PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson will lead the NFL in TDs and/or rushing yards in 2006........

John_Wayne
11-27-2005, 02:29 PM
........unless the entire offensive line retires.

I doubt he'll lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage. He doesn't get enought pass receptions for that.

Just my predictions.

Douche Baggins
11-27-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't know. I think yards from scrimmage is within his grasp. He's had over 170 yards from scrimmage in 3 of his 4 starts this year.

Douche Baggins
11-27-2005, 02:38 PM
What worries me is some retarded situation in which Priest is the starter next year. Anyone can see our offense functions at a higher level with LJ getting the ball more. That was true last year and so far it's true this year.

|Zach|
Doubt it. He will however, be a great back for us.

JBucc
I think yards is more likely than TD's with Alexander

penchief
11-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Larry Johnson will kick ass no matter who he plays for. The question will be whether he will do it for us or someone else who is more willing to utilize his skills in a way that is more beneficiial to to the SUCCESS of the team.

Valiant
11-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry, unless he starts learning not to get blasted I do not think he will make an entire season with that many carries.. Reminds me too much of Eddie George, that and learn to cover up the damn ball... I hope I am wrong, but I do not think he cann make an entire season of 30+ carries a game... He still has not even attempted a full year as a starter...

penchief
11-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Sorry, unless he starts learning not to get blasted I do not think he will make an entire season with that many carries.. Reminds me too much of Eddie George, that and learn to cover up the damn ball... I hope I am wrong, but I do not think he cann make an entire season of 30+ carries a game... He still has not even attempted a full year as a starter...

A bold move on your part to make such a a suggestion without evidence. The problem with your "suggestion" is that LJ has never done anything differently than wha he has done today, yesterday, or any other day!

Do you believe that his speed, elusiveness, or power is going to magically disappear?

WAKE UP!

LJ has gone all the way in proving his critics wrong but his critics have not given an inch when admitting that LJ has proven himself.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 02:54 PM

The Key difference between LJ and Eddie George is that LJ has alot more speed and breakaway ability. Eddie George's longest run of his career was in his rookie year.

Valiant
11-27-2005, 03:14 PM
A bold move on your part to make such a a suggestion without evidence. The problem with your "suggestion" is that LJ has never done anything differently than wha he has done today, yesterday, or any other day!

Do you believe that his speed, elusiveness, or power is going to magically disappear?

WAKE UP!

LJ has gone all the way in proving his critics wrong but his critics have not given an inch when admitting that LJ has proven himself.

I know he takes a beating...

Does not cover up the ball...

Has never played a full season...

LJ cannot carry the ball that many times a game, hell look at the difference between the halfs... What do you think will happen throughout a whole season???

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 03:19 PM
The difference between halves had more to do with weather and playcalling than with a problem with Johnson. The Patriots came out to stop the run, and our o-line didn't block them. You won't make yards when they're aren't any lanes and you're getting hit in the backfield. End of story.

But he does get hit a lot, and eventually that will add up. And he will put the ball on the turf.

More importantly, if Roaf and Shields retire, how many yards will he get?

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen any signs of LJ slowing down at any point in any game. I saw him rip off back to back 10 yard gains in the 2nd half today. I'll worry about it if it happens. It hasn't.

jidar
11-27-2005, 03:29 PM
It happened in Buffalo.

Sure-Oz
11-27-2005, 03:42 PM
lj should start next year and if priest returns he can get 10 carries a game or something to spell him, right now lj gets everything just keep feeding him.

MadMax
11-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Larry Johnson will kick ass no matter who he plays for. The question will be whether he will do it for us or someone else who is more willing to utilize his skills in a way that is more beneficiial to to the SUCCESS of the team.

Here here! :toast:

John_Wayne
11-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I think LJ has benefitted from watching Priest for 3 years. He's much more patient while waiting for the O-line to get their blocks and open holes. On a screen pass I saw him slow down and let his blockers get out in front of him. He gained an extra 10-15 yards by slowing down and getting behind his blockers. I think he learned that from Holmes.

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 09:56 AM
It happened in Buffalo.

Al Saunders happened in Buffalo.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Anyone that is okay with him get 30+ carries and 35+ touches per game is crazy. I don't care how capable he is, that will wear him down. He takes too much punishment with his running style to handle that load over a 16+ game season. Just my opinion.

bringbackmarty
11-28-2005, 10:01 AM
valiant has a point. LJ took some of the biggest hits I've seen him take in yesterday's game. Like the two or three times wilfork knocked ya boy johnson back up his momma's snatch. Good thing his average ypc is 5.1. I kinda thought it was funny, and good for him, but I see it turning into a injury real quick.

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
valiant has a point. LJ took some of the biggest hits I've seen him take in yesterday's game. Like the two or three times wilfork knocked ya boy johnson back up his momma's snatch. Good thing his average ypc is 5.1. I kinda thought it was funny, and good for him, but I see it turning into a injury real quick.

He got rocked because of the offensive line.

But I agree with jsp, he can't run the ball 30+ times every game.

MOhillbilly
11-28-2005, 10:10 AM
He got rocked because of the offensive line.

But I agree with jsp, he can't run the ball 30+ times every game.

do you think LJ is gettin so many carries for the sole reason KC doesnt have a viable back up RB?
or does it stem from lack of production in other offensive areas?

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 10:14 AM
do you think LJ is gettin so many carries for the sole reason KC doesnt have a viable back up RB?
or does it stem from lack of production in other offensive areas?

Probably a little bit of both, I would guess.

jspchief
11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
or does it stem from lack of production in other offensive areas?A little of both. Actually, three things.

1.We don't have a viable back-up (or at least we don't know what we have).
2. Our passing game and pass blocking have struggled.
3. It's effective. Conventional wisdom says to stick with what's working.

It's hard to pull out a guy that's piling up 200 yards per game, especially when the guy you're putting in is an unproven bench-rider that doesn't know the playbook. Even so, I don't care who your RB is, expecting 30-35 touches every game of an entire season is a recipe for injury.

BIG_DADDY
11-28-2005, 10:23 AM
........unless the entire offensive line retires.

I doubt he'll lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage. He doesn't get enought pass receptions for that.

Just my predictions.
STFU

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 10:27 AM
A little of both. Actually, three things.

1.We don't have a viable back-up (or at least we don't know what we have).
2. Our passing game and pass blocking have struggled.
3. It's effective. Conventional wisdom says to stick with what's working.

It's hard to pull out a guy that's piling up 200 yards per game, especially when the guy you're putting in is an unproven bench-rider that doesn't know the playbook. Even so, I don't care who your RB is, expecting 30-35 touches every game of an entire season is a recipe for injury.

I thought for sure his knee was hurt when he had that awkward tackle inside the 5.

Calcountry
11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
I think LJ has benefitted from watching Priest for 3 years. He's much more patient while waiting for the O-line to get their blocks and open holes. On a screen pass I saw him slow down and let his blockers get out in front of him. He gained an extra 10-15 yards by slowing down and getting behind his blockers. I think he learned that from Holmes.He had a good game, but he still has a long way to go.

They did a power toss to the right, that he got anxious on. Holmes would have cruised in 3rd gear, even leaned inside the seal blocks to force the defensive angle inside, then at just the right moment burst it outside and scored.

LJ just didn't seem to have the patience to set those blocks the way Priest would have. Not if, but WHEN he learns that patience, he will be all that Priest is and more.

I believe that this single area, LJ's inability to take it outside effectively, is what is hampering our Red Zone production.

John_Wayne
11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
STFU :loser:

BIG_DADDY
11-28-2005, 11:45 AM
:loser:

Yes you are and a liar too.

WilliamTheIrish
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
And if he doesn't lead the NFL in either of those categories?

Then what?

MOhillbilly
11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I believe that this single area, LJ's inability to take it outside effectively, is what is hampering our Red Zone production.

i know LJ can carve the edge but why run the risk of puttin a banged up oline out in space on sweeps and screens?

old farts might blow a gasket and KC would be back w/j. black.geh

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2005, 12:18 PM
It's amazing how much crap LJ got a couple of months ago, now all is forgotten and now it's a love fest.