PDA

View Full Version : LJ on 810 this morning.

Molitoth
11-15-2005, 08:50 AM
LJ doesn't feel comfortable being "the guy who stepped in for Priest Holmes" because Priest the legacy in Kansas City.
yadda yadda yadda, it doesn't sound like LJ really wants to be here. =(

Anyone else get in on that interview??

Demonpenz
11-15-2005, 08:53 AM
larry johnson and Angel Berrora should be bullfighters

penguinz
11-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Would you feel comfortable if all people asked you about was the guy you are replacing?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 08:59 AM
I know I'd LOVE it if all I ever got to talk about was the guy that worked here before me...

:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
No worries mate. He's locked down through 2008. The new coach will come in and say they sure did ddiss you LJ, treated you like chit. But I say your the man. King Carl give the man a contract extension and wear some roco wear to the presser.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:15 AM
No worries mate. He's locked down through 2008. The new coach will come in and say they sure did ddiss you LJ, treated you like chit. But I say your the man. King Carl give the man a contract extension and wear some roco wear to the presser.

Yep.

the Talking Can
11-15-2005, 09:16 AM
next year will be a new staff and no one will be talking about it...though LJ seems to always find something to complain about...first he wasn't playing...now he is and he still isn't happy....great

you're not the first person to replace a great player..you moron

Fire Me Boy!
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
He's got to keep that chip firmly in place.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
LJ may one day be the next T.O.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2005, 09:21 AM

Dead on.

ck_IN
11-15-2005, 09:27 AM
LJ is just marking time untill he can get to a more 'exciting' city. I'm thinking the Jets or Giants. By then Martin or Barber should be done.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 09:30 AM
It's naive to think that just because we have him under contract that we have nothing to worry about. If he decides to be an A-hole about it (which I believe he's fully capable of), he will eventually get out of KC.

I think a new HC is our only hope, and even then I'm not convinced he can make it happen.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2005, 09:30 AM
LJ is just marking time untill he can get to a more 'exciting' city. I'm thinking the Jets or Giants. By then Martin or Barber should be done.

I would franchise his ass until Armageddon. If he becomes a TO about it, then another team would become interested.... and another team is gonna give up a lot to get him. Period.

DaWolf
11-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Honestly, he's probably getting that feeling more from the team and coaches than anything. As far as the fans seem to be concerned, and this is probably sad considering what Priest has done for us, but most of us sound like we're ready to bury Priest and get going with LJ's big play ability...

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:37 AM
LJ may one day be the next T.O.

ROFL

This place never ceases to amaze...

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Honestly, he's probably getting that feeling more from the team and coaches than anything. As far as the fans seem to be concerned, and this is probably sad considering what Priest has done for us, but most of us sound like we're ready to bury Priest and get going with LJ's big play ability...

It wouldn't surprise me at all. The babies in our front office are more petty than a gaggle of 14-year-old girls...

Brock
11-15-2005, 09:39 AM
he'll probably find out what Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander already have.....they just aren't viewed as being that important.

RINGLEADER
11-15-2005, 09:45 AM
He may be locked up through 2008 but plan on a contract holdout in the off-season. No way his new agent lets him sit there for three seasons (the agent's going to want to get some coin and it won't happen until there's a new deal).

Bank on it.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Someone should call in and tell LJ that HoF Rbs can usually pass block, and don't drop 2-3 passes a game.

I like the way he runs, but his whining game is going to get old real fast.

jjjayb
11-15-2005, 09:51 AM

Actually, in the interview he seemed more concerned about the fans than anything. Basically he said everyone loves Priest for what he does off the field as well as what he does on the field. He knows the fans like what he does on the field. But he has an issue with the way he is perceived off the field in his personal life.

Basically, it won't matter with a new coach. K.C. isn't hip-hop enough for him. He's gone when his contract is up.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Tell him to stop pistol whipping ex girlfriends and running his mouth on the radio, and bitching at fans who want his autograph his rookie year.....would all be an excellent beginning to being percieved better by fans off the field.

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
He may be locked up through 2008 but plan on a contract holdout in the off-season. No way his new agent lets him sit there for three seasons (the agent's going to want to get some coin and it won't happen until there's a new deal).

Bank on it.
Yep and you can bank on it turning out the same way as James and Alexander. He hasn't done more for this team than they have done for their teams. He's not better than them. I'd take either of those over LJ.

The only thing that may make this off season go the right way is that they can blame ever bad thing done to LJ by the Chiefs on DV.

LJ has said on several occasions that he has love for King Carl. Whatever that means:hmmm:

MichaelH
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
He wanted the start and now he's got it. Shut up and run the damn ball! :#

jspchief
11-15-2005, 09:57 AM
I would franchise his ass until Armageddon. If he becomes a TO about it, then another team would become interested.... and another team is gonna give up a lot to get him. Period.And that would help how? Does the name Dan Williams mean anything to you?

Franchising him isn't going to force him on the field, and it sure as hell isn't going to improve his attitude towards the organization.

If LJ ultimately decides he won't play for the Chiefs, there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Brock
11-15-2005, 09:59 AM
LJ has said on several occasions that he has love for King Carl. Whatever that means:hmmm:

I think he hates Vermeil and Saunders, and possibly with good reason.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:02 AM
LJ DESERVES to play somewhere else.

Just look at the things said in this thread.

beavis
11-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Someone should call in and tell LJ that HoF Rbs can usually pass block, and don't drop 2-3 passes a game.

I like the way he runs, but his whining game is going to get old real fast.
You're just pissed because he's not showing you the Kwan.

Braincase
11-15-2005, 10:04 AM
LJ will be looking for a trade to LA. No history to fight off, he can be the man that reestablshes LA as a football mecca.

I hear they have more of his kind of people out there, too, with mre flash and bling than us poor country folks can understand.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
LJ DESERVES to play somewhere else.

Just look at the things said in this thread.LJ deserves to play somewhere else, but it has nothing to do with the lack of coddling from fans.

Extra Point
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Al Davis is waiting for LJ, if he lives long enough.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
LJ deserves to play somewhere else, but it has nothing to do with the lack of coddling from fans.

Lack of coddling? Try complete idiocy.

I especially like "K.C. isn't hip-hop enough for him." Just when I think people here can't say anything more dumb...

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm just pissed that King Pink changed his jersey number after I bought the old one.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
And that would help how? Does the name Dan Williams mean anything to you?

Franchising him isn't going to force him on the field, and it sure as hell isn't going to improve his attitude towards the organization.

If LJ ultimately decides he won't play for the Chiefs, there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

My main point is the Chiefs have a tremendous amount of leverage to keep him here, if they choose to. If he decides to be an ass about it, yeah....he could sit. I'm just saying short of major compensation in a trade, I just might allow him to sit--or at least make him think I would.

jcroft
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Dead on.

Actually, it was only <em>almost</em> dead on. It's Roca Wear, not roco wear. :)

jspchief
11-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Lack of coddling? Try complete idiocy.

I especially like "K.C. isn't hip-hop enough for him." Just when I think people here can't say anything more dumb...Speaking of idiocy, the notion that comments made on a BB are some sort of factor in where LJ plays seems to fit the bill.

LJ's been mishandled by the organization from day one. They were in a tough situation, and I don't know how they should have done it differently, but he still deserved better than what he got.

But to pretend the fans are running him out of town is absurd. We cheer just a loudly for him as we did Holmes. If he wants to attain the level of reverance the Holmes gets, he can start by shutting his mouth and not beating women.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't recall the average fan thinking Priest Holmes was running back Jesus after his first couple of games in KC.

Johnson will be treated just fine by fans when he's running the ball. How he's treated for his off the field activities rest souly with Leon and Leon's actions and words.

He's 2 starts from speaking in the 3rd person....I figure for the Denver game his interview will start with "Clifford Franklin is just one man....Clifford Franklin runs the ball when the coaches are smart enough to give Clifford Franklin the ball".

If he acts like a jerkoff, fans will treat him that way off the field....because he'll be a wealthy jerkoff....If he stops the whining, bashing of the city/fans/team and holds off beating Clifford Franklin's girlfriend, Fans will treat him great.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Speaking of idiocy, the notion that comments made on a BB are some sort of factor in where LJ plays seems to fit the bill.

LJ's been mishandled by the organization from day one. They were in a tough situation, and I don't know how they should have done it differently, but he still deserved better than what he got.

But to pretend the fans are running him out of town is absurd. We cheer just a loudly for him as we did Holmes. If he wants to attain the level of reverance the Holmes gets, he can start by shutting his mouth and not beating women.

What?

The comments made on this BB are a tiny cross-section of the calls that are made every day to both 810 and 610, in GREAT volume. If all you ever hear about yourself from fans is negative, why the **** would you want to stay?

Besides, who said the fans are running him out of town, anyway? Not him. Not me.

He's simply upset that the fans don't like him. And with good reason. He's been labelled as a malcontent for something he had no control over - namely being sorely mistreated by this coaching staff. After all, it wasn't him who made the diapers comment - funny, I don't remember people telling Dick to shut his mouth. Or when he called Ryan Sims' agent "Engledork" - where's the outrage? After all, one is a 25-year-old BOY learning about life, the other is a 70-year-old MAN who should know better.

As for the hitting of women, he did it once, and for all we know that's the only time he's gonna ever do it. Continuing to drag it into the conversation just proves the point about the fans...

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't recall the average fan thinking Priest Holmes was running back Jesus after his first couple of games in KC.

Johnson will be treated just fine by fans when he's running the ball. How he's treated for his off the field activities rest souly with Leon and Leon's actions and words.

He's 2 starts from speaking in the 3rd person....I figure for the Denver game his interview will start with "Clifford Franklin is just one man....Clifford Franklin runs the ball when the coaches are smart enough to give Clifford Franklin the ball".

If he acts like a jerkoff, fans will treat him that way off the field....because he'll be a wealthy jerkoff....If he stops the whining, bashing of the city/fans/team and holds off beating Clifford Franklin's girlfriend, Fans will treat him great.

See what I mean?

Yes, Larry Johnson has made some mistakes. But he's never done ANYTHING to warrant the "Leon" hyperbole. Nothing even REMOTELY close.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Keep listening Parker.

It doesn't take a Whoopie Goldberg looking psychic to see it coming.

Personally, I don't care so much about what his reputation is off the field(as long as its not criminal) or if he's liked by fans, as long as he's averaging 5 ypc, improves his pass protection and spends some time on the Jugs machine.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Keep listening Parker.

It doesn't take a Whoopie Goldberg looking psychic to see it coming.

It's not gonna happen, unless Vermeil comes back next year.

When this coaching staff leaves, Larry Johnson's alleged "attitude" leaves with it.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
What?

The comments made on this BB are a tiny cross-section of the calls that are made every day to both 810 and 610, in GREAT volume. If all you ever hear about yourself from fans is negative, why the **** would you want to stay?

Besides, who said the fans are running him out of town, anyway? Not him. Not me.

He's simply upset that the fans don't like him. And with good reason. He's been labelled as a malcontent for something he had no control over - namely being sorely mistreated by this coaching staff. After all, it wasn't him who made the diapers comment - funny, I don't remember people telling Dick to shut his mouth. Or when he called Ryan Sims' agent "Engledork" - where's the outrage? After all, one is a 25-year-old BOY learning about life, the other is a 70-year-old MAN who should know better.

As for the hitting of women, he did it once, and for all we know that's the only time he's gonna ever do it. Continuing to drag it into the conversation just proves the point about the fans...A lot of fans told Vermeil to shut the f*ck up after the diaper comments. Maybe that was before I was on this BB, but the one I was on had a very large majority of people that felt Vermeil was in the wrong.

And to be honest, he is a malcontent. The first time he bitched about playing time was when this team was 7-0. When you're a rookie on an undefeated team, you shut your god damn mouth.

People remember his woman beating because it was the first impression he gave us. They are reminded because this summer he was in another situation that had rumblings of the same thing.

If you want to pretend that LJ isn't an asshole, go ahead. But the fact remains is he comes off as asshole to alot of people, and that's why he may never be seen the same as Holmes in Chiefs fans' eyes. He made his bed, now he's going to have to lie in it for awhile.

If he would just keep his mouth shut, his play would eventually overshadow his past.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 10:27 AM
"I don't fuggin play for penn state"

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:30 AM
A lot of fans told Vermeil to shut the f*ck up after the diaper comments. Maybe that was before I was on this BB, but the one I was on had a very large majority of people that felt Vermeil was in the wrong.

And to be honest, he is a malcontent. The first time he bitched about playing time was when this team was 7-0. When you're a rookie on an undefeated team, you shut your god damn mouth.

People remember his woman beating because it was the first impression he gave us. They are reminded because this summer he was in another situation that had rumblings of the same thing.

If you want to pretend that LJ isn't an asshole, go ahead. But the fact remains is he comes off as asshole to alot of people, and that's why he may never be seen the same as Holmes in Chiefs fans' eyes. He made his bed, now he's going to have to lie in it for awhile.

If he would just keep his mouth shut, his play would eventually overshadow his past.

I'm not at all trying to pretend that LJ ins't an asshole. He's certainly made some mistakes.

But to pretend that he's 100% of the problem is ridiculous.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see how the fans respond when Vermeil is gone and Larry Johnson is suddenly content with his role and his playing time...

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
"I don't fuggin play for penn state"

He had the same problems in Penn State. Complaining of not playing enough until really his senior year. He was behind a few decent RBs. This is this guys M.O. As long as he runs on game day, he can run his mouth.

Count Zarth
11-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I think Vermeil might stick around for another year. :shake:

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 10:33 AM
He had the same problems in Penn State. Complaining of not playing enough until really his senior year. He was behind a few decent RBs. This is this guys M.O. As long as he runs on game day, he can run his mouth.

He had a right to complain at PSU. He shared backfield time with Eric fuggin McCoo. All he did when given the chance was rush for 2000 yards and 8 yards per carry.

That being said, Priest Holmes is not Eric McCoo. He should have known better.

Iowanian
11-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I do agree that Johnson was RIGHT when he said the coaches are getting "too cute" with the offense.

They need to go to pounding the ball, work play action and try to keep Green alive.

siberian khatru
11-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I just hope LJ doesn't criticize KC's selection of restaurants.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 10:35 AM
He had a right to complain at PSU. He shared backfield time with Eric fuggin McCoo. All he did when given the chance was rush for 2000 yards and 8 yards per carry.

That being said, Priest Holmes is not Eric McCoo. He should have known better.

I am just showing how the guy goes against the grain. We all know he was a better RB than McCoo, but he is never satisfied. If he does leave the team he will still find something to complain about.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I think Vermeil might stick around for another year. :shake:

I hope you are wrong; but fear you may be right. :banghead:

Count Zarth
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
I can already see it coming. We'll finish 9-7 and Dick will think "well if Willie hadn't gotten hurt..."

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 10:48 AM
It's naive to think that just because we have him under contract that we have nothing to worry about. If he decides to be an A-hole about it (which I believe he's fully capable of), he will eventually get out of KC.

I think a new HC is our only hope, and even then I'm not convinced he can make it happen.Trade the fugger for pics.

Perhaps it is time for some of you to read a book called moneyball.

There has to be good people out there, that evaluate talent at a competitive level. What I am saying is, they guess better than others do to some abstract statistics etc. We need to hire these people. That should be job one of the new General Manager.

Get them in place, and blow the ship up. Trade for prospects, they are always cheaper to sign than proven stars, eventually you have a whole team of quality players that all fit under the cap.

Although the A's don't have a cap in baseball, they have a budgetary constraint that acts like one, and it is lower than the rest of the league. It is time to start thinking outside of the box. If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got. I for one am sick of mediocrity. The entire organization needs to take on a front of grade A, nothing but the finest gets considered to wear a Chiefs uniform. Someone bitches, or is a headcase like this kid LJ, trade the fugger for pics. It may take a few years, but when we start dominating the drafts like the Chargers did the last few years, it will bear fruit.

Even Marty is haveing a hard time fugging that up.

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Fugg LJ! He's got the character of a punk bitch with no leadership qualities at all.

Count Zarth
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Fugg LJ! He's got the character of a punk bitch with no leadership qualities at all.

How many 25-year olds are leaders on their teams in today's NFL?

LJ has attitude. Given time, he will become a leader.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Fugg LJ! He's got the character of a punk bitch with no leadership qualities at all.So are you "calling him out". lmao.,

Seriously now, there is no room for Idol worship in the plan I laid out.

Some of your favorite players will become bait for prospects, and they will be dished.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I do agree that Johnson was RIGHT when he said the coaches are getting "too cute" with the offense.

They need to go to pounding the ball, work play action and try to keep Green alive.Johnson is right there, perhaps carl should sign him up as a player coach.

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2005, 11:00 AM

Bank on it.
I don't think he's willing to hold out for 2-3 years.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 11:03 AM

LJ is a fake thug trying hard to represent some made up hood he thinks that he was raised in. He will never be a leader. He doesn't have any leadership quality. If this guys wasn't running as well as he was you would be asking for his head, because of the way he carries himself.

Lurch
11-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Will someone please tell this dude to just shut up and play? After a couple of 1000 yds seasons and a pro bowl appearance, then maybe he can run his mouth?

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't think he's willing to hold out for 2-3 years.I say trade the bitch.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Do you think the Niners could use a good running back to hand off to?

We might get that top pick, plus some lower ones, to get a QBOTF?

Pants
11-15-2005, 11:13 AM

That's a good idea. Plus that way Priest could come back without facing any RB controversies...

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Anybody notice where Shawn Alexander and Edgerrin James are currently ranked in the stats?

If nobody will give up a 2nd-round pick for either one of those guys, we aren't getting shit for Larry Johnson.

Besides, he won't have to hold out. He'll get his contract -- he was Carl Peterson's personal pick.

Warrior5
11-15-2005, 11:45 AM
He's got to keep that chip firmly in place.

Exactly; LJ appears to be the eternally angry, chip-on-my-shoulder guy.

Haven't liked him yet. Hope he gets an attitude adjustment soon.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM

They need to go to pounding the ball, work play action and try to keep Green alive.

Exactly...

jcroft
11-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Oh yeah, I'm sure the Niners are going to give up their number one pick, plus some lower ones, for Larry Johnson, who was picked, what, number 30 in the draft? LJ has been very good, but you're fooling yourself if you think he can fetch the number one pick overall!

Personally, I'm with Parker on this one. LJ needs to learn to keep his mouth shut to the media, but he's not done anything to give the rap you guys are giving him. I like the fact that he's never satisfied. I like that he wants to be on the field. It's too bad him and DV don't seem to get along, but it's certainly not all LJ's fault, nor does it mean one of the have to go. Even despite their ongoing tiff, LJ has got his carries and has done pretty damn well with them. Everything is just fine.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah, I'm sure the Niners are going to give up their number one pick, plus some lower ones, for Larry Johnson, who was picked, what, number 30 in the draft? LJ has been very good, but you're fooling yourself if you think he can fetch the number one pick overall!

Personally, I'm with Parker on this one. LJ needs to learn to keep his mouth shut to the media, but he's not done anything to give the rap you guys are giving him. I like the fact that he's never satisfied. I like that he wants to be on the field. It's too bad him and DV don't seem to get along, but it's certainly not all LJ's fault, nor does it mean one of the have to go. Even despite their ongoing tiff, LJ has got his carries and has done pretty damn well with them. Everything is just fine.Who the fug knows what we can get, it was just a hypothetical suggestion.

Frankly, I like how LJ plays between the lines, but then again, I like how TO plays between the lines too. Does that just about size it up for you?

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Anybody notice where Shawn Alexander and Edgerrin James are currently ranked in the stats?

If nobody will give up a 2nd-round pick for either one of those guys, we aren't getting shit for Larry Johnson.

Besides, he won't have to hold out. He'll get his contract -- he was Carl Peterson's personal pick.Thanks for shedding some reality on my hypothesis.

Its all about market value. We need to make LJ, and other players like him, more marketable to other teams, than when we picked them up. Then we pocket the extra value added to them. Then you dump em.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Who the fug knows what we can get, it was just a hypothetical suggestion.

Frankly, I like how LJ plays between the lines, but then again, I like how TO plays between the lines too. Does that just about size it up for you?

A poorly researched hypothetical question.

Both James and Alexander were available this offseason. They got ZERO interest, even when the asking price was dropped to one 2nd-round pick.

Trading LJ is a ridiculous scenario.

And comparing him to Terrell Owens is even more ridiculous.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks for shedding some reality on my hypothesis.

Its all about market value. We need to make LJ, and other players like him, more marketable to other teams, than when we picked them up. Then we pocket the extra value added to them. Then you dump em.

This isn't the stock market. You don't dump people just because they appreciated in value...

jcroft
11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
So, when I say you're nuts for suggesting we could get a #1 pick for LJ, your response is "Who the fug knows what we can get," and when Parker does, your response is "Thanks for shedding some reality on my hypothesis?"

Nice. Keep on ass-kissing.

unlurking
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, guess lemme be one of the few who doesn't give a **** about his attitude, and likes the way he plays the game. I also don't give a damn what he says to reporters. If I cared about that, I'd be too busy getting pissed off at crybaby for being a liar all the time.

jspchief
11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
So, when I say you're nuts for suggesting we could get a #1 pick for LJ, your response is "Who the fug knows what we can get," and when Parker does, your response is "Thanks for shedding some reality on my hypothesis?"

Nice. Keep on ass-kissing.I think the response was based on the fact that htis gave two recent examples of why it wouldn't work.

Inferiority complex?

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
LJ is a fake thug trying hard to represent some made up hood he thinks that he was raised in.

It's a culture thing. I'm probably the most "white" dude on the planet. I have no soul, no fasjhion sense, have no idea why people listen to rap all the time, couldn't name you 5 songs from Usher etc etc

But I don't judge. Maybe its just rebellion plain and simple? I don't pretend to understand this thug culture. If someone wants to listen to rap all day fine. Wants to wear cornrolls and his pants off his hips no issues with me. I'm all for personal expression.

I think we are all pre-disposed to like or dislike a person on how close we identify with them. Do we have anything in common? Thats why you see a lot of Grisby and Allen fans on this board. You hear about them at bars that you might frequent. Drinking beer, going to concerts you would attend. Eating BBQ and wearing clothing that you might choose to wear. And there is nothing wrong with that. Basic human nature.

He was screwed over by DV and Saunders. He has a right to be pissed off.

No RB likes the bench. Every RB wants to carry the rock. Thats why Priest was a Chief to start with. He didn't want to ride the pine.

We don't know LJ. He shouldn't hit a women. He apoligized and said it wouldn't happen again. We have all made mistakes. Ours just don't end up in the paper.

A good NFL RB is also arrogant and has an attitude. For every media savvy Marcus Allen or Emmit Smith there are 15 LJ's. He's not the same personality as Priest. He's got some T.O. in him.

Bottom line. We should give the guy the benefit of doubt.

KcMizzou
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
It's a culture thing. I'm probably the most "white" dude on the planet. I have no soul, no fasjhion sense, have no idea why people listen to rap all the time, couldn't name you 5 songs from Usher etc etc

But I don't judge. Maybe its just rebellion plain and simple? I don't pretend to understand this thug culture. If someone wants to listen to rap all day fine. Wants to wear cornrolls and his pants off his hips no issues with me.
Heh... proved your own point there.

:p

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:24 PM

Nice. Keep on ass-kissing.I admit, I don't know the details, the ends and outs, the tactics of all this shit. You threw a cup of cold water on my idea, he gave a well thought out response. I am merely trying to suggest a new paradigm of thinking and used the LJ thing as an example, poor as it was, to point this out.

I am sure there are other ways to get value. And if they are not like stocks, then perhaps they should be. Fug em all man, I don't care who is on the field for me, as long as they win.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:26 PM
A poorly researched hypothetical question.

Both James and Alexander were available this offseason. They got ZERO interest, even when the asking price was dropped to one 2nd-round pick.

Trading LJ is a ridiculous scenario.

And comparing him to Terrell Owens is even more ridiculous.TO is a Cat5 storm to LJ's tropical depression

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Heh... proved your own point there.

:p

I'm so frigging white I don't get your point. :)

KcMizzou
11-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm so frigging white I don't get your point. :)It's actually "rows". I'm like .5% less white than you, I guess.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
It's actually "rows". I'm like .5% less white than you, I guess.If the NFL goes down the road the NBA does, I am done with that shit too.

See how many million dollar bling bling contracts you get for playing a game then.

Lurch
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM
If the NFL goes down the road the NBA does, I am done with that shit too.

See how many million dollar bling bling contracts you get for playing a game then.

If the NFL wants to continue to market to the season ticket holders, they won't allow that to happen.

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
If the NFL goes down the road the NBA does, I am done with that shit too.

See thats my point. Theres an undercurrent of "race" involved here and it shouldn't be. It's a culture thing. A lot of us don't understand it so some of us who don't understand it think it must not be a valid fashion or lifestyle choice then.

You see millioniares with bling and treating women like chit in videos and you go WTF I don't want to pay to see that dude.

Thats why the NFL maintains a tight grip on the uniforms and travel day clothes. They realized a long time ago that is not good business.

StcChief
11-15-2005, 12:43 PM
See thats my point. Theres an undercurrent of "race" involved here and it shouldn't be. It's a culture thing. A lot of us don't understand it so some of us who don't understand it think it must not be a valid fashion or lifestyle choice then.

You see millioniares with bling and treating women like chit in videos and you go WTF I don't want to pay to see that dude.

Thats why the NFL maintains a tight grip on the uniforms and travel day clothes. They realized a long time ago that is not good business.

As it should be....If you want to look like a 'hood thud do it on your own away/off season time.....

While your working for NFL team. Our way or the highway....

It's first our business, you are representing our organization and are under contract for big $$$ to be here....

You are replaceable....Just ask T.O.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 12:46 PM
As it should be....If you want to look like a 'hood thud do it on your own away/off season time.....

While your working for NFL team. Our way or the highway....

It's first our business, you are representing our organization and are under contract for big $$$ to be here....

So you want to cut a guy based on the jeans he wears and his hair style?...

Kclee
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
No RB likes the bench. Every RB wants to carry the rock. Thats why Priest was a Chief to start with. He didn't want to ride the pine.

Yeah, and was Priest an ass when he was in Balt.? Blaylock didn't act like an ass either. How about Duce and the Bus with Willie Parker in Pit. D. Foster and Davis. in Car.? Dunn and Duckett? Ricky W. and Brown? Cadilac and Pittman? I don't hear any of them acting like the bitch LJ is.

sedated
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
If nobody will give up a 2nd-round pick for either S Alexander or E James, we aren't getting shit for Larry Johnson.

Those guys are both old.

Denver got a "shut down" corner for their 2nd year RB.

Who says we can't package a deal to get the SF/HOU pick - neither need QB's, need a RB

Wile_E_Coyote
11-15-2005, 12:52 PM
LJ says the problem is people can't handle his honesty. Dude, shouldn't that be a two way street

Chieftain58
11-15-2005, 12:56 PM
LJ needs a nickname, Larry just doesn't sound like a good RB, "LARRY UP THE MIDDLE FOR 20" see what I mean.. How about the "FLASH"... lol :)

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
jjjayb,

I heard the interview. Sounds to me like you're looking to justify your "thug" impression where none exists.

Are you racist?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Those guys are both old.

Who says we can't package a deal to get the SF/HOU pick - neither need QB's, need a RB

Denver got a shut down CB for a 2nd-year RB who had rushed for 1500 yards in back-to-back seasons.

Do you realize how dumb it would be to trade Larry Johnson? Do you honestly think Priest Holmes is coming back?

CupidStunt
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM

Uh, except that's BS.

LJ is not replaceable and neither is T.O. The Eagles suck without him.

Did they replace him? Can we replace Larry? Yes.

Good idea? F*ck no. We'd be 4-12 without him.

Kclee
11-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Do you realize how dumb it would be to trade Larry Johnson? Do you honestly think Priest Holmes is coming back?

Depends on if LJ holds out this off season.

CupidStunt
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Those guys are both old.

The SF/HOU GMs say we can't.

They aren't dumb enough to trade the house for a position that's EASILY filled around the NFL. Just look at the bums who are rushing for 100 yards in different weeks.

RB is the least "worthy" position in football behind the obvious FB/K/P etc. They practically grow on trees.

The only ones worth trading for are the franchise backs and there are few of them. Portis was NOT one; he just looked like it as every other Denver back did.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Those guys are both old.

Who says we can't package a deal to get the SF/HOU pick - neither need QB's, need a RB:hmmm: Can't do that, because we may never ever get another running back.

Tell that to Denver.

My point from the beginning. Running backs are overvalued in the NFL, Denver took advantage of it. The real value in the NFL is in Olineman.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Depends on if LJ holds out this off season.

All of this talk about Larry Johnson holding out is JUST PLAIN STUPID.

1) There's been ZERO indication from Larry himself that he wants more money. At this point, it's 100% speculation.

2) Even if he DOES ask for more money, there's a better than good chance Carl Peterson will give it to him. Carl LOVES him. Carl LOVES the fact that it was his pick and that he was right about Larry Johnson.

Larry Johnson will be a Chief for a long time, if for no other reason than to satisfy King Carl's ego.

Kclee
11-15-2005, 01:17 PM
1) There's been ZERO indication from Larry himself that he wants more money. At this point, it's 100% speculation.

2) Even if he DOES ask for more money, there's a better than good chance Carl Peterson will give it to him. Carl LOVES him. Carl LOVES the fact that it was his pick and that he was right about Larry Johnson.

Larry Johnson will be a Chief for a long time, if for no other reason than to satisfy King Carl's ego.

To number 1) Isn't he in the process of getting a new agent? That's not a sure fire sign that he will ask for more money, but it's more than a ZERO indication. That's why I said it depends, I don't think it's all that unlikely since he will be a starter now, that equals more money in the players mind.

To number 2) I can see your point but if Carl had a fit giving money to Gonzo and Priest, I can see where that could go sour also. Carl may love LJ, but Carl really loves him some mon-ay!

I like the way LJ plays though. I do hope we get a new coaching staff (but I want to keep Gun on D) and I hope LJ gets along with the new coaches so he is a chief for a long time. I just want him to stop acting like a bitch.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 01:18 PM
All of this talk about Larry Johnson holding out is JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Agreed. Hopefully he will just shut up and perform on the field. I don't mind all the yapping, after awhile it just gets played out. You can only be the angry RB for so long. He needs to take this opportunity and capitalize on it.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Denver got a shut down CB for a 2nd-year RB who had rushed for 1500 yards in back-to-back seasons.

If if he does he wouldn't play a whole season. He hasn't the last 2 years...

Wile_E_Coyote
11-15-2005, 01:27 PM
an agent is also a PR guy, LJ could use a good PR guy

Count Zarth
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
LJ's new website:

www.teamme.com

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 01:32 PM
To number 1) Isn't he in the process of getting a new agent? That's not a sure fire sign that he will ask for more money, but it's more than a ZERO indication. That's why I said it depends, I don't think it's all that unlikely since he will be a starter now, that equals more money in the players mind.

To number 2) I can see your point but if Carl had a fit giving money to Gonzo and Priest, I can see where that could go sour also. Carl may love LJ, but Carl really loves him some mon-ay!

I like the way LJ plays though. I do hope we get a new coaching staff (but I want to keep Gun on D) and I hope LJ gets along with the new coaches so he is a chief for a long time. I just want him to stop acting like a bitch.

The early word is that L.J. is in the process of shopping for a new agent, cutting ties with Marvin Demoff, which is an indication that L.J. will soon be shopping for a restructured contract from the Chiefs. His rookie deal expires in 2008.

That came from an article by Jason Whitlock and has been confirmed by nobody that's actually reliable.

How did the situation with Priest or Gonzo "go sour"? In the end, both of them got their money and neither of them missed a single regular season game...

ChiefsFanatic
11-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Didn't Wally Pip go on a media induced killing spree after answering one million questions about being replaced by the original ironman?

Maybe this will be that, only in reverse. I wouldn't want to be next to LJ when he gets asked his one millionth Priest question.

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM

Team players are what all coaches want. Preferably ones that can really play we and LJ can do that but he says nothing about the team just himself. His attitude sucks.

Kclee
11-15-2005, 01:52 PM
The early word is that L.J. is in the process of shopping for a new agent, cutting ties with Marvin Demoff, which is an indication that L.J. will soon be shopping for a restructured contract from the Chiefs. His rookie deal expires in 2008.

That came from an article by Jason Whitlock and has been confirmed by nobody that's actually reliable.

How did the situation with Priest or Gonzo "go sour"? In the end, both of them got their money and neither of them missed a single regular season game...

I meant that I could see the LJ deal go sour( I didn't type it the way I should have before), based on the Priest and Gonzo situations. LJ hasn't done a fraction for the team like Priest and Gonzo did when they were trying to deal. Yes in the end it worked out, but it wasn't pretty at all along the way. And like you said earier about RB's, Even the best ones can't be dealt for even a 2nd rounder. IMO, LJ will think he is worth a ton of money that Carl may not agree with. I could see this going sour. And that's why I made the DEPENDS on if he holds out or not comment. No it doesn't look like Priest will play with us again, BUT if LJ does hold out, which isn't all that far fetched, I think Priest would suit up.

And you are right about the J Whit article. It hasn't been confirmed. Can't really debate that.

Rausch
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Team players are what all coaches want. Preferably ones that can really play we and LJ can do that but he says nothing about the team just himself. His attitude sucks.

Because he wants to help his team win?...

Mecca
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
People want to trade a 25 year old player coming into his prime that's one of our few pieces for the future, brilliant. Some of you guys need to stop insinuating things onto Larry Johnson to support your claims of him being "TO" or a thug. It's getting ridiculous to read this crap in these LJ threads.

Also for that moneyball comment, in the NFL. You don't walk away from 25 year old players coming into their peak years. You walk away from players 30 years of age past their peaks.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually, in the interview he seemed more concerned about the fans than anything. Basically he said everyone loves Priest for what he does off the field as well as what he does on the field. He knows the fans like what he does on the field. But he has an issue with the way he is perceived off the field in his personal life.

Basically, it won't matter with a new coach. K.C. isn't hip-hop enough for him. He's gone when his contract is up.

Well, Larry, that's entirely on your shoulders. You brought that perception upon yourself, only you can change it. And your complaining about it is not a great first step in reversing said perception.

BigRedChief
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
People want to trade a 25 year old player coming into his prime that's one of our few pieces for the future, brilliant. Some of you guys need to stop insinuating things onto Larry Johnson to support your claims of him being "TO" or a thug. It's getting ridiculous to read this crap in these LJ threads.

Also for that moneyball comment, in the NFL. You don't walk away from 25 year old players coming into their peak years. You walk away from players 30 years of age past their peaks.

No chit, baseball and football player economics are not the same. Not even close. You want as many 25 year old in their prime players as you can get and want to get rid of the 30 year old RB's.

wolfpack0735
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
anyone know 810`s call letters? thanks.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
It's not gonna happen, unless Vermeil comes back next year.

When this coaching staff leaves, Larry Johnson's alleged "attitude" leaves with it.

You know, Parker, I always appreciate your takes, and more often than not agree with them. However I have a real problem with the idea that you, and others, espouse that DV is to blame for LJ's attitude. I agree he was mishandled, he was brought into a bad situation and I feel sorry for him in that regard. I can only imagine the frustration that he has had to deal with, but the problem is with the way he has dealt with it. Two wrongs do not a right make, he should have kept this all in house.

DV cannot be blamed for LJ's actions, only LJ is capable of controling those.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
You know, Parker, I always appreciate your takes, and more often than not agree with them. However I have a real problem with the idea that you, and others, espouse that DV is to blame for LJ's attitude. I agree he was mishandled, he was brought into a bad situation and I feel sorry for him in that regard. I can only imagine the frustration that he has had to deal with, but the problem is with the way he has dealt with it. Two wrongs do not a right make, he should have kept this all in house.

DV cannot be blamed for LJ's actions, only LJ is capable of controling those.

LJ and LJ alone is responsible for how he reacts to adversity.

The thing is - I expect MUCH more maturity from a 70-year-old man than I do from a 25-year-old boy.

Both of them have acted extremely immature. However, I expected some of it from LJ...

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I meant that I could see the LJ deal go sour( I didn't type it the way I should have before), based on the Priest and Gonzo situations. LJ hasn't done a fraction for the team like Priest and Gonzo did when they were trying to deal. Yes in the end it worked out, but it wasn't pretty at all along the way. And like you said earier about RB's, Even the best ones can't be dealt for even a 2nd rounder. IMO, LJ will think he is worth a ton of money that Carl may not agree with. I could see this going sour. And that's why I made the DEPENDS on if he holds out or not comment. No it doesn't look like Priest will play with us again, BUT if LJ does hold out, which isn't all that far fetched, I think Priest would suit up.

And you are right about the J Whit article. It hasn't been confirmed. Can't really debate that.

I wouldn't worry about this getting "ugly" like the Priest and Gonzo situations. Priest was coming off an injury and there were questions wether he would be back 100%. Gonzo wanted to keep trying to play in the NBA, and the Chiefs didn't want the risk of losing him to a NBA related injury.

Carl, at the moment, doesn't have anything like either of those situations to bargain with. I suspect that unless LJ wants to make more money than God, it should be a realitvely smooth negotiation process.

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
LJ and LJ alone is responsible for how he reacts to adversity.

The thing is - I expect MUCH more maturity from a 70-year-old man than I do from a 25-year-old boy.

Both of them have acted extremely immature. However, I expected some of it from LJ...

I do not disagree with any of that. I only disagree with the notion that DV is to blame for how LJ has responded, that LJ is justified in those actions because of what transpired.

Dick can only be blamed (partly) for the circumstances. No more, and no less.

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I do not disagree with any of that. I only disagree with the notion that DV is to blame for how LJ has responded, that LJ is justified in those actions because of what transpired.

Dick can only be blamed (partly) for the circumstances. No more, and no less.

Right.

Look at my previous post this way:

LJ has to have the willpower not to scratch the itch. That's where he's to blame.

However, when Vermeil retires, the itch is gone. LJ will no longer have a reason to scratch.

Count Zarth
11-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Does anyone else see LJ and King Carl developing a close bond like he and Derrick Thomas did?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Does anyone else see LJ and King Carl developing a close bond like he and Derrick Thomas did?

From what I've read and heard, they already have one...

Raiderhader
11-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Right.

Look at my previous post this way:

LJ has to have the willpower not to scratch the itch. That's where he's to blame.

However, when Vermeil retires, the itch is gone. LJ will no longer have a reason to scratch.

Fair enough.

Though I am not completely sold on the idea that he won't be scratching any more once DV is gone. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I sense an attitude that was there, and will continue to be there, with out DV. Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Skip Towne
11-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm with LJ all the way. VD was squandering his career by refusing to even give him a chance. VD didn't play him until he was forced to do so. And it was VD who opened his big mouth, to the press no less, with his diaper comment. LJ simply fired back a response. Somehow, Iowanian, I picture you as a guy that defends himself. I'll bet you would have unleashed your barnyard stylings on someone who attacked you. And the police don't seem to have a problem with LJ. He isn't even on probation as far as I know. Also, I'll take LJ and his 5.0 career ypc versus Alexander's 4.5 or James 4.3. I don't know of an active RB I would trade him for.