PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Nightwish
11-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Has anybody seen this year's show yet? I've heard that they're doing a whole new show this year, instead of redoing Christmas Eve & Other Stories, as they had always done before. Does anybody know which album they're going to do in full, or are they just going to mix it up?

For anyone who hasn't seen them, I highly, highly recommend them! I've been a fan since they formed, and was an old Savatage fan back before they became TSO.

Here are the Missouri dates, from their website:

Kansas City - December 22nd, Kemper Arena, 7:30 pm

St. Louis - December 23rd, Savvis Center, (two shows: 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm)

TSO Tour 2005 (http://www.trans-siberian.com/ontour/index.php)

They have so many musicians that they split into two groups, each touring half the country. St. Louis and Kansas City always get TSO West (though St. Louis used to have TSO East, the only city to have gotten both halves). The only Savatage members with West are Al Pitrelli (Savatage, Megadeth, Alice Cooper band, Asia) and Johnny Lee Middleton (Savatage). The East tour gets Chris Caffery (Savatage), Jeff Plate (Savatage), and Alex Skolnick (Testament, Savatage), though I'm not sure if Alex is touring with them this year or not.

Go see it if you get a chance. It's classical, it's metal, it's rock, it's Broadway, it's jazz, it's spiritual, it's simply amazing!

keg in kc
11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Trans-siberian? Is that like some cross dressing russian group?

4th and Long
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I thought it was a railroad? :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra helped Memphis' RPI slightly.

Nightwish
11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
LOL. They're American, mostly, although their name always brings questions. They just kind of arbitrarily chose it for it's wintery sound, after the Savatage song "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24" (from the Dead Winter Dead album) became such a huge hit, especially after they repackaged it as Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They've done three Christmas CDs since then, and one non-holiday cd, with another non-holiday cd supposed to be out soon.

They combine classical music with heavy metal. They perform several works from Beethoven, Mozart, Liszt, and other composers, but in a contemporary hard rocking style, along with several original songs, bringing in vocalists from jazz, gospel and Broadway.

luv
11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I thought it was a railroad? :shrug:
You've honestly never heard of them?

You're missing out. They came to Springfield last year, but I was out of vacation time to take the night off to go see them.

4th and Long
11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
You've honestly never heard of them?

You're missing out. They came to Springfield last year, but I was out of vacation time to take the night off to go see them.
tic sweet cheeks. tic ;)

Braincase
11-26-2005, 10:12 PM
8 tix, on the floor, December 22nd. I won't miss it ever.

LocoChiefsFan
11-27-2005, 04:54 AM
I finally got my tickets. My wife and I weren't sure we'd be able to go, because we couldn't get a sitter. When I checked tix then, we could've had floor seats. But, when we finally did get a sitter, we wound up in sec 240. I hope those are still good seats. This will be our 1st time seeing them live. Although, I have been a fan for a couple of years now. I also, rocked out to Savatage in the day.:rockon:

chagrin
11-27-2005, 08:23 AM
LOL. They're American, mostly, although their name always brings questions. They just kind of arbitrarily chose it for it's wintery sound, after the Savatage song "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24" (from the Dead Winter Dead album) became such a huge hit, especially after they repackaged it as Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They've done three Christmas CDs since then, and one non-holiday cd, with another non-holiday cd supposed to be out soon.

They combine classical music with heavy metal. They perform several works from Beethoven, Mozart, Liszt, and other composers, but in a contemporary hard rocking style, along with several original songs, bringing in vocalists from jazz, gospel and Broadway.

Streets, a Rock Opera was their first collab. with Paul O' Neill (I think) and was quite impressive. I would recommend it for any fan