PDA

View Full Version : Hays, KS weather sucks!

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I just got back from Thanksgiving vacation and It started snowing around Great Bend on my way back. First it was mainly just huge flakes that made the roads very slushly and then around Rush Center it turned into lighter flakes with 40-50 MPH winds. The huge flakes was worse than the lighter flakes with the wind. It sucked driving back. It started snowing around 4:30 and it hasnt stopped. Normally takes me 2 hours 20 minutes to get back, this time it took me 3 hours to get back. Of course I heard there was a storm coming but I was not going to leave untill after the Chiefs game.

Coach
11-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Heh, at least you made it back safely. I hear ya'll are gonna get snowed in perhaps?

cdcox
11-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Tough people in those parts. During a winter trek across Kansas on the way to a snow skiiing vacation we stopped in the middle of the night for gas. Snow on the ground, sharp wind blowing across the prarie that cut you to the bone. The woman who was the proprieter of the gas station, came out of her trailer in a tee-shirt and flip flops, just to shoot the breeze.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Heh, at least you made it back safely. I hear ya'll are gonna get snowed in perhaps?

I70 west of Russell is closed down, and many other highways. Many students didnt make it back tonight. One of our halls has been opened up for anyone that needs help by the Red Cross. All the hotels here are full. Ice and snow covering the roads.

Coach
11-27-2005, 11:03 PM
I70 west of Russell is closed down, and many other highways. Many students didnt make it back tonight. One of our halls has been opened up for anyone that needs help by the Red Cross. All the hotels here are full. Ice and snow covering the roads.

I'm not suprised.

Hopefully it'll let up soon, but from judging the radar, it probably won't for awhile.

Coach
11-27-2005, 11:03 PM
But hey, it's Kansas weather. Tornadoes, Hail, High Winds, and near-blizzard conditions.

We got it all baby.

wolfpack0735
11-27-2005, 11:08 PM
it was nice here till about 6 or so then the wind changed out of the northwest and the temp dropped 20 degrees. but they took all the snow out, just wind. glad you made it back alright,i was alittle worried.

ArrowheadHawk
11-27-2005, 11:14 PM
But hey, it's Kansas weather. Tornadoes, Hail, High Winds, and near-blizzard conditions.

We got it all baby.
usually on different days though

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 11:16 PM
it was nice here till about 6 or so then the wind changed out of the northwest and the temp dropped 20 degrees. but they took all the snow out, just wind. glad you made it back alright,i was alittle worried.

Brodys dumbass barely made it, he slid off once and had to wait for a four wheel drive truck to pull him out. Damn Fords.

Coach
11-27-2005, 11:17 PM
usually on different days though

Yeah, that's true, but every now and then, we get that in a single day.

wolfpack0735
11-27-2005, 11:27 PM
that jack daniels ham was sure good. we would have sent you back with more but i needed it for my supper.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
that jack daniels ham was sure good. we would have sent you back with more but i needed it for my supper.

Yeah sure was, it was just as good the second time around. So far we still have classes but hopefully they cancel them. Colby Community College is closed and its 45 min. away. Everything is freezing up here.

wolfpack0735
11-27-2005, 11:32 PM
i bet that new chiefs coat will be nice.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
i bet that new chiefs coat will be nice.

You're right. I already done wore it getting back into the dorms. Its awesome and wore it when Brody went to Sonic. A stocking cap and some gloves would be cool too. Official Reebok type stuff. hmmm.. kcchiefs.com caps and accessories, Focus sideline ribbed knit hat... or a yellow or white one would make me look cool.

wolfpack0735
11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
You're right. I already done wore it getting back into the dorms. Its awesome and wore it when Brody went to Sonic. A stocking cap and some gloves would be cool too. Official Reebok type stuff. hmmm..
i thought it had a hood. i`ll have to keep an eye open for gloves and cap.

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 11:44 PM
i thought it had a hood. i`ll have to keep an eye open for gloves and cap.

It does, but a stocking cap would increase my lady chances. check out my edited post on my last one.

wolfpack0735
11-27-2005, 11:47 PM
You're right. I already done wore it getting back into the dorms. Its awesome and wore it when Brody went to Sonic. A stocking cap and some gloves would be cool too. Official Reebok type stuff. hmmm.. kcchiefs.com caps and accessories, Focus sideline ribbed knit hat... or a yellow or white one would make me look cool.
are these hints or what?did you take with you the game controller?

Dunit35
11-27-2005, 11:51 PM
are these hints or what?did you take with you the game controller?

I think they are hints. I think a white one would look better. theres one on Ebay. Yeah, I took the controller.

rtmike
11-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Hell yeah. I was born and raised in Hays. It wasn't the small amount of snow, it was the winds that shut everything down. I miss that actually.

grandllama
11-28-2005, 05:48 AM
eh, spent the first 21 years of my life out there, this storm is nothing but a flesh wound...

i take it your a student at FHSU... wait until you get the annual March blizzard right before spring break starts...

Bwana
11-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah, it's rank around here today as well and I have to take a trip to Beach, fuggen ND. :shake: 260 miles of Ice on I-94 to stay in some hotel hell when I do get there. :cuss: