PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards next Chief coach?

papasmurf
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
What do you think.

Phobia
11-14-2005, 07:33 PM
I think it's a horrible rumor that will never, ever happen.

Cochise
11-14-2005, 07:36 PM
No thanks.

JBucc
11-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Just because Chris Mortensen said it doesn't mean it's true

Logical
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
:Lin: to Herm or any other Martyocre protege past or present.

dtebbe
11-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I wish we could find and hire a guy like Jim Mora Jr. He is just a great coach. He's like a 30-something Bill Parcells. I just love the way he handles the team and the media, and he's a damn good coach. Whoever we hire, they need to have a defensive background. When it comes to the O-thing, been there got the T-shirt....

DT

CosmicPal
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't think there's enough Herm Edwards threads to go around.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 07:42 PM
I was just watching a bit on Parcells. He protects the QB. Dallas often keeps in two tight ends to block, or even two tight ends and a back.

Parcells would be perfect for this team next year. A young, ascending defense and a power running game with a great tight end and a smart, accurate QB. All hallmarks of a Parcells team.

Logical
11-14-2005, 07:47 PM
I was just watching a bit on Parcells. He protects the QB. Dallas often keeps in two tight ends to block, or even two tight ends and a back.

Parcells would be perfect for this team next year. A young, ascending defense and a power running game with a great tight end and a smart, accurate QB. All hallmarks of a Parcells team.There is not enough media visibility in KC to attract Parcells.

Dunit35
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
I think we should start fresh, a first year HC, that has a defensive background and we should keep AS.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
There is not enough media visibility in KC to attract Parcells.

I know, I wasn't serious anyway, he is staying in Dallas for a couple more years and will retire afterwards.

dtebbe
11-14-2005, 07:51 PM

Parcells would be perfect for this team next year. A young, ascending defense and a power running game with a great tight end and a smart, accurate QB. All hallmarks of a Parcells team.

Considering who he has for a QB http://www.mrx.no/albums/New-York/My_Statue_of_Liberty.thumb.jpg does he really have much choice?

DT

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Considering who he has for a QB http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.usatoday.com/life/cyber/_photos/statue-of-liberty-story.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2002/05/28/scans-liberty.htm&h=240&w=180&sz=10&tbnid=d0Vq-1ZrbgEJ:&tbnh=104&tbnw=78&hl=en&start=11&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstatue%2Bof%2Bliberty%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG does he really have much choice?

DT

Parcells has always done that. And Bledsoe is having a great year.

Big Chief Homer
11-14-2005, 08:20 PM
No thanks,Id rather the next headcoach not need to hire someone to help him with clock management.

Herm has a coach for everything,He has no input on offensive gameplanning,very little defensive input,no special teams involvement and does not have any say in personel.

what does he actually do?

I wonder if he even drives himself to the stadium on sundays.

VonneMarie
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I'd rather have Cowher then Edwards...

tommykat
11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Call me a whinney ass, I'd rather have Coach stay! He knows the guys inside out. What it takes. I realize our O-line is old. :banghead: We had them for what 4 years in first and no D-line. But, something has to happen fast or again the Chiefs are back to rebuilding again. That sucks....When will we ever get the O-line and D-line together meshing? :spock:

kansas hawk
11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I do not mind Edwards, but if we give up more draft picks for a freaking head coach, I will lose it :cuss:

Gravedigger
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I want Brian Billick. Billick could take our additions this season on defense and help Gunther turn it into a badass defense. I think he had the right formula for offense it's just his quarterback that sucks. But his love of power running would go well with LJ.

milkman
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
First let me just say to the original question,

**** NO!!! **** NO!!! **** NO!!!!

NOT JUST NO, BUT **** NO!!!!!!!!

I think that pretty much conveys my feelings about Hermie Edwardheimer.

Let me ask you this.

Would you be willing to give up a 1st round pick to lure him away from the Jets?

He did recently sign a contract extension that keeps him there for another couple or three years, so that is probably the minimum price you'd have to pay for him.

milkman
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
I want Brian Billick. Billick could take our additions this season on defense and help Gunther turn it into a badass defense. I think he had the right formula for offense it's just his quarterback that sucks. But his love of power running would go well with LJ.

Here's another question that just boggles my mind.

Why is it that so many people think Gun is such a great ****ing DC?

Think about this.

Carl went out and got him three veteran FAs, guys that were considered potential impact type players.
He drafted the best LB to come out in years.
And he also signed another FA that Gun was familiar with in Carlos Hall.

After 8 games, the defense finally played a pretty good game.

It takes time for the new players to gel, you'll say.
Guys have to get comfortable with the system, yada yada yada.

Then over in Indy, they added a couple of rookies, and a last minute FA in Cory Simon, and their defense has been playing pretty well from the start of the season.

You'll say, well they haven't played anyone.

But the fact is, even the crap ass teams we've played on our schedule have put up pretty big numbers against our defense.

If Gun is so damn great, WTF does it take him so damn much longer to integrate new pieces into the defense than the Indy DC?

Gun is the most overrated hack in the NFL.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 10:33 PM
I think you're way off.

We played good defense against the Jets, Oakland, Washington, Oakland again and yesterday against Buffalo. That's 5 games.

Granted they played horribly against Denver, Philly and San Diego.

I am not sure if the last two games are a mirage. They could be. We will know by how the D plays against New England and Denver.

If they regress I will throw Gunther from the train.

milkman
11-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I think you're way off.

We played good defense against the Jets, Oakland, Washington, Oakland again and yesterday against Buffalo. That's 5 games.

Granted they played horribly against Denver, Philly and San Diego.

I am not sure if the last two games are a mirage. They could be. We will know by how the D plays against New England and Denver.

If they regress I will throw Gunther from the train.

Jets put up big numbers in the air, and but for a couple of dropped passes, would have put more, and scored a couple of TDs.

Gave up yardage to Oakland and DC, as well.

Going into yesterday's game, defense was ranked 29th overall?

Halfcan
11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
No thanks Herm. I don't like his name.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Bitch about the yardage all you want. Denver has a fantastic defense and they have given up yards too.

Again, I will eat my crow if Denver and New England do a number on us. God forbid the Texans score more than 14. ROFL

ChiefsFanatic
11-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Even Dungy?

milkman
11-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Bitch about the yardage all you want. Denver has a fantastic defense and they have given up yards too.

Again, I will eat my crow if Denver and New England do a number on us. God forbid the Texans score more than 14. ROFL

The Texans will probably score 21.3 points.

Count Alex's Losses
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
The Texans will probably score 21.3 points.

ROFL

Black Jack Savage
11-14-2005, 11:00 PM

Brian Billick?? Are you f*cking serious?? Watching his teams' offensive execution is like watching eleven monkeys f*cking a chicken.

I could have a monkey throw shit on a platter and the spray pattern would make a better offensive gameplan than Billick can draw up.

Logical
11-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Even Dungy?That would be a hard call, but it is not even a realistic possibility several years into the future.

dtebbe
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL THE BRAINY ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL BRIAN BILLICK??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

OMFG, That Hurts!

ROFL ROFL

DT

NJ Chief Fan
11-14-2005, 11:31 PM
tony dungy is a fraud and so is brian billick...dungy is suppose to be some sort of "defensive genious" and hes been in indy for what like 4 years and has the worst defense, and his d still sucks balls...i dont care what any one says and brian billick is suppose to be some kind of offensive genious and has never had a decent offense in how many years now? that raven defense mainly cause of marvin lewis has helped that fraud keep his job longer then he should have had one for...as for herm like the guy but this isnt the place for him...i think we need to find some fresh talent...and to the person that said keep AS...please tell me your kidding

Miles
11-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Giving up draft picks for a medicore coach. No thanks.

Alphaman
11-15-2005, 06:20 AM
I wish we could find and hire a guy like Jim Mora Jr. He is just a great coach. He's like a 30-something Bill Parcells. I just love the way he handles the team and the media, and he's a damn good coach. Whoever we hire, they need to have a defensive background. When it comes to the O-thing, been there got the T-shirt....

DT

No thanks,Id rather the next headcoach not need to hire someone to help him with clock management.

Herm has a coach for everything,He has no input on offensive gameplanning,very little defensive input,no special teams involvement and does not have any say in personel.

what does he actually do?

I wonder if he even drives himself to the stadium on sundays.

I don't think hiring a head coach based on his experience on one side of the ball is a good idea. Billick was offensive guy who won a super bowl because of his defense. Dungy is a defensive guy who has been to 2 AFC championships because of his offense. The key to finding a good hc is finding a good overall leader who has the trust of his players. That's why Edwards' delegation that is mentioned in the quote above is not problematic. He's the overall leader. He may not be in the inner workings of the offensive or defensive game planning, but he does have and provide overall approval of it. His coordinators do the detailed work, he provides the direction and overall philosophy.

Edwards has taken a bad Jets team to the NFL playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. This is in a time when the Patriots have dominated the league 3 of the last 4 years.

Finally, he's a coach that players are drawn to. They like to play for him.

I think he'd be a great coach for the Chiefs. Cowher would be good as well. My understanding is that Edwards has an out in his contract after this year. He may also be fired so it wouldn't matter. He''l be easer to get than Cowher.

One more thought. If Al Saunders doesn't get the head coaching gig, he's gone. Who can run this offense after he leaves? Mike Solari. The Chiefs split up the game planning and Solari does some of the game planning.

wolfpack0735
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
edwards isnt any better than dickie. the only difference is he does cry . we need someone who isnt affraid to rip on some a$$ when they arn`t playing good.

Logical
09-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Felt that way before we hired Herm still feel that way.

Rain Man
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
He'd have to be better than the clown we have now.

Coach
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
tony dungy is a fraud and so is brian billick...dungy is suppose to be some sort of "defensive genious" and hes been in indy for what like 4 years and has the worst defense, and his d still sucks balls...i dont care what any one says and brian billick is suppose to be some kind of offensive genious and has never had a decent offense in how many years now? that raven defense mainly cause of marvin lewis has helped that fraud keep his job longer then he should have had one for...as for herm like the guy but this isnt the place for him...i think we need to find some fresh talent...and to the person that said keep AS...please tell me your kidding

Who's a fraud now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Owned/owned44.jpg