PDA

View Full Version : I loved this game, but I'm worried about...

Frankie
11-27-2005, 06:06 PM
...our 2nd half offense. That's why we need to put the other team away when we have them on the ropes. We didn't with the Eagles and we paid for it. Today's game was also starting to go that way. It seems like our 'O' either relaxes, gets tired or get's sloppy with a semi-comfortable lead. Why do you think, is that?

ChiefsfaninPA
11-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I had that same feeling. It felt like the Eagles game all over again. But this time the D stepped up. But the O looked tired.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 06:13 PM
We left at least another 3 points on the field when LJ fumbled. We were moving the football and i felt we were going to score another TD on that drive. IM fine with this game, I really have no complaints other than Hicks, Dalton, Siavii and Browning cant get a pocket push to save their lives.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I had that same feeling. It felt like the Eagles game all over again. But this time the D stepped up. But the O looked tired.

I could definately tell that our D has gelled a lot better since earlier this season.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
...our 2nd half offense. That's why we need to put the other team away when we have them on the ropes. We didn't with the Eagles and we paid for it. Today's game was also starting to go that way. It seems like our 'O' either relaxes, gets tired or get's sloppy with a semi-comfortable lead. Why do you think, is that?

19-3 in the 2nd half. Green fakes the hand-off to LJ. Throws the bomb to a wide open Hall. Ballgame! I'd say that is putting the other team away. From that point on, the Patriots know we are going to run the ball. Wind up with 2nd and long. Big deal. I would have been really upset if we would have started throwing it all over the yard and had a few Int's that let NE back in the game.

milkman
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
We left at least another 3 points on the field when LJ fumbled. We were moving the football and i felt we were going to score another TD on that drive. IM fine with this game, I really have no complaints other than Hicks, Dalton, Siavii and Browning cant get a pocket push to save their lives.

Yeah, that was a drive that LJ dominated the Pats, but that fumble really changed the momentum.

Fortunately, it didn't cost us the game.

memyselfI
11-27-2005, 06:25 PM

And since this was the first win over a team with a winning record, what you are describing has happened against good and bad teams.

I don't think it was a let down in the second half rather failure of the offense to capitalize four different times in the first half. A good team, especially the Patriots at full force, would have made the Chiefs pay for their settling for those four field goals in the first half.

Hoover
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
I question the play calling in the second half, why in the hell where we running to the right side, it NEVER works.

stevieray
11-27-2005, 06:33 PM
sorry mememimymy, the faiders lost and the Chiefs didn't give you any ammo. Keep tryin'. ->KC Dan

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:46 PM
A good team, especially the Patriots at full force, would have made the Chiefs pay for their settling for those four field goals in the first half.

The Patriots are a good team. They have played a brutal schedule. Almost anyone in the NFL would be hard pressed to be much better than 6-5 right now with their schedule. Don't be surprised if 5 weeks from now the Patriots stand at 11-5.

Bob Dole
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Bob Dole attributes it to the other team making defensive adjustments at the half, while we come out and continue to do the same thing.

Which is one reason it pisses Bob Dole off that Trent isn't allowed to audible.

memyselfI
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
The Patriots are a good team. They have played a brutal schedule. Almost anyone in the NFL would be hard pressed to be much better than 6-5 right now with their schedule. Don't be surprised if 5 weeks from now the Patriots stand at 11-5.

They have not impressed me much this year even before becoming saddled with injuries. Yes, they are a good team but they are not the same SB team they've been in the past. This is not to take away from a solid and timely Chiefs win. Rather, it's to say that though the Chiefs looked very good, the Patriots, especially Brady, looked very bad and have at previous times during the season.

Coogs
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
They have not impressed me much this year even before becoming saddled with injuries. Yes, they are a good team but they are not the same SB team they've been in the past. This is not to take away from a solid and timely Chiefs win. Rather, it's to say that though the Chiefs looked very good, the Patriots, especially Brady, looked very bad and have at previous times during the season.

Let's see, they have played at Pittsburgh, at Atlanta, at Carolina, at Denver, and at KC. At home they have played the Chargers and Colts and that is just off the top of my head. They are still a pretty good team, and will likely be 11-5 in a few weeks.

Frankie
11-27-2005, 07:24 PM
They are also one of a very few teams who've had more key injuries than the Chiefs.

Frankie
11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Which is one reason it pisses Bob Dole off that Trent isn't allowed to audible.
I'm a Saunders supporter. But I certainly agree with you there.

KcMizzou
11-27-2005, 07:27 PM
sorry mememimymy, the faiders lost and the Chiefs didn't give you any ammo. Keep tryin'. ->KC DanBut Gannon was in the booth... hence the watching (and being able to comment on) the Chiefs game.

memyselfI
11-27-2005, 07:54 PM
But Gannon was in the booth... hence the watching (and being able to comment on) the Chiefs game.

I've seen or heard every Chiefs game this season. The difference is I've been near the computer about 4 of them during the game. The kids had no outside committments this weekend due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Thus, this was one of the weeks. Other than that, I've not had much to say about the Chiefs because I predicted they'd go 9-7 or 10-6 and that will not be good enough for the playoffs. They need to beat more teams with winning records...

not sure many want to hear that. :doh!: That being said, today was brilliant. Marcia looked like shit. :clap: