PDA

View Full Version : Texans 1st Draft Pick: Lienart or Bush?

Ari Chi3fs
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Matt Lienart or Reggie Bush? Seems like these teammates are gonna go 1-2. So, who do the Texans pick?

If they pick Lienart, Carr is a FA... you want him to come to Chiefs? He kinda sucked tonight, but I think his supporting cast blows.

I wouldnt mind seeing him in Red and Gold.

BTW, when was the last time, if ever, that teammates went 1-2 in the draft?

beer bacon
11-20-2005, 10:28 PM
If they don't draft an O-linemen then they are insane.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Carr doesn't even try to look people off from where he's throwing.

If he hasn't learned how to do that by <b>NOW</b>, then I doubt he'll ever learn it. I hope we wouldn't waste a slot on him.

Frankie
11-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping they draft Lienart. Then I'd welcome Carr here. Just in time to get the "not looking the D off" problem corrected and have him step in for Green in a couple of years. I still think he will be a great QB someday. Would be nice if that happened in Red & Gold.

Bowser
11-20-2005, 11:18 PM

yep.

Dunit35
11-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Id be shocked if they didnt draft a OL with their #1 pick and round 2 pick. Maybe they could get lucky and draft 2 solid pro bowl lineman in 2 rounds.

Miles
11-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Its will be a tough call for them. Its hard to take another QB as a #1 pick, pay him the money and suffer through his development. Bush IMO looks to be the best player in the draft but RB isn't really a position of need for them.

Looks like trading down a few picks with someone that wants Lienart or Bush would be the best move, even if they don't get more than a 3rd or 4th for it.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
I've talked to some Texans fans, and their saying that the front office will stick with Carr, and go for Reggie Bush.

RP_McMurphy
11-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Some might blame it on his line but he has gotten gun shy (yes lots of sacks but dude your in the NFL your gonna get hit....). He has absolutely no ability to progress thru his reads and as others said he all but signals his primary reciever from the snap on. If I were Houston I would draft Leinert and trade Carr for anything.

Lzen
11-21-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm hoping they draft Lienart. Then I'd welcome Carr here. Just in time to get the "not looking the D off" problem corrected and have him step in for Green in a couple of years. I still think he will be a great QB someday. Would be nice if that happened in Red & Gold.

I agree. I think Carr's problem is partly because he's always had a crappy o-line. I think that staring down receivers can be coached out. The Texans will (or at least should) draft the top o-lineman in the draft.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Bush easy. Carr isn't that bad, he just needs some protection and some weapons... and to stop telegraphing every pass. Lienert would probably do no better.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-21-2005, 08:04 AM
I've talked to some Texans fans, and their saying that the front office will stick with Carr, and go for Reggie Bush.
Are they as good at predicting what their team will do as we are with ours?

Hoover
11-21-2005, 08:08 AM
They need to trade down and take a OT, no matter what. I think Carr, Davis and Johnson are nice weapons, but without an OLine you don't have shit, we all know that.

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 08:11 AM

If he hasn't learned how to do that by <b>NOW</b>, then I doubt he'll ever learn it. I hope we wouldn't waste a slot on him.

Agreed, I understand now why Sidewinder does not want him on the Chiefs. Of course, being the most sacked QB during his short career may have him a little gun shy of looking at all of his options.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Carr is a project...it will take 2-3 years to get him to the point where he could learn to be a QB with an O-line he can trust. If they're smart...they'll get some line help and fire the coaching staff...because that's the problem down there...it ain't the players....and fire casserly too.

If I were Leinhart...I'd refuse to go play for the Texans period...and Reggie Bush won't amount to much at the next level just playing running back.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2005, 08:15 AM

If he hasn't learned how to do that by NOW, then I doubt he'll ever learn it. I hope we wouldn't waste a slot on him.

He doesn't have time to look anywhere else..

jspchief
11-21-2005, 08:17 AM
If I were Leinhart...I'd refuse to go play for the Texans period...

Rookies get to choose who they play for? I wonder where you got that idea? Weird that a Broncos fan would think the rules are flexible. :rolleyes:

jAZ
11-21-2005, 08:21 AM
No kidding, trade down to the #3 slot and draft whoever the #1 tackle is.

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Rookies get to choose who they play for? I wonder where you got that idea? Weird that a Broncos fan would think the rules are flexible. :rolleyes:

Elway

kregger
11-21-2005, 08:27 AM

Looking off the D isn't exclusive to Carr. TG had three passes that should have been picked last night. Every one of them was telegraphed from the snap.

alpha_omega
11-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Bush

jAZ
11-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Elway
Eli

patteeu
11-21-2005, 08:48 AM
They need to trade down and take a OT, no matter what. I think Carr, Davis and Johnson are nice weapons, but without an OLine you don't have shit, we all know that.

Unfortunately, the right answer, which I will call "The Hoover Option" was not offered in the poll so I didn't vote. With the hype around Lienart, they should be able to tempt someone to make a decent offer for a trade.

Lzen
11-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Carr is a project...it will take 2-3 years to get him to the point where he could learn to be a QB with an O-line he can trust. If they're smart...they'll get some line help and fire the coaching staff...because that's the problem down there...it ain't the players....and fire casserly too.

Yeah, I agree. It must suck to be a Texans fan.

If I were Leinhart...I'd refuse to go play for the Texans period...and Reggie Bush won't amount to much at the next level just playing running back.

If the trend of rookies refusing to play for certain teams is allowed to continue, the whole system will break down. If it were up to me, if a certain team drafts a player, that player must play for that team or never be allowed to suit up in the NFL.

And what makes you think Bush won't amount to much? I think he'll be very good NFL back.

HemiEd
11-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Eli

Yep, he repeated the precedent set by Elway/Broncos.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2005, 09:22 AM
trade down to grab another 1st roudn pick and draft a couple offensive lineman.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Bush=Desmond Howard

I agree with Hoover on this one. Trade down with Arizona or someone and get the best stud OT.

Mark M
11-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Neither.

That team's got a decent QB (believe it or not) and a decent RB.

It just has ZERO offensive line. They need help ... bad.

MM
~~:shrug:

Brock
11-21-2005, 09:29 AM
They'll be picking D'Brickashaw Ferguson right where they are.

Bowser
11-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Bush=Desmond Howard

I agree with Hoover on this one. Trade down with Arizona or someone and get the best stud OT.

Agreed that they should trade down for O-Line help. If they don't, Casserly needs to be taken out back and shot.

Completely disagree about Reggie Bush being another Desmond Howard. Bush will be the next generation Marshall Faulk. He's that good.

Brock
11-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Agreed that they should trade down for O-Line help. If they don't, Casserly needs to be taken out back and shot.

Completely disagree about Reggie Bush being another Desmond Howard. Bush will be the next generation Marshall Faulk. He's that good.

Bush is going to love the NFL.

sexychiefschick
11-21-2005, 09:47 AM
What do you think the Chiefs should pick in the draft?

Coogs
11-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Hopefully Washington starts winning some games again so Denver doesn't have the ammo to get any elite players this year.

King_Chief_Fan
11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Hopefully Washington starts winning some games again so Denver doesn't have the ammo to get any elite players this year.

Well, you know with Plummer being talked about amongst the Denver fans as an MVP candidate, they couldn't possibly even think about drafting Leinart............could they:hmmm: