PDA

View Full Version : If Chiefs do finish 10-6 won't DV return for one more year?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I certainly won't be at all disappointed if he chooses to come back at 10-6. Would most at the Planet want him gone even with a 10-6 record? I think he could build from this given the improvement on D, and the acquisition of some more offensive playmakers during the offseason either through free agency or the draft. Thoughts?

JBucc
11-27-2005, 05:28 PM
I would say most want him gone no matter what

Redcoats58
11-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't know why, but I really hate you.

Rausch
If we don't win a playoff game I don't see him coming back...

milkman
If 10-6 or better means that Dick comes back, I'll be pissed.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I guess i want him gone no matter what, but id like someone to come in and keep the same basic system. I think we need one or two key players and a hard nosed coach to get us over the top. Kind of like what happened to Tampa Bay a few years back once they got rid of that Pussy Dungy.

Gaz
11-27-2005, 05:47 PM
I hope Vermeil returns no matter what.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes DV’s approach.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Gaz
Likes DVís approach.

I just dont like his mediorce record and 1 playoff appearance in 5 seasons.

nascher
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
mediocre lol ask some Bills Fans 27-16 over the last 3 Season's is far away from mediocre. Overall Dickie is 41-34 if i am right not really good but .....

ck_IN
11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
DV can't leave fast enough.

Did anyone else catch Gonzo in the endzone when the DB batted the ball away? It was a perfectly clean play by the DV but Gonzo jumped up, started pointing and complaining to the ref for a flag.

That in a nutshell is the DV influence on this team. A collection of whiners and crybabies.

Brock
11-27-2005, 06:11 PM

Did anyone else catch Gonzo in the endzone when the DB batted the ball away? It was a perfectly clean play by the DV but Gonzo jumped up, started pointing and complaining to the ref for a flag.

That in a nutshell is the DV influence on this team. A collection of whiners and crybabies.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Every receiver in the NFL calls for a flag every time they don't catch the ball.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM

you got to be kidding right! How many current HC's have been to the SB twice? How many teams will have less than 10 wins?

Phobia
11-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Not a chance in hell - even if DV wanted to come back, CP wouldn't have it.

chiefsfaninNC
11-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Only one I could stomach coming back is GUN, but not as HC he stays as DC. I want new blood in here. Someone young with plenty of energy. I like Mike Shula.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
10-6= DV gone.
11-5= DV gone
12-4= DV gone.

FringeNC
11-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I hope Vermeil returns no matter what.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes DVís approach.

Yeah, DV trumps Herm Edwards or whatever retread they'd hire. Someone mentioned Mike Shula. You have to be kidding me. Like Mike Shula knows NFL offenses.

I don't understand the DV hate around here.

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Not a chance in hell - even if DV wanted to come back, CP wouldn't have it.

If Hunt wants him back, he'll be back, period.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
The only candidate that sounds remotely interesting would be Jeff Fisher.

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
If Hunt wants him back, he'll be back, period.

Do you honestly believe that Hunt wouldn't back whatever decision that Carl makes?

Phobia
11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Hunt won't start meddling now. This is CP's call and the call is "negatory"

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
10-6= DV gone.
11-5= DV gone
12-4= DV gone.

don't stop there!

Chiefs win the SB= DV gone. :shake:

FringeNC
11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Hunt won't start meddling now. This is CP's call and the call is "negatory"

So the CP - DV friendship is ruined? What happened?

chiefsfaninNC
11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, DV trumps Herm Edwards or whatever retread they'd hire. Someone mentioned Mike Shula. You have to be kidding me. Like Mike Shula knows NFL offenses.

I don't understand the DV hate around here.

What is to understand? Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Play action. Also don't forget Mike was QB coach in Miami. He actually made Fiedler pretty good. Fiedler had his best year under Shula.

tommykat
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM

I was there and saw that....however, calling out DV is just bullchit! Bite it buddy, hope DV stays!!!!

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Do you honestly believe that Hunt wouldn't back whatever decision that Carl makes?

I don't believe for a second that Carl Peterson didn't want to fire Marty Schottenheimer at a couple of points during his tenure. What kept that from happening?

FringeNC
11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
What is to understand? Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Run LJ. Play action. Also don't forget Mike was QB coach in Miami. He actually made Fiedler pretty good. Fiedler had his best year under Shula.

And DV - AS have had a top 3 NFL offense for 4 years. How could you complain about that? You think Jimmy Raye could do that with this team?

chiefsfaninNC
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
And DV - AS have had a top 3 NFL offense for 4 years. How could you complain about that? You think Jimmy Raye could do that with this team?

What the hell do they have to show for it? You want Marty to come back? I want a contender not a pretender.

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM

I don't complain about the offense. I complain about that offense having been wasted, when it was obvious to anyone paying attention that the defense was awful. I don't know who you blame for that, but Vermeil certainly has to shoulder some of it.

milkman
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't believe for a second that Carl Peterson didn't want to fire Marty Schottenheimer at a couple of points during his tenure. What kept that from happening?

I think Carl gives these kinds of things a lot of thought before he acts, and decided not to follow his first impulse.

Brock
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I think Carl gives these kinds of things a lot of thought before he acts, and decided not to follow his first impulse.

The real answer is that Carl lost some juice when Marty became a consistent winner in KC. Marty got bigger than him. I don't know if Vermeil has done that, but it's a possibility.

SLAG
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
The real answer is that Carl lost some juice when Marty became a consistent winner in KC. Marty got bigger than him. I don't know if Vermeil has done that, but it's a possibility.

Why is DV such a Likable Coach.....

What i really like is the Passion behind the man.

Hes such a Passionate Man..... If anyone has Passion for the game its DV.

:p

seriously tho. I do hope he comes back for one more year