repaeted ALL said they are trying to convince him to comeback.(I heard Green say the same in an interview).And that the practice fall out rumors are false.

He said he wouldnt be surprised if DV came back next year.Its pat Kirwin,but TIFWIW"

....hhmmm....could it be that all this mutiny talk was just Priest Holmes bemoaning the long practices? Fits with Priest not talking to DV. Who knows, but it certainly demands some sort of explanation. A HC not knowing the status of his HOF RB?

Calcountry
11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Carl needs to go, but the only way that happens is if Lamar actually gives a chit about the team, which I sincerely doubt. It is just football after all.

If the fans get p o'd, he'll just move the team.

Baby Lee
11-14-2005, 12:23 PM
could it be that all this mutiny talk was just Priest Holmes bemoaning the long practices?
1. I remember from somewhere the allegation that Priest's present injury got it's start from a hit in one of those overly long, overly demanding, practices.
2. The 'bemoaner' for the Rams was Isaac Bruce in Jan '99. I'd say his 'bemoaning' was well placed. I am very dismayed to hear that DV is returning to his 'drive 'em hard and put 'em up wet' ways

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 12:27 PM
1. I remember from somewhere the allegation that Priest's present injury got it's start from a hit in one of those overly long, overly demanding, practices.
2. The 'bemoaner' for the Rams was Isaac Bruce in Jan '99. I'd say his 'bemoaning' was well placed. I am very dismayed to hear that DV is returning to his 'drive 'em hard and put 'em up wet' ways

Well, none of us knows what is really going on, but there is a difference between one malcontented player, and a generalized mutiny, wouldn't you say? If it is generalized, then certainly there appears to be a problem.

tk13
11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
From another thread:

"Someone called into the Redzone(nfl sirius radio) on friday afternoon and asked Pat kirwin about the rumor that Herm edwards was taking the chiefs job next year.

He said herm was not going to be taking the job that the jets dont want to let him go,then he stopped in the middle and said he wanted to address something he heard about the player turning on Vermiel.

He said he was in the locker room last week before the Raiders game and asked several players about DV retiring,they ALL and he repaeted ALL said they are trying to convince him to comeback.(I heard Green say the same in an interview).And that the practice fall out rumors are false.

He said he wouldnt be surprised if DV came back next year.Its pat Kirwin,but TIFWIW"

....hhmmm....could it be that all this mutiny talk was just Priest Holmes bemoaning the long practices? Fits with Priest not talking to DV. Who knows, but it certainly demands some sort of explanation. A HC not knowing the status of his HOF RB?
Of course that's what is actually happening, but we can't have soap opera fun on the message board unless we make up some baseless juicy rumors...

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
John Mackovic.

Oh yeah, it figures it would be a Chiefs HC.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Uhhh, yeah, except for that whole Super Bowl thing...

Uhhh, yeah, that whole Super Bowl thing that happened the season IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING John Shaw and Charley Armey overruling Vermeil and trading Tony Banks...

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 12:29 PM

IIRC Joe Phillips was also bitching and I remember him being interviewed in the lockerroom on TV about it.

Dinny Blues
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Carl needs to go, but the only way that happens is if Lamar actually gives a chit about the team, which I sincerely doubt. It is just football after all.

If the fans get p o'd, he'll just move the team.

AHA!

This is somehow tied to stadium renovations!

Dinny

Baby Lee
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
one malcontented player
Piss poor phraseology. I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt, and give you an opportunity to rephrase.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Of course that's what is actually happening, but we can't have soap opera fun on the message board unless we make up some baseless juicy rumors...

I appreciate your attempt to maintain the devil's advocacy here, but you might want to consider that Pat Kirwan is no more or less credible than some of the mainstream people reporting the opposite of what he is saying.

His story is just as much "rumor" as anything else out there.

tk13
11-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Uhhh, yeah, that whole Super Bowl thing that happened the season IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING John Shaw and Charley Armey overruling Vermeil and trading Tony Banks...
So? What's your point? I don't give a crap if he pulled a plunger out of his ass and ran around naked screaming "I'm a gay pirate of the carribean!", they won a Super Bowl. I can't believe we're trying to qualify a Super Bowl victory. "Well they won a Super Bowl BUT..."

It's not like DV had nothing to do with it... even at the QB position, they could've went with somebody else, but DV was the "crazy" one who placed his fate in the hands of an arena-football QB because he trusted him, and it worked. If anything you're just saying Carl has been too spineless...

tk13
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I appreciate your attempt to maintain the devil's advocacy here, but you might want to consider that Pat Kirwan is no more or less credible than some of the mainstream people reporting the opposite of what he is saying.

His story is just as much "rumor" as anything else out there.
Ahh, so Profootballtalk was in the locker room and talked to all the players? You're going off the deep end on me here man, you're giving PFT as much credibility as a NFL.com columnist.... maybe we should check out the Onion to see what they have to say.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:39 PM
So? What's your point? I don't give a crap if he pulled a plunger out of his ass and ran around naked screaming "I'm a gay pirate of the carribean!", they won a Super Bowl. I can't believe we're trying to qualify a Super Bowl victory. "Well they won a Super Bowl BUT..."

It's not like DV had nothing to do with it... even at the QB position, they could've went with somebody else, but DV was the "crazy" one who placed his fate in the hands of an arena-football QB because he trusted him, and it worked. If anything you're just saying Carl has been too spineless...

My point is that this situation is not unlike what went on in St. Louis.

I've said ever since DV got here, in his defense, that they could not have won that Super Bowl without him. He was the coach, he helped mold those players. He brought in the coaches that called the plays.

I'm not at all trying to diminish what he accomplished there.

The issue is that, in order for him to get over the hump there, a few players had to pipe up and the front office had to step in and correct a few problems. DV has faults, just like any other human being, and in St. Louis, other people stepped up and made him change some things.

So yes, I am saying that Carl has been too spineless. It's time for him to step in and let Vermeil know how some things are going to be.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Piss poor phraseology. I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt, and give you an opportunity to rephrase.

Something unusual is obviously going on with Priest Holmes. I honestly have no idea whether he is mad at anyone, but it appears he is mad at either CP or DV, and again, which one, it is pure speculation.

That said, Priest's refusal to inform his head coach of his medical opinion/status is shocking. In fact, I would not be surprised if that violates a standard NFL contract.

Priest Holmes has certainly not been a locker room cancer during his tenure here, if that's what you thought I was attempting to infer, but this recent saga is begging for an explanation from someone.

Baby Lee
11-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Something unusual is obviously going on with Priest Holmes. I honestly have no idea whether he is mad at anyone, but it appears he is mad at either CP or DV, and again, which one, it is pure speculation.

That said, Priest's refusal to inform his head coach of his medical opinion/status is shocking. In fact, I would not be surprised if that violates a standard NFL contract.

Priest Holmes has certainly not been a locker room cancer during his tenure here, if that's what you thought I was attempting to infer, but this recent saga is begging for an explanation from someone.
You see, if there is a problem between Priest and DV, given what I've seen of both men, I'm confident that, in the end, it's gonna turn out that DV had the problem and Priest had the justificiation.

dirk digler
11-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Ahh, so Profootballtalk was in the locker room and talked to all the players? You're going off the deep end on me here man, you're giving PFT as much credibility as a NFL.com columnist.... maybe we should check out the Onion to see what they have to say.

My only problem is that I highly doubt the players would openly revolt here like they did in St. Louis. I can't see the guys just coming out say everything sucks and they should fire DV, especially to an NFL.com reporter.

But privately they may say something different.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM

I'm not talking about PFT dude.

It was mentioned in a PFW article a while back about some players not liking the practices...

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 12:47 PM
You see, if there is a problem between Priest and DV, given what I've seen of both men, I'm confident that, in the end, it's gonna turn out that DV had the problem and Priest had the justificiation.

I give the benefit of the doubt to both men, that's why I find it disturbing.

It could be as simple as the Posnaski puff piece that Holmes is a private guy, but that doesn't cut it for me. You have an obligation to inform the organization of your medical status. Maybe he did, and that was not relayed to DV. Who knows, but it is completely fuct up if DV was indeed in the dark.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
And yes, tk13, I am going off the deep end.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of watching this team play like this...

Dinny Blues
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM

Nation's Experts Give Up
'From Now On, You're On Your Own,' Say Experts
June 16, 1999 | Issue 35•23
WASHINGTON, DC—Citing years of frustration over their advice being misunderstood, misrepresented or simply ignored, America's foremost experts in every field collectively tendered their resignation Monday.
Enlarge Image
Left: Child-rearing expert Dr. Patrick Coughlin and Korean War expert Dr. Laurence Block field reporters' questions following the mass resignation of America's 243,839 experts.
"Despite all our efforts to advise this nation, America still throws out its recyclables, keeps its guns in unlocked cabinets where children have easy access, eats three times as much red meat as is recommended, watches seven hours of TV per day, swims less than 10 minutes after eating, and leaves halogen lights on while unattended," said Dr. Simon Peavy, vice-president of the National Association of Experts. "Since you don't seem to care about things you don't understand, screw you. We quit."
"My final piece of expert advice," Peavy added, "is that all of you people should just go **** yourselves."
Michael Leland, until recently a Department of Energy advisor specializing in planetary energy-use infrastructures and a leading expert in petrochemical and fossil-fuel depletion, maintained that the experts' mass resignation is justified.
"Last year, I testified before Congress that at the current rate of consumption, the planet's supply of coal, natural gas and oil would be gone within 40 years, and they looked at me as if I was some sort of crackpot," Leland said. "What's the point?"
"We'll say it one last time before we pack up and go: In 20 years, you'll be up to your asses in old folks," a written statement from the National Advisory Council On Aging read in part. "Since America has not yet begun making preparations for the explosion in its senior population, we recommend that you begin research on federally funded, hydroelectrically powered 'eldercution camps,' where the teeming hordes of the aged can be disposed of quickly and painlessly."
According to Peavy, despite the vast amounts of scientifically proven and historically sound advice provided by the nation's experts, the National Association of Experts could cite no instances of advice being followed in the manner they had intended.
"Public reaction was favorable to the news that a glass of wine a day can help prevent heart attacks," Peavy said. "Of course, most people figured that eight glasses of wine a day must be better than one. And many Americans reacted well to the news that eggs probably wouldn't kill them outright. Aside from that, they've pretty much ignored every word we've ever said concerning just about everything."
Because the experts' advice was barely followed, the mass resignation is expected to have little impact on the lives of most Americans.
"Go ahead, America," Peavy said. "You don't need us. Watch all the topsoil go down the Mississippi. Transport your children in baskets on top of your SUV deathmobiles. Keep playing with your cute and cuddly pal, the atom. Press your nose against the TV screen for even more educational 3rd Rock From The Sun enjoyment. Use plentiful gasoline to burn book- readers at the stake. Don't eat anything but sugared pork lard. Do whatever you want."
Despite its negligible impact on the population at large, the sudden dearth of experts is expected to be devastating for the American media, particularly TV newsmagazines, which have come to heavily rely on experts for their incisive, time-filling punditry.
"How in the world are we supposed to do a story on how the Internet is changing the face of Christianity without Internet and Christianity experts?" said Dateline NBC executive producer Russell Ross. "How can we report on the stress-relieving impact of whale songs without top psychotherapists and marine biologists to offer their perspective? Without the insight of professors and best-selling authors, a TV special report has no credibility. It may well mean the end of American telejournalism as we know it."
According to FDA spokesperson Jonathan Landau, the exiting advisors will be missed, but the nation must move forward.
"We, of course, are deeply saddened to lose America's most knowledgeable individuals in every field," Landau said. "But at the same time, it's important to recognize that their advice, however well-informed or well-intentioned, was almost always impractical."
Landau said he plans to fill his own vacant advisory positions with "positive-minded, people-friendly sexperts, advice columnists and astrologers" as soon as funding can be arranged.

Just doin' my part.

Dinny

Barret
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok time for the tin foil hats...

I was unable to see the game since I have to work and blah blah blah...but from reading one of the other posts here L. Johnson had 100 yards rushing at least in the first half and then only had 32 yards the rest of the game.

What is Priest Holmes highest rushing output in 1 game?

So you are telling me that a Game Plan that was working just fine was halted and this game plan involved a running back that was not wanted by the coaching staff when he was drafted. This game plan would have allowed this "Diaper Dandy" (HAHA!!) to perhaps eclipse Holmes. The same Holmes that was placed on IR. The same Holmes that is having a spat with said coaching staff about something and the touchy feely staff doesnt want things to go sour with their buddy.

Part 2 here soon, just at work and cant keep a cognative thought and I dont want my tin foil to slip off....

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 12:55 PM
And yes, tk13, I am going off the deep end.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of watching this team play like this...

Shouldn't it take more than one dreadful offensive performance? Yesterday was a rare game -- the D played better than the O. If that continues, maybe you have a point. But yesterday was the anomaly of the DV era.

It's hard to say the team quit when the D had one of it's best performances in years.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
I give the benefit of the doubt to both men, that's why I find it disturbing.

It could be as simple as the Posnaski puff piece that Holmes is a private guy, but that doesn't cut it for me. You have an obligation to inform the organization of your medical status. Maybe he did, and that was not relayed to DV. Who knows, but it is completely fuct up if DV was indeed in the dark.

I want to give Vermeil the benefit of the doubt. But I've defended the guy ever since he got here, and everytime he does something new and even more senile...

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't it take more than one dreadful offensive performance? Yesterday was a rare game -- the D played better than the O. If that continues, maybe you have a point. But yesterday was the anomaly of the DV era.

It's hard to say the team quit when the D had one of it's best performances in years.

We've had other days like that. I honestly don't care which side of the ball plays good and which play bad. I want to win, and Vermeil can't seem to get that done...

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 01:02 PM
We've had other days like that. I honestly don't care which side of the ball plays good and which play bad. I want to win, and Vermeil can't seem to get that done...

Fair enough. I just wouldn't use yesterday's performance as exhibit A that there is a mutiny.

HemiEd
11-14-2005, 01:07 PM

Would not even be the first time it has happened to the Chiefs. It was very public when Frank Ganz got the job. John Mackovic was "run up" by the players in favor the special teams coach.

sedated
11-14-2005, 01:09 PM

Dick Vermeil does not care about black people.

sedated
11-14-2005, 01:14 PM
The difference between STL and KC was the age of the teams.

This crying grandpa sh!t wont work with a veteran team, especially when you constantly make wrong decisions.

A young team doesn't know any better and will follow him off a cliff.

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Fair enough. I just wouldn't use yesterday's performance as exhibit A that there is a mutiny.

I wasn't the one that suggested that yesterday was "Exhibit A". But I just can't believe that all these rumors swirling around this team are nothing...where there's smoke, there's fire.

HemiEd
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
My perception is this. Dick has, with some justification, given preferential treatment to players in the past. That is usually a short term fix and not a long term success IMO. Priest feels like he did not get the treatment he deserved by being put on the IR.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

CrazyHorse
11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow.

We went from Priest being upset about being put on IR, to a mass conspiracy within the organization. Settle down folks. I doubt it's quite that complicated.

It probably is just Priest getting mad over being put on IR. Nothing more, nothing less. However, even that has not been confirmed. Priest will probably be back next season. He'll probably back up Johnson. And this is probably the best way to make that transition without the conspiracy theorists going apeshit. Or the fans being divided over the issue.

A little political manuevering in an attempt to put the best players on the field without the fans forceing loyalty issues into the equasion. If presented the same opportunity, I would have done the same thing.

Also, if I was in Priest shoes, I would be pissed too.

Douche Baggins
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
As long as Dick is here, Priest will be the starter if he is not hurt.

Dick is gone anyway, because barring a wonderful, magical miracle http://www.forumopolis.com/images/smilies/cloud9.gif the Chiefs aren't doing shit this year.

penchief
11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Carl and DV have given Priest everything he's asked for. DV has maintained that Priest is the starter regardless of who plays better. And Peterson stepped up and gave Holmes the contract he wanted when most GM's would have been wary. Carl put a lot of faith in Priest's word.

On the other hand, Priest's secrecy has been almost cultish. At the very least, it has been unfair. And his willingness to accept favored status from the coaching staff has not been fair to other players, IMO.

I think that the strangeness of this situation falls on Priest's shoulders as much as anybody's. While the Chiefs organization generally keeps things close to the vest, the secrecy involving Priest has always been excessive due mainly to Holmes, himself.

Raiderhader
11-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Carl and DV have given Priest everything he's asked for. DV has maintained that Priest is the starter regardless of who plays better. And Peterson stepped up and gave Holmes the contract he wanted when most GM's would have been wary. Carl put a lot of faith in Priest's word.

On the other hand, Priest's secrecy has been almost cultish. At the very least, it has been unfair. And his willingness to accept favored status from the coaching staff has not been fair to other players, IMO.

I think that the strangeness of this situation falls on Priest's shoulders as much as anybody's. While the Chiefs organization generally keeps things close to the vest, the secrecy involving Priest has always been excessive due mainly to Holmes, himself.

Good God, are you still railing on this worthless opinion? I can't think of too many players, or employees in general, who would go to their boss and say, "Cut the special treatment out." You are being vindictive simply because the special treatment was working against your boy. Do you honestly think LJ would do any different if the tables were turned? Don't kid yourself. What Priest did in the Miami game not only disproves your silly theory, but it is more than likely the exact opposite of what your favored player would do. So drop it already.

BigRedChief
11-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't think of too many players, or employees in general, who would go to their boss and say, "Cut the special treatment out." .
Well there is Tom Brady but beyond that?:hmmm:

penchief
11-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Good God, are you still railing on this worthless opinion? I can't think of too many players, or employees in general, who would go to their boss and say, "Cut the special treatment out." You are being vindictive simply because the special treatment was working against your boy. Do you honestly think LJ would do any different if the tables were turned? Don't kid yourself. What Priest did in the Miami game not only disproves your silly theory, but it is more than likely the exact opposite of what your favored player would do. So drop it already.

I'm not blaming him at all. I'm simply pointing out that Priest is no saint. Those of you who want to look at him as being totally sincere and squeaky clean are not reviewing all the facts, IMO. Priest knows how to play the PR game to make himself look good. I believe he has a good bit of manipulation in him. I think past and current events are beginning to expose some of it. I'm not saying it's all that bad. I'm just saying that too many people are willing to overlook the obvious when it comes to heaping adoration on Priest for his purity.

My point is that when he is willing to assume the role of teacher's pet and accept a starting position when not earned kind of shoots a hole through the whole, "Priest is a humble and unselfish guy while the other dude is just a bad seed," argument.

We need a little balance and perspective when approaching this debate. That's all.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm not blaming him at all. I'm simply pointing out that Priest is no saint. Those of you who want to look at him as being totally sincere and squeaky clean are not reviewing all the facts, IMO. Priest knows how to play the PR game to make himself look good. I believe he has a good bit of manipulation in him. I think past and current events are beginning to expose some of it. I'm not saying it's all that bad. I'm just saying that too many people are willing to overlook the obvious when it comes to heaping adoration on Priest for his purity.

My point is that when he is willing to assume the role of teacher's pet and accept a starting position when not earned kind of shoots a hole through the whole, "Priest is a humble and unselfish guy while the other dude is just a bad seed," argument.

We need a little balance and perspective when approaching this debate. That's all.:rolleyes:

If Priest guilty of manipulating the situation, LJ is guilty of being too stupid to do the same.You aren't going to make LJ look better by trying to drag Holmes down. If LJ wants to be held in the same light as Holmes, he needs to elevate his "manipulation".

Brock
11-15-2005, 11:15 AM
:rolleyes:

If Priest guilty of manipulating the situation, LJ is guilty of being too stupid to do the same.You aren't going to make LJ look better by trying to drag Holmes down. If LJ wants to be held in the same light as Holmes, he needs to elevate his "manipulation".

Not to mention his performance.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 04:07 PM

We need a little balance and perspective when approaching this debate. That's all.

I swear, you are beyond help. I might as well just be arguing politics with you, I'll get just as far with that I as I am with this. You continue to try and drag down Holmes with accusations that can at least partly be proven false (the Miami game for the final f#cking time), and partly understood as just about every other fricken' player in the leauge would do the same thing. You and LJ deserve each other, you both are acting about the same way to the same situation.

It speaks volumes that instead of elevating LJ, you instead have to drag down Priest to make them look more equal.

penchief
11-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I swear, you are beyond help. I might as well just be arguing politics with you, I'll get just as far with that I as I am with this. You continue to try and drag down Holmes with accusations that can at least partly be proven false (the Miami game for the final f#cking time), and partly understood as just about every other fricken' player in the leauge would do the same thing. You and LJ deserve each other, you both are acting about the same way to the same situation.

It speaks volumes that instead of elevating LJ, you instead have to drag down Priest to make them look more equal.

I think your taking it too much to heart. I'm not saying that Priest is anything more than human or doing anything that most people wouldn't do.

Elevating LJ does no good with his detractors on this board. They will never be content with what he does no matter what. They will always find something to harp on. Whether it is on the field or off.

On the other hand, it seems that Priest can do no wrong. I'm just trying to point out that LJ is no less human than Priest. Priest has been the beneficiary of a questionable coaching decision making it easy for him to take the high road. How many people think that if the shoe were on the other foot Priest wouldn't stand up for himself? LJ has been on the short end of this coaching staff's pettiness. He didn't have the luxery that Priest had.

If elevating LJ was going to work with some of you it would have already worked.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I think your taking it too much to heart. I'm not saying that Priest is anything more than human or doing anything that most people wouldn't do.

Elevating LJ does no good with his detractors on this board. They will never be content with what he does no matter what. They will always find something to harp on. Whether it is on the field or off.

On the other hand, it seems that Priest can do no wrong. I'm just trying to point out that LJ is no less human than Priest. Priest has been the beneficiary of a questionable coaching decision making it easy for him to take the high road. How many people think that if the shoe were on the other foot Priest wouldn't stand up for himself? LJ has been on the short end of this coaching staff's pettiness. He didn't have the luxery that Priest had.

If elevating LJ was going to work with some of you it would have already worked.

Helpless, helpless, helpless.

Priest is not going to see the field again this season, and yet you continue to try and justify LJ by going after him. News flash: we have accepted that Priest is gone for the season and are focusing on what LJ can do for us. You continue to hold a grudge against the situation that took place, but instead of focusing your resentment against those responsible, you are going after the guy who gained from it, like he had much choice in the matter. That is f#cked up. Quit trying to go after Priest's nuts and enjoy your boy getting the start. Sheesh!

Helpless.

penchief
11-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Helpless, helpless, helpless.

Priest is not going to see the field again this season, and yet you continue to try and justify LJ by going after him. News flash: we have accepted that Priest is gone for the season and are focusing on what LJ can do for us. You continue to hold a grudge against the situation that took place, but instead of focusing your resentment against those responsible, you are going after the guy who gained from it, like he had much choice in the matter. That is f#cked up. Quit trying to go after Priest's nuts and enjoy your boy getting the start. Sheesh!

Helpless.

Not at all. You're making your own mountain out of what I'm saying.

People want to tear down LJ. Including you. I'm just trying to point out that you can't pick and choose how you measure people. Everything is relative. If some of you would be more objective about LJ I wouldn't have to use Priest's shortcomings as a means of pointing out that no one is perfect. Especially considering that their circumstances are much different.

I'm not comfortable pointing it out becuase, whether you believe it or not, I have always had a lot of respect for Priest Holmes and still do. For the sake of argument it is necessary, IMO, to point out the lack of objectivity used by some of you when measuring LJ against Priest. It's just not appropriate, in my view.

13and3
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
I never believed that horse$H!!, Dicky is a master liar and a bullsh!@# artist. Its just like when he said he hadnt heard anything from Priest's doctors, I knew i better put my boots on then, Dick knows as much as priest does, and probally knows it before him.

Preist never has nothing to say either, and thats most likely becuase he doesnt have a lot to going on up there besides chess, money and football. He is a good player, and maybe even a good guy, but a semi "a" -hole nonthenless who thinks he comes off as being smart becuase he never says anything, pit bulls dont do tricks, there just dumb ass dogs that know how to bite and fight.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Not at all. You're making your own mountain out of what I'm saying.

People want to tear down LJ. Including you. I'm just trying to point out that you can't pick and choose how you measure people. Everything is relative. If some of you would be more objective about LJ I wouldn't have to use Priest's shortcomings as a means of pointing out that no one is perfect. Especially considering that their circumstances are much different.

I do not want to tear LJ down. That is complete BS. I want him to succeed, not only on the field, but in life. I have nothing against him except for the pistol whipping a woman (I detest women beaters), but a person should be allowed a second chance. I do not agree with the way he has handled a difficult situation in KC, but I hope like hell that he matures and is successful. The fact that I thought Priest should be the starter this year had very little to do with LJ. That is you making a mountain out of what I said.

I'm not comfortable pointing it out becuase, whether you believe it or not, I have always had a lot of respect for Priest Holmes and still do. For the sake of argument it is necessary, IMO, to point out the lack of objectivity used by some of you when measuring LJ against Priest. It's just not appropriate, in my view.

Here's the deal, it wasn't an argument in this thread until you popped off, once again. And don't even speak to me about a lack of objectivity, Mr. I Still Want To Ignore The Miami Game Because It Ruins My Argument. You are being no more objective in this than you claim the rest of us to be. You have your little vendetta and you aren't going to let it drop. The only problem is that you continue to go after the wrong person in an attempt to satisfy it.

Once again, most of us have moved on for the season (some beyond that) and are focusing on LJ. So for the love of God, America, and the seven f#cking dwarfs, LET IT GO!

penchief
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I do not want to tear LJ down. That is complete BS. I want him to succeed, not only on the field, but in life. I have nothing against him except for the pistol whipping a woman (I detest women beaters), but a person should be allowed a second chance. I do not agree with the way he has handled a difficult situation in KC, but I hope like hell that he matures and is successful. The fact that I thought Priest should be the starter this year had very little to do with LJ. That is you making a mountain out of what I said.

Here's the deal, it wasn't an argument in this thread until you popped off, once again. And don't even speak to me about a lack of objectivity, Mr. I Still Want To Ignore The Miami Game Because It Ruins My Argument. You are being no more objective in this than you claim the rest of us to be. You have your little vendetta and you aren't going to let it drop. The only problem is that you continue to go after the wrong person in an attempt to satisfy it.

Once again, most of us have moved on for the season (some beyond that) and are focusing on LJ. So for the love of God, America, and the seven f#cking dwarfs, LET IT GO!

Okay.

stevieray
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
penchief creating a victim again.

Saving LJ from the accoladic acid of PH.

penchief
11-16-2005, 05:42 AM
penchief creating a victim again.

Saving LJ from the accoladic acid of PH.

Not creating a victim at all. Simply pointing out a real lack of objectivity by some.

Douche Baggins
11-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Mr. I Still Want To Ignore The Miami Game Because It Ruins My Argument.

The Miami game doesn't necessarily ruin his argument. We don't know Priest's motives for letting LJ stay in the game. Priest may have just been tired and the game was over at that point.

stevieray
11-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Not creating a victim at all. Simply pointing out a real lack of objectivity by some.

objectivity? hardly.

as par for the course, you only give one the benefit of the doubt, while attacking the status of another.

you have to create an underdog, to justify going after a villian.

jspchief
11-16-2005, 08:27 AM
The funny thing is, the biggest thing penchief has against Holmes is that he has been professional and mature about the situation.

So worst case scenario is Holmes is only pretending to be a nice guy? Larry could learn a little from that.

milkman
11-16-2005, 08:52 AM
As long as Dick is here, Priest will be the starter if he is not hurt.

Dick is gone anyway, because barring a wonderful, magical miracle http://www.forumopolis.com/images/smilies/cloud9.gif the Chiefs aren't doing shit this year.

Who says that GoChiefs doesn't represent the gays very well on this board?

htismaqe
11-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Regardless of penchief's motives or methods, he is right about one thing:

Some of the things being said about LJ are ridiculous and absurd.

milkman
11-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Everyone is making a big thing out of nothing.

Dick forgot to tell Harlan and Cross that Priest was going to call right back after he finished his Nachos.

Raiderhader
11-16-2005, 08:54 AM
The Miami game doesn't necessarily ruin his argument. We don't know Priest's motives for letting LJ stay in the game. Priest may have just been tired and the game was over at that point.

As you say, we don't know. But pen won't even take it into account. Thus his cries of lack of objectivity fall on deaf ears.

Cochise
11-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Larry Johnson is taking an undeserved beating around here. All he ever said was that he wanted to be the starter. I for one don't want a guy on my team who DOESN'T want to be a starter.

Give me a break. He's not starting fights in the weight room. He's not calling out his teammates in the press. He wants to play. I don't want any players on this team who don't want to play.

jspchief
11-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Regardless of penchief's motives or methods, he is right about one thing:

Some of the things being said about LJ are ridiculous and absurd.Yea, but talking about LJ to Skip and penchief has become like talking to the Roys about Scanlon.

It's no longer about what is accurate or true, it's about what gets a rise out of them. :)

Raiderhader
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Larry Johnson is taking an undeserved beating around here. All he ever said was that he wanted to be the starter. I for one don't want a guy on my team who DOESN'T want to be a starter.

Give me a break. He's not starting fights in the weight room. He's not calling out his teammates in the press. He wants to play. I don't want any players on this team who don't want to play.

Sure it's a good thing, unless you are Priest Holmes. Then you are just a teacher's pet who wrongfully takes advantage of that situation.

My problem is not with LJ, it's with the people supporting him who cry about a lack of objectivity and then fail to use it themselves.

Raiderhader
11-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Yea, but talking about LJ to Skip and penchief has become like talking to the Roys about Scanlon.

It's no longer about what is accurate or true, it's about what gets a rise out of them. :)

Sadly, that is becoming a fair analogy.

jspchief
11-16-2005, 09:03 AM

Give me a break. He's not starting fights in the weight room. He's not calling out his teammates in the press. He wants to play. I don't want any players on this team who don't want to play.I don't think it's undeserved.

He bitched about playing time as a rookie... while we were 7-0. Thanks for the drama.
He assaulted a woman (and was in another compromising situation). Automatic loser in my book.
He's puts off the asshole vibe better than any Chiefs player I ever remember.
He's stated that he doesn't want to remain in KC, several times.
Earlier this week, he called out the coaches.

Until the guy learns to shut his mouth and stop being an A-hole, I'm going to be overly critical of him. He made a bad first impression when he chose to rock the boat in his rookie year, and has done little to change that impression since.

penchief
11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Yea, but talking about LJ to Skip and penchief has become like talking to the Roys about Scanlon.

Hardly true. All I've ever done is two things.

The first thing I have done is give an accurate assessment of LJ's skills and ability beginning on the day he was drafted. I have stood by that assessment consistently for three years and it has ultimately proven to be dead-on accurate.

The second thing I have done and which seems to irritate most people is that I get involved in defending LJ against what I believe to be unfair or unobjective attacks on his ability and his character. I have never said he was a saint. And I have never felt compelled to point our Priests shortcomings until it became obvious that those who are most unwilling to give LJ his due seem to always be those who assert that Priest can do no wrong and LJ is just a punk.

It's not something I'm comfortable with but I also don't like the feeling that pettiness on the part of some could ultimately create an environment where a talent like Johnson would never feel accepted by a team and it's fans which sorely needs an offensive superstar in it's future.

Skip Towne
11-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Finally, the better player is playing. I'm happy.

jspchief
11-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Hardly true. All I've ever done is two things.

The first thing I have done is give an accurate assessment of LJ's skills and ability beginning on the day he was drafted. I have stood by that assessment consistently for three years and it has ultimately proven to be dead-on accurate.

The second thing I have done and which seems to irritate most people is that I get involved in defending LJ against what I believe to be unfair or unobjective attacks on his ability and his character. I have never said he was a saint. And I have never felt compelled to point our Priests shortcomings until it became obvious that those who are most unwilling to give LJ his due seem to always be those who assert that Priest can do no wrong and LJ is just a punk.

It's not something I'm comfortable with but I also don't like the feeling that pettiness on the part of some could ultimately create an environment where a talent like Johnson would never feel accepted by a team and it's fans which sorely needs an offensive superstar in it's future.

Call it pettiness all you want. Blame it on my devotion to Priest. You're just wrong.

If you were to go back and read my posts about LJ since he's been drafted, I was one of the early people saying we needed to get him on the field. That other teams have been successful with two back systems, and that we should have been getting LJ around 10 touches per game touches since his first year.

However, I was not convinced that it was time to put Holmes on the shelf, and I do think LJ lacks character.

You're the one that's incapable of seperating his on field success, with his off field antics. I'm not. I still think he's an asshole and a woman beater that needs to shut his damn mouth, regardless of how good of a RB he is. I've never once insinuated that him being an a-hole is the reason Priest should be the starter over him.

The only pettiness is your attempts to disparage Holmes. The difference between Holmes and LJ is that you assume Holmes would act that way in LJ's situation, while we already know how LJ acts. So your best defense of LJ is guessing that Holmes would have the same lack of character tha LJ has shown, when facing a similar scenario. Knowing what Holmes has seen in his career, I know you're wrong.

htismaqe
11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Call it pettiness all you want. Blame it on my devotion to Priest. You're just wrong.

If you were to go back and read my posts about LJ since he's been drafted, I was one of the early people saying we needed to get him on the field. That other teams have been successful with two back systems, and that we should have been getting LJ around 10 touches per game touches since his first year.

However, I was not convinced that it was time to put Holmes on the shelf, and I do think LJ lacks character.

You're the one that's incapable of seperating his on field success, with his off field antics. I'm not. I still think he's an asshole and a woman beater that needs to shut his damn mouth, regardless of how good of a RB he is. I've never once insinuated that him being an a-hole is the reason Priest should be the starter over him.

The only pettiness is your attempts to disparage Holmes. The difference between Holmes and LJ is that you assume Holmes would act that way in LJ's situation, while we already know how LJ acts. So your best defense of LJ is guessing that Holmes would have the same lack of character tha LJ has shown, when facing a similar scenario. Knowing what Holmes has seen in his career, I know you're wrong.

To be fair, there's something here that you're missing. I have to speak up for pen here.

For the last week, all we've heard is how LJ is a punk and should be traded because he's gonna ask for a fat contract that he doesn't deserve.

NOT ONE mention of the guy that answered:

"What do you need to do to get ready for the season?"

with

"Get paid."

THAT is what penchief is talking about, and in this particular case, he's 100% right.

jspchief
11-16-2005, 02:20 PM
To be fair, there's something here that you're missing. I have to speak up for pen here.

For the last week, all we've heard is how LJ is a punk and should be traded because he's gonna ask for a fat contract that he doesn't deserve.

NOT ONE mention of the guy that answered:

"What do you need to do to get ready for the season?"

with

"Get paid."

THAT is what penchief is talking about, and in this particular case, he's 100% right.First off, I haven't been someone that said trade LJ if he asks for more money. I'm in the camp that he's going to want "out" more than anything else. He's not going to hold out for money, he's going to hold out for a trade. If he does stay, depending on his contract, he may deserve more money. I've never had a problem with paying players their due.

Secondly, that's the one example anyone can find from Priest that is the slightest bit questionable. He's better known for saying the right thing and being respectful. The fact that he was grossly underpaid in relation to his first two years performance, and the organization deciding to play hardball (rightfully so), justified him wanting more money. So that's 1 for Priest, versus how many for LJ? It's only reasonable that LJ would get more criticism, considering that he;s had more indiscrestions, in less time, and has yet to compare on the field.

Thirdly, I criticized Holmes for taking it public. I thought it was a cheap tactic to bring publicity to his plight. So Penchief's bitching about me not holding Priest to the same standard is flat out wrong.

If that's the one thing that puts Holmes on the same character level as LJ, it's a major stretch.

htismaqe
11-16-2005, 02:43 PM
First off, I haven't been someone that said trade LJ if he asks for more money. I'm in the camp that he's going to want "out" more than anything else. He's not going to hold out for money, he's going to hold out for a trade. If he does stay, depending on his contract, he may deserve more money. I've never had a problem with paying players their due.

Secondly, that's the one example anyone can find from Priest that is the slightest bit questionable. He's better known for saying the right thing and being respectful. The fact that he was grossly underpaid in relation to his first two years performance, and the organization deciding to play hardball (rightfully so), justified him wanting more money. So that's 1 for Priest, versus how many for LJ? It's only reasonable that LJ would get more criticism, considering that he;s had more indiscrestions, in less time, and has yet to compare on the field.

Thirdly, I criticized Holmes for taking it public. I thought it was a cheap tactic to bring publicity to his plight. So Penchief's bitching about me not holding Priest to the same standard is flat out wrong.

If that's the one thing that puts Holmes on the same character level as LJ, it's a major stretch.

Let me clarify - I didn't try to single you out. What I was criticizing was a mentality I've seen permeate the board lately. Didn't mean to imply you were part of it.