PDA

View Full Version : How realistic are Chiefs Planet Posters, what would it take to get Leinert?

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Weigh in with what kind of draft trade it would take.

I don't think we have a chance, but I must admit I would love to get him.

tk13
11-14-2005, 08:18 PM
A Ricky Williams one.

Cochise
11-14-2005, 08:18 PM
To move into the top 5 or 3 from the middle of the 1st round would probably take next year's first right?

Extra Point
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Get Pete Carroll to coach, and it's a snap!!!

Skip Towne
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
A Ricky Williams one.
Not even that. QB's last about 5X as long as RB's. Nothing is impossible but this is about as close as it gets.

JBucc
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Well if the Texans continue at this pace they'll take him with the #1 pick so it'd take our #1's this and next year and probably a compensatory pick or two. A lot of folks think this guy is the best ever in college so it'd take a lot.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Get Pete Carroll to coach, and it's a snap!!!I would love to have Pete Carroll but I don't think that will help with Leinert.

Spicy McHaggis
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
2 firsts at least. It just might be worth it.

Miles
11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Would depend on how we finish the season. Just a guess but maybe this years 1st, 2nd, and 4th plus our 07 1st.

BigChiefFan
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
.001% of landing him without getting screwed over. Green has a couple of more years left, I think OT and WR are bigger needs.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Chiefs fans should feel lucky that they wont be in a position to draft that worthless POS. KC needs an OT and this will be a rich first round at that position with as many as six first round caliber OTs.

Deberg_1990
11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Id rather have Brady Quinn

ROYC75
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Trust me, more than CP will ever give up for.

JBucc
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Chiefs fans should feel lucky that they wont be in a position to draft that worthless POS. KC needs an OT and this will be a rich first round at that position with as many as six first round caliber OTs.
a bit biased are we?

HolmeZz
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Bronco fans were all ready to trade their 2 1st rounders this year to move up to draft Leinart before the season started. Now he's a worthless piece of shit. ;)

To realistically move up that high, we'd need to trade this year's #1, next year's #1, and maybe even another 2nd rounder. It's not worth it.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Chiefs fans should feel lucky that they wont be in a position to draft that worthless POS. KC needs an OT and this will be a rich first round at that position with as many as six first round caliber OTs.Not saying I would want the trade to be made and I agree this is a good year to need an Offensive Tackle.

Count Zarth
11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Why should the Chiefs spend their first round pick on ANYTHING BUT AN OFFENSIVE TACKLE? :cuss:

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
a bit biased are we?

The mere fact that I hate USC does not make my player evaluation of Matt Leinart untrue. I think Reggie Bush is a phenomenal talent, he is similar to Kevin Jones but with hands as well. Lendale White is a great back as well. A prototype power back and would be great for the Broncos for example. Steve Smith is a 2nd round caliber WR, decent possession WR. They have three decent NFL caliber OL, and when Jeff Byers gets back next year he will probably be the best center in America. Bing is a very good SS and another player id like to have for Denver. I dont think they have too much draftable talent this year at DL, although Schweiger is an NFL player with some more development. Leinart on the other hand is nothing more than a 5th round talent playing on a great team. He doesnt have a great arm, he has had many mediocre games against mediocre defenses throughout his career, he has very little mobility and is not particularly effective when the offensive line doesnt give him time. I really dont think he is that special. I wouldnt place him in my top 120 prospects. In fact this year is extremely weak at the QB position as a whole. Very, very weak. Leinart has benefitted from great talent around him just like he did in High School at Santa Ana Mater Dei. He isnt anything to write home about himself.

HolmeZz
11-14-2005, 08:51 PM
I have a lot of reservations about Leinart and definitely think he could be a bust, but I'd give him a little more credit than that.

Iowanian
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
It cannot happen. It will not happen. It should not happen.

There are far too many positions of need, to blow the picks it would take. It wouldn't bother me if the Texans took him, and traded Carr for a reasonable price....or Harrington released.

I'd much prefer a reworked Oline(see Tackles and Shields replacement), a couple of WR upgrades, and a Young QB with experience who hasn't had a line or running game.

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:54 PM
It cannot happen. It will not happen. It should not happen.

There are far too many positions of need, to blow the picks it would take. It wouldn't bother me if the Texans took him, and traded Carr for a reasonable price....or Harrington released.

I'd much prefer a reworked Oline(see Tackles and Shields replacement), a couple of WR upgrades, and a Young QB with experience who hasn't had a line or running game.I like the idea of Carr, but I think Harrington is too far gone to be salvageable. For the record I want a Left Tackle and would also live with a quality WR. I hate to see us use a first rounder on a Right Tackle but even that would be acceptable.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Jonathon Scott, Winston Justice or Andrew Whitworth should the Chiefs first pick. Hopefully its not Winston, I hate seeing Canes go to the Chiefs, but Eric has the ability to be a dominant NFL LT just like Roaf. He is a supreme pass protector and very athletic. He came off an ACL last year and is getting back to where he was before. Chiefs should go for a good possession WR in Round 2, like Steve Smith for example. Jeff Samardjiza out of ND if he comes out early would also be a great selection. Martin Nance out of Miami of Ohio would be another good pick, perhaps in the 3rd. I think Craphonso Thorpe will make a good deep threat in the league, so you need a complement. Thorpe was a great talent before he got hurt. He also screwed himself over by bowing to his parents and extreme local Tallahassee pressure at the last second on signing day instead of going with his brain. He went to FSU and not surprisingly failed to fully reach his potential. But now in the pros he can get some of that development going. He'll be a deep threat, you need a possession guy now.

milkman
11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
To move up to the top one or two spots in the draft from where the Chiefs will be would take about 5 picks, including the #1 in the next 2 drafts.

The price will be far too high, and I wouldn't even attempt to move up that far.

Halfcan
11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Already talking draft? Wow must be a new record for giving up on a season. I think we need defense still. We are weak up the middle and at corner.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 08:03 AM
It would take a Ditka/Williams type of draft for us to get Leinart.

NFW would I touch it with a 50-foot pole.

KCTitus
11-15-2005, 08:07 AM
...but I think Harrington is too far gone to be salvageable. For the record I want a Left Tackle and would also live with a quality WR. I hate to see us use a first rounder on a Right Tackle but even that would be acceptable.

It's ironic, that about 4 years ago this same kind of thread was had about Harrington.

cdcox
11-15-2005, 08:12 AM
According to one draft value chart, the #1 overall pick is worth 3000 points.

KC will probably end up in the middle of the pack, and their first round draft pick would be worth 1000 points or less. To get in the ball park, you would have to offer the first and second round pick from this year and next year, but I still think you would be a couple hundered points short, so you'd probably have to throw in this year's 3rd and maybe a decent player. Would never happen.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Mark M
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
What would it take to get Leinert (sp?)

How about an act of god? Because that's the only way it'll happen.

How about we wait two years and nab Tim Rattay from Frisco? I'm sure CP is dying to get in another SF castoff.

MM
~~:shake:

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 10:19 AM
2 firsts at least. It just might be worth it.What if the sunshine boy don't want to play for K.C.?

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Would depend on how we finish the season. Just a guess but maybe this years 1st, 2nd, and 4th plus our 07 1st.I think we should go the opposite way. We need picks, lots of them. We have a ton of holes to fill after this year.

Shields will retire, If Roaf doesn't his hammy will, If Priest doesn't we can trade him(I know we have LJ but Trich as #2 back?), The Defensive line minus Allen needs an ambulance.

Its going to take picks, because we know CP will fug a few of them up.