PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Arrowhead field crap??

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Its embarrassing....whats the problem there? I must have saw 10 guys slip today even before the rain started.

JBucc
11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Because they use it for too much shit. It should be football only no soccer or any other crap.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 02:56 PM
They were just talking about it on 810. Apparantly the asked George Toma about it a few weeks back and he said he couldnt talk about it.

Ari Chi3fs
11-27-2005, 02:59 PM
yeah it looked like shit from the get go... as soon as we got there, i commented on how shitty the field looked...

horrible.

however, it all worked out for us, didnt it?

Count Zarth
11-27-2005, 03:02 PM
They need to re-sod it before next week's game.

DenverChief
11-27-2005, 03:02 PM
The guys on TV said 2 college football games and a soccer game over the course of the weekend

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 03:03 PM

If LJ ends up blowing out his knee it wont. Some of the hits and twists he took today looked ugly.

VonneMarie
11-27-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah it looked like shit from the get go... as soon as we got there, i commented on how shitty the field looked...

horrible.

It almost broke LJ's hip. :shake:

VonneMarie
11-27-2005, 03:04 PM
They need to re-sod it before next week's game.
Or maybe we shouldn't, you know with the Donkey's coming to town...

Valiant
11-27-2005, 03:08 PM
what soccer game??? havent the wizards been done for quite a while now...

acasas4
11-27-2005, 03:16 PM
They were just talking about it on 810. Apparantly the asked George Toma about it a few weeks back and he said he couldnt talk about it.Is Toma still taking care of Arrowhead? I heard he wasn't anymore and that's why it has gone to crap.:shrug:

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Is Toma still taking care of Arrowhead? I heard he wasn't anymore and that's why it has gone to crap.:shrug:

No, he doesnt. Hes a consultant for the NFL though. I guess thats why he couldnt talk about it. He didnt want to upset the NFL????

robot monster
11-27-2005, 03:39 PM
The Wizards' last game was like a month and a half ago.

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 03:41 PM
****ing glass won't spend any money all our good grass plays for the yankees now

KcMizzou
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM
****ing glass won't spend any money all our good grass plays for the yankees nowBam Morris took all the good grass when he left town.

jidar
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM
****ing glass won't spend any money all our good grass plays for the yankees now

ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Is this all you could come up with to complain about this weekend?

jidar
11-27-2005, 03:50 PM
It is embarassing though, and if it's making it risky for our players something ought to be done about it.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 03:52 PM
The middle of the field is especially ugly. We can't afford any injuries because of that choppy ass field. The highschool I went to had plusher grass than that. :shake:

Saulbadguy
11-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Maybe DV hosed the field down before the game.

Bob Dole
11-27-2005, 03:53 PM
It just makes it even more obvious that KC needs a new football stadium. Jackson county hasn't been doing proper maintenance on the dirt and it's just worn out.

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Bam Morris took all the good grass when he left town.

that was a good one.

VonneMarie
11-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Bam Morris took all the good grass when he left town.
ROFL

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
It just makes it even more obvious that KC needs a new football stadium. Jackson county hasn't been doing proper maintenance on the dirt and it's just worn out.

they could probably fix it, but they want a better staduim so they can boo hoo to everyone on national tv about lack of funding

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
What's embarrassing is a lot of the fans left when it started pouring with a lot of time left in the game.

Bob Dole
11-27-2005, 03:59 PM
they could probably fix it, but they want a better staduim so they can boo hoo to everyone on national tv about lack of funding

Jackson county is in violation of the lease. The dirt has not been properly maintained.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 04:02 PM
What's embarrassing is a lot of the fans left when it started pouring with a lot of time left in the game.

With some of the monster umbrellas I saw there... the people that left were probably the ones standing behind the umbrella holders and still couldn't see the game. :shrug:

Bob Dole
11-27-2005, 04:04 PM

Fans will continue to leave early unless the stadium is upgraded.

Ari Chi3fs
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
I personally nominate Demonpenz as Chiefsplanet poster of the Year. His hilarity, coupled with obvious ignoring of common grammar, has taken the pie and ran with it this year.

Ladies and Gentlemen... step aside, and let the man go through... let the man go through.

HC_Chief
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
The ones I saw bailing when the rain started were the ones w/o panchos. You would think peeps would check the weather forcast before going to a game... esp on an overcast day like today.

The wife & I sported vinyl panchos (Chiefs panchos, of course! ;)) and stayed nice & dry as the rain poured down. Left after the fourth INT... no need to stand and watch the victory formation... three kneels & game! :)

We were bummed yesterday because we had to leave the KU game in the 3rd quarter.... nap time for the kiddies (they were being a pain in the ass). We caught the rest of the game on the radio however.... great season for my Jayhawks!! I called 7 wins... they got 6 (should have been 8 - they whipped OU defensively, but our QB play sucked... same for KSU).

Saulbadguy
11-27-2005, 04:09 PM
We were bummed yesterday because we had to leave the KU game in the 3rd quarter.... nap time for the kiddies (they were being a pain in the ass). We caught the rest of the game on the radio however.... great season for my Jayhawks!! I called 7 wins... they got 6 (should have been 8 - they whipped OU defensively, but our QB play sucked... same for KSU).
You missed the fans tearing down the goalposts. Again. :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
The field sucked. It looked horrible. Inexcuseable regardless of the results on the field. Dry and dead looking grass on Arrowhead should never happen.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
If you look around at a lot of stadiums they are in this shape. It is incredible that they let them get so much wear and tear. But I guess since most of them are taxpayer financed they have to let other teams use them. It still sucks.

Bob Dole
11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
The field sucked. It looked horrible. Inexcuseable regardless of the results on the field. Dry and dead looking grass on Arrowhead should never happen.

Jackson county spent the dirt budget on twinkly lights. It's clear that the dirt is worn out.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Jackson county spent the dirt budget on twinkly lights. It's clear that the dirt is worn out.

The twinkling lights aren't twinkling.

I know, Art, thanks for noticing.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
It looked like they replaced the sod in the midde of the field and didn't water it enough, the dead areas were in strips. They need to install FieldTurf already.

rocks
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
The field was sh** because the Hunt's keep playing F***ing soccer on it!! In addition to whoreing it out to anyone with cash that wants to play on it! Hell at least use some of the cash to replace the turf!!

Sully
11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
They replaced part of the field since the last college game and long since the last soccer game, so that's not the issue.
It did look like hell, though.

gblowfish
11-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Dear Greatest Fans in the NFL:

I've heard some discussion and complaint about the field conditions for our game today in Arrowhead Stadium.

The field turf in Arrowhead is old and in need of replacement. If you go down into the bowels of the stadium, down by the crumbling concrete pillars, frayed electrical wires and leaking sewer pipes, you can see the grass from the bottom side up. There's an alarming amount of crabgrass, creeping vine and clover, not to mention pests like moles, fire ants and cinch bugs. It's distressing. Kansas City's own Grass Guru George Toma actually soiled himself upon seeing the deporable condition of this field. He then took the soilage and spread it around near the inside hash marks, hoping to improve the nutrient value of the turf. Unfortunately, it was too high in nitrogen and burned the grass yellow.

Be assured that in April we will ask the voters of Jackson County to approve a $200 million consulting contract with the architectural firm my wife works for to study the problem, and in the mean time award a $75 a month contract to Ryan Tree and Lawn Service (the guys in the shiny red trucks) for better monthly turf maintenance. We promise to give you, the greatest fans in the NFL, a field free of creeping vine and cinch bugs. Meanwhile, start thinking about how pretty that grass would be under a $400 million rolling roof...

Sincerely, Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

rocks
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, ugh, I'm sure the soccer made the underlying dirt structure unstable making the grass above unable to pull the required nutrients required to survive! Damn soccer!

Coach
Bah, nobody shows up at the K. Tell them damned soccer players to go play at the K, since the grass there is pretty much "useless" for the winter season.

headsnap
I actually like the fact that the field was crap. Football is an elements game and torn sod and mud is/should be a part of it. I hate this carpet/plastic/genetically engineered crap that is used now.

I miss the old days when a white jersey wouldn't be white for long, especially on a day like today.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
The field was sh** because the Hunt's keep playing F***ing soccer on it!! In addition to whoreing it out to anyone with cash that wants to play on it! Hell at least use some of the cash to replace the turf!!
ROFL

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM

I've heard some discussion and complaint about the field conditions for our game today in Arrowhead Stadium.

The field turf in Arrowhead is old and in need of replacement. If you go down into the bowels of the stadium, down by the crumbling concrete pillars, frayed electrical wires and leaking sewer pipes, you can see the grass from the bottom side up. There's an alarming amount of crabgrass, creeping vine and clover, not to mention pests like moles, fire ants and cinch bugs. It's distressing. Kansas City's own Grass Guru George Toma actually soiled himself upon seeing the deporable condition of this field. He then took the soilage and spread it around near the inside hash marks, hoping to improve the nutrient value of the turf. Unfortunately, it was too high in nitrogen and burned the grass yellow.

Be assured that in April we will ask the voters of Jackson County to approve a $200 million consulting contract with the architectural firm my wife works for to study the problem, and in the mean time award a $75 a month contract to Ryan Tree and Lawn Service (the guys in the shiny red trucks) for better monthly turf maintenance. We promise to give you, the greatest fans in the NFL, a field free of creeping vine and cinch bugs. Meanwhile, start thinking about how pretty that grass would be under a $400 million rolling roof...

Sincerely, Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

LOL. Thanks for the clarification, Poobah. We will proudly welcome you over to Kansas after you finish draining JackCo.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I actually like the fact that the field was crap. Football is an elements game and torn sod and mud is/should be a part of it. I hate this carpet/plastic/genetically engineered crap that is used now.

I miss the old days when a white jersey wouldn't be white for long, especially on a day like today.
you're gonna be sorry if one of our guys get hurt on it.

headsnap
11-27-2005, 08:16 PM
you're gonna be sorry if one of our guys get hurt on it.

that's football...

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:18 PM
that's football...

If something happens to LJ next week... I will be the first to snap your head. :shake:

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
If something happens to LJ next week... I will be the first to snap your head. :shake:

Less likely to be hurt on grass than on any kind of artificial surface.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM

:hmmm: kinky

rocks
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
How about dead grass? Got any stats on that?

headsnap
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM

that's what I was thinkin'... :)

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
in a non-kinky way.

Saulbadguy
11-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll punch you...in the FACE!

Deberg_1990

Sincerely, Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

hahah..hilarious..i actually cried as i read that.

Brock
How about dead grass? Got any stats on that?

I'd sure like some of that magic grass they have at Lambeau. It's green in January.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll punch you...in the FACE!

You can attempt to.... I'm willing to bet you won't connect.

rocks
11-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd sure like some of that magic grass they have at Lambeau. It's green in January.
I think Lambeau is flash frozen to keep it fresh!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
You can attempt to.... I'm willing to bet you won't connect.

Brick killed a man!

unlurking
11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
I blame the cats that keep sneaking in and pissin on the field at night. Think it's time for an anti-freeze moat.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I blame the cats that keep sneaking in and pissin on the field at night. Think it's time for an anti-freeze moat.

I blame Scanlon for coming out from underneath the ground and not using doors like normal people.

Talisman
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
The ones I saw bailing when the rain started were the ones w/o panchos. You would think peeps would check the weather forcast before going to a game... esp on an overcast day like today.

The wife & I sported vinyl panchos (Chiefs panchos, of course! ;)) and stayed nice & dry as the rain poured down. Left after the fourth INT... no need to stand and watch the victory formation... three kneels & game! :)

I gave an extra poncho I brought in to some girl who was getting soaked.

And by "gave" I mean sold at 100% mark-up.

Logical
11-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Less likely to be hurt on grass than on any kind of artificial surface.I believe the new field turf is supposed to be equally as safe as grass. They installed it at our local High School (Poway) and that stuff is amazingly similar to grass and the stuff underneath has the same properties as dirt except it drains a little better.

Phobia
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I gave an extra poncho I brought in to some girl who was getting soaked.

And by "gave" I mean sold at 100% mark-up.

Yeah. I bought 15 ponchos last night because I knew our friends would need them. But I didn't really mark them up. I just got my money back out of them.

I was planning to say something interesting here.

KCJake
11-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Fans will continue to leave early unless the stadium is upgraded.
If the grass was in better condition, you think the fans would stick around longer?

carlos3652
11-27-2005, 10:13 PM
...let the man go through... let the man go through.

Soul Coughing.... :clap: Carry on...

BigRedChief
11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
They were talking about the field on 610 today and here's what they said (This is not a joke). Normally at this time of year the grounds crew paints the field green in the rough spots so it looks nice. However they aren't allowed to do that anymore because when our friends the Raiders played here last year they complained to the NFL that the paint stained their uniforms and requested that the NFL buy them new uniforms. Now the Chiefs aren't allowed to paint the field.

KcMizzou
11-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Lame.

I dont think the paint would do much to help prevent the huge pot holes and 8 pound divots, though.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
They were talking about the field on 610 today and here's what they said (This is not a joke). Normally at this time of year the grounds crew paints the field green in the rough spots so it looks nice. However they aren't allowed to do that anymore because when our friends the Raiders played here last year they complained to the NFL that the paint stained their uniforms and requested that the NFL buy them new uniforms. Now the Chiefs aren't allowed to paint the field.

hahah....OMG....i cant believe thats true??

Maybe we should bring back the artificial turf again?? Carl, Montana retired 11 years ago.

KcMizzou
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Maybe we should bring back the artificial turf again?? I assume you mean field turf. I guess I wouldn't have a huge problem with that.

I'd prefer we have natural grass though... if we can take proper care of it.

Bob Dole
11-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I assume you mean field turf. I guess I wouldn't have a huge problem with that.

I'd prefer we have natural grass though... if we can take proper care of it.

The Jackson County Sports Authority is responsible for maintenance and refuses to take care of the turf "properly."

Clearly, they have failed to meet the terms of the stadium lease and the only alternative is to build a new stadium or approve $250 million in renovations.

Count Zarth
11-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah they've been painting it for YEARS.

We need field turf.

Mecca
11-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I remember they discussed that a few years ago and didn't do it because they didn't know if they could paint soccer lines on the field turf then remove them.

I love how the soccer team influences what happens at the football stadium.......

Count Zarth
11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
I thought the Hunts kicked the soccer out of Arrowhead. I haven't seen any lines this year.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 10:27 PM

I love how the soccer team influences what happens at the football stadium.......

Exactly, soccer and all 4 of its fans.

KC-Chef
11-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Anyone watch the game in High Def? That field was embarrassing. My wife (who knows next to nothing about football) said "Why does Kansas City have the ugliest field ever?"

Hard to answer that. Hash mark to Hash mark was completely wasted. The announcers even commenting on how terrible the field is and praying for the rain to hold off a bit.

Maybe they think the money to maintain the field would somehow come out of the funds set aside to keep I-70 in such autobahn like condition.