PDA

View Full Version : Just got my XBOX 360..........

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
.........and it is friggin AWESOME. I got the premium one with the hard drive (my wife waited for HOURS) and she also got me COD2. GREAT new system, great new game.

Pants
11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Damn dude, when and where did you get it? Enjoy!

Mecca
11-23-2005, 06:39 PM
I got one, because I had it reserved. It was nice I just walked in and picked it up. No waiting in line no nothing.

By the way what game/games did you get with it?

Pants
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
I got one, because I had it reserved. It was nice I just walked in and picked it up. No waiting in line no nothing.

By the way what game/games did you get with it?
He did say he got CoD2.

Mecca
11-23-2005, 06:48 PM
That's what I get for walking in the door and reading to fast I guess.

I was looking at picking that game up, I'd like his opinion on how good it is.

CHIEF4EVER
11-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Damn dude, when and where did you get it? Enjoy!

My wife got in line at WalMart in Mt Grove at 11:00 in the morning to have the right to the first one. They were only getting 2 premium and 6 core systems and the hard drives are not even available for the core systems. My wife loves me very much though so she waited from 11 until midnight.

Pants
11-24-2005, 01:46 AM
My wife got in line at WalMart in Mt Grove at 11:00 in the morning to have the right to the first one. They were only getting 2 premium and 6 core systems and the hard drives are not even available for the core systems. My wife loves me very much though so she waited from 11 until midnight.

Can I borrow her for when PS3 comes out?

CHIEF4EVER
11-24-2005, 01:57 AM
That's what I get for walking in the door and reading to fast I guess.

I was looking at picking that game up, I'd like his opinion on how good it is.

COD2 is pretty awesome so far. If you like FPS of that genre you will be pleasantly surprised if you invest the buckeroos to pick it up. As far as the 360, the only thing I was troubled by was the new controller. The new layout is a bit different and I am still getting used to it. I like the feel and fit of the controller though.

CHIEF4EVER
11-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Can I borrow her for when PS3 comes out?

ROFL

unlurking
11-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Mine was shipped. Won't get until tomorrow. I got the premium too. :(

Did get the accessories though. Extra wirless controller, Gun, NfS2, PGR3, Madden. Think I'm going to grab PDZ and CoD2 in a month or so.

CHIEF4EVER
11-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Mine was shipped. Won't get until tomorrow. I got the premium too. :(

Did get the accessories though. Extra wirless controller, Gun, NfS2, PGR3, Madden. Think I'm going to grab PDZ and CoD2 in a month or so.

Did you get yours on a prebuy? My wife put 50 dollars down on mine back in October and wound up being the LAST on the prebuy list. Imagine that. When she found out that EB Games (where we put our deposit down at) was only getting 16 systems she decided to go to MT Grove and get in line early since we wouldn't be getting our prebuy until FEB-MAR at the earliest. Lord, I love my wife........

unlurking
11-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Did you get yours on a prebuy? My wife put 50 dollars down on mine back in October and wound up being the LAST on the prebuy list. Imagine that. When she found out that EB Games (where we put our deposit down at) was only getting 16 systems she decided to go to MT Grove and get in line early since we wouldn't be getting our prebuy until FEB-MAR at the earliest. Lord, I love my wife........

Actually, ordered it on-line Sarturday. Don't know what all the fuss is about pre-order and stuff. I got the XBOX and PSP the day they came out. Just walked into the store and said "gimme". Both times were after 5PM as well, no waiting in line or anything else.

There is one big chain that seems like nobody shops at, so while everyone sells out right away, I don't worry. Only reason I got it on-line this time, was because the wife bought it as an XMas gift and told me about it so I wouldn't go pick one up myself.

I guess I just never understood all this opening day hype as I have never had any problems getting what I want.

The Bad Guy
11-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Actually, ordered it on-line Sarturday. Don't know what all the fuss is about pre-order and stuff. I got the XBOX and PSP the day they came out. Just walked into the store and said "gimme". Both times were after 5PM as well, no waiting in line or anything else.

There is one big chain that seems like nobody shops at, so while everyone sells out right away, I don't worry. Only reason I got it on-line this time, was because the wife bought it as an XMas gift and told me about it so I wouldn't go pick one up myself.

I guess I just never understood all this opening day hype as I have never had any problems getting what I want.

Where did you order online? Do you live in a town that's filled with 80-year olds?