PDA

View Full Version : ARE WE FOR REAL???

chiefscafan
11-27-2005, 06:00 PM
I have not been able to figure out this season. Is this a lucky win or are we for real????

I didn't see the game only heard it

cdcox
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
This game gave little indidcation. We beat the Pats pretty decisively, but showed serious signs of choking in through most of the 4th quarter. Also, this isn't near the Pats team that we have seen through most of the last 4 years. If we win next week, I'll start to get a little more confident in these guys, at least at home.

robot monster
11-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I think we're good enough to make the playoffs but we don't have a killer instinct. We tend to limp into the finish of games rather than administer the KO punch. Too many FG's that should be TD's.

If we make the playoffs there aren't a lot of playoff teams that it will thrill me to play.

ck_IN
11-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Can't tell from this game as cdcox said. We ran up a good lead because of good defense and horible Brady play. In the second half though they ran the ball effectively with a 4th string RB and almost made a game of it.

The Denver game will be an interesting test.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I felt the same way also. No killer instinct. It was like they took half of the third quarter and most of the fourth quarter off. We seem to get great starts but tire out. Maybe a sign of age.

ROYC75
11-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Real ? For a pretender , yes !

Right now we are not playoff ready. Maybe if we get thru these next 5 games in good shape and find the offense we use to know, then we can be taken for real.

JBucc
11-27-2005, 07:04 PM
If we beat donkeys we are for real. Otherwise no.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 07:07 PM
I just want to make the playoffs and knock off the Colts. Payback time for 95 and 2003.

Otter
11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
If we beat donkeys we are for real. Otherwise no.

Bland but oh so true.

Holding my breath till next week.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I am slowly thinking they are. But not untill Denver next week. Our 2nd half play sucked.

JimNasium
11-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm still a cynic. This team has got to go 11-5 to make the playoffs and I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

tk13
11-27-2005, 07:15 PM
I think we can beat anybody at home. I've thought that before this week though. If we hadn't totally melted down against Philly we'd be perfect at home this year. I wasn't really surprised the Pats came back... they almost came back from 28 down in Denver, which is brutally tough. They're banged up but they're still as gritty as any NFL team.

tk13
11-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm still a cynic. This team has got to go 11-5 to make the playoffs and I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.
Win our home games, split our road games. 11-5. Blammo.

B_Ambuehl
11-27-2005, 07:58 PM
The team you saw today was real but too little too late. Story of the 2005 Chiefs. With Roaf not missing so much time and having Warfield the entire year, this football team is probably 9-2. The close losses without Roaf can't be overcome and the defense got it together a few games too late. Few football teams in the NFL, no matter how talented, win 5 out of 6 straight games against other playoff caliber football teams and that's what it will take. As of today KC is 1-0 on that 6 game stretch. They're gonna need to be 5-1 here in 6 weeks. The wins now just set up a bigger heartbreak sometime in the next few weeks.

Taco John
11-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I think you'll find out this next week. I think your season will come down to the next game. Win, and you are in. Lose and go home. This is a playoff game for your team.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I think you'll find out this next week. I think your season will come down to the next game. Win, and you are in. Lose and go home. This is a playoff game for your team.

Every game is a playoff game now. We have to keep winning

tommykat
11-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I have not been able to figure out this season. Is this a lucky win or are we for real????

I didn't see the game only heard it

Must have read the KC Star? :rolleyes: Pol had his opions sorta the same as you said.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
The team you saw today was real but too little too late. Story of the 2005 Chiefs. With Roaf not missing so much time and having Warfield the entire year, this football team is probably 9-2. The close losses without Roaf can't be overcome and the defense got it together a few games too late. Few football teams in the NFL, no matter how talented, win 5 out of 6 straight games against other playoff caliber football teams and that's what it will take. As of today KC is 1-0 on that 6 game stretch. They're gonna need to be 5-1 here in 6 weeks. The wins now just set up a bigger heartbreak sometime in the next few weeks.

I don't think it too little too late. It reminds me a lot of 97 actually. Denver comes to town, and with a win basically wrap up the AFC West. Instead, Stoyo hits a monster FG into the wind and we stay alive. Pittsburgh beats Denver a week or two later. Chiefs run the table and win the West.

If the wins set up a bigger heartbreak later.... so be it. I'm jacked already for next weeks game.

philfree
11-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I have no idea how we came out of this game health wise but it seems we may be getting healthy at the right time. If we do continue to get healthy on both sides of the ball we are very much for real IMO. As tough as people keep saying our schedule is we are as good as any team we face. This weeks party is over though and it's time to get ready to beat down the Donks.

PhilFree:arrow:

ferrarispider95
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Remember the Donkeys are coming to Arrowhead, it is going to be LOUD. Don't forget the donkeys have squeaked out a few games, and almost had the eagles and patriots come back on them.

The chiefs d and the crowd will give them hell and I am hoping for a big day out of Green on a weak secondary.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
As tough as people keep saying our schedule is we are as good as any team we face.

Exactly! :toast:

el borracho
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
I just want to make the playoffs and knock off the Colts. Payback time for 95 and 2003.
Please, please, please let this happen!

KcMizzou
11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Please, please, please let this happen!That'd be the sweetest thing next to winning it all, IMO.

philfree
11-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I could really fancy knocking off the Donks and the Colts on our way to the "Big Dance"....... :) We owe'em both big time.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Pats are a crippled lion. Every once in a while we're able to deck a good team (Steelers, Falcons (without Vick)), but for the most part, we're just a crippled lion.

Denver at home is your litmus test. If Cincy is on your schedule this year, they're for real too. Not usre which NFC division you're playing thi syear, but a few of those teams will probably test your mettle too.

Suffice to say that the Pats have lost more so far this year (5 times) than in the last TWO years COMBINED. We're not what we were, so beating us doesn't prove eliteness.

I wish the Pats were still elite, but the record (6-5) is what it is.

keg in kc
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I hope we're real. I'll be pissed if I wake up in a few and realize I've been dreaming the last 31 years.

Actually, no. Check that. I might be relieved.

BigRedChief
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
If we don't continue to improve to where we can go on the road and win at Denver or Indy it doesn't matter if we make the playoffs or not. One and done playoffs again doesn't hold any interest for me.

beer bacon
11-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Can't tell from this game as cdcox said. We ran up a good lead because of good defense and horible Brady play. In the second half though they ran the ball effectively with a 4th string RB and almost made a game of it.

The Denver game will be an interesting test.

It is pretty interesting that the Patriots have ran the ball better without Dillon then with him. In the three games since Dillon's most recent injury the Pats have averaged 99 yards a game rushing. In their first eight games they averaged 77.625.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
It is pretty interesting that the Patriots have ran the ball better without Dillon then with him. In the three games since Dillon's most recent injury the Pats have averaged 99 yards a game rushing. In their first eight games they averaged 77.625.
Nothing personal, but the quality of the teams and defenses we're playing is definitely not as high the last few games as earlier in the year.

Also, our OLine has been decimated with injuries, and is starting to gel with a bit more continuity (albeit with backups).

edit to note that in the Chiefs case, I'm mainly referring to your defense, although they sure as heck played well enough today...

tk13
11-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Nothing personal, but the quality of the teams and defenses we're playing is definitely not as high the last few games as earlier in the year.

Also, our OLine has been decimated with injuries, and is starting to gel with a bit more continuity (albeit with backups).

edit to note that in the Chiefs case, I'm mainly referring to your defense, although they sure as heck played well enough today...
Our run defense is pretty good. We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher all year, and we've played Curtis Martin (when their offense was healthy), Portis, Tomlinson, McGahee, etc... Broncos ran for a bunch of yards on us but they gashed us with bootlegs and reverses and didn't actually have a 100 yard back. It was the pass defense that's been the problem. None of us would've ever guessed in Week 4 that we'd hold Brady under 300 and pick him off 4 times...

philfree
11-27-2005, 10:11 PM
We gave up some yards today when the Patriots where really in passing situations. Those second half yards may be misleading. Not to mention the one scramble by Brady when the Pats where holding 4 of our front 7.

TenLap
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Count me as one of the cautiously optimistic. I'll be much more likely to say the Chiefs are for real after we win the game against the Donkeys... and then the Cowboys... and then the Giants... and then San Diego... and then Cincinnati... and then the freakin' Colts in the playoffs.... yeeaaaarrrrrrgghhhhhhhh!

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2005, 10:34 PM
ARE WE FOR REAL???For all we know, we could all be some fantasy inside some autistic kid's snow globe.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2005, 10:41 PM
It's hard to tell how good KC is right now. They've thumped a horrible Texans team and a depleted Patriots' team the last 2 weeks.

There's no doubting LJ's ability, but I'm not sold on the defense just yet. And, I'm curious to see what happens to the offense should LJ be contained early.

Denver is pretty damn good against the run as well, I think Portis is the only RB to top 100 and it was barely over... can't recall without looking it up.

I just hope it's a good game and not like 2004... Denver's history in KC isn't good, so I'm not going in to next Sunday with any crazy expectations. I'm just hoping for the best.

greg63
11-27-2005, 10:45 PM
…Depends on your definition of "real".

Mile High Mania
11-27-2005, 10:56 PM
More to my point of "it's hard to tell"... KC has 7 wins against the following teams:

Jets (2-9)
Raiders X2 (4-7)
Redskins (5-6)
Dolphins (4-7)
Texans (1-10)
Patriots (6-5)

NE is the only team KC has defeated that currently has a winning record.

And, KC has lost to:
Broncos (9-2)
Eagles (5-6)
Chargers (7-4)
Bills (4-7)

It's Broncos/Chiefs week... let's rock.

StcChief
11-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Need to Win Conf games....
Dungver at home next week.
SD at home Christmas eve.
Cincy at home 1/1/06.

Beat NYG (tiebreaker Donxs lost to)
Dallas W L give Donxs a tiebreaker

Without Donxs stumbling WC is best we got.

JV may have trouble now without Leftwich.
Despite easy schedule.....

Cincy / Steelers tough other WC.

Win and still need help.....AFC looks very tough to get
in a playoff spot.

Saul Good
11-27-2005, 11:11 PM
No he didn't. Sorry.