PDA

View Full Version : Rush R30 DVD!!

Halfcan
11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Just four more days, I can't wait!!
Have you guys preordered your copies yet?

http://www.rush.com

Archie F. Swin
11-18-2005, 11:35 PM
I would buy it just for the archived footage. Their concert videos just dont come close to being there!

foxman
11-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Excellent find, thanks for sharing I will be at Best Buy on the 22nd! :)

Uncle_Ted
11-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I would buy it just for the archived footage. Their concert videos just dont come close to being there!

Rush in Rio was definitely disappointing in both the sound quality and the fact they kept cutting back to the crowd every 15 seconds to show dorky Brazilian guys (and hardly any hot Brazilian women -- all the 50 million hotties in Brazil must have been doing something else the day Rush came to town).

Archie F. Swin
11-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Rush in Rio was definitely disappointing in both the sound quality and the fact they kept cutting back to the crowd every 15 seconds to show dorky Brazilian guys (and hardly any hot Brazilian women -- all the 50 million hotties in Brazil must have been doing something else the day Rush came to town).

You have to admit though, the documentry was about as intimate as it gets with a somewhat reclusive rock band. It was nice to see these guys off stage for once.

"Sometimes we'll have soup.....and then we'll have soup"

ENDelt260
11-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Rush is for fags.

Halfcan
11-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Just three more days!!!

Yeah Rush in Rio was not up to their standards in sound or quality, but I expect more out of this one. It was amazing they even filmed Rio, with all of the rain. The documentary was very cool, especial with the professor warming up. Any one thinks he doesn't have the power anymore, watch that. Neil, just pounds the shit out of the mini set. It is freakin awesome. The Brazil people treated them like the rock Gods they are. It was a great show.

Archie F. Swin
11-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Rush is for Rump Rangers.

ummm....no...that's Queen

FloridaChief
11-19-2005, 11:03 PM

Agreeden...

kc rush
11-19-2005, 11:37 PM
My birthday present to myself.

Buying it over lunch on Tuesday.

Mecca
11-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I spent my money on the Bret Hart DVD.......

FloridaChief
11-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I spent my money on the Bret Hart DVD.......

Heh...

Canadian is as Canadian does....six of one, half-dozen-pieces-of-back-bacon of another...

kc rush
11-19-2005, 11:44 PM

Whats a shrimp cot?

kc rush
11-19-2005, 11:54 PM

Here is a review. It sounds like they've fixed most of the problems that you had with the Rio disc for this one. Well, I doubt that you will see any hot Brazilian women in the crowd for R30, and probably won't see many hot German women either.

LINK (http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59232)

Uncle_Ted
11-20-2005, 12:32 AM
You have to admit though, the documentry was about as intimate as it gets with a somewhat reclusive rock band. It was nice to see these guys off stage for once.

Absolutely ... loved the documentary.

beavis
11-20-2005, 02:05 AM
I'm fairly certain that when I get to hell, Satan will have Rush blasting over the PA.

ENDelt260
11-20-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm fairly certain that when I get to hell, Satan will have Rush blasting over the PA.
Aw, man...

I hadn't considered that. Hell is gonna suck.

Archie F. Swin
11-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm fairly certain that when I get to hell, Satan will have Rush Limbaugh blasting over the PA.

(((considering being born again)))

Mecca
11-20-2005, 08:32 AM

Just that thought right there is enough to make me completely change my life........

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
So, did anyone buy this DVD yet?

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
:ZZZ:

Mecca
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM

The people that did aren't here to tell you about it. That much Rush would likely cause anyone to kill themselves.

funk monkey
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
UHHH BIT TORRENT BOYS....no need to pay for any CD's or movies again...plus you can get them earlier than they come out.

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
UHHH BIT TORRENT BOYS....no need to pay for any CD's or movies again...plus you can get them earlier than they come out.

oooohh...Geddy Lee's gonna come find yo' ass with bat in hand.

Ebolapox
11-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I'll file this in my 'who gives a sh*t' file

-EB-

KcMizzou
11-28-2005, 08:14 PM
The people that did aren't here to tell you about it. That much Rush would likely cause anyone to kill themselves.Amen, brother.

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
It's funny how people trip over themselves to make it clear how much thay dont like Rush! Why dont you just not post fug heads! That way you dont have to stop masturbating.

KcMizzou
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Why dont you just not post fug heads! ROFL

It's the "Scanlon effect", Roy.

:p

Fox River
11-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Some of these guys are just like the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx.

Ebolapox
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
rush--heavily in the contending for worst band ever, second only to inxs

-EB-...of if you count boybands, they're like third

Archie F. Swin
11-29-2005, 11:27 AM
rush--heavily in the contending for worst band ever, second only to inxs

-EB-...of if you count boybands, they're like third

Aren't you the one that claims to like Michael Jackson?

htismaqe
11-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Some of these guys are just like the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx.

Nah, they call me the working man...

Ebolapox
11-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Aren't you the one that claims to like Michael Jackson?

:spock:

damn, a n00b with 4k posts

no, not a michael jackson fan--I don't like pedophiles in general--but you like rush, which is pretty much the right next to michael jackson in the pathetic music train... good luck with that, skeezix

:p

-EB-

kc rush
11-29-2005, 01:23 PM

Yes.

The old interviews and videos are worth the price.

I'm disapointed that La Villa wasn't on the disk though.

Fox River
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Let me get this straight, Tech Nine does not suck and Rush, Inxs do? I will disregard seeing as you tend to have taste in tastelessness.

Halfcan
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
I agree Fox-Who the F#ck is Technine-just another gangster wanna be.

Yes I bought R30 on the first day and it is so much better than I had hoped for. The interviews and ol,d videos are great. The concert just show why they are the best band in the world.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2005, 10:20 PM

lol, this coming from Arizonas #1 pillowbiter.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Rush kicks ass, I'm looking forward to this release.

Halfcan
11-30-2005, 10:37 PM
One of the best live DVD's out there!!

Halfcan
12-23-2005, 12:22 AM
New Cd to be out in 2006, plus a complete video collection. A massive sold-out world tour will follow this time next year.

Damm I can't wait. It should be interesting since Rush stripped down to basic instraments on Feedback. Alex just finished work on the DVD compilations and got a first hand look at how the band's sound has progressed and changed. I expect this will be one of their greatest. Of Course I liked Vapor Trails, so I expect a similar sound but with professional mixing this time around.

Halfcan
12-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Rush kicks ass, I'm looking forward to this release.

Finally someone with good taste in music around here!!

Rush-best band ever!!!

Mecca
12-23-2005, 03:51 AM
This thread pefectly explains why Halfcan has the takes he does. Listening to that much Rush would destroy anyones brain.

Swanman
12-23-2005, 08:01 AM
This thread pefectly explains why Halfcan has the takes he does. Listening to that much Rush would destroy anyones brain.

Hasn't hurt my brain at all. I proudly own every one of their cds and the ole brain is still functioning fairly well. I can understand people not liking Rush, they're in a genre that is not widely popular (progressive rock) and Geddy's singing can have a grating effect on people. But to say they suck is a whole other thing, especially coming from anyone that listens to rap. Neil Peart is widely recognized as the best drummer in rock today, and one of the top 10 ever alive or dead and Geddy Lee is regarded as one of the top bassists in rock. You don't stick around for 30 years and counting without being a great band.

Dartgod
12-23-2005, 02:00 PM
This DVD is most likely under the Christmas tree with my name on it. :rockon: :thumb:

Halfcan
12-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Hasn't hurt my brain at all. I proudly own every one of their cds and the ole brain is still functioning fairly well. I can understand people not liking Rush, they're in a genre that is not widely popular (progressive rock) and Geddy's singing can have a grating effect on people. But to say they suck is a whole other thing, especially coming from anyone that listens to rap. Neil Peart is widely recognized as the best drummer in rock today, and one of the top 10 ever alive or dead and Geddy Lee is regarded as one of the top bassists in rock. You don't stick around for 30 years and counting without being a great band.

Couldn't agree more. I like Geddys voice, he can still hit the high notes, but has become more of a complete singer. After changing his bass style in the way he strums the notes-I think he is about untouchable at number 1 ever.

The Professor-still has plenty of power, and has been a lock at number one for two decades.

Alex-on the guitar, has to be considered the best ever. No other guitarist has the body of work he does-with such consistent playing. He changes his sound, and also has several acoustic songs of note. Watch the videos of the old days, he is so fast, and crunches power chords like no other. But he is a complete master at his instrament.

Halfcan
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Snakes and Arrows tour-Kicks off Friday!!!!!!

Snakes and Arrows Live-available soon.

This tour is going to KICK ASS!!

I will be seeing them in OK and in KC.

kc rush
04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Snakes and Arrows tour-Kicks off Friday!!!!!!

Snakes and Arrows Live-available soon.

This tour is going to KICK ASS!!

I will be seeing them in OK and in KC.

I'm not sure what our plans are, but we should stop by and say hi at the KC show. I'm really looking forward to seeing them at StarLight.

Halfcan
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure what our plans are, but we should stop by and say hi at the KC show. I'm really looking forward to seeing them at StarLight.

Cool-maybe a mini Rush Planet party?? Sounds good to me.