PDA

View Full Version : RED ZONE OFFENSE

KCChiefsFan88
11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Good God

Chiefs are marching up and down the field and then when they get inside the 20 yard line what happens

:banghead:

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Lousy

ArrowheadHawk
11-27-2005, 12:31 PM
shorter field to cover and the pats aren't the texans there secondary may be suspect but the rest of there d is good

petegz28
11-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Yes but inside the 20 the NE front 7 can stiffen up; a lot and that is not where they are weak.

MichaelH
11-27-2005, 12:33 PM
If it was in the 4th quarter, I wouldn't care. But this game could still be another Eagles game. The Pats are dangerous regardless of who's hurt. The defense is playing good but Trent needs to throw a TD or 2 and Mad Larry needs another rushing TD before I relax.

el borracho
11-27-2005, 02:49 PM
This has been a problem all year for us. I'm not sure where we rank in the league for red zone production but it is surely less than we are used to in the last 3 years.

Count Zarth
11-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Al Squanders at his best.

We've thrown the fade twice. It's worked both times.

SO LET'S F*CKING SHELVE IT! LET'S NOT EVEN THROW TO OUR BIGGEST WIDE RECEIVER (Boerigter) ONCE IN THE ENTIRE BALLGAME!

Also, Tony G dropped TWO touchdown passes today. Granted one of them was a low throw by Trent, so that's on him.

KCChiefsFan88
11-27-2005, 04:00 PM
How come they don't use Jason Dunn in the red zone anymore

Saulbadguy
11-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Patriots have a good redzone defense, apparently.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
That drive where TG got bumped around in the endzone and cut in for a pass... Green threw a damn good ball IMO.. but TG couldn't pull it in. Should've been another TD.

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 04:07 PM
i hate the fade personally

CoMoChief
11-27-2005, 05:14 PM
3 Reasons why we arent as good in the red zone anymore...

1. No Priest Holmes. I dont really care how old he is that guy knew how to find the endzone; it was his specialty.

2. No Jason Dunn. Al Saunders decides to take the best damn blocking TE out of the game during the time we need him the most, not to mention he can also get open and catch one once in a while.

3. Al Saunders is getting more and more predictable. Run Run Pass on 3rd n long. I'm really tired of seeing this. I understand that our running game is the solidation of this offense but good Lord, Saunders is getting more and more predictable by the game and against good teams, that's not gonna fly. Notice how the Pats stopped us offensively the 2nd half besides the Dante Hall TD reception.

petegz28
11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
That drive where TG got bumped around in the endzone and cut in for a pass... Green threw a damn good ball IMO.. but TG couldn't pull it in. Should've been another TD.

agreed

Frankie
11-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Also, Tony G dropped TWO touchdown passes today. Granted one of them was a low throw by Trent, so that's on him. Actually THAT ONE was the one he should have caught and almost did.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 06:11 PM
1. No Priest Holmes. I dont really care how old he is that guy knew how to find the endzone; it was his specialty.

They need to stop running the bread and butter Priest Holmes sweep in the red zone with LJ. Hes NOT that type of runner. Al needs to figure out a better way to utilize LJ in the red zone.

Fruit Ninja
11-27-2005, 06:15 PM
If you notice they rarely ran left all game. That was specifically for Roaf. They didnt want him putting to much torque on that hamstring just yet. Redzone O will get better as Roaf heals more and gets into better shape.

Frankie
11-27-2005, 07:23 PM
If you notice they rarely ran left all game. That was specifically for Roaf. They didnt want him putting to much torque on that hamstring just yet. Redzone O will get better as Roaf heals more and gets into better shape.
:hmmm:

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Actually THAT ONE was the one he should have caught and almost did.

Yep.
The other one he had 2 guys on him and couldn't bring the ball in over one guys head and another guys arms. Can't blame him there.

AZORChiefFan
11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I've resorted to calling the Chiefs O the "20/20 offense" as in they move the ball great between the 20's.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Real quick question... don't know if this happened when we were in the red zone or not. When was it that they lost headset communication????

AZORChiefFan
11-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Real quick question... don't know if this happened when we were in the red zone or not. When was it that they lost headset communication????

I think Dick said it was when the got down by the EZ.

Gaz
11-28-2005, 05:57 AM
The Red Zone O will improve as Roaf’s hamstring heals.

Hopefully, that will be this week against the Predominantly Orange.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to be patient with the healing.

the Talking Can
11-28-2005, 06:28 AM
I think we give up on the run in the Red Zone. Hopefully, as Gaz noted, Roaf's return will help eventually.

I remain convinced that we could run LJ three times in a row for a first down almost anytime we want.

Frankie
11-28-2005, 08:43 AM
I think we give up on the run in the Red Zone. Hopefully, as Gaz noted, Roaf's return will help eventually.
Not to take any credit away from Gaz. But fair is fair, kcxiv said it first.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I will concur with the mention of Dunn not being utilized properly in the Red Zone. If I am Al Saunders, I would be calling some quick passes to Dunn in the endzone.

Anyone remember when we played the Ravens a couple of season ago in Baltimore and Baltimore was so sure they were going to shut down Holmes and Gonzalez (Ed Reed said it in some special they did) and then Saunders called passes to Dunn a couple of times and he was WIDE open because no one payed attention to him? I don't know why we don't do this more often.

Extra Point
11-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Lining up too tight in the RZ is too easy a tell, and not good for setting up pass plays.

TOO CUTE!!!

Gaz
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Not to take any credit away from Gaz. But fair is fair, kcxiv said it first.

Oh great.

Another Gaz Hater.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cannot get a break.

Idahored
11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I also posted this on the Gaz thread...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Our redzone performance has been lacking this year. Now I think many factors are attributing to this, but I think one of the main reasons is our redzone package.

Per Dick Vermeil (when Rowan was plucked by AZ to be their OC) Rowan (last years tightend coach) was responsible for our redzone package. That package is now created by a different coach. I think it is our RB coach, but I am not sure.
I do remember Dick saying it may effect our redzone game.
Anyway, it may be a factor.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Playcalling in the RZ. Saunders still thinks Priest is in the game.

tiptap
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
When we had a good RT to go with the rest of the line, we were unpredictable about where we were running (circa 2003). But we started running only to the left last year and in the middle (like every other team in the NFL). That means every team we face has been practicing for our running game inside the 20 because it looks just like every other teams running game inside the 20 with the caveat of looking for the run to the left or following Dunn at the point of attack. We aren't different or unique so our red zone offense isn't special, it is average like every other teams look.

This means a power game and while LJ makes that work between the 20s, it becomes increasingly difficult as you get inside the 20. Add to this that kind of physical inside push takes more effort and is more wear on the lineman. So we should be looking for the homerun play (Dante's TD reception) in the pink zone between the opponets 40 and 20 out of the passing game.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2005, 12:04 PM
i hate the fade personally
ditto

but we do tend to change the offense away from what has been working once we get into the Red zone.

i understand it's a short field but you don't have to abandon everything.

whatever happened to the swing pass to the RB ... green doesn't even look out there anymore.

BigRedChief
11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
We are missing Priest. The defenses inside the 20's are crowding the middle to take away LJ runs and Tony G. They need to adapt and run something to the outside, a roll out? play action?

2bikemike
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I will concur with the mention of Dunn not being utilized properly in the Red Zone. If I am Al Saunders, I would be calling some quick passes to Dunn in the endzone.

Anyone remember when we played the Ravens a couple of season ago in Baltimore and Baltimore was so sure they were going to shut down Holmes and Gonzalez (Ed Reed said it in some special they did) and then Saunders called passes to Dunn a couple of times and he was WIDE open because no one payed attention to him? I don't know why we don't do this more often.

I agree I think we should use Dunn more in those situations. The defenses are pretty certain that LJ or Gonzo is going to get the ball down there. Hell I would even try to get Wilson involved. That guy has been a wasted pick.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
We are missing Priest. The defenses inside the 20's are crowding the middle to take away LJ runs and Tony G. They need to adapt and run something to the outside, a roll out? play action?
larry johnson doesn't run particularly well to the outside and Trent Green doesn't throw particularly well on the run.

but your right ... we need to figured something out

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:01 PM

Anyone remember when we played the Ravens a couple of season ago in Baltimore and Baltimore was so sure they were going to shut down Holmes and Gonzalez (Ed Reed said it in some special they did) and then Saunders called passes to Dunn a couple of times and he was WIDE open because no one payed attention to him? I don't know why we don't do this more often.Not only do I remember it, but I called the play before they ran it.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:04 PM
We are missing Priest. The defenses inside the 20's are crowding the middle to take away LJ runs and Tony G. They need to adapt and run something to the outside, a roll out? play action?Tried the roll out yesterday and it failed.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 01:07 PM
larry johnson doesn't run particularly well to the outside and Trent Green doesn't throw particularly well on the run.

but your right ... we need to figured something outLJ had a sure TD on a play in the Red Zone yesterday if he would have been patient with his blocks. It was to the right and he cut up underneath the three blockers he had in front of him before he set them to the inside.