PDA

View Full Version : You have SIX ****ING COUNTRY CHANNELS, XM!

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Give me ONE New Wave channel.

Bastards.

/misses Retro-Active on Music Choice already. :sulk:

MOhillbilly
11-15-2005, 09:12 AM
they have a good hardcore/punk station. they play AF,DKM,forced reality Ect.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I think I'd rather have my weiner poked inside out than listen to new wave or techno.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 09:22 AM
XMU, love it.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm all about the 90's on 9,and Top Trax XM 46. (Classic Rock)

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
XMU, love it.Ooh, "Do You Want To." Nice.

Still doesn't make up for the loss of Retro-Active, but it's one of XM's highlights.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Ooh, "Do You Want To." Nice.

Still doesn't make up for the loss of Retro-Active, but it's one of XM's highlights.I hear they are planning to audio of arrested development on XM.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I hear they are planning to audio of arrested development on XM.Why would you tease me like that? Haven't I been good to you?

Bwana
11-15-2005, 09:44 AM
I think that they have one on Sirius but I don't listen to it. I invested about a month ago and went with Sirius because of the NFL. If you are into NasCar and don't listen to the NFL, (I'm Not) go with XM. XM doesn't have the NFL, fuggen Nancy boys.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Why would you tease me like that? Haven't I been good to you?I know.

I am a bad person.

If it makes you feel any better it will be cold as all hell here in Springfield and my coat is in KC.

If that doesn't help welll....

I am a Chiefs fan. That should do it.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I think that they have one on SiriusIf I had any money, I would so go invest in a Sirius radio just to spite XM for bumping off Music Choice.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
XM has a great slate of programming. I chose it over Sirius because I don't listen to NFL games I watch em. Thats not the case for everyone though.

I will say that even though XM has a few stations that I enjoy more so than Sirius. Sirius does have one single station that I love. I have never seen one radio station so in line with music I enjoy.

Sirius...Left Of Center.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1104779639693

Saulbadguy
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
I think that they have one on Sirius but I don't listen to it. I invested about a month ago and went with Sirius because of the NFL. If you are into NasCar and don't listen to the NFL, (I'm Not) go with XM. XM doesn't have the NFL, fuggen Nancy boys.
I don't listen to NFL games. I watch them. :)

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't listen to NFL games. I watch them. :)Thanks for the input, Zach.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the input, Zach.
EVERYONE LISTEN HERE AND NOW.

THERE IS INDISPUTABLE EMPIRICAL EVIDANCE (THE KIND OF STUFF ID CAN'T PRODUCE) THAT SAUL AND ZACH ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON.

HEED THIS WARNING FOOLS.

ANYONE WHO CLAIMS A SAUL\ZACH CONSPIRIACY WILL BE THROWN ON AN ISLAND WHERE A GROUP OF THUGS WILL PROCEED TO BEAT THE ASS OF SAID NON BELIEVER.

Thank you for your time.

Cochise
11-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Which is better, XM or Sirius?

Tell me which one I should buy and how much it's going to cost me to get started. I want a unit I can use both in the car and in the house.

Cochise
11-15-2005, 09:59 AM
EVERYONE LISTEN HERE AND NOW.

THERE IS INDISPUTABLE EMPIRICAL EVIDANCE (THE KIND OF STUFF ID CAN'T PRODUCE) THAT SAUL AND ZACH ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON.

HEED THIS WARNING FOOLS.

ANYONE WHO CLAIMS A SAUL\ZACH CONSPIRIACY WILL BE THROWN ON AN ISLAND WHERE A GROUP OF THUGS WILL PROCEED TO BEAT THE ASS OF SAID NON BELIEVER.

Thank you for your time.

So did you cry when you heard about Bill Snyder?

Bob Dole
11-15-2005, 09:59 AM
The XM choices available appear to suck.

Bad.

|Zach|
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
So did you cry when you heard about Bill Snyder?You had to do it...

They are coming to get you...

http://info.detnews.com/dn/history/riot/images/mob.gif

Bob Dole
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM

Tell me which one I should buy and how much it's going to cost me to get started. I want a unit I can use both in the car and in the house.

You can get an online free trial of both and decide which pile of shit satisfies your hunger best.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Hmm... apparently, XM has a channel called Fred that could have some of what I'm looking for. I may have found this out earlier if Fred and XM Cafe weren't mislabeled for some reason (Fred is playing on 832 and listed as XM Cafe; vice versa for Cafe on 839).

Until now, the Alternative sounds of the 70s and 80s didn't have a home on the radio. Fred brings you Depeche Mode, Bowie, The Clash, The Cure, The Smiths, liberally seasoned with Seattle Grunge and Punk. **** yes, very promising.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Wow, She Wants Revenge is currently on Ethel.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Wow, She Wants Revenge is currently on Ethel.Aaaaaand they ruin it with U2.

"Turning Japanese" on Fred, at least.

Jmart
11-15-2005, 11:02 AM

I just got an XM2Go portable player that works at home and in the car. It's cool you can record five hours of music and listen at the gym or wherever you can not get a strong signal. The prices are dropping drastically for these. I paid 160 before a $50 rebate and the next day I looked on Cnet.com and they were even cheaper. It cost $10 to activate my service and $12 a month. I am very happy with it thus far!

Swanman
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM

I have XM and am a huge fan of it. If you just look at the music choices, they're fairly similar, although I've heard Sirius tends to be more hit-based, so you'll have a lot more repitition of certain songs on Sirius. Sirius has the NFL, but XM broadcasts EVERY baseball game, so given that few people listen to NFL games but many listen to MLB games, edge goes to XM for many people.

As far as startup costs, I had XM installed in my car and I also purchased a home kit. You have to purchase the following:

- XM receiver - I have the Skyfi II and like it a lot
- Car kit
- Home kit
- Installation costs if you don't install it yourself (CC charges about $50 for install)

In total, the startup cost came out to just under $300 and under the 2 year contract, I pay $9 a month.

David.
11-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Ugh, I don't want to hear it =/

I'm stuck listening to crappy numetal bands on crackly local FM stations.

stevieray
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
the cure for your depeched mode?

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2005, 04:54 AM
So, Fred is playing TMBG.

Bwana
11-16-2005, 07:40 AM
I don't listen to NFL games. I watch them. :)

I do as well most of the time, but there are those times, like this weekend when I will be driving home from elk camp where I either listen to it on the radio, or miss the game. As much as I travel these days, it is a must on the road as well. There are way to many areas in MT, WY, ND and SD with limited radio coverage and I have about wore out my CD's. :)

shakesthecat
11-16-2005, 07:47 AM
After spending a few hours listening to the new XM channels on DirecTV last night I came to the conclusion that it stomps the mudhole out of Music Choice.

There are at least 35 channels that I'd listen to, compared to about 15 on MC.

Thanks DTV!

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2005, 07:52 AM
After spending a few hours listening to the new XM channels on DirecTV last night I came to the conclusion that it stomps the mudhole out of Music Choice.

Thanks DTV!Fred has really allayed my fears, I must say. It's not exactly Retro-Active, but it's close enough to be, like, weird brother of Retro-Active.

"The Move" seems nice, but a tad unfocused. It's a House channel, supposedly, but I've heard some seriously Ragga/Jungly stuff throbbing forth from it, as well.

shakesthecat
11-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Fred has really allayed my fears, I must say. It's not exactly Retro-Active, but it's close enough to be, like, weird brother of Retro-Active.

Yep, Fred has some good stuff. I was hoping Boneyard would have been included in the base package, but oh well.

I see your point about too many country stations, though I do like the ones that play traditional country. 4 would have been plenty.

Bob Dole
11-16-2005, 08:42 AM

Thanks DTV!

Do they have anything that's the equivalent of the Music Choice that was on 818?

shakesthecat
11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Do they have anything that's the equivalent of the Music Choice that was on 818?

Not sure what that was, but I think you'll find something close.

Here's a link to the complete offering
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/see/MusicChoice_chandescriptions.jsp

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2005, 11:21 PM
DOUBLE DUTCH BUS ON "THE 80S."

(Go XM, it's your birthday.)

Nightwish
11-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Give me ONE New Wave channel.

Bastards.

/misses Retro-Active on Music Choice already. :sulk:
I'm pretty loyal to the metal scene (not that extreme metal crap that now dominates Headbanger's Ball, but 80s metal, power metal and prog metal), but I do have to admit that I have a weakness for 80s-era new wave, stuff like Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Tears for Fears, etc.

Halfcan
11-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I get tortured with xm radio at work, particularly by a manger who is a Disco Queen. XM has only one hard rock channel, one alblum rock- and 200 other shitty channels.

ZootedGranny
11-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Don't like country music, Psicosis? Well then you oughta leave...GOD'S AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/cslewis.jpg

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Don't like country music, Psicosis? Well then you oughta leave...GOD'S AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/cslewis.jpgROFL

Halfcan
11-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Country is like a big hemorroid on the music industry's ass, that never seems to go away.

Rausch
11-17-2005, 01:36 AM
You can get an online free trial of both and decide which pile of shit satisfies your hunger best.
ROFL

Miles
11-17-2005, 01:54 AM
When I have taken my car into the dealer they have given me a car that had XM in it. Its really nice for sports but I was fairly dissapointed in the music. It seemed they had a wide variety of shit I don't like.

Halfcan
11-17-2005, 02:44 AM
XM needs a freakin all Rush channel. Especially since Rush R30 Live is coming out.

Thirty years of making the best music in the world.

Brock
11-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Hmm... apparently, XM has a channel called Fred that could have some of what I'm looking for. I may have found this out earlier if Fred and XM Cafe weren't mislabeled for some reason (Fred is playing on 832 and listed as XM Cafe; vice versa for Cafe on 839).

**** yes, very promising.

It's certainly my favorite channel on XM.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2005, 09:14 AM
It's certainly my favorite channel on XM.You = fly.

http://stayfly.ytmnd.com/

Mark M
11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Where the hell do you guys get the $$ for this shit? Hell, I'm still on ****ing DIAL-UP!

You're all a bunch of single ****tards, aren't ya? Or rich ... yeah ... I bet you're all a bunch of spoiled little brats who don't have to work. That's why you're on a bulletin board all day talking about your elitist toys that make some of us just a tad jealous.

You'll all get yours ... oh yes ... you'll ... get ... yours.

MM
~~:fire:

shakesthecat
11-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Where the hell do you guys get the $$ for this shit? Hell, I'm still on ****ing DIAL-UP!

You're all a bunch of single ****tards, aren't ya? Or rich ... yeah ... I bet you're all a bunch of spoiled little brats who don't have to work. That's why you're on a bulletin board all day talking about your elitist toys that make some of us just a tad jealous.

You'll all get yours ... oh yes ... you'll ... get ... yours.

MM
~~:fire:

It's called a "job", and maybe if you'd spent a little more time chasing grades rather than reefer when you were younger, you could get one too.

Damn hippies

Mark M
11-17-2005, 09:43 AM
It's called a "job", and maybe if you'd spent a little more time chasing grades rather than reefer when you were younger, you could get one too.

Damn hippies

MM
~~ROFL

Bob Dole
12-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Not sure what that was, but I think you'll find something close.

Here's a link to the complete offering
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/see/MusicChoice_chandescriptions.jsp

Bob Dole has settled in comfortably with Squizz (835).

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Squizz is the best...

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I think that they have one on Sirius but I don't listen to it. I invested about a month ago and went with Sirius because of the NFL. If you are into NasCar and don't listen to the NFL, (I'm Not) go with XM. XM doesn't have the NFL, fuggen Nancy boys.Eh, If i have time to listen to a fooball game, I'd be in front of a TV, instead...

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2005, 01:33 AM
If I had any money, I would so go invest in a Sirius radio just to spite XM for bumping off Music Choice.Actually, you should switch to Dish, to spite DTV for dumping Music Choice...
:)

ENDelt260
12-19-2005, 01:34 AM
So, Fred is playing TMBG.
Winnar!

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2005, 01:34 AM

Tell me which one I should buy and how much it's going to cost me to get started. I want a unit I can use both in the car and in the house.If you do not care about NFL broadcasting, I'd go with XM...

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Bob Dole has settled in comfortably with Squizz (835).Hey, its cool to see an old guy into metal...
ROFL

Swanman
12-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Squizz is the best...

I love when they go into their station ID breaks and put some weird message on the screen of the receiver like, "F*** Sheila", "Anyone seen a yeti?" and "Call now f***ers". Easily my favorite music station on XM.

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey, its cool to see an old guy into metal...
ROFL

And homeless, to boot.

Anubis_Zyklon
12-19-2005, 05:36 PM
How many metal stations do they have? i hope at least one. I need to get myself XM or Sirius that is for sure.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2005, 02:42 AM
I love when they go into their station ID breaks and put some weird message on the screen of the receiver like, "F*** Sheila", "Anyone seen a yeti?" and "Call now f***ers". Easily my favorite music station on XM."The ****in' Metal show"

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Winnar!I think it was Birdhouse in Your Soul, though I really don't remember.

Why is this in GeeksPlanet? Why is GeeksPlanet so ****ed-up?

It should either be a "help desk" or an "everything even tangentially related to technology goes here" dumping post, but at the moment, it's neither.

Swanman
12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
How many metal stations do they have? i hope at least one. I need to get myself XM or Sirius that is for sure.

Squizz is the only metal station they have right now. They do have another station called Liquid Metal that is online only that plays much more hardcore/death metal type stuff. On Liquid Metal, the most mainstream you will get would be Machine Head or Fear Factory, most are bands I haven't heard of. Squizz is pretty damn diverse, so if you have narrow tastes in metal, you might not like it but I love it. For example, they'll play songs by Default, Pantera, Three Doors Down, Korn and Cradle of Filth one after the other. Regardless, it's about a million times better than anything on regular radio.