PDA

View Full Version : Can Chiefs not make the playoffs at 11-5?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that they probably won't make it if they drop to 10-6, but is there a chance that 11-5 may not get them in? Also is there a scenario that they can still make it at 10-6? Perhaps someone has done the calculations on this.

JBucc
11-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I'd say there's a good chance at 11-5

Rausch
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
It's possible, but 11-5 is probably a gauranteed WC spot...

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, there is a scenario out there that it may be possible. This is what happens when you have 4 division winners now and not 3. Damn NFL! A few years ago a team like the Pats wouldnt have made the playoffs going 9-7. They would have had Indy in that Division.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah there are some senarios where we don't make it at 11-5. It's more than 90% certain though, if we can get to 11-5.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 04:28 PM
And it is still about 50% certain we can make it at 10-6, but those odds shrink everytime our WC rivals win a game.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2005, 04:29 PM
You guys need the Bengals, Broncos, Chargers, and Jax to start losing.

Bowser
11-27-2005, 04:30 PM
If we're going to lose one, it has to be against either the Cowboys or the Giants. No more losses to AFC teams.

Count Zarth
If we go 11-5, that means we'll probably beat Cincinatti. We'd get in over them unless they went 12-4.

Logical
Not very likely that would happen.

Deberg_1990

Well we play 3 of those teams so its all in our hands.

Rausch
11-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Broncs, Chargers, and Chiefs all have to play each other yet.

I'll bet the AFCW playoff picture isn't clear until after week 16.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 04:31 PM
If we're going to lose one, it has to be against either the Cowboys or the Giants. No more losses to AFC teams.

With they way we play on the road its almost a given we will lose to the Cowpokes. IM sure the Giants game will be harder than it has to be.

chagrin
11-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Hate to be Captain Obvious here but the key is division victories

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
So we lose next week to Denver, then win 4 straight then possibility is higher that we won't make it at 11-5? Interesting. I wonder what the percentage is of not getting in if we lose to Denver and win the rest?

KCChiefsMan
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Jacksonville really needs to lose today, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen. we gotta go for Indy tomorrow night against Pittsburgh. Chargers really need to start losing. It's going to be very close

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 04:46 PM
With they way we play on the road its almost a given we will lose to the Cowpokes. IM sure the Giants game will be harder than it has to be.
Lets all just Derberg it those Sundays and forfeit. The Chiefs can sit around and watch Survivor.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
So we lose next week to Denver, then win 4 straight then possibility is higher that we won't make it at 11-5? Interesting. I wonder what the percentage is of not getting in if we lose to Denver and win the rest?

The key games will be SD and the Bengals as at 11-5 we would really be looking at the wildcard. The game next week is crucial becasue we have to have momentum going into that tough road trip to the NFC east.

Winning all 3 AFC games at home is the key. Doing that would get us to 10-6 and give us a shot in tiebreaker senarios. Hopefully we pull one out on the road against the Giants or Dallas to get us to 11-5 and then we will be in quite good shape.

KCJake
11-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Has any team in the history of the NFL ever finished 11-5 and not made the playoffs?

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Has any team in the history of the NFL ever finished 11-5 and not made the playoffs?

I doubt it. But like i mentioned earlier, the NFL asked for this sort of scenario when they split up into 4 Divisions a few years ago.

Guru
11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
I doubt it. But like i mentioned earlier, the NFL asked for this sort of scenario when they split up into 4 Divisions a few years ago.

Yeah, just gotta love seeing teams win thier divisions with a 9-7, possibly even an 8-8, record this year. That will definitely cost a 10-6 team for certain. If an 11-5 team gets left out, the NFL bigwigs will be sick as they never even fathomed that as a possibility.

Pants
11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
we gotta go for Indy tomorrow night against Pittsburgh. Chargers really need to start losing. It's going to be very close

No we don't. Indy is irrelevant now, they made it. They'd have to lose 4 games to just be at the point which is our best case scenario and has about 1% probablity of happening. We need to worry more about Pitt winning.

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM

As long as we beat SD & Cinci we will be in I am sure at 11-5.

RINGLEADER
11-27-2005, 06:48 PM
It's going to be next to impossible to catch Denver - even if we beat them next week - because they not only have two games on us but they also hold the common opponents tie-breaker and there just aren't enough common opponents for us to make up the difference.

As far as the wild card is concerned we should really be rooting for both Pittsburgh and Cincy to start losing but, if one of the teams has to win the division, we should be hoping for the Steelers since there aren't the required four common opponents games with Cincy and if we beat them straight up in the final week we'd take one of the wild card spots (provided our records are similar to what they are today). To take the tie-breaker over the Steelers we'd need to beat the Chargers and Cincy and end up even with them.

The injury to Byron Leftwich could make the Jacksonville play into post-season interesting but I don't see them losing more than two more games and the tie-breakers again favor them over the Chiefs (again, providing that we beat our conference opponents) based on strength of victory.

It's all really going to come down to how we do against the Broncos/Chargers and the Bengals in week 17.

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Hate to be Captain Obvious here but the key is division victories
Also, we need wins instead of losses.

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
It's going to be next to impossible to catch Denver - even if we beat them next week - because they not only have two games on us but they also hold the common opponents tie-breaker and there just aren't enough common opponents for us to make up the difference.

As far as the wild card is concerned we should really be rooting for both Pittsburgh and Cincy to start losing but, if one of the teams has to win the division, we should be hoping for the Steelers since there aren't the required four common opponents games with Cincy and if we beat them straight up in the final week we'd take one of the wild card spots (provided our records are similar to what they are today). To take the tie-breaker over the Steelers we'd need to beat the Chargers and Cincy and end up even with them.

The injury to Byron Leftwich could make the Jacksonville play into post-season interesting but I don't see them losing more than two more games and the tie-breakers again favor them over the Chiefs (again, providing that we beat our conference opponents) based on strength of victory.

It's all really going to come down to how we do against the Broncos/Chargers and the Bengals in week 17.

Cincy is who we need to really hope to lose. They play pittsburgh and us so they are the team we can knock out. And we must beat SD.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
So we root for the Steelers tomorrow night?

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
You guys need the Bengals, Broncos, Chargers, and Jax to start losing.Or, just win out(not likely)and take care of things ourselves...

ferrarispider95
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
No we don't. Indy is irrelevant now, they made it. They'd have to lose 4 games to just be at the point which is our best case scenario and has about 1% probablity of happening. We need to worry more about Pitt winning.

That's what he said in the post you quoted. We need Indy to win, because either the Bengals or Steelers are going to win the division and one is going to be looking for a wildcard, that we will be trying to get.

Go Indy! (i hate saying that)