PDA

View Full Version : New Floyd DVD - Dark Side...

Rausch
11-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Kick ass!

Interviews with (so far) Waters about the songs. Sweet videos, high quality sound, demo recordings, etc.

Friggen Floydgasm on disk... :drool:

Hog Rider
11-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Speaking of interviews; I have a two album set of the interview Roger Waters gave Jim Ladd on the old "Inner View" radio show a couple decades ago, or more. It was all about "The Wall".

After the show was on, I called the station in LA (I think) to ask for a transcript and they sent me two albums of the interview - the complete show. It even includes the Alpine car audio commercials. Very good, and revealing. Goes through about every song, and stops for commentary in between.

I haven't listened to it for lo these many years, but you have me thinkin' I may have to dig it out again to refresh my memory Still have the turntable from those days too.

Hell it works better than I do! Probably worth more than me also!

Rausch
11-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Speaking of interviews; I have a two album set of the interview Roger Waters gave Jim Ladd on the old "Inner View" radio show a couple decades ago, or more. It was all about "The Wall".

After the show was on, I called the station in LA (I think) to ask for a transcript and they sent me two albums of the interview - the complete show. It even includes the Alpine car audio commercials. Very good, and revealing. Goes through about every song, and stops for commentary in between.

I haven't listened to it for lo these many years, but you have me thinkin' I may have to dig it out again to refresh my memory Still have the turntable from those days too.

Hell it works better than I do! Probably worth more than me also!

VERY sweet!

I might have to beg you for an MP3 version...

Hog Rider
11-22-2005, 04:58 PM
VERY sweet!

Sorry, but I still use a turntable, I don't even know what an MP3 is - but I'll find out.

Siriusly! If I figure out how to do it, I'll get back with you. But these things take time. At least for me.

If nothin' else I could tape the damn thing, that is if you still have a cassette player.

JP

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Sorry, but I still use a turntable, I don't even know what an MP3 is - but I'll find out.

Siriusly! If I figure out how to do it, I'll get back with you. But these things take time. At least for me.

If nothin' else I could tape the damn thing, that is if you still have a cassette player.

JP

Any PF fan must own this DVD. Just amazing. Everyone's on it, demo tracks, how Dark Side came about, etc...

FloridaChief
11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
VERY sweet!

Please to be expecting a PM...

Hog Rider
11-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Any PF fan must own this DVD. Just amazing. Everyone's on it, demo tracks, how Dark Side came about, etc...

I will definitely get it.

If I find the Waters interview amongst the debris of my past lives, I will be in touch accordingly.

JP

stevieray
11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I will OWN this.

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I will definitely get it.

If I find the Waters interview amongst the debris of my past lives, I will be in touch accordingly.

JP

Nice line.... :)

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I will OWN this.

They don't know it yet, but Netflicx isn't ****ing getting this back...

FloridaChief
11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Rausch has exceded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Time to thin the herd...

Hog Rider
11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
I found the albums!!! Now I must think! Think ,think, think! How did I use to duplicate the vinyl masterpieces onto mylar, or the new spinning reflective disc, or even--MP3???

I know it can be done, as it has been done before - I'm sure it has!

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Rausch has exceded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Time to thin the herd...

You're cleared for landing...

CosmicPal
11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
I found the albums!!! Now I must think! Think ,think, think! How did I use to duplicate the vinyl masterpieces onto mylar, or the new spinning reflective disc, or even--MP3???

If you have a computer, buy a stand-alone microphone and record the album playing via a little something called a podcast. It wouldn't cost you anymore than 15 bucks for a microphone, but two mics would give you better quality. The podcast can be saved to your hard-drive and then you can burn it to a CD, DVD, or MP3. If your computer will permit such actions.

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:27 PM

http://www.tongsoft.com/sound-recorder-vinyl-to-cd.htm?src=glg&gclid=CPivr7CJxoECFUFDGgod6CzvjQ

Rausch
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
If you have a computer, buy a stand-alone microphone and record the album playing via a little something called a podcast. It wouldn't cost you anymore than 15 bucks for a microphone, but two mics would give you better quality. The podcast can be saved to your hard-drive and then you can burn it to a CD, DVD, or MP3. If your computer will permit such actions.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=vinyl+to+mp3&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Hog Rider
11-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Thank you all for the recommendations and advice.

I am now going to retreat back to my cocoon of domestic tranquility - and DINNER!

CosmicPal
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=vinyl+to+mp3&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Hmmmm, I sold over 800 albums to a friend of mine. Got tired of moving them around. I think I'll have to pay him a visit and record some of those relics with that software. Thanks.

Nzoner
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
I will OWN this.

Dear Santa

Miles
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
I think I seen this one on Netflix but never rented it for some reason. Will definitly check it out now.