PDA

View Full Version : Comments about the Chiefs O from a friend who attended the game

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
-well...the off tackles were beaten pretty easily
-but Green held on to the ball too long at first
-then just threw it up in the 2nd half
-they could have ran right all day
-everytime they ran right they got 6+ yards
-but for some reason they just stopped...then would get sacked or throw an interception
-they would put Gonzalez in motion...
-to the right
-then he'd seal the linebacker
-and Johnson would just run
-but they wouldn't keep doing it
-wasn't a very well played game...Bills only had the 2 big plays to win

Lzen
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Yep, I thought they gave up on the run too early. Especially when they got down into scoring range. Bad coaching, bad play from some players, and a bad result. :shake:

CoMoChief
11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Not tryin to be a dick or anything, but I think we all saw the game.

wilas101
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
I had to wonder myself about running. If a back puts up 100 yards in a quarter and a half I don't understand why you quit giving him the ball. I finally told myself that they must be seeing something I wasn't and it let me quit yelling at the tv.

I never yell at the tv while watching games but after last week when they just up and quit running then yesterday doing the same shit I started coming unglued. /shrug

maybe someone here can tell me if there was something going on that called for a halt in the running game in the second half of the second quarter and all of the 3rd.

FringeNC
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Not tryin to be a dick or anything, but I think we all saw the game.

Sorry. I didn't see the game, and his recap to me was better than anything I read on the wires, so I thought I'd share it.

Mr. Laz
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
but for some reason they just stopped

story of the season

bsp4444
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I also saw screen passes behind or at the line of scrimmage, Tony Richardson running wide instead of up the middle. I know T Rich scored a TD last week, bu that was a breakdown in endzone defense. His days of running around the end are past. Horrible play calling, in my opinion. I thought so last week, as well, but we got lucky. I thought the Oakland game might just turn things around but our coaching staff is just too poor.

KCTitus
11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
speaking of stopping doing things, KC stopped harrassing the QB with blitzes after they scored the first TD. I knew when they knocked out Holcomb that Losman was going to light it up. In several years, KC has pulled defeat from the jaws of victory whenever they knocked out the starting QB.

KCChiefsFan88
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Yep, I thought they gave up on the run too early. Especially when they got down into scoring range. Bad coaching, bad play from some players, and a bad result. :shake:

Agreed. They were only down 14-3 for most of the third and fourth quarters, its not like it was a huge amount and its not like Buffalo's offense was doing anything. There was no reason to give up on the running game as early as they did.

Also how long is it going to take Al Saunders to figure out LJ is a much better between the tackles runner and especially without Roaf in there, that left side stretch run play just doesn't work.

Lzen
11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
speaking of stopping doing things, KC stopped harrassing the QB with blitzes after they scored the first TD. I knew when they knocked out Holcomb that Losman was going to light it up. In several years, KC has pulled defeat from the jaws of victory whenever they knocked out the starting QB.

Yep. I pointed this out in another thread. On the second TD, I noticed that the LBers all played read and react. WTF? We were attacking and dominating them early. Why call off the dogs? I just don't get it. Losman had all day to throw and made a great pass.

NewChief
11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Yep. I pointed this out in another thread. On the second TD, I noticed that the LBers all played read and react. WTF? We were attacking and dominating them early. Why call off the dogs? I just don't get it. Losman had all day to throw and made a great pass.

The mobile QB seems to the achilles heel of this defense in the DV era. Grob couldn't scheme for them. Now it seems that Gunther can't either. Just because a guy is mobile doesn't mean you give up blitzing him, which is what we seem to do.

KCChiefsFan88
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
The mobile QB seems to the achilles heel of this defense in the DV era. Grob couldn't scheme for them. Now it seems that Gunther can't either. Just because a guy is mobile doesn't mean you give up blitzing him, which is what we seem to do.

Well they were able to shutdown Micheal Vick last year, but the keyword would be "mobile QB", not sure if Vick qualifies as a QB

kaplin42
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Basicaly it comes down to one thing. Our beloved Chiefs have no Balls. It starts with the coaches and filters down to the players.

NewChief
11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Basicaly it comes down to one thing. Our beloved Chiefs have no Balls. It starts with the coaches and filters down to the players.

The ultimate irony here. Last week, the beloved Chiefs, and their coaches, were upheld as the sole possessors of "balls" within the NFL, due to going for it against the Raiders. This week. No balls.

sedated
11-14-2005, 02:08 PM
LBers all played read and react. Why call off the dogs? Losman had all day to throw and made a great pass.

They didn't want to force him into mistakes. (sarcasm)

InChiefsHell
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM
The ultimate irony here. Last week, the beloved Chiefs, and their coaches, were upheld as the sole possessors of "balls" within the NFL, due to going for it against the Raiders. This week. No balls.

THe voice of truth and reason...rep

htismaqe
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM

I know there were a few of us that took some heat last week for saying this, but I'll say it again:

I don't understand where the "Vermeil made a gutsy call" came from. What he did did NOT take balls. They were inside the 1. It was the RIGHT call. Just because the NFL has become a league of ultra-conservative pussies doesn't mean that Vermeil suddenly has 30-lb cajones...

InChiefsHell
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I had to wonder myself about running. If a back puts up 100 yards in a quarter and a half I don't understand why you quit giving him the ball. I finally told myself that they must be seeing something I wasn't and it let me quit yelling at the tv.

I never yell at the tv while watching games but after last week when they just up and quit running then yesterday doing the same shit I started coming unglued. /shrug

maybe someone here can tell me if there was something going on that called for a halt in the running game in the second half of the second quarter and all of the 3rd.

What DV Says:

Q: How disappointing is it not getting into the endzone after being so productive running the football in the first half?

VERMEIL: ďYouíve got to get some big plays in the other phases of your game or itís hard to score points. We knew the one thing that these kids in Buffalo could do was play hard. They run and they chase you. You can make runs on them of 12-14 yards. They come out of the stack and chase you down. Thatís a credit to them and their coaches and it makes it hard to make big runs. Youíve got to get some plays in the passing game and we had too many problems there.Ē

What DV means:

Um, I don't know why we do the stupid shit that we do, especially when it is working to run and we just stop. LJ had a 20+ yard run, but "We knew the one thing that these kids in Buffalo could do was play hard. They run and they chase you. You can make runs on them of 12-14 yards." I am that stupid. I really am. But Eric Hicks played a hell of a game.

InChiefsHell
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I know there were a few of us that took some heat last week for saying this, but I'll say it again:

I don't understand where the "Vermeil made a gutsy call" came from. What he did did NOT take balls. They were inside the 1. It was the RIGHT call. Just because the NFL has become a league of ultra-conservative pussies doesn't mean that Vermeil suddenly has 30-lb cajones...

Just out of curiosity, does that mean kicking the field goal would have been ballsy? More or less ballsy?

I'm sorry, any time you go for the win instead of the easy tie, that is at least a tad ballsy...especially when the week before LJ ran right up Will Shield's ass instead of up over the top. If Priest were in there, I would agree, but LJ? That was at least a little ballsy...JMO