PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Chiefs, but we have to play better O if we want to be a playoff team!

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
4 FG's ain't going to cut it!

Congrats D, but you also can't rest on this victory either. Next week is a must win for us (even though we could drop this game and then run the table and still make the playoffs, losing at home would probably put too much pressure on us for us to realistically win the rest of our games). We have to play perfect football to have a chance next week! Let's GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Really no one is expecting us to be in the playoffs this year. If we do make the playoffs, it will surprise a lot of people including a lot of Chiefs fans.

11-5 would be an awesome achievement given our 5-3 start! Finishing 6-2 and playing teams with winning records our last 6 games would be a big big surprise!

We'll know next week!

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:03 PM
We may have won on the scoreboard, but we lost in every way that really counts.

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry we couldn't be perfect on offense. :rolleyes:

I'm more impressed that we still won despite that piss-poor redzone showing. GUNTHER IS THE MAN!

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought the O looked very good today and extremely efficient. Of course, we settled for field goals but The Patriots are a damn good team and very scrappy. We moved the ball up and down the field all day.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Trent Green throwing for over 300 and LJ rushing for over 100 is really nothing.

We have to play better on offense.

Give it up already.

el borracho
11-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Anybody know why the Chiefs do not run more fade routes and/ or misdirection plays in the red zone?

I'm also wondering where the slant went. We saw it for a few weeks when Horn was playing and now it is awol again. Why?

SNR
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
What we need is for you the fans to make Arrowhead louder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one11

4th and Long
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Green put up his best rating all year, LJ goes over 100 again and you you have the f*cuking audacity to bitch? F*CK OFF!!!!

- 4th
tired of this whiny ass bullshit after win

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Green put up his best rating all year, LJ goes over 100 again and you you have the f*cuking audacity to bitch? F*CK OFF!!!!

- 4th
tired of this whiny ass bullshit after winTake off those rose-colored beer goggles, pollyanna.

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Anybody know why the Chiefs do not run more fade routes and/ or misdirection plays in the red zone?
?

Because Al Squanders is a retard.

I didn't see KC run any of the stuff that got Kennison open in the red zone for a TD last week. And they refuse to run the fade more than once every 4 or 5 games.

We're just not very creative down there. I see the Chargers split out Gates and go 4/5 wide to get one on one matchups sometimes. Then they throw a jump ball.

Why can't we do that with Gonzalez?

4th and Long
11-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Take off those rose-colored beer goggles, pollyanna.
I believe youre smart enough that I dont need to point out to you just exactly what parts of my anatomy you can kiss and suck.

jidar
11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
We may have won on the scoreboard, but we lost in every way that really counts.

Jesus that's a stupid ****ing statement.

The one way that REALLY counts, we won.

But seriously, what are you talking about? Elaborate?

el borracho
11-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Gonzalez, Boerigter and (supposedly) Wilson. Sigh, wherefore art thou, Joe Valerio?

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
But seriously, what are you talking about? Elaborate?http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=129802

Deberg_1990
Because Al Squanders is a retard.

I didn't see KC run any of the stuff that got Kennison open in the red zone for a TD last week. And they refuse to run the fade more than once every 4 or 5 games.

We're just not very creative down there. I see the Chargers split out Gates and go 4/5 wide to get one on one matchups sometimes. Then they throw a jump ball.

Exactly. Plus they insist on running the Priest (sweep) Holmes running play when they get down there and LJ is just NOT that type of runner at all. They need to run some more quick slants to the WR's down there.

el borracho
keg in kc:fishing::Larry Johnson:smacking bitches

FringeNC
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Offense played great. Gonzo dropped two TD passes that he usually catches...other than that, what in the hell is there to bitch at?

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 04:27 PM
They need to run some more quick slants to the WR's down there.

It's tough to do that down there. Teams are looking for it and the linebackers drop into zones.

The other stuff...there is no excuse for. I've seen Denver execute these redzone passing plays that I'm talking about.

Fruit Ninja
11-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I hope people realize that we did not run left. That was due to not putting to much pressure on Roaf, They just wanted to save him for the rest of the season. That play calling was due to Roaf's hamstring. Offense will continue to get better as long as no one gets hurt. Not to mention Patriots front7 kicks ass.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Gonzo dropped two TD passes that he usually catches...I'd only call one a drop. The second was a great defensive play by Izzo (stripped it) after a throw Green shouldn't have attempted in the first place.

That's the one and only thing that's always bugged me about Green, he just forces too many throws in the endzone. He doesn't have the gun to pull that off.

jidar
11-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Quick Slants in the endzone always make me nervous as hell. Seems like those passes have a high int percentage.

Count Alex's Wins
The way I see it, neither throw was a bad decision.

On the first one, it was a low throw by Trent, but Gonzo still had a chance.

On the second, I thought Trent made a great throw to Gonzo even if he was double covered. Gonzo got the ball in both hands and then dropped it.

Coogs
Power football and play-action passing built us a 26-3 lead.

Once the Pats knew we were going to run the football with that lead, the offense maybe wasn't the greatest, but how many here expected a 26-3 lead early in the 3rd quarter?

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:37 PM
It was a good throw, I'll agree with that, but, again, I didn't think he dropped it, the defender got a hand in there. That's just a good defensive play. It happens sometimes.

(Maybe it didn't happen the way I remember it. I didn't record the game so I can't look back, but I swear I saw Izzo rip it out.)

The first drop was pathetic.

unlurking
11-27-2005, 04:38 PM
I hope people realize that we did not run left. That was due to not putting to much pressure on Roaf, They just wanted to save him for the rest of the season. That play calling was due to Roaf's hamstring. Offense will continue to get better as long as no one gets hurt. Not to mention Patriots front7 kicks ass.
I noticed we had very few running plays to the left as well. I hope you're right, and that we'll see more next week.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't think we ran much to the right, either. I don't think we're feeling all that hot about the play of either Shields or (especially) Welborne.

It was ugly watching them get destroyed trying to double-team - whoever it was. Warren or Seymour.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 04:41 PM
The first and goal from the 3, I would have liked to seen LJ up the middle for how many ever plays it took.

When it's first and goal from the 10.... that is just pretty tough to score a TD.

jidar
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
It was a good throw, I'll agree with that, but, again, I didn't think he dropped it, the defender got a hand in there. That's just a good defensive play. It happens sometimes.

(Maybe it didn't happen the way I remember it. I didn't record the game so I can't look back, but I swear I saw Izzo rip it out.)

The first drop was pathetic.

You're right, that was a good defensive play. The throw was right where it should be and Gonzo caught it and had it, but Izzo made an absolutely great play putting his hand in there and stripping the catch.
You don't blame Trent for the throw or Gonzo for the drop because 9 times out of 10 that play is a TD, but this time the other team pulled it off.

I wouldn't call the first drop pathetic though, Gonzo had a DB all over him.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 04:55 PM

- 4th

You won't feel that way next week when we lose b/c we couldn't put it in the endzone BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Heh. If we want to make the playoffs WE HAVE TO WIN. Bottom Line.

beer bacon
11-27-2005, 04:57 PM
You won't feel that way next week when we lose b/c we couldn't put it in the endzone BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you the asshole that has been saying we are going to win the rest of our games this season and go 12-4? Now that we beat the Pats by 10 points you think we will lose next week? Make up your damn mind.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Offense played great. Gonzo dropped two TD passes that he usually catches...other than that, what in the hell is there to bitch at?

no one is bitching just pointing out the facts mame, we don't put it in the paint next week, we don't go to the playoffs period! Any questions?

Our D is not at the stage where they can win games for us, maybe next year. We need our O to win games for us. Our O will have to do better next week!

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Our D is not at the stage where they can win games for us, maybe next year. Yeah, it's not like they've allowed 14, 17 and 16 points in consecutive weeks. They suck.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Power football and play-action passing built us a 26-3 lead.

Once the Pats knew we were going to run the football with that lead, the offense maybe wasn't the greatest, but how many here expected a 26-3 lead early in the 3rd quarter?

No one is talking about beating the Pats! We're talking about beating upcoming teams like Denver, SD, Dallas, NY Giants, and Cincy. All of which are better teams than NE.

beer bacon
11-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's not like they've allowed 14, 17 and 16 points in consecutive weeks. They suck.

It is also not like they have literally won quite a few games for this year with game ending stops and turnovers.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Aren't you the asshole that has been saying we are going to win the rest of our games this season and go 12-4? Now that we beat the Pats by 10 points you think we will lose next week? Make up your damn mind.

I'm expecting them to pull it off, I doesn't mean they will. They have to get better each week, not just win if they have a chance to go 11-5 or 12-4! 4 FG's is unacceptable. They got the win, but that is not comforting enough for me, b/c I know a much better team is coming to visit us next week. If we lose, we'll have to run the table and that's not very comforting.

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Our D is not at the stage where they can win games for us, maybe next year.

WHAT?

They've been doing it ALL YEAR.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 05:10 PM
I have a question: were you born this moronic, or is it something you've striven for as an adult?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it's not like they've allowed 14, 17 and 16 points in consecutive weeks. They suck.

No one saying they suck, that was the last 4 years. They definitely don't suck, but they are no where near as dominant as a Chicago D. Sorry our O has to step it up a notch and convert 2 of the 4 FG's into TD's!

Redcoats58
11-27-2005, 05:15 PM
No one saying they suck, that was the last 4 years. They definitely don't suck, but they are no where near as dominant as a Chicago D. Sorry our O has to step it up a notch and convert 2 of the 4 FG's into TD's!
Where do you get this crap from? The Chiefs took what the Patriots D gave them. Never was I worried about losing that game, or loosing for you chiefsplanet folk.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Hint: '63's shtick is to be pessimistic when the Chiefs are doing well and optimistic when they are doing poorly! Occasionally, he'll throw in a statement of the super-obvious!

redbrian
11-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Four field goals won’t beat Denver but Four Field Goals and two touchdowns will.

Denver is only avg. 25.7 points a game, remove the outlier game of 49 points and they are only scoring 23.4 points.

If you only consider their road record they fair even worse with a measly 21.6 points a game.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Hint: '63's shtick is to be pessimistic when the Chiefs are doing well and optimistic when they are doing poorly! Occasionally, he'll throw in a statement of the super-obvious!

Thanks for giving me away CDCOX!!!!!!! :p

A lot of touchy people on this board! People are way too sensitive on this board. By the way I'm still optimistic just know we have play better to not only make the playoffs, but be competitive when we get there.
I'm happy with the win just not satisfied.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Four field goals won’t beat Denver but Four Field Goals and two touchdowns will.

Denver is only avg. 25.7 points a game, remove the outlier game of 49 points and they are only scoring 23.4 points.

If you only consider their road record they fair even worse with a measly 21.6 points a game.

Denver's O is far better than Pat's! Try 3 TD's and 3 FG's, 30-28 Chiefs!

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
No one is talking about beating the Pats! We're talking about beating upcoming teams like Denver, SD, Dallas, NY Giants, and Cincy. All of which are better teams than NE.

So am I. Power football and play action pass. It has worked very well for two straight weeks. If we keep using it we have a chance. LJ is piling up the yards and so is Green. Good combination. We don't have to play better O, just the same O.

LocoChiefsFan
11-27-2005, 06:27 PM

- 4th
You aren't the only one.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2005, 06:28 PM

You are the biggest ass-clown on this board. Your posts are laughable.

We won the ****ing game, whiner.

Take out your kotex and enjoy a win for once rather than posting your ridiculous bullshit after every game.

If the Chiefs put 26 on Denver next week, they win the game.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2005, 06:29 PM
no one is bitching just pointing out the facts mame, we don't put it in the paint next week, we don't go to the playoffs period! Any questions?

Our D is not at the stage where they can win games for us, maybe next year. We need our O to win games for us. Our O will have to do better next week!

You aren't posting facts. You are posting your amateur opinion.

I guess you have missed that the defense has been pretty ****ing good this year. We need all PHASES OF THE GAME to win. We got them today.

milkman
11-27-2005, 06:30 PM
So am I. Power football and play action pass. It has worked very well for two straight weeks. If we keep using it we have a chance. LJ is piling up the yards and so is Green. Good combination. We don't have to play better O, just the same O.

Exactly.
We also have to keep pounding LJ in the red zone.

ROYC75
11-27-2005, 06:31 PM

I'm also wondering where the slant went. We saw it for a few weeks when Horn was playing and now it is awol again. Why?

Maybe they are saving it for the playoff run ? :rolleyes:

redbrian
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Denver's O is far better than Pat's! Try 3 TD's and 3 FG's, 30-28 Chiefs!

Denver’s juggernaut O is only avg. 21.6 pts on the road.

4 x 3 = 12
2 x 7 = 14
14 + 12 = 26

Yep that beats 21.6

Donko’s are not tearing up their road games (they only scored over 24 points on the road against the faiders) with big scores.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 07:53 PM

You're kidding right? We've played the lowly Texans and now the Pats who have started 41 different players, the record is 42. Stop kidding yourself, we need to play extremely well on O and that means converting more FG's to TD's.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
You are the biggest ass-clown on this board. Your posts are laughable.

We won the ****ing game, whiner.

Take out your kotex and enjoy a win for once rather than posting your ridiculous bullshit after every game.

If the Chiefs put 26 on Denver next week, they win the game.

Where do you see whining in my thread? If you disagree with the post state your reasons, calling me names and insulting me only shows that you're the ass-clown not me.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:03 PM
You aren't posting facts. You are posting your amateur opinion.

I guess you have missed that the defense has been pretty ****ing good this year. We need all PHASES OF THE GAME to win. We got them today.

as if your opinions are not amateur. right! sorry to break this to you but we'll all amateurs here!

mac58
11-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I thought the O looked very good today and extremely efficient. Of course, we settled for field goals but The Patriots are a damn good team and very scrappy. We moved the ball up and down the field all day.

i agree.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM
You're kidding right? We've played the lowly Texans and now the Pats who have started 41 different players, the record is 42. Stop kidding yourself, we need to play extremely well on O and that means converting more FG's to TD's.

No I am not kidding. We did play extremely well on offense today. We were ahead at one time 26-3. Or did you miss that part?

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
as if your opinions are not amateur. right! sorry to break this to you but we'll all amateurs here!
Your and idiot.

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Your and idiot.

I agree.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
No I am not kidding. We did play extremely well on offense today. We were ahead at one time 26-3. Or did you miss that part?

did you miss the part that Pat's have had 41 new starters, the record is 42 in a season and the Texans are the worst team in the NFL?

Chiefs played well, I'm not taking that away from them, you just have to wait and see after next week. If Chiefs can beat one of the best teams in football then that's something to hang your hat on. Once that happens Chiefs players can have some momentum and confidence to make it to the playoffs, if they lose next week then the odds are we are not going to make it. We could still run the table after losing to Denver and get it, but this will be highly unlikely.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM

I can't believe that out of 10,000 sperm, you were the quickest

Coach
11-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Our D is not at the stage where they can win games for us, maybe next year.

Wow. I have to ask, but who the hell are you really watching? The defense have won games for the Chiefs this year. This ain't your Greg "Spinner" Robinson defense for Christ sakes.

Let's observe.

3 yrs in GROB's crappy scheme.
2 yrs in Gunther's scheme.

The Chiefs defense actually got better during the course of the 2 years that Gunther has, even with the players they brought in. I sure as hell didn't see ANY improvement under Robinson. So, if you consider our defense horrible, then you should also consider the Patriots defense terrible.

Seriously, do you remember the Chiefs defenses under Greg Robinson? Good lord, I can remember teams ripping 30+ yards aganist the Chiefs, either on the ground or the air. Now that seems a faint memory. Sure the Chiefs are going to give up a few here and there, but it's not on a consistent basis, as it used to be under Robinson.

The Patriots played a smarter and better game in the 2nd half, there is no denying that. It was going to be tough anyways, but so what, they are a good team.

Personally I feel if you want to complain about this game, put your money where your mouth is. Post some sort of statistics that show how bad you are saying we are and the reason that you think so.

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:25 PM

ROFL

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Hhahahahaha. Just once again proves that better than bad doesn't equal good.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Denver’s juggernaut O is only avg. 21.6 pts on the road.

4 x 3 = 12
2 x 7 = 14
14 + 12 = 26

Yep that beats 21.6

Donko’s are not tearing up their road games (they only scored over 24 points on the road against the faiders) with big scores.

If we stop Denver's running game, and don't turn the ball over...we'll win the game.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM

:clap: Score one for the nicest butt on the site.

Please don't post a pic of yours, Skip, to compete.

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 08:31 PM
If we stop Denver's running game, and don't turn the ball over...we'll win the game.

A few first downs would be nice, too.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:31 PM

Well, you know... ROFL

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Well hell, why don't say something more obvious, like if we score more than them, we'll win.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Chiefs played well, I'm not taking that away from them, you just have to wait and see after next week.

Wait and see what? I like what I have seen the last two weeks. I don't care who we were/are playing. We are playing power football with the play action pass being mixed in. That formula is kicking azz right now too!

That is what we need to do against Denver too. They are too fast on the edges and will run our sweeps down. Will it be tough? Hell yes. But I have faith in the R&G right now, as it appears AS is finally getting it.

I'm not worried about the FG's instead of TD's. At least they were not punts instead of FG's. TD's on first and goal from the 10 are tough to get. I do think we should have ran LJ straight ahead on 1st down from the 3, but the play action roll out pass to Gonzo nearly worked.

Count Alex's Wins
11-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Well hell, why don't say something more obvious, like if we score more than them, we'll win.

But...we could score less and lose. Y'know? BOOM!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:38 PM
If we stop the run, Jake Plummer won't beat us.

IIRC, I don't think the Broncos have had to play from behind all year. That's something they don't want. Hopefully the Chiefs can get out to an early double digit lead.

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
But...we could score less and lose. Y'know? BOOM!

That there is some quality analysis, Mr. Madden.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I can't believe that out of 10,000 sperm, you were the quickestTells you something about the gene pool the swimmers came from.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
That there is some quality analysis, Mr. Madden.

speaking of quality analysis. I watched Bill Romanowski try to make sense of himself today. What a worthless bit that was.

Coach
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
One thing I am expecting the Chiefs for this up-coming game aganist Denver is to shut down that god-damned annoying bootleg.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Tells you something about the gene pool the swimmers came from.

Definitely tells me that there were no lifeguards on duty.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
"Swim at your own risk"

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
speaking of quality analysis. I watched Bill Romanowski try to make sense of himself today. What a worthless bit that was.

I would have turned the TV as soon as I saw that POS on my screen.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Wow. I have to ask, but who the hell are you really watching? The defense have won games for the Chiefs this year. This ain't your Greg "Spinner" Robinson defense for Christ sakes.

Let's observe.

3 yrs in GROB's crappy scheme.
2 yrs in Gunther's scheme.

The Chiefs defense actually got better during the course of the 2 years that Gunther has, even with the players they brought in. I sure as hell didn't see ANY improvement under Robinson. So, if you consider our defense horrible, then you should also consider the Patriots defense terrible.

Seriously, do you remember the Chiefs defenses under Greg Robinson? Good lord, I can remember teams ripping 30+ yards aganist the Chiefs, either on the ground or the air. Now that seems a faint memory. Sure the Chiefs are going to give up a few here and there, but it's not on a consistent basis, as it used to be under Robinson.

The Patriots played a smarter and better game in the 2nd half, there is no denying that. It was going to be tough anyways, but so what, they are a good team.

Personally I feel if you want to complain about this game, put your money where your mouth is. Post some sort of statistics that show how bad you are saying we are and the reason that you think so.

Where did I say our D was bad? They're just not great! If we disagree so be it. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the progress we've made. People just like to put words in my mouth or my posts. I'm not complaining about where are D is going I'm just talking about being a playoff team and our chances.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Definitely tells me that there were no lifeguards on duty.

Sometimes, condoms are a good idea.

Coach
11-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Where did I say our D was bad? They're just not great! If we disagree so be it. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the progress we've made. People just like to put words in my mouth or my posts. I'm not complaining about where are D is going I'm just talking about being a playoff team and our chances.

Fair enough. Just that comment about the Chiefs defense isn't good enough to hold games is the one that caught my eye. I was just simply making a point that there were several games where we score the TD, but leave too much time on the clock for the opposing teams to make a drive and win the game in a last second FG or a TD.

I'm not trying to put words in your posts or anything. I'm just simply pointing out the comment, that is all.

As for our chances in the playoffs, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Win out, and we're pretty much almost in.

Skip Towne
Where is are defense going?

keg in kc
Sometimes, condoms are a good idea.Cody, when I told you you should use latex gloves when you're cleaning your kitchen, that wasn't what I meant.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Wait and see what? I like what I have seen the last two weeks. I don't care who we were/are playing. We are playing power football with the play action pass being mixed in. That formula is kicking azz right now too!

That is what we need to do against Denver too. They are too fast on the edges and will run our sweeps down. Will it be tough? Hell yes. But I have faith in the R&G right now, as it appears AS is finally getting it.

I'm not worried about the FG's instead of TD's. At least they were not punts instead of FG's. TD's on first and goal from the 10 are tough to get. I do think we should have ran LJ straight ahead on 1st down from the 3, but the play action roll out pass to Gonzo nearly worked.

You might be right, but we'll have to see on the field next week. See my Thread "These next 3 games will show what we're made of!"

By the way I appreciate your comments, thanks for disagreeing with me without insulting me or call me names. I like this board but there's very few people with class here!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Cody, when I told you you should use latex gloves when you're cleaning your kitchen, that wasn't what I meant.

That explains the liquidy taste of my bread on my peanut butter sandwich this morning.

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
You might be right, but we'll have to see on the field next week. See my Thread "These next 3 games will show what we're made of!"

By the way I appreciate your comments, thanks for disagreeing with me without insulting me or call me names. I like this board but there's very few people with class here!
Yep, classless and deranged. That's us.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Peanut butter and mayo?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Where is are defense going?

The stats show all. Where is our D ranked overall and what's our W-L record?
Our D has kept us in the hunt for the playoffs I will agree, but our O has not done enough yet to get us in! Our O will get us in not our D. I hope this clears things up as far as where I stand.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:55 PM
We wouldn't be so insulting if he'd get in step with the PPL.

Coach
11-27-2005, 08:56 PM
The stats show all. Where is our D ranked overall and what's our W-L record?
Our D has kept us in the hunt for the playoffs I will agree, but our O has not done enough yet to get us in! Our O will get us in not our D. I hope this clears things up as far as where I stand.

I disagree. Not only our O has to get us into the playoffs, the Defense ALSO has to do their part of the deal as well.

The Defense is doing their part, especially stopping the run.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Yep, classless and deranged. That's us.

It's "The Mob" mentality! I understand it, but don't endorse it!

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
We wouldn't be so insulting if he'd get in step with the PPL.

Awwww, look, keg misses Johnny.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Awwww, look, keg misses Johnny.Almost as much as I miss whatshername, my ex-wife.

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 09:01 PM
It's "The Mob" mentality! I understand it, but don't endorse it!
The Planet is like a pack of wild dogs. One gets mad, they all get mad.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I disagree. Not only our O has to get us into the playoffs, the Defense ALSO has to do their part of the deal as well.

The Defense is doing their part, especially stopping the run.

No we both agree that our D is doing it's part, it's the O that I have problem with. Our O needs to kick in high gear starting next week and beat a very good team. We have yet to do this!

milkman
11-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Almost as much as I miss whatshername, my ex-wife.

Didn't you tell us she was the party the line was for?

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I think her name was Union Station.

Coach
11-27-2005, 09:05 PM
No we both agree that our D is doing it's part, it's the O that I have problem with. Our O needs to kick in high gear starting next week and beat a very good team. We have yet to do this!

Actually, I like to think that our O actually arrived. Granted, it was the Texans, but we literally blew them out, which we were supposed to do. Then we took care of the Patriots, a game that the Chiefs needed to win.

Granted, the red-zone is still an issue, but the Patriots didn't force the Chiefs to punt until the 3rd quarter if I recall correctly.

And the Chiefs played mistake-free football for the most part, minus the penalties and the LJ fumble. Just glad that the fumble didn't do too much damage in terms of game-changing result.

If there is an break-out game for the offense, I would love for them to do it next week.

KChiefsQT
11-27-2005, 09:09 PM
If there is an break-out game for the offense, I would love for them to do it next week.

Amen!!!!!!
I wanna feel the crown rumbling in my house... get loud guys and let's fire up some donkeys.

philfree
11-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Our O has to find itself in the Red/Gold Zone. Besides that there is nothing wrong with our O if we stay healthy. We relied heavily on Holmes to the pylon the last 4 years. All we have to do is find a nitche with LJ in the game when we are inside the 20. If our O line holds up I believe we will find a way to increase our production when we get inside the 20.

PhilFree:arrow:

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Actually, I like to think that our O actually arrived. Granted, it was the Texans, but we literally blew them out, which we were supposed to do. Then we took care of the Patriots, a game that the Chiefs needed to win.

Granted, the red-zone is still an issue, but the Patriots didn't force the Chiefs to punt until the 3rd quarter if I recall correctly.

And the Chiefs played mistake-free football for the most part, minus the penalties and the LJ fumble. Just glad that the fumble didn't do too much damage in terms of game-changing result.

I will agree with you if we beat Denver! It will all become clear that they have turned the corner if we beat Denver, and we must at least win 1 of the last 2 road games as well (hopefully win both of them). Beating a very good team at home and 2 decent teams away will convince me that we have turned the corner offensively! If we accomplish this, it will be the first time this year that we've done this (see my Thread, "These next 3 games will show what we are made of!") .

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Our O has to find itself in the Red/Gold Zone. Besides that there is nothing wrong with our O if we stay healthy. We relied heavily on Holmes to the pylon the last 4 years. All we have to do is find a nitche with LJ in the game when we are inside the 20. If our O line holds up I believe we will find a way to increase our production when we get inside the 20.

We better or we not playing in the postseason!

philfree
11-27-2005, 09:29 PM
We better or we not playing in the postseason!

IMO our ability to stop teams on 3rd down is a much bigger factor right now. We did it today against a good QB but we have to keep it up. this week we're gonna have to stop the Donks inside outside game. We have to stay disciplined and not allow the cut back runs inside as well has be able to play the roll outs by Jake The Flake. We'll get our points at home we just gotta not fall for that Donk trickery.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 09:34 PM
IMO our ability to stop teams on 3rd down is a much bigger factor right now. We did it today against a good QB but we have to keep it up. this week we're gonna have to stop the Donks inside outside game. We have to stay disciplined and not allow the cut back runs inside as well has be able to play the roll outs by Jake The Flake. We'll get our points at home we just gotta not fall for that Donk trickery.

I think our D will do a good job, but the Donks will still score points, the question is will our O score more? The only way they do is converting FG's to TD's in the red zone.