PDA

View Full Version : The Cincinnati Trespasser. Did he get a fair sentence?

Rain Man
11-27-2005, 10:00 PM
What do you think? The idiot who could have stabbed Brett Favre after he ran out onto the field and disrupted a game during a hurry-up drive got 230 hours of community service, a $200 fine, and 14 months of probation in which he's not allowed to come into the stadium.

I hope he gets fired from his job, too. Maybe that will help him grow up. And he definitely should have received a little jail time out of it.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4264204,00.html

Trespasser gets probation
Tom Uhlman AP

For his dash with the football at Paul Brown Stadium, Greg Gall was sentenced to probation, 230 hours of community service and was fined $200 after pleading guilty to trespassing and disorderly conduct while intoxicated.STORY TOOLS
Email this story | Print By Associated Press
November 24, 2005

CINCINNATI - The man who ran onto the field during a Bengals game and took the football from Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre was placed on 14 months of probation Wednesday after pleading guilty to charges of trespassing and disorderly conduct while intoxicated.
Greg Gall, of Cincinnati, also was sentenced to 230 hours of community service and fined $200. While on probation, he is banned from Paul Brown Stadium and the Cincinnati Reds' Great American Ball Park. A charge of resisting arrest was dropped.

"We respect the judge's decision and we hope this will serve to deter similar incidents in the future," Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said.

Gall, 31, interrupted the final minute of Cincinnati's 21-14 victory Oct. 30 as the Packers were at the Bengals' 28-yard line and trying to tie the score. As Favre went back to pass, Gall came from behind and grabbed the ball. He raced down the field, celebrating, until security guards tackled him.

Several Packers players complained about security and said Gall could have hurt Favre. The Bengals have increased security.

County prosecutor Joe Deters wrote to Judge David Stockdale urging a jail sentence to deter "stupid acts like this." Gall's attorney, Scott Rubenstein, told the judge his client has suffered embarrassment and his job is in jeopardy.

"It's been a humiliating experience for him," Rubenstein said.

He said Gall was remorseful and wrote apologies to the Bengals and the county.

The judge suggested that Gall might need alcohol counseling during probation.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
We could learn a lot from the Singapore justice system. Cane him.

cdcox
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
If you think about it, he wasted 5 minutes of more than a million peoples lives. That's like 9.5 man-years, or given current life expectancies of Americans, killing a person in thier mid-60s. Give him the chair.

Rain Man
11-27-2005, 10:56 PM
That's a very good point. I'd vote for it.

There's something about drunk people doing stupid stuff that truly annoys me. Sorry, endelt - I like you, anyway.