PDA

View Full Version : 2005 chicago Bears

Hoover
11-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Best Team EVER!

Christ could we spend more time talking about a team that will not win a playoff game this year?

milkman
11-27-2005, 10:11 AM
With that defense, they can win against anyone, even in the playoffs.

Hoover
11-27-2005, 10:14 AM
The NFC Sucks so bad. The only team that is worth a crap is the Seahawks.

milkman
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
The NFC Sucks so bad. The only team that is worth a crap is the Seahawks.

I'm not sold on the Seahawks.

And you're right the NFC does suck.

RNR
11-27-2005, 10:23 AM
With that defense, they can win against anyone, even in the playoffs.
They took apart a pretty good Panthers team last week. I agree in a weak NFC I think the Bears have a chance to make a run.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Best Team EVER!

Christ could we spend more time talking about a team that will not win a playoff game this year?

The Bears are a feel good story this year. When Thier starting QB went down they were picked to maybe not win a game. They are actually pretty fun to watch.

BigChiefFan
11-27-2005, 10:28 AM
It's the Chicago love. We'll get some, too if the Chiefs stomp the Pats.

KCChiefsFan88
11-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Just get the Bears down by a touchdown or so and force them to pass the ball and they are done.

They remind me of their 2001 team which flamed out in their first playoff game

Frazod
11-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm actually going to the Bears/Falcons game next month. Should be fun.

I don't think the Bears have the guns to go all the way, but they'll certainly win the first game they host, which may well be a divisional game.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm stuck with that boring ass game chi vs TB :shake:

They need to start offering viewing of nfl games online.

Johnson&Johnson
11-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm not sold on the Seahawks.

And you're right the NFC does suck.

Yep. Seahawks to me is still over hyped. No matter how high they end up in the post-season rankings, I don't see them winning a playoff game.

milkman
11-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Just get the Bears down by a touchdown or so and force them to pass the ball and they are done.

They remind me of their 2001 team which flamed out in their first playoff game

You'd have to get them down by more than a TD to take them out of their offensive game plan, and getting up by more than a TD against that D is a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Johnson&Johnson
11-27-2005, 11:00 AM
You'd have to get them down by more than a TD to take them out of their offensive game plan, and getting up by more than a TD against that D is a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Not so much like that Dick Jauron team. I think Lovie is a much better game manager that will adjust throughout the game.

This Bears team remind me a lot of the 2000 Ravens. Only difference, Urlacher don't get as much publicity as Ray Lewis, which is probably accurate. Urlacher is not RL. BUt this Bears team possessed just as much talent and smarts along with passion on the D. Ravens had Priest and Jamal Lewis that year. Bears have T. Jones, A. Peterson and rookie Benson. And I like Orton (even if Grossman returns) a lot better at the QB position than what Ravens had with Diler and Tony Banks that year.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:27 PM
If the Giants had a FG kicker, the Bears would be tied for the best record in the NFC right now. If they can get home field in the playoffs, look out. Their defense can flat out play.

Frazod
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
If the Giants had a FG kicker, the Bears would be tied for the best record in the NFC right now. If they can get home field in the playoffs, look out. Their defense can flat out play.

And nobody will want to come to Chicago in January.

tk13
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Their D is good enough to win playoff games. Them and Pittsburgh are the only two teams in the entire league that jump out at me and say "that's a Super Bowl defense". Which may be a sign that the NFL balance is finally shifting to offense and the Colts have a chance...

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
And nobody will want to come to Chicago in January.

Yep! Bears get home field throughout, and they have a shot even with a marginal offense.