PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, not a great showing by my guys. The Chiefs looked really good, though.

Anyway, hope there's a rematch in the playoffs, and if not, best of luck to the Chiefs for the rest of the season. It's possible that the Pats will be a legitimate playoff team if/when all their currently injured players come back healthy. More than likely, though, this just isn't our year, in which case, I hope the Chiefs go to Detroit and lay waste to the NFC's representative.

And, of course, this goes double because otherwise it's likely to be either the Colts, which would be bad enough, or the Broncos, in which case I'll be sure to root for the NFC...

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks man for being a good sport. I still think Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

KcMizzou
11-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, good game.

Damn Pats sure dont give up without a fight.

Chiefs Pantalones
I thought you guys were going to come back there for a quarter. Good effort.

No concerns, though, you'll win your division in your sleep.

tommykat

Anyway, hope there's a rematch in the playoffs, and if not, best of luck to the Chiefs for the rest of the season. It's possible that the Pats will be a legitimate playoff team if/when all their currently injured players come back healthy. More than likely, though, this just isn't our year, in which case, I hope the Chiefs go to Detroit and lay waste to the NFC's representative.

And, of course, this goes double because otherwise it's likely to be either the Colts, which would be bad enough, or the Broncos, in which case I'll be sure to root for the NFC...

Class act sir...;) rep

Skip Towne
You're a gentleman and a scholar and a wild bull rider.

Count Zarth
11-27-2005, 07:22 PM
It pisses me off to no end that we beat you and you still have a better shot at making the playoffs. :mad:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 07:23 PM

ROFL

philfree
11-27-2005, 07:24 PM

I'll second that!

PhilFree:arrow:

el borracho
11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
... an archer and a poet...

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks man for being a good sport. I still think Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

Yeah, me too. Some of those 4 picks were BAD luck for him (i.e. not terrible throws) combined with good hands by the Chiefs D-backs.

But still, he was surprisingly inaccurate today. Too many balls overthrown. One pick was right over our guys ehad to another.

But still, I'd take Brady over every other QB in the NFL.

I'll say this -- if we get all our boys who aren't on IR back healthy for the playoffs (especially that Dillon guy) then NOBODY will look forward to palying us in the playoffs. That said, we ain't winning the SB this year. Just ain't gonna happen.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, good game.

Damn Pats sure dont give up without a fight.

Pats are many things -- inconsistent, injured, lacking in big plays on the defensive side of the ball, etc. etc.

But one thing they definitely are as well -- RELENTLESS. They never, ever, ever quit. It's actually cool to see, although sad in a way because it's like watching a formerly great fighter who keeps getting pounded to the mat, but then gets up against to keep taking more of a beating, and all you can think is "boy, he USED to be great..."

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I thought you guys were going to come back there for a quarter. Good effort.

No concerns, though, you'll win your division in your sleep.

Yeah, luckily for us the AFC East is suddenly the worst division in the NFL. :eek:

Deberg_1990
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, me too. Some of those 4 picks were BAD luck for him (i.e. not terrible throws) combined with good hands by the Chiefs D-backs.

But still, he was surprisingly inaccurate today. Too many balls overthrown. One pick was right over our guys ehad to another.

But still, I'd take Brady over every other QB in the NFL.

I'll say this -- if we get all our boys who aren't on IR back healthy for the playoffs (especially that Dillon guy) then NOBODY will look forward to palying us in the playoffs. That said, we ain't winning the SB this year. Just ain't gonna happen.

I know its getting cliche to say, but he really is the 2nd coming of Montana. Nothing fazes the guy. Cool as ice....He sticks in there against any pass rush, takes hits and still keeps ticking. He could throw 6 INT's during a game and it still wouldnt matter. Hes still gonna get right back up and come after you on the next drive.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM
It pisses me off to no end that we beat you and you still have a better shot at making the playoffs. :mad:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you finished 3rd in the AFC West last year to SD's 1 and Denver's 2.

This gave you: (1) better draft picks, and (2) an easier schedule, in theory.

And, if memory serves, the salary cap wasn't some kind of huge hindrance.

So what, exactly, are you bitching about again?

Rain Man
11-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, if injuries have killed us this year, they've killed the Patriots worse. I'll take the win and run, though.

ROYC75
11-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Props to you and good luck in the playoffs....... maybe we will get there...... Maybe.

Mr. Kotter
11-27-2005, 08:04 PM

Well, we won a game we had to win. If we can win the next 5 I'll feel as optimistic as you seem. Even if we drop one, I gotta think any playoff appearance will likely be shortlived.

A Bronco-hater too? I always knew I liked you.... :)

Demonpenz
11-27-2005, 08:11 PM
man it must be nice to wear shirts with more than just "Division champs!" on them

Frazod
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you finished 3rd in the AFC West last year to SD's 1 and Denver's 2.

I think what he's trying to say is that with division rivals consisting of Miami, New York and Buffalo, Mizzou could win a division title.

beer bacon
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM

I think what he is getting at is that the Pats could easily win their division at 9-7 or 10-6. On the other hand the Chiefs need to get to 10-6 just to have a shot at the WC, and they may even need to go 11-5 to do that.

Skip Towne
11-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I think what he's trying to say is that with division rivals consisting of Miami, New York and Buffalo, Mizzou could win a division title.
Well.................

KcMizzou
11-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I think what he's trying to say is that with division rivals consisting of Miami, New York and Buffalo, Mizzou could win a division title.ROFL

That may be stretching things a bit...

Frazod
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I think what he is getting at is that the Pats could easily win their division at 9-7 or 10-6. On the other hand the Chiefs need to get to 10-6 just to have a shot at the WC, and they may even need to go 11-5 to do that.

7-9 could win that division.

Frazod
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
ROFL

That may be streching things a bit...

Okay, you're right. Buffalo would beat them twice. :D

redhed
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
It's good to see posters from other teams with a modicum of style and grace. They are indeed a rare breed.
Despite this Pat's loss, I think your boys will win their div. Even on an off day I'll take Brady over most of the QBs in the NFL. 9 diff recs? Get outa here...
Arrowhead is a tough place to win, so don't get too down. Get healthy and take of business. Ya still get to play the Jets twice! :thumb:

dirk digler
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks Amnorix!

I personally feel that the hit that Allen laid on Brady early really affected Brady the whole game. But with that said Brady is the best QB in the NFL and I would take him any day over any other QB out there.

The Pats will be a very scary team to have to play in the playoffs and I don't envy any team that has to play them.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2005, 08:30 PM

I think he was trying to say that he is planning on hunting down your family, and watch your dog.

Sully
11-27-2005, 08:30 PM

As a Mizzou guy,let me just say that the Tigers couldn't win the awful Big XII North... so let's find another one...

chief52
11-27-2005, 08:38 PM

(2) No, those days of the weighted schedule are over. Each division's teams play 14 of the 16 against like opponents. The Chiefs by no means have an easy schedule, nor do any of the AFC West team this year. It all evens out...

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
A Bronco-hater too? I always knew I liked you.... :)

Well, I mean, between the excessive cut blocks, the occassional chop block, the salary cap violations that helped them win their Super Bowls, and all, there is alot to love about them...

In terms of hatred, I'd hate to have to pick among the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders and Broncos, but after those 4, the rest of the NFL ranges between "mild like" to "mild dislike" on my radar screen.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
man it must be nice to wear shirts with more than just "Division champs!" on them
Sweatshirts, T-shirts, every DVD made, I bought the lot. Sadly, the history of the Celtics taught me to appreciate EVERY MOMENT while you're living in it. Great teams aren't guaranteed to any fan base.

My old man (1926-2002) loved football and baseball FAR MORE than any other sport.

Sadly, he was hit with the alzheimer's before he could see his beloved Patriots win the SB, and died before the Red Sox won it all. I mean, the guy could name every Red Sox manager since the mid 30's (and spend an hour on each telling you why they sucked), and yet he couldn't QUITE make it to see either team win it all.

Meanwhile, my 4 year old son has lived to see, and NOT understand/appreciate, 3 Patriots SB championships and 1 Red Sox championship.

Somehow, it doesn't seem fair, but the bottom line is, love it and appreciate it while it's happening, cuz it's likely you won't see it again.

Count Zarth
11-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Sweatshirts, T-shirts, every DVD made, I bought the lot. Sadly, the history of the Celtics taught me to appreciate EVERY MOMENT while you're living in it. Great teams aren't guaranteed to any fan base.

My old man (1926-2002) loved football and baseball FAR MORE than any other sport.

Sadly, he was hit with the alzheimer's before he could see his beloved Patriots win the SB, and died before the Red Sox won it all. I mean, the guy could name every Red Sox manager since the mid 30's (and spend an hour on each telling you why they sucked), and yet he couldn't QUITE make it to see either team win it all.

Meanwhile, my 4 year old son has lived to see, and NOT understand/appreciate, 3 Patriots SB championships and 1 Red Sox championship.

Somehow, it doesn't seem fair, but the bottom line is, love it and appreciate it while it's happening, cuz it's likely you won't see it again.

The thing is, how can you really know "it's happening" until it's already happened?

I mean, god forbid we don't win the SB 3 out of 4 years. :(

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:50 PM

Oh, I understand. But OTOH, I don't give a rat's ass. That's the luck of the draw. If you want to talk about luck, we could both wax poetic about how much BAD luck both our teams have had with injuries.

We're lucky our division sucks right now. We're unlucky with injuries. Blah, blah, blah. I don't much care about that stuff, really.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
It's good to see posters from other teams with a modicum of style and grace. They are indeed a rare breed.
Despite this Pat's loss, I think your boys will win their div. Even on an off day I'll take Brady over most of the QBs in the NFL. 9 diff recs? Get outa here...
Arrowhead is a tough place to win, so don't get too down. Get healthy and take of business. Ya still get to play the Jets twice! :thumb:

We complete passes to 8+ receivers pretty much every week. We definitely have a spread the wealth mentality.

Don't worry, I'm not down. Just like to have seen a better performance. At least our red zone defense is coming around (we were UNBELIEVABLY bad earlier in the year).

And yeah, Arrowhead is tough.

FYI, the Pats radio pre-game had all 3 experts (2 former Pats players and a Pats beat writer) all pick the Chiefs. Too good a team, on the road, that needed the win more. I found myself nodding in agreement with them.

Would have liked to have seen more offense from my guys, though. If we'd lost 31-28 like I expected, I'd have been happier.

But, thanskf or the kind words.

Amnorix
11-27-2005, 08:57 PM
(2) No, those days of the weighted schedule are over. Each division's teams play 14 of the 16 against like opponents. The Chiefs by no means have an easy schedule, nor do any of the AFC West team this year. It all evens out...

For good or for bad, I understand exactly how the scheduling works out.

Suffice to say that the AFC South and North teams YOU GUYS play finished 3rd in thier divisions last year, versus 2nd for the Broncos and 1st (that's Indy and Pittsburgh, for the record) for the Chargers.

So, theoretically, your schedule SHOULD BE easier than theirs. Of course, off-season changes can impact this, and theory might not be reality, but the theory is still there.

And, I would argue, the entire AFC West has a slightly easier than expected schedule this year, since they are matched up with the unbelievably bad, worst-in-the-NFL, AFC East (Pats went 1-3 against the division, and we're in first place!)

Logical
11-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks Ammorix, I feel fortunate to be on the winning side of the score against your champions. Sorry about your teams injury status I know that must suck. I still believe we won't be winning any playoff games and your Patriots will probably win at least one.

chief52
11-27-2005, 10:00 PM
For good or for bad, I understand exactly how the scheduling works out.

Suffice to say that the AFC South and North teams YOU GUYS play finished 3rd in their divisions last year, versus 2nd for the Broncos and 1st (that's Indy and Pittsburgh, for the record) for the Chargers.

So, theoretically, your schedule SHOULD BE easier than theirs. Of course, off-season changes can impact this, and theory might not be reality, but the theory is still there.

And, I would argue, the entire AFC West has a slightly easier than expected schedule this year, since they are matched up with the unbelievably bad, worst-in-the-NFL, AFC East (Pats went 1-3 against the division, and we're in first place!)

Based on your posts, I do understand that you know the NFL. Did not mean to imply other wise. To me, every member of each conference's schedule is the same now. Two of sixteen games based on a year ago and then only if you play the #1 or #2...#2 or #3...hey, all the same to me. I am damn happy about it, too. I hated that weighted schedule.

For what it is worth, ESPN just said the remaining Chief opponents have a combined 38-17 record. Gonna be a tough ride.

Classy posts tonight, Amnorix. :clap:

philfree
11-27-2005, 10:11 PM
So who was out of the Patriots front 7? Bruschi and Seymore both started and that's two of there best players. I know their secondary has been desimated but to me their strength has been the front 7. We did a pretty good job against their front 7 for most of the game. The ability to overcome adverisity has been a big part of why the Pats have had the success they've had so I can't understand why some people are taking this win with a grain of salt because we beat a "depleted" team.

How many injuries have the Chiefs had this year? Somehow we've managed to fight our way to 7-4 with two back up OTs starting most of the games as well as having CBs out and what was probably gonna be our best DT out....and losing LBs to injury who we were counting on to play in our 3-4.

There is no way I can discount this win. It was a good win and while I think we're only as good as out next showing I think we/the Chiefs made at least a little statement about what his team can do. Now we gotta follow it up.

PhilFree:arrow:

StcChief
11-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Pats didn't look like SB champs today, with injuries.

I was worried til the end 'Tom Terrific' would bring them back and torch our secondary somehow....

Pats Win AFCE. we could end up a WC playing there...

Amnorix
11-28-2005, 05:37 AM
So who was out of the Patriots front 7? Bruschi and Seymore both started and that's two of there best players. I know their secondary has been desimated but to me their strength has been the front 7. We did a pretty good job against their front 7 for most of the game. The ability to overcome adverisity has been a big part of why the Pats have had the success they've had so I can't understand why some people are taking this win with a grain of salt because we beat a "depleted" team.

Our front 7 is mostly intact, actually. Seymour is still not 100% from what anyone can tell. Bruschi isn't in "mid-season form" so to speak, because although a veteran he still didn't take part in any practice from mini-camps right through week 6 or whatever of the season, so he missed everything except practices.

Our biggest problem is that Vince Wilfork isn't doing well at the NG position, really. Inconsistent, and getting blocked out of plays too easily.

Personally, I'm worried that our front 7 isn't what we expected or hoped anymore. Wilfork in his 2nd year should have shown more improvement than he has. Colvin ahs been better, but not as good as hoped (never going to recover from that hip injury) and Willie seems to be solid but isn't getting younger. Mainly, I"m surprised at the TOTAL lack of pass rush this year. We're like 30th in the NFL in sacks per pass atempt.

As for depleted -- how 'bout we take away Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Willie Roaf, Casey Wiegmann, Welbourn (he's your starter at Right Tackle, right?), your #2 WR (whoever that is), your #4 WR and Kickoff Returner, and your best DB whoever that is (Surtain I guess?) and FIVE MORE defensive backs from your starting day roster, and hold them all out of the game.

THAT'S the Patriots team we've got right now.

How many injuries have the Chiefs had this year? Somehow we've managed to fight our way to 7-4 with two back up OTs starting most of the games as well as having CBs out and what was probably gonna be our best DT out....and losing LBs to injury who we were counting on to play in our 3-4.

See above. We overcame ridiculous injuries last year too, but they weren't to the really key "heart and soul of your team" type players. This year, it has been.

There is no way I can discount this win. It was a good win and while I think we're only as good as out next showing I think we/the Chiefs made at least a little statement about what his team can do. Now we gotta follow it up.

You can only play (and beat) the teams on your schedule. If they show up injured, so be it. This is the NFL, which ain't for wimps, and sympathy isn't exactly part of any team's game plan.

I'm not going to whine about it -- it is what it is, and I can look over to the Jets (QBs going down like bowling pins) and some other teams and fully realize that we're hardly the only team to be wracked by injuries.

But, ultimately, suffice to say that we're not exactly playing at full strength right now.