PDA

View Full Version : Why Our 2nd Half Offense Stunk...

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:12 PM
It is real simple.....THE RAIN. I see a bunch of people talking about our 2nd half offense sucking.

Did you see the ducks Trent was throwing while it was raining?

We had a 20+ point lead. Why not run the ball and protect it which we didn't do on a fumble.

But other than that our D had been playing great. I know it sucks watching the other team score and defend us when they KNOW we are going to run the ball.

It wasn't as bad as it looked except a couple play calls.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 06:15 PM

He threw a nice 17 yard strike to Parker on 3rd and 16.

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2005, 06:15 PM
It is real simple.....THE RAIN. I see a bunch of people talking about our 2nd half offense sucking.

We had a 20+ point lead. Why not run the ball and protect it which we didn't do on a fumble.

But other than that our D had been playing great. I know it sucks watching the other team score and defend us when they KNOW we are going to run the ball.

It wasn't as bad as it looked except a couple play calls.

The TD to Dante was in the second half, and that didn't stink a bit. It was quite aromatic, in fact. MMMM, ahh!

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 06:16 PM
The rain was stuffing out running game. Amazing!

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:16 PM
He threw a nice 17 yard strike to Parker on 3rd and 16.

Yes he did. But that was on 3rd down. I am just saying we played it safe and I can relate. Our defense was playing good and they were not going to let NE win this game.

Don't forget NE's front 7 is one of the best in the league. And they knew we were going to run the ball.

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
The rain was stuffing out running game. Amazing!

It's easy for a team like NE to defend the run when you know it is coming.

petegz28
11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
The TD to Dante was in the second half, and that didn't stink a bit. It was quite aromatic, in fact. MMMM, ahh!

I don't think it was raining real hard then. May have been.

|Zach|
11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
It's easy for a team like NE to defend the run when you know it is coming.
If our offense folds at a minimal amount of rain like that then its a problem. I don't think thats the issue but this is football. Rain happens.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I understand the rain messing with the passing game. But Green getting sacked had nothing to do with the rain. And I know they knew we were going to run it, but you got to grow a pair and take control of the LOS.